Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,457 members, 7,808,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1505941 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mmrius(m): 4:21pm On Aug 22, 2017
Thanks guys for the great work here. This is by far the best thread I have spent days reading on Nairaland. I tried reading through the part 1 of the thread but got exhausted after 3 days, but part 2 has brought me up to speed with the do's and don'ts of applying for the express entry/ federal skilled workers program.

My question is, what is the best option for a family of 5, Husband, wife, 1st child 9 years, 2nd child 2 years and last child 7 months old.

Husband > B.Sc. Psychology, entreprenuer with a registered company since 2013. Stopped running business account since 2014, now use my personal account. Age: 33

Wife > B.Sc. Social Works, Businesswoman (Mostly sells women clothes). Age: 28

I initially planned applying as an international student for my M.Sc, but this will mean I will have to travel alone. But I will prefer my family travels with me, so do we stand a better chance applying as Provincial Nominee, or Federal Skilled Worker?

Please your wise advise will kickstart our journey to Canada.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ymummy234: 4:23pm On Aug 22, 2017
so my first ADR was travel history for me and my spouse.

The second ADR was for a specific period - where my job in lagos coincided with my distant learning with school in London - had to clarify that by sending like a semi - LOE - I had to explain that it was distant learning - even though all these information were already in the initial LOE submitted as well as indication that it was by "correspondence" guess the VO wanted clarification

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 4:31pm On Aug 22, 2017
mmrius:
Thanks guys for the great work here. This is by far the best thread I have spent days reading on Nairaland. I tried reading through the part 1 of the thread but got exhausted after 3 days, but part 2 has brought me up to speed with the do's and don'ts of applying for the express entry/ federal skilled workers program.

My question is, what is the best option for a family of 5, Husband, wife, 1st child 9 years, 2nd child 2 years and last child 7 months old.

Husband > B.Sc. Psychology, entreprenuer with a registered company since 2013. Stopped running business account since 2014, now use my personal account.

Wife > B.Sc. Social Works, Businesswoman (Mostly sells women clothes)

I initially planned applying as an international student for my M.Sc, but this will mean I will have to travel alone. But I will prefer my family travels with me, so do we stand a better chance applying as Provincial Nominee, or Federal Skilled Worker?

Thanks

What's ur age and do u have any office work experience

Yes, u can apply thru either depends on ur total score after calculating
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DereI(f): 4:34pm On Aug 22, 2017
ymummy234:
so my first ADR was travel history for me and my spouse.

The second ADR was for a specific period - where my job in lagos coincided with my distant learning with school in London - had to clarify that by sending like a semi - LOE - I had to explain that it was distant learning - even though all these information were already in the initial LOE submitted as well as indication that it was by "correspondence" guess the VO wanted clarification

Wow, i've learnt something from this post.

Noted

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 4:35pm On Aug 22, 2017
Are you saying we do not need to explain the source of the funds in our T.bills for example? I T.bills of just about 2 months, don't I need to explain where I got the money from for the T.bills?

Ballerz:
Good News Fellas.
I woke up this morning to see her message
My cousin/client just gave me the good news. "Submit your Passport"
Start to finish was about 45 days.

On the POF, guys try reduce all the plenty stories (via LOE) you give the VO. I guess they make them to start querying what they should not query. I remember last two/three weeks when she came running that they said she should submit another POF within 7 days.
I told her relax. no big deal. Resubmit the old one (To show consistency) and submit a new statement.
She had returned the 2m we credited her to augment her statement, so I simply sent her another 1m to increase the threshold back to to the required level. (And yes, I specifically told her, she doesn't need any letter of explanation. And true to my words, no questions asked.

Cheers Guys
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 4:36pm On Aug 22, 2017
mmrius:

Husband > B.Sc. Psychology, entreprenuer with a registered company since 2013. Stopped running business account since 2014, now use my personal account.

Wife > B.Sc. Social Works, Businesswoman (Mostly sells women clothes)

Thanks

Both FSW and PNP are good options but the latter should be the last resort because it's more stressful. There are also families of 5 on this thread who have got their PR visa.
My advice: You both should do IELTS and evaluate your degrees with WES, IQAS etc. Try aiming for score LRSW 8777 minimum in IELTS to stand a good chance.
Being self employed is also not a problem, you'll just need to provide some of your company documents as proof.
You will also be looking at $26k as proof of funds.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DereI(f): 4:38pm On Aug 22, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

MummyJayGirls, i always look forward to reading your posts, comments, advice, suggestions, contributions and even the stylish yabbings you lash out to some people...lol.

I just want to say, I'm grateful to God for people like you in this thread and your approval will not be the last of God's sufficient grace in your life. It is just the beginning of greater things to come.

