Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1505605 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 15, 2017
barondmoni:
Hello house good morning i intend relocating to Canada next year by God Grace...please house i want to know the type of skilled work i need to learn b4 moving....what type of visa am i to go with? Cost of living there....minimum PTA to go with.tnx

All the information you need is on page 0 of this thread.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Canadianfly: 10:37am On Sep 15, 2017
Wura27:
Note what I wrote in the last line.

Also note that the question he was asking was HAVE YOU EVER BEEN REFUSED ENTRY so don't get things mixed up

This is a public forum and different people have varied opinions on matters. Others shared their experience and I also shared mine.

I would not advise my application as a model benchmark but that in no way stops me from stating my opinion or stating what I did.

Furthermore, he has since updated us on what he's going to do so your opinion on the matter is late.

Different peeps with different risk appetites. lol

I don't understand what you are saying or trying to say, however my response to your original post was correcting where you wrote "the fact you have a valid US visa supersedes your previous US visa denial"

I was stating that it's a very incorrect information, so people don't go thinking they can withhold a visa denial just because they have since been granted subsequent visas.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ITABABE: 10:41am On Sep 15, 2017
Congrats to all who got pprs in the past few days. Biko am I the only May AOR left sad
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 15, 2017
tonyik:
Someone please help with below request.

My CRS can't go beyond 424 if I and my spouse ace IELTS. However, if i can add TEF i will be good to go, I can speak french but writing is my challenge. Please help.

You can contact @Nogen (maybe she can share tips that will help you pass the exam).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 10:57am On Sep 15, 2017
rossferno:

I have about 80% of my POF in a money market account specifically ARM asset management for the past 4 months. I am confused whether to withdraw the money and keep in my personal bank account in preparation for ITA. I really don't want to write LOE for POF since I have the money already though in a non-traditional fixed deposit.

I had done IELTS with a decent score, but Lautech had left me hanging for ECA due to strike. Now that strike is over I want my POF to be well matured by the time I complete the ECA process, which put me on CRS score of 437, which I believe is competitive enough to get ITA. I know fixed deposit is very tenable but no sure of money market fund.

Thanks

You should be fine with your POF in money market since it is easily accessible. A few people here (to be modest) have used it successfully as POF though I can't recall their monikers now. Just get a reference letter from ARM. All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by rossferno: 11:13am On Sep 15, 2017
Thank you all for you responses. Have better clarity on the subject now. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by deeore: 11:30am On Sep 15, 2017
@Abby2017...I dey o, Amen to that prayer o, cant wait, I swear. Background status is still on "not applicable" and documents part says they don't need additional docs o. i emailed them to know visa office, it says its still at cio and yet to go to a lvo. May God see us all through.

Abby2017:
@deeore how far? What stage is your application in now? Waiting to see your name in the next set PPR rain grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by codeworks(m): 11:40am On Sep 15, 2017
What is the different between Academic IELTS and General Training IELTS?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yomalicious(f): 11:42am On Sep 15, 2017
Feygbe:

Hi. For the US PCC you will send your application to FBI. You can go to FBI identity history summary webpage and look up police staterooms in your area, where you go to get the finger prints done. It costs $5 for a card. You can submit up to five if you wish. Then you submit that with your application to FBI. The details will be on the website.

The important thing is when do you plan to leave the US? The FBI report takes 10-12 weeks from date of delivery at their facility. As long as you are back in Nigeria by the time FBI completes the report that is fine.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by AquaPetals(f): 12:15pm On Sep 15, 2017
Good day pple,
Plz i need clarification on this adaptability issue....
If I'm to immigrate alone and do not have any work experience in canada and no relation, do i still get point?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abby2017: 12:20pm On Sep 15, 2017
It is well. All I see is positivity at bolded.
All the best

deeore:
@Abby2017...I dey o, Amen to that prayer o, cant wait, I swear. Background status is still on "not applicable" and documents part says they don't need additional docs o. i emailed them to know visa office, it says its still at cio and yet to go to a lvo. May God see us all through.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 15, 2017
AquaPetals:
Good day pple,
Plz i need clarification on this adaptability issue....
If I'm to immigrate alone and do not have any work experience in canada and no relation, do i still get point?

