Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,407 members, 7,808,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (243) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1505870 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 04, 2017
Hephgirl:
great point... I plan to do same tooo....
You and einsteino no even believe nija go ever up its game.. Chai.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 7:55pm On Oct 04, 2017
ajiifixing:

No reason whatsoever.
It takes about 24 hours max to receive the ITA mail.

Caveat :

I am not 40manlappy o. grin

Thanks mate. I addressed it to 40manlappy because he commented right before I did. Thanks and good luck.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by joblinks1: 8:34pm On Oct 04, 2017
Include only your post secondary qualifications

jossylad86:
Please help!

I'm trying to register my WES profile and I want to know if to include my Secondary School WAEC on the list?

If Yes, I don't seem to find the secondary school in the list of institutions listed.

My highest qualification is an MBA. Profile intended for use for Express Entry.

Kindly advice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Uhomanbulus110(f): 8:37pm On Oct 04, 2017
[is really nice to trallved out of the countryquote author=MummyJaygirls post=59640840]Am I the first to comment? grin[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Onedimple: 8:42pm On Oct 04, 2017
tobey2ng:

Fax statement of results for OND and HND to them.And see what happens afterwards. Basically, if you are the evaluator, you will think in the same way i. e statement /certificate. It contradictory though

Thanks Bro. I got an Attestation from school today to be used in place of certificate. It states my year of admission and graduation with the CGPA. I have faxed it to them again sha.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by primeson1(m): 8:48pm On Oct 04, 2017
Good evening all,

Please I'm getting difficulty in obtaining a work ref letter (6 months) from one of my previous company.

Please what can suffice for a proof of work?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Onedimple: 8:53pm On Oct 04, 2017
Beblessedbaba:
@Onedimple I can confirm to you that WES accept statement of result, notification of result, etc in lieu of certificate in as much as they are genuine. This was confirmed via a phone to WES Canada --- +14169720070 on monday 2nd Oct, 2017. This implies you can use your statement of result...

I did asked them via email too and i got a response that they accepts statement of result. But when i called to ask why they are still awaiting document from me, the guy i spoke with said, the person evaluating might be thinking, since i got certificate for HND, i should be able to get for OND.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by uptown17: 8:56pm On Oct 04, 2017
Fameli:
Please do you have a clear copy of the application form or do you have a link i can download it from? Thanks in advance all the copies they send to me are blurry.

Sorry just seeing this. You still need it?
http://www.nigeriacrb.com/apply_now.htm

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by damilola1978: 8:57pm On Oct 04, 2017
Please I need advise here,zenith bank charging me 2100 for reference letter and 2500 for letter of non-indebtedness...who has gotten letter from zenith bank before??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Fameli: 9:03pm On Oct 04, 2017
thanks

uptown17:

Sorry just seeing this. You still need it?
http://www.nigeriacrb.com/apply_now.htm
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Fameli: 9:09pm On Oct 04, 2017
thanks

closetextrovert:

If you plan to submit in November and the PCC will expire in Oct then you'll need to get a new one.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Fameli: 9:14pm On Oct 04, 2017
Thanks Cannie for the response, this solves all my worries. its the only document i was waiting for from Malaysian embassy in Abuja

Cannie:
Fameli,
As long as th PCC was issued after the last time you were in the country (Malaysia), and you have not visited or plan to visit (cumulative 6months afterwards), YOUR PCC is VALID indefinitely.
Th validity of PCC only applies to current country of residence

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by shygunXs(m): 9:14pm On Oct 04, 2017
Dear Ancestors smiley

Please I would like to know how long, end-to-end, this Express Entry takes for Canadian Skilled Workers Program.

Also, I've been to the Republic of Benin in the past, do I need to go there to get the Police clearance as well?

Plenty questions ooo. cheesy

Can I dump my expired passport that I used for the trip to republic of Benin? No other meaningful visa on it. I don't want to stress myself for a clearance from the country since I have a new passport.

I'd be glad to know.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by shygunXs(m): 10:20pm On Oct 04, 2017
DEEAJA:
@Gereal. Pls can you pm ur email because i have a situation similar to yours and i need some clarification from you.

This group has been very inspirational in my Canada Immigration Journey.

A dream that started in April 2016 has finally come to pass.

We indeed serve an awesome God. We decided to start this journey in June 2016 but when we calculated the financial implication coupled with the high CRS then we had to let go of the dream.

But Mercy said NOOOOOOo!!!!!!!

Come 2017 with no idea how we would survive the recession we decided to try getting student visas, at least schooling in Canada would enable us get PNP. The search for schools started. settled on a school only to realize that we had one month left to apply. in our bid to gather documents, we stumbled on Australian Immigration System. we decided to try that, then we realized that they verify work experience and are at liberty to slash it if they are not convinced, i decided to find out the latest concerning Express Entry.

My eyes could not believe it, the required CRS Points had dropped.

We had three choices, School, Australian or Canadian EE. Being an Accountant, i drew up budgets required for all three processes, and submitted to Hubby. We prayed and decided to go for Canadian EE being cheaper and more realistic.

Then we had to start getting funds together and all.

First step was to apply for ECA from WES which we did on the 2nd of March, applied for IELTS and wrote it on the 8th of April.

Results came out April 21, LRSW 8.5, 9, 8, 7. Since WES was delaying hubby registered for IELTS just in case points started rising ( LRSW 8.5, 9, 8, 7.5).

After plenty tweets at WES plus disturbing the school, ECA came out May 29th. We created EE Profile MAY 29 and registered for Job Bank May 30.

ITA came May 31 and then another process began. the race to gather documents and get required funds ready. Finally submitted August 9.

see timeline below:
EE Profile May 30
CRS 441
ITA May 31
AOR Aug 9
MEP Aug 21
IP1 Aug 25
NA2 Aug 28
IP2 Sep 1
PPR Sep 6
NOC 1111
Dependents 4. We serve an awesome God. ��������.

We didn't use hubby IELTS because we didn't get his results till June 1st.
This is to encourage everyone. Do