Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,050 members, 7,807,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1505411 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by CAstruggle(m): 5:25am On Oct 02, 2017
Please do I include my spouse educational history in my express entry profile even though i am not claiming points for it?

Kindly advise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 5:45am On Oct 02, 2017
Yooku:

Our Big Data Senior Analyst will query Facebook, Google, Whatsapp, Snapchat, Instagram, Play Store and App Store to come out with Ivie's ID!!

@einsteino
Hahaha
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 5:47am On Oct 02, 2017
CAstruggle:
Please do I include my spouse educational history in my express entry profile even though i am not claiming points for it?

Kindly advise.
As you are not claiming points for it, I don't think there's any reason to. But you should also be able to include it, while stating there's no ECA for it, in which case you still don't get any points.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 5:52am On Oct 02, 2017
phemmyB:
Good evening house.. I am new in dis platform. I want to know if I can use my OND certificate alongside my Bsc to gain more points. Pls is OND allowed or acceptable

Yes you can. Make sure to send your OND and BSc to WES for evaluation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:06am On Oct 02, 2017
belushi7:

If the spouse has work experience and can obtain reference for it, why not a "YES"?
It doesn't count if a spouse's work experience is from abroad. It must be from Canada, to be counted, so move it to personal history on eAPR. So accompanying spouse has only IELTS GT and ECA to contribute migration points. These are even optional.. It depends on the PA projected or real CRS wrt threshold cut-off points.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ugoiyke79e: 6:18am On Oct 02, 2017
belushi7:

If the spouse has work experience and can obtain reference for it, why not a "YES"?

There is nothing wrong with ticking a "yes" and providing your spouses reference.
people just go with a "no" to avoid d hassle of getting a reference frm an employer who may not be forthcoming.

I ticked a "yes" for my hubbys job experience and had a job reference placeholder in d post ITA form which I uploaded a cic-format reference for my spouse.
That reference however,added no points to my CRS and at best, may have been used to figure out my hubbys financial standing as he transfered more than 80% of our POF post ITA to me..( i.e his stated salary/duration of employment may have given d VO some form of evidence)
N.B --just my thot and no proof.

Cheers

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by uptown17: 8:34am On Oct 02, 2017
Oreoluwa08:

Hello,
The new syllabus took effect november 2014, so if your friend qualified may 2014, Wes might not "favour' the evaluation.
Thank you
Thank you Ore
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by belushi7: 8:39am On Oct 02, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

There is nothing wrong with ticking a "yes" and providing your spouses reference.
people just go with a "no" to avoid d hassle of getting a reference frm an employer who may not be forthcoming.

I ticked a "yes" for my hubbys job experience and had a job reference placeholder in d post ITA form which I uploaded a cic-format reference for my spouse.
That reference however,added no points to my CRS and at best, may have been used to figure out my hubbys financial standing as he transfered more than 80% of our POF post ITA to me..( i.e his stated salary/duration of employment may have given d VO some form of evidence)
N.B --just my thot and no proof.

Cheers

Very well said. You just added another point when there is a constant flow of funds from a spouse to another which eventually formed major part of the POF.
Its better left out really if getting reference for the spouse will be tough.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by aobiya(m): 8:44am On Oct 02, 2017
I want to apply for EE with my wife but my wife is pregnant currently.
If we do get approval to apply for PR, and eventually get it after she has delivered, will we b able to move with d baby?

I want to know if there will b a problem after we have been successful. Or better still, d best way to do the application.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 8:44am On Oct 02, 2017
Oreoluwa08:

Hello,
The new syllabus took effect november 2014, so if your friend qualified may 2014, Wes might not "favour' the evaluation.
Thank you

It may "favour" @uptown17.

@Goldenjem: Please, on which syllabus did your madam complete her ICAN?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 02, 2017
[quote author=dombosco post=61012920]

So at @uptown17 I can evaluate a Unilag diploma (1 year) and Unilag bsc (3 years) as two or more certificates ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MRSDA: 8:46am On Oct 02, 2017
belushi7:

Very well said. You just added another point when there is a constant flow of funds from a spouse to another which eventually formed major part of the POF.
Its better left out really if getting reference for the spouse will be tough.

