Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1505711 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by koonlay5: 4:11pm On Sep 13, 2017
In addition, you can request WES to send the verification to your school via courier. But note it will incur extra expenditure. Thereafter, request for the tracking number.

Kontagious:

How can school deny responding to a mail they didn't get? That aside, you can either;

1.) Try get WES to resend the verification, then follow up closely with your school or

2.) Inform WES to exclude your Bsc from the assessment.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by crucialmental: 4:11pm On Sep 13, 2017
Good day house,
please i need advice as to my express entry process.
Am 36yrs, an Accountant with 13yrs working experience. I took the IELTS exam on the 19th of last month. Results states 7 over all. R - 6.5, W- 6.5, L- 7.0, S - 7.5.
I took CRS and made a total of 342. Please my question is how can i improve my CRS figure for the Federal Skilled worker route?
Or which provincial nominee programme can my profile get me?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 4:13pm On Sep 13, 2017
bigfido:
hello guys, i am havine a bit of issues making payment for my app. for those that have paid for a family of 4, how much did you put into your dom account?
Your family size fee (App + RPRF) should be 2,380CAD. 2,100USD should be sufficient but you might want to top that up a bit just in case.

Then maybe you confirm your card has been activated and if there's any limit set.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 4:15pm On Sep 13, 2017
koonlay5:
In addition, you can request WES to send the verification to your school via courier. But note it will incur extra expenditure. Thereafter, request for the tracking number.
Thanks for this.

cc: 12go
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Canadianfly: 4:17pm On Sep 13, 2017
40manlappy:

You can get ECA with statement of result and transcript. My wife evaluated her MSc successfully with it.

BTW, this issue has been discussed in the two threads. You can use the Search toolbar next time you have similar issues.

Hello 40, saw a message notification from you. Was there some info you needed? I'll be glad to help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 4:19pm On Sep 13, 2017
Lamgirl:

Please does that mean, "TO WHOM" can be evaluated by WES ?

Yes, it can be used to evaluate your qualification.

cc: threadstone

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 4:20pm On Sep 13, 2017
lilyandie:
Thank you everyone for your responses. Followikg what you guys said, has anyone in the process been asked to provide further or updated evidence of proof of funds?
Hi, I’d assume your POF is in your account, depending on the amount you need. You might consider investing in T-bills. If you do N3m for 91 days tenor, you should have about 100k readily available. This way, you have legitimately touched your POF without touching it. But then, depends on how much you need.

To your question, we've read of cases where updated POF is requested. It happens but not too frequently.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by calfy: 4:24pm On Sep 13, 2017
Diaaaana:

Thanks Calfy
His score was CRS 410, his IELTS was L 8.5, R 8.5, S 7.5 and W7.
Mine was L8, R7, S7 and W 6.5
He's 37 and I'm 33. He's an engineer and works with an oil company with 10 years experience. I run my own business. Non of us have a masters degree.

Any help will be appreciated.

Please go for remarking of your writing only if your result is less than 30 days. You are most likely going to get 7. Otherwise, re-write IELTS and aim for L - 8 or higher, R - 7 or higher, S - 7 or higher, W - 7 or higher. This way you will be good as the principal applicant. If you can make 7.5 or higher in speaking, that will be great. I said speaking because I'm sure if you have done 7 in speaking, you can do 7.5 with a little more effort. The secret in speaking is to ensure you exhaust the 2 minutes. You should also try to paraphrase the words and not to repeat ideas. Good luck. I was in the same boat as you guys but Ontario came calling.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Lamgirl: 4:28pm On Sep 13, 2017
40manlappy:

Yes, it can be used evaluate your qualification.

cc: threadstone

REALLY, Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by calfy: 4:30pm On Sep 13, 2017
gogedda:
Good evening all, great work here. IQAS ECA finally came 2 days ago.. Here is my timeline..

First IELTS: May 25th..L6.5, R6, W7.5, S7
2nd IELTS: July 8th.....L8, R7, w7, S7.5

Transcript was delivered to IQAS June 30th
IQAS acknowledgement email: July 22th
ECA report email received: Sept 10th

Education: Msc
Marital status: Single

CRS score: 461

EE profile created already, thanks everyone.