No.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by dammysanmi(m): 12:25pm On Sep 15, 2017
The former for educational/school purposes ONLY and the latter for immigration/employment purposes ONLY!

codeworks:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 15, 2017
codeworks:
The difference.. Www.google.com

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 15, 2017
Like I said earlier, that is MY take on it and that was MY decision so quit over analyzing my post Madam.

Let everyone do what they feel is right.

Wish everyone the very best, God will see us through

Canadianfly:

I don't understand what you are saying or trying to say, however my response to your original post was correcting where you wrote "the fact you have a valid US visa supersedes your previous US visa denial"

I was stating that it's a very incorrect information, so people don't go thinking they can withhold a visa denial just because they have since been granted subsequent visas.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 12:45pm On Sep 15, 2017
For the purpose of immigration

Academic IELTS = Max of 0 points
General IELTS = Max of 24 Points

Hope this helps grin

codeworks:

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by codeworks(m): 12:55pm On Sep 15, 2017
smslive2:

Hope this helps grin

Lol. I now get it.

Wish I can interact with someone who is also looking for job in Canada so that we share ideas

Although I applied for visitor/tourist visa since 23 June 2017 but not yet out.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 15, 2017
Annoying response but so funny grin grin grin grin

elfmann:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by zaragirl: 1:07pm On Sep 15, 2017
Got my approval mail just now...

Expecting my passport.

Hippie!

31 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tollu: 1:13pm On Sep 15, 2017
zaragirl:

Expecting my passport.

Hippie!

Yay! Congratulations Zaragirl smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ezikeikenna1: 1:29pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hello house.

Please I really need help. I have created EE profile and had my MSC in Canada but the system doesn't give me any score for Canadian education. I even had to delete my profile and create another but the problem continues..What could the problem be? Is there any way to enter it so I can get points for it!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 15, 2017
zaragirl:

Expecting my passport.

Hippie!

Congratulations!!! smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 1:40pm On Sep 15, 2017
Congratulations

Please share your timeline

zaragirl:

Expecting my passport.

Hippie!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Rothman: 1:42pm On Sep 15, 2017
elfmann:

Exactly.... TBH there are some questions which shouldn't be asked at all.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Rothman: 1:45pm On Sep 15, 2017
zaragirl:

Expecting my passport.

Hippie!
Congratulations Zaragirl
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by threadstone(m): 1:49pm On Sep 15, 2017
codeworks:

Academic is for University admission, while General training (Competency in English) is for Immigration Purposes.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 2:01pm On Sep 15, 2017
smslive2:

Hope this helps grin

una no go kill person with laf.. max of 0 points grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tonyik: 2:04pm On Sep 15, 2017
Ok thanks, Will do that now.
GlitteringStar:

You can contact @Nogen (maybe she can share tips that will help you pass the exam).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Canadianfly: 2:05pm On Sep 15, 2017
Wura27:
Like I said earlier, that is MY take on it and that was MY decision so quit over analyzing my post Madam.

Let everyone do what they feel is right.

Wish everyone the very best, God will see us through

Lol @ over analyzing your posts. Funny.

Your take was wrong, that's all. We are all here to learn, there's no need to feel extra special. I too have been learning on here, and would probably learn from you as I get on in this process.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by veleta: 2:06pm On Sep 15, 2017
@Yewwygrateful,Deore,Yooku,MrsBee et al,just got off the phone now with CIC agent and she confirmed that
his file has been transferred to London, Uk.His document status changed 2 days ago to "We do not need additional documents and Background check " NA'.
God will see us all through.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Canadianfly: 2:08pm On Sep 15, 2017
zaragirl:

Expecting my passport.

Hippie!

Are you Zaraman's wife? grin

Congratulations.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by codeworks(m): 2:17pm On Sep 15, 2017
threadstone:

Academic is for University admission, while General training (Competency in English) is for Immigration Purposes.

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.