Good morning people...happy holiday!
I'd agree with this. I'm always transferring funds to my husband's account, mainly because i take loans from his credit card but i declared my business as my employment and added evidence for it. At least that will explain transfers from the business account.

Not like i know if that's made a difference though....waiting on CIC to move our application along �
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by aobiya(m): 9:38am On Oct 02, 2017
aobiya:
If we do get approval to apply for PR, and eventually get it after she has delivered, will we b able to move with d baby?

I want to know if there will b a problem after we have been successful. Or better still, d best way to do the application.

@40manlappy please respond
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by folamingo: 9:49am On Oct 02, 2017
ken2sure:

Please how is this question relevant? Besides, financial institution doesn't necessarily have to be a bank! But to satisfy your curiosity,yes,it is a bank!Any relevant response will be appreciated. Thanks.

@bolded, Don't you think I know so!

There's your response below. The reason I wanted you to be specific was for you to get better assistance. Financial Institution is a broad terminology, I hope you get my logic. Don't worry if you are new, you would get used to our sense of humour. grin

40manlappy:

Review NOC 1114 (Other financial officers). Click on "All examples" to see possible related roles.

http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?CLV=4&CPV=1114&CST=01012011&CVD=122376&Function=getVD&MLV=4&TVD=122372

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Scard: 9:50am On Oct 02, 2017
Good morning everyone,
Please I have few questions to ask.

1) Has anyone evaluated a UNIBEN degree with WES here? How did it go? I already collected a Transcript from the school before, so that angle should not be much of a problem.

2) What is the Tax implication for an accompanying spouse who does not intend to live in Canada, but remain in Nigeria working? Will he or she be liable to paying Tax to the Canadian government from his/her earning from Nigeria?

I would appreciate your kind responses.

Well done to all those keeping this thread alive
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 10:19am On Oct 02, 2017
aobiya:

You can add a newborn during your PR application and even after your application has been approved i.e. PPR. The important thing is to inform them immediately and provide requisite documents.

Don't worry too much about it for now, just go ahead with your application. When you get to the "bridge", you will cross it. Feel free to ask for the specifics here when your baby arrives.

Wish your wife a safe delivery smiley

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dunni1113: 10:26am On Oct 02, 2017
owoola:
Congratulations, I'm thinking PNP route too, does one just enter the EE pool and wait or one has to show interest in PNP somewhere?

U can enter the pool if u have your ielts and ECA. If u r not particular about any province click on all province, Ontario and British Colombia will ask for autority to view your profile click yes for the two. But ontario will only send u NOI if u have 400 and above.. after all said and done u will have to do a lot of home work on all the province to know the one u will go for.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 10:27am On Oct 02, 2017
Scard:
Good morning everyone,

1) Has anyone evaluated a UNIBEN degree with WES here? How did it go? I already collected a Transcript from the school before, so that angle should not be much of a problem.

2) What is the Tax implication for an accompanying spouse who does not intend to live in Canada, but remain in Nigeria working? Will he or she be liable to paying Tax to the Canadian government from his/her earning from Nigeria?

1. Not aware of any issues regarding assessment of UNIBEN degrees. Quite a number of people here have done that successfully with WES.

2. Seems I have read that income earned by PRs abroad are subject to some of taxation but I am not sure. Maybe @Blackbuddy @Gymme can help us here.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DatechMan(m): 10:51am On Oct 02, 2017
Scard:
Good morning everyone,

If she's specified as unaccompanying, I see no reason why she would be taxed. At least she wouldnt have PR status.
I believe the tax is for people with PR Status

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kotansibe(m): 11:00am On Oct 02, 2017
Good morning everyone.
Can someone please enlighten on the Manitoba Provincial Nomination Programme.
What is the difference between the 100 points assessment and the 1000 points scale and which one is applicable for Skilled Workers overseas?
Has anyone gone through this route? Is the 500CAD payment valid?
While I'm thinking of another IELTS as score was not up to 8 for Listening, I'm considering this route too.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 02, 2017
40manlappy:

1. Not aware of any issues regarding assessment of UNIBEN degrees. Quite a number of people here have done that successfully with WES.

