Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,937 members, 7,806,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1505182 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by temydee1: 12:10pm On Sep 19, 2017
Pls can you send me a sample of the spouse consent letter
ote author=40manlappy post=59965368]

In my opinion, the 3rd option appears to be more reasonable. Even though your VO may not make your POF an issue, it may be prudent to raise a CSE just to be on the safe side.

Response time to CSE varies, so you don't have to worry since you just sent it last week. Cheers![/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 12:16pm On Sep 19, 2017
enocoded4life:
Hello everyone, I have been following this thread for sometime now and have really learnt alot. I would like to hear your thoughts on mine and hubby's profile and the best route to take to increase our chances.
My profile :
Degree: BSc & MSc in Anatomy
ECA: ongoing with WES
IELTS: RSLW 9, 7.5, 7.5, 6.5
Please do you think I should rewrite the IELTS or apply for a remark of the writing? This is the lowest I have ever scored in writing. My previous scores were 8 in academic writing and general.

Spouse's profile :
Degree: RN & BSc Nursing
IELTS: RSLW 6, 7, 5.5, 7

I plan to be principal applicant and want to try the Nova Scotia PNP. Please gurus in the house advice. Thanks

u don't need pnp.... Rewrite ur ielts nd do EE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by enocoded4life(f): 12:17pm On Sep 19, 2017
Algbenguze:

Please see my modified post earlier.
Yes thanks just noticed it now. Hubby's RN and BNSc are already being evaluated by WES it's stated in his profile that his report will be ready October 5th. My own evaluation process is being delayed cos of NASU strike in uniport but by God grace I believe it will speed up soon. And I have decided to rewrite the IELTS again, was actually disappointed with this last result as this has been my lowest score do far. Thanks so much for your time. God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by codeworks(m): 12:19pm On Sep 19, 2017
I want to apply for ECA through WES. Am submitting b.tech degree, which option should I select, higher education?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by enocoded4life(f): 12:21pm On Sep 19, 2017
Hephgirl:
u don't need pnp.... Rewrite ur ielts nd do EE

Thanks for your reply, I really didn't understand this simple fact. This forum really has a wealth of information.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 12:23pm On Sep 19, 2017
enocoded4life:

Thanks for your reply, I really didn't understand this simple fact. This forum really has a wealth of information.

If ur husband can retake even better.

Aim to score LSWR 8777.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 12:35pm On Sep 19, 2017
enocoded4life:
Hello everyone, I have been following this thread for sometime now and have really learnt alot. I would like to hear your thoughts on mine and hubby's profile and the best route to take to increase our chances.
My profile :
Degree: BSc & MSc in Anatomy
ECA: ongoing with WES
IELTS: RSLW 9, 7.5, 7.5, 6.5
Please do you think I should rewrite the IELTS or apply for a remark of the writing? This is the lowest I have ever scored in writing. My previous scores were 8 in academic writing and general.

You absolutely have no business thinking about a provincial nomination. If you get better scores in your writing (7)and listening (cool you will get about 447 points if your spouse decides to assess his BSC. If he doesn't assess his BSC, you'll get 439. With both scores, you're almost 100% sure of getting direct ITA, so why will you want to consider provincial nomination?

Please either you ask for a remark of your IELTS or write another one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by temydee1: 12:46pm On Sep 19, 2017
temydee1:
Pls can you send me a sample of a spouse consent letter for my proof of funds.

Also do i need to upload the physical bank statement of my husband.

Can someone pls respond
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by enocoded4life(f): 12:47pm On Sep 19, 2017
yimiton:

You absolutely have no business thinking about a provincial nomination. I wrongly thought I needed it, but now I know better. If you get better scores in your writing (7)and listening (cool you will get about 447 points if your spouse decides to assess his BSC He is assessing both RN and bsc, his report would be out soon. If he doesn't assess his BSC, you'll get 439. With both scores, you're almost 100% sure of getting direct ITA, so why will you want to consider provincial nomination? Now I know better.

Please either you ask for a remark of your IELTS or write another one. I will rewrite the IELTS.

Thanks for you reply. I really appreciate it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Fameli: 1:08pm On Sep 19, 2017
Hello Please educate me: what did you use as POF? my uncle is willing to gift me the money but close to my submission date

[quote author=ddu post=60528450][/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 19, 2017
Kindly help out for those that have gotten PPR..:my bos has a family of 6 and has about 6million in pensions and 5.5million in savings,pls is he good to go or he cant use d 6m in pensions as POF

Thank you all for ure response...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 1:18pm On Sep 19, 2017
I believe he can only access 25% of his pension since he is still in active service.

hotD:
Kindly help out for those that have gotten PPR..:my bos has a family of 6 and has about 6million in pensions and 5.5million in savings,pls is he good to go or he cant use d 6m in pensions as POF

Thank you all for ure response...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DereI(f): 1:19pm On Sep 19, 2017
codeworks:

Am preparing for IELTS but am yet to register. Am in Port Harcourt. Any whatapp group? let me know

Yes there is actually. PM me

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Virt: 1:57pm On Sep 19, 2017
Please do we include old passports with stamps and visas or only valid passports. My spouse's valid passport has no stamps but the old passport has visas and stamps.

Thanks for your response in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by temydee1: 2:17pm On Sep 19, 2017
Can someone please send me a sample of a consent letter indicating spouse consent for me to access his funds.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 2:30pm On Sep 19, 2017
Virt:
Please do we include old passports with stamps and visas or only valid passports. My spouse's valid passport has no stamps but the old passport has visas and stamps.

Only the current passport is needed. They have their ways of verifying any other info they want about your travel history.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by temydee1: 2:33pm On Sep 19, 2017
Can someone please send me a sample of a consent letter indicating spouse consent for me to access his funds.