I should think that congrats in advance is in order.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by philip3(m): 4:39pm On Sep 13, 2017
philip3:
by the way can anyone solve this issue.
in filling out the schedule A, I usually save it to come back at a later day. but it never opens the next day. it gives an error. is it my computer or the nature of the form itself ie for immediate upload.

anyone?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 13, 2017
Kontagious:

Thanks for this.

cc: 12go

Will try it too. Thank you for the options.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 5:17pm On Sep 13, 2017
Canadianfly:

Hello 40, saw a message notification from you. Was there some info you needed? I'll be glad to help.

Thanks, I need to discuss an issue with you offline.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tbaby2015: 5:28pm On Sep 13, 2017
philip3:

anyone?

Fill same day and print out. Or 'save as' another name. Just 'save' does not usually work with the form
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 5:33pm On Sep 13, 2017
karyna123:
HI, I have a worry. I sent my passport to Ghana 2 weeks ago, and received a notification on my email that I have a message in my EE profile.
That was on the 8th, but I' yet to see the message in my profile. Is this something to worry about or should I contact CIC? if yes, how do I contact them? I would appreciate your response. Thanks

You don't need to worry. Keep checking the "Final decision" part of your CIC account. It should change to "Your application was approved" after your passport has been stamped. You should expect the stamped passport not long after that.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by manlikegb: 5:34pm On Sep 13, 2017
[quote author=manlikegb post=60319005]

Ok, thank you very much for your time, I’ll like to add that;

1. She had a complete 1yr work experience at a different company PRIOR to joining this current company where she’s been working for the 2yr & 8months. Is it possible to combine both to make up for 3yrs and of course claim full points?

I know that using the CRS TOOL, it has to be in a single occupation. A friend said for EE pool, it doesn’t have to be a single occupation only. I just want clarity, thanks.

2. Her sibling got married to a Canada PR holder in Nigeria earlier this year but is yet to finalise paperworks(still processing) to go be with the spouse in Canada. Since the spouse(in Canada) is already a sister-in-law, is it possible to claim the "family in Canada” 15points using her? Pls take a look at the attached.

@canadianfly, what is your take on question 2 above? After reading your old comment quoted below, I just thought maybe you may have someone from the zillion friends of yours who have dealt with the kind of situation before. Thanks.

"Let me answer your 2nd question. I have a zillion Canadian citizen friends in Canada but it is illegal to deceive CIC. And you will have to prove it by documentation, birth certificates with both your parents names on there. Besides if the relative is not a blood relation, I.e. Mother, father, sibling...forget it. Except you want to go the PNP route where you get points for having a relative living in that province".
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dotcman: 5:36pm On Sep 13, 2017
Lamgirl:

Please does that mean, "TO WHOM" can be evaluated by WES ?

Your certificate should be out. I finished in 2016 and I have collected mine, just 3minths ago, and iv sent to wes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ajiifixing(m): 5:37pm On Sep 13, 2017
bigfido:
hello guys, i am havine a bit of issues making payment for my app. for those that have paid for a family of 4, how much did you put into your dom account?

CAD 2,380 (that should be about USD2100).
That was what I used in July.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ajiifixing(m): 5:39pm On Sep 13, 2017
Kontagious:

Your family size fee (App + RPRF) should be 2,380CAD. 2,100USD should be sufficient but you might want to top that up a bit just in case.

Then maybe you confirm your card has been activated and if there's any limit set.

Exactly!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 5:41pm On Sep 13, 2017
teewhy31:

Me too. What they do to us ehn... sometimes I burst into princess Sophia theme song in my office.....
As in en.. This is so me.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 6:01pm On Sep 13, 2017
flyboi1:

yes 6.5 in all 3 attempts. i've used different strategies self, im just tired. im open for more strategies tho.