Kudos MummyJayGirls

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mmrius(m): 4:46pm On Aug 22, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

I am 33 years and wife is 28.

Only office experience I had was working in church as the church office Administrator for 2 years and that was about 9 years ago.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by titigafar(m): 4:48pm On Aug 22, 2017
Good Evening, I feel like the happiest man on earth when I discovered this trend and I have seriously been following.

I need some advise on who should be the lead applicant between me and my wife.

I have a degree but will be rounding up with my MBA by October with over 5 years working experience as a marketing executive in the banking sector.

My wife has a master's degree in Horticulture and Landscaping with no formal job experience.

I don't have any family member resident in Canada while she has her uncle living in Canada.

We are both planning to write the IELTS exam together by October.

My age is 34 while she is just 25 years old.

Kindly advise on who should be the lead applicant for us to earn more CRS score.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 4:57pm On Aug 22, 2017
Congrats!

We can't wait for the story. Please remember to come back with it.

Remxyj:
Just a quick one house..... I just got my PPr mail.
Coming back to encourage someone with story. Because the discrepancies on my application is too huge and I didn't write a single letter of explanation and my Father did it just like that.... July Aor
Brb....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 4:58pm On Aug 22, 2017
Yes, you can.
sunvick:
Please ohh my people,
Just to be double sure!!! Can I use the online WES result for ITA application? given that i dont have that CAD$78 to pay for international post?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sunvick(m): 4:59pm On Aug 22, 2017
Thanks bro.
problem solved.

A14:

Yes you can. That's what I used
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mmrius(m): 4:59pm On Aug 22, 2017
Algbenguze:

Both FSW and PNP are good options but the latter should be the last resort because it's more stressful. There are also families of 5 on this thread who have got their PR visa.
My advice: You both should do IELTS and evaluate your degrees with WES, IQAS etc. Try aiming for score LRSW 8777 minimum in IELTS to stand a good chance.
Being self employed is also not a problem, you'll just need to provide some of your company documents as proof.
You will also be looking at $26k as proof of funds.
Cheers.

We will surely work on scoring high points in the IELTS test. The proof of funds is covered.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 5:04pm On Aug 22, 2017
titigafar:
Good Evening, I feel like the happiest man on earth when I discovered this trend and I have seriously been following.

I need some advise on who should be the lead applicant between me and my wife.

I have a degree but will be rounding up with my MBA by October with over 5 years working experience as a marketing executive in the banking sector.

My wife has a master's degree in Horticulture and Landscaping with no formal job experience.

I don't have any family member resident in Canada while she has her uncle living in Canada.

We are both planning to write the IELTS exam together by October.

My age is 34 while she is just 25 years old.

Kindly advise on who should be the lead applicant for us to earn more CRS score.

Regards.

If not for work experience, your wife would have been in best position to be the principal applicant. But as things are, I suggest you wait to complete your masters and apply as the principal applicant. Notwithstanding, both of you should evaluate your masters and sit the IELTS and aim for minimum band 8777 in LRSW.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by capiti: 5:10pm On Aug 22, 2017
Have you checked NOC 6314?

lovetree:
Hello house. How is everyone doing. May our dreams come true. Please I need your experienced input on this. My husband and I are planning to apply for FSW but we don't know who the principal applicant should be. We both plan to write IELTS and have our WES evaluation .We both have a B.Sc as our highest qualification, He studied Electrical Engineering and works in that line with over 5 years working experience. I studied Microbiology but work as a customer service rep with 3 years working experience in one of the telecom companies. I'll be 30 next year and my husband will be 37. I'm thinking of applying since I can get more points with my age but I'm worried my NOC will affect our points. His own line of work is in NOC B while my own is not even considered for FSW as I cant find it under NOC A,B or O for FSW. Thank you for your anticipated responses.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by miminice: 5:10pm On Aug 22, 2017
Good day guys,

I would be submitting my application in a few weeks, however, I reside here in Nigeria, while my dependent son is abroad in school.
My questions are:

1) Since we both reside in different locations, I hope it won't pose any problem?
2) My son is 19 and presently not an approved dependent (but will be at the end of October) is it ideal to acquire and submit all his required documents (e.g Police Check and Medicals)?

Please, I need the input of the Gurus on this matter.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 5:16pm On Aug 22, 2017
Guys, please I have a question regarding POF and the need for LOE.

1. About half the PoF is from the money I saved up in my office's cooperative society. I used the money to buy T.bills and the T.bills is about 2 months old now.

2. I have a letter from my bank in the CiC format. The letter mentions my T.bills and the dom account, which has the other half of the money.

3. I did a detailed LOE attaching my payslips to show that the money was deducted from my salary monthly and my statement of account to show that the Cooperative society paid the money into my account.