2. Seems I have read that income earned by PRs abroad are subject to some of taxation
but I am not sure. Maybe @Blackbuddy @Gymme can help us here.
Not even uncle Sam does that.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by aobiya(m): 11:03am On Oct 02, 2017
Pls which of the WES package is advised to use and why?

Also, do I need to have a hard copy of the report or is the soft copy sufficient?

Tnx

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by aobiya(m): 11:16am On Oct 02, 2017
I have experience in Contract Administration and Project Engineering. Both with minimum of 1yr but I can't seem to locate a corresponding NOC for either.

What's do I do or how best do I match it with NOC?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dunni1113: 11:20am On Oct 02, 2017
Kotansibe:
Good morning everyone.
Can someone please enlighten on the Manitoba Provincial Nomination Programme.
What is the difference between the 100 points assessment and the 1000 points scale and which one is applicable for Skilled Workers overseas?
Has anyone gone through this route? Is the 500CAD payment valid?
While I'm thinking of another IELTS as score was not up to 8 for Listening, I'm considering this route too.
Thanks.

Hello good morning,

Please if u can avoid pnp by re writing ur ielts, pls do. It's a more preferable option. But if u still want to go tru the MPNP route, the 100 scale point is to determine ur eligibility which u must have abt 67, while the 1000 points is used in selecting candidates. But the issue now is that u must have at least over 700 points to be selected.

The good thing abt MPNP is that they make monthly draws but na to meet the 700 be the problem well except u schooled there, have a blood relation or have an employment.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by TTTTTolu: 11:27am On Oct 02, 2017
Hi Guys,

For the dhl sending of passport.. did you pay for the return at once or you send to Ghana and get contacted when it is ready for pickup? before you pay again at dhl for the pickup.

kindly shed some light on this

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 11:28am On Oct 02, 2017
elfmann:

Not even uncle Sam does that.

Canada doesn't do it but Uncle Sam wanna do am die! Why do you think people renounce their US citizenship? Doubke taxation is one of the major reasons.

Read up on FACTA.

Modified: I'm not sure for GC holders though but for citizens, it's a yes.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by codeworks(m): 11:33am On Oct 02, 2017
It seems those who had HND and OND better than those who had 5 years BTECH when access at WES?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by studyexec: 11:40am On Oct 02, 2017
Hello guys,

In the general LOE for eAPR, do we have to provide details such as self introduction, motivation for immigration, what we want to do there, plans to settle, who we know, etc?

This was recommended by someone I spoke to recently, who is based in Canada and does immigration consulting.
I've not read about this here or elsewhere so thought I should ask.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by laborel: 12:04pm On Oct 02, 2017
You pay for sending initially.

Then pay for pick up after your application has been approved and pick up mail received.

Meanwhile, you will have to forward the PUM from AVO with an authorization letter to DHL in order to be able to pick your return parcel. I'm sure you will be properly directed by DHL when you go there to send the passports.

All the best!

TTTTTolu:
Hi Guys,

For the dhl sending of passport.. did you pay for the return at once or you send to Ghana and get contacted when it is ready for pickup? before you pay again at dhl for the pickup.

kindly shed some light on this

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by funshobabs(m): 12:14pm On Oct 02, 2017
The last draw was 433. Not even close to 700.

Dunni1113:

Hello good morning,

Please if u can avoid pnp by re writing ur ielts, pls do. It's a more preferable option. But if u still want to go tru the MPNP route, the 100 scale point is to determine ur eligibility which u must have abt 67, while the 1000 points is used in selecting candidates. But the issue now is that u must have at least over 700 points to be selected.

The good thing abt MPNP is that they make monthly draws but na to meet the 700 be the problem well except u schooled there, have a blood relation or have an employment.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 12:19pm On Oct 02, 2017
funshobabs:
The last draw was 433. Not even close to 700.

Why not read and understand before replying.
He or she was talking about MPNP not the last CIC draw.

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.