If ur latest test is less than 6 weeks ago, I suggest you apply for remark and also book another test. Utilize all your options, you may be lucky. Also, keep practicing more and give it one more shot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 6:14pm On Sep 13, 2017
crucialmental:
Good day house,
please i need advice as to my express entry process.
Am 36yrs, an Accountant with 13yrs working experience. I took the IELTS exam on the 19th of last month. Results states 7 over all. R - 6.5, W- 6.5, L- 7.0, S - 7.5.
I took CRS and made a total of 342. Please my question is how can i improve my CRS figure for the Federal Skilled worker route?
Or which provincial nominee programme can my profile get me?

Your CRS points can be boosted with a much better IELTS score- L8, R7, W7 as minimum. Your Speaking score is perfect. What's ur highest qualification and marital status?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yomalicious(f): 6:23pm On Sep 13, 2017
Blackbuddy:

PCC for the US can only be obtained through their FBI, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

Please can someone tell me how they obtained approved fingerprinting from Nigeria and Where?

Has anyone done fingerprinting in US that's a non resident?

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Topboyz5: 6:33pm On Sep 13, 2017
Hello, I want to ask about naija PCC.

Is it just a walk-in process to Alagbon?
Or there is a number to be called before going there?

Anyone done it before? Abeg what is the process ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by karyna123: 6:40pm On Sep 13, 2017
thanks for your reply. My status changes to "your application was approved" like 5 days ago. Then I received an email the following day that I have a message in my profile. But I am yet to see any message till now

40manlappy:

You don't need to worry. Keep checking the "Final decision" part of your CIC account. It should change to "Your application was approved" after your passport has been stamped. You should expect the stamped passport not long after that.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Blackbuddy: 6:41pm On Sep 13, 2017
Topboyz5:
Hello, I want to ask about naija PCC.

Is it just a walk-in process to Alagbon?
Or there is a number to be called before going there?

Anyone done it before? Abeg what is the process ?

It's walk in, in fact from the gate of the Finger print section at Alagbon, Lagos, some police guys will start to canvass you to assist you get it done. But if you have obtained a contact there, you could ahead make to make an appointment with the person and not spend time waiting in case they go out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by crucialmental: 6:47pm On Sep 13, 2017
Your CRS points can be boosted with a much better IELTS score- L8, R7, W7 as minimum. Your Speaking score is perfect. What's ur highest qualification and marital status?

Am presently Single and hold a BSC degree in Accounting. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Blackbuddy: 6:48pm On Sep 13, 2017
Yomalicious:

Please can someone tell me how they obtained approved fingerprinting from Nigeria and Where? You can get it from the Finger print section at Alagbon where you obtain Nigerian PCC.

Has anyone done fingerprinting in US that's a non resident? You can find out more here, https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

Thanks in advance

Hi, see above.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sehawale: 7:16pm On Sep 13, 2017
Thanks a lot
Yewwygraceful:
IP1

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 7:18pm On Sep 13, 2017
Ajujuju2:

My dear. I have searched every space but cannot confirm or refute anything. I've called IRCC and was told London Ontario (i recorded the call sef) and yet there seems to b no know evidence that Ontario processes E. E applications.

Yes there exists an office in Ontario but i'm yet to see another applicant. So its either
a) the CIC agent na olodo or
b) na people de assume say na U.k or
c) both Ontario and U. K actually process E. E

IN ANY CASE ITS D END THAT MATTERS.

All these London na Ontario. Sydney na Nova Scotia. Ottawa na Ontario. All in Canada. Why would they send to UK?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Canadianfly: 7:32pm On Sep 13, 2017
40manlappy:

Thanks, I need to discuss an issue with you offline.

Sent you a pm.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Topboyz5: 7:33pm On Sep 13, 2017
Blackbuddy:

It's walk in, in fact from the gate of the Finger print section at Alagbon, Lagos, some police guys will start to canvass you to assist you get it done. But if you have obtained a contact there, you could ahead make to make an appointment with the person and not spend time waiting in case they go out.

Thank you for the response. I have no prior contact. So I will just walk in. What docs should I hold going there? Can I do on behalf of my spouse too? If yes, what should I hold if I am going there? Any idea of the price range?

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.