My question is, do I really need to explain the T.bills money with all these supporting documents? Is it advisable to discard the LOE and simply attach the Bank's letter and the T.bills certificate?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sunvick(m): 5:17pm On Aug 22, 2017
Thanks Yimi.

yimiton:
Congrats!

We can't wait for the story. Please remember to come back with it.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Toy002: 5:31pm On Aug 22, 2017
Congrats to all PPR recipients- ymummy234,remyxcj,triv... the good news is encouraging. I wish everyone of us @ different stages Godspeed.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 5:45pm On Aug 22, 2017
mmrius:

I am 33 years and wife is 28.

Only office experience I had was working in church as the church office Administrator for 2 years and that was about 9 years ago.

If you can get a reference letter for the Church office administrator job, it's okay since it falls under NOC 0 and it's within last 10 years. That way, ur self employment experience would not need to be corroborated with company documents. The only issue is that you won't have max points for work experience but it may still be good enough if all other factors are on point.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DatechMan(m): 6:00pm On Aug 22, 2017
yimiton:
Guys, please I have a question regarding POF and the need for LOE.

1. About half the PoF is from the money I saved up in my office's cooperative society. I used the money to buy T.bills and the T.bills is about 2 months old now.

2. I have a letter from my bank in the CiC format. The letter mentions my T.bills and the dom account, which has the other half of the money.

3. I did a detailed LOE attaching my payslips to show that the money was deducted from my salary monthly and my statement of account to show that the Cooperative society paid the money into my account.

My question is, do I really need to explain the T.bills money with all these supporting documents? Is it advisable to discard the LOE and simply attach the Bank's letter and the T.bills certificate?

If I were you, I would save myself the headache of having to explain how I got money for the T-bills from source A and B and C. If your salary account looks good and it is not illogical to have that kind of money, save yourself the stress.
Explaining that you got money from a thrift(cooperative) doesn't sit well with me. Keep it simple my brother. If you feel you need to explain how you got all the money, keep it simple

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dotcman: 6:01pm On Aug 22, 2017
Hello house, please I need help, I paid for ielts since 17th of August and it has not been confirmed instead my brothers own was confirmed because our name is alike and he hasn't paid and now my exam has been cancelled. I called severally their number keeps bouncing back, I emailed no response.

Please I need a contact or any suggestion.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mmrius(m): 6:02pm On Aug 22, 2017
How true is it that one's application can be denied if he or she does not have travel experience?

How many countries does one need to travel to, before they can be considered to have travel experience?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by deeore: 6:04pm On Aug 22, 2017
Tanx @sleekysilk
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 6:08pm On Aug 22, 2017
mmrius:
How true is it that one's application can be denied if he or she does not have travel experience?

How many countries does one need to travel to, before they can be considered to have travel experience?
Story. Millions of people hadn't even stepped into a plane before they got PPR grin

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DatechMan(m): 6:11pm On Aug 22, 2017
mmrius:

I laughed hard when I saw this. I nearly sht my pants. It is not true.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mmrius(m): 6:12pm On Aug 22, 2017
cochtrane:

Story. Millions of people hadn't even stepped into a plane before they got PPR grin

That is a huge relief. Good to know it does not apply to everyone.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 6:12pm On Aug 22, 2017
mmrius:

Lol. In fact, the reverse is the case in this matter. We've seen that those with plenty travel history are the ones with relatively slower processing times while those who hadn't even been to any airport scale through without any ish.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DatechMan(m): 6:13pm On Aug 22, 2017
Dotcman:
Hello house, please I need help, I paid for ielts since 17th of August and it has not been confirmed instead my brothers own was confirmed because our name is alike and he hasn't paid and now my exam has been cancelled. I called severally their number keeps bouncing back, I emailed no response.

Please I need a contact or any suggestion.

Thank you

Explain your situation

exams.nigeria@ng.britishcouncil.org

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dotcman: 6:14pm On Aug 22, 2017
mmrius:

Very false
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by linuslynx: 6:15pm On Aug 22, 2017
Hello guys, congrats to all new PPR recipients. I have just two questions for now because I'm begining to have doubts even though my ECA and IELTS is in progress.

1. Does someone who has been denied UK Visa thrice stand a chance to get PPR? and the visa refusals were for funny reasons like large sums paid into account and no clear ties to a friend who sent an invite.

2. For a banker with over 5 years experience in operations having worked in all departments concerned with ops duties, which NOC is advisable because I can't find any suitable under NOC A, B and C. Let it not be after all efforts one won't now find which NOC to fit himself.

Pls assist.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dotcman: 6:15pm On Aug 22, 2017
DatechMan:

Explain your situation

exams.nigeria@ng.britishcouncil.org

I have its 2 days now no response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.