Need it for my proof of funds
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by shezpwiti(f): 2:35pm On Sep 19, 2017
Pls I'm new to this trend and I desire to go to Canada via the express entry. Is there a way anyone can assist or put me tru?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 2:36pm On Sep 19, 2017
I dont think you need any special letter of consent like that. Just get your spouse to write a letter stating that he is giving his consent for you to have access to the funds. He will then give the account details etc and sign.
You can also get him to attach maybe a copy of his passport just to verify his signature.

temydee1:

Need it for my proof of funds

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by linuslynx: 2:49pm On Sep 19, 2017
[color=#006600][/color]I'd advice you read up from page 0 you would get valuable info on this thread and ask questions on grey areas you may not understand. I am sure folks here would gladly respond.

Pls I'm new to this trend and I desire to go to Canada via the express entry. Is there a way anyone can assist or put me tru?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 3:00pm On Sep 19, 2017
pampem:

still Ip1. Relax, you will get medical passed very soon.

Spot on! Got Medicals passed now!!! yippee grin

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 3:04pm On Sep 19, 2017
@pampem, i see a notification that you emailed but I didn't get anything. I changed my email address, could that be the problem?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Raconteur14(m): 3:04pm On Sep 19, 2017
Algbenguze:
LONG POST ALERT!

From my observation, CRS cut-offs are usually determined mainly by the draw size and then interval btwn draws and to a lesser extent the number of candidates in the EE pool.
The reason the cut off recently didn't really drop as anticipated, even when we had up to 3 draws in August, was because of the relatively smaller draw sizes. The closer draw intervals were offset by the decrease in sizes.
Let's see some figures:
The last 4 (Aug-Sept) draw sizes were 3264, 2991, 3035 & 2772 (twice below 3k) ITAs with CRS of 441, 433, 434 and 435 respectively.
Now compare that with April draw sizes of 3753, 3923 and 3665 with CRS of 431, 423 & 415 respectively.
Let's see also May with similar draw sizes of 3796, 3687 & 3877 with CRS of 423, 415 & 413 respectively.
Another factor is that the number of EE pool candidates has increased from an average of 50k in Apr-May to abt 58k averagely nowadays- more competition. Now you see why cut-off no gree drop further ba?

My prediction: If CIC's reason for reducing draw sizes is because they are getting closer to their 2017 quota, then CRS may hover around the 430-445 range a little longer. But If that's not the case, then maybe (I hope) they will still increase their draw sizes again this year which will force down the CRS cut-offs below that range.
The good news is that even if their 2017 targets are almost already realized, their 2018 immigration targets are quite high. In order to achieve that, they will have to resume the large draw sizes again next year in order to meet up and consequently lower CRS cut-off.
So guys, let's keep our fingers crossed and hope they are still far from their 2017 targets make we get our ITAs first before they wind up for the year as guys don taya for this zone. Lol.
Sorry about the long post, just thought I should do a little analysis.
Cheers.

The post isn't even that long. You don't know how many people you have given hope by this analysis. We pray they increase their draw sizes while the draws are closer. We await one of such tomorrow.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by culdalex(m): 3:09pm On Sep 19, 2017
Dear e-family...
Please I need clarification... is it true that your POF will be verified at the port of entry...if yes... those it mean you must travel with the physical cash of 12,300 CAD?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 3:14pm On Sep 19, 2017
gogedda:
Please i am still waiting for the answer to my questions.. Thanks all

cc: Bimpsy99

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ehrnie: 3:15pm On Sep 19, 2017
Virt:

Hi - my advise: If the valid passport has no stamps on it and your spouse has travel history with relating stamps on the old passport, I will advise you scan pages of the old passport and submit that too. You only need pages that have visa markings and stamps.

This is what I would do ......better safe than sorry.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 3:17pm On Sep 19, 2017
adaifx:
I have already paid for my Wes also submitted my certificate though my school is yet to forward my transcript. I just got to know about the ICAN plus BSc thing can I still send my ican certificate?

When did you complete your final exams? Under which syllabus? That may give us some insight.

cc: Oreoluwa08

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ehrnie: 3:17pm On Sep 19, 2017
Algbenguze:

Only the current passport is needed. They have their ways of verifying any other info they want about your travel history.
Why wait for them to verify when you can scan the pages and include it? I believe we should do all we can to make the application process smoother and faster. It helps you & helps the VO get his/her job done faster and sleeker.

My thoughts....

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 3:18pm On Sep 19, 2017
culdalex:
Dear e-family...
Please I need clarification... is it true that your POF will be verified at the port of entry...if yes... those it mean you must travel with the physical cash of 12,300 CAD?

Yes you MAY be asked to show proof of your settlement funds. You don't have to have it all on you but will need to prove that you have access to them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 3:22pm On Sep 19, 2017
funshobabs:
No one is predicting if there's a draw coming
All those sitting on 430 and above, brace up cause you are about to get the silver mail. grin

Is there anything like "system maintenance" on CIC's website currently? If so, the possibility of a draw tomorrow is high smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by seakomol: 3:25pm On Sep 19, 2017
Good Afternoon,

Please i just got my FBI character report in the post. can i send it immediately or am i to wait for CIC to request for it?

A 'lil background:
I have submitted my other documents and used a LOE to inform that i was still processing my FBI PCC.
I passed my medicals since the 6th of August, 2017. I however have not heard back from CIC.

What link do i use to raise a CSE?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by culdalex(m): 3:28pm On Sep 19, 2017
Tnks for your prompt response Algbenguze...
What sort of access to funds would you propose.

Algbenguze:

Yes you MAY be asked to show proof of your settlement funds. You don't have to have it all on you but will need to prove that you have access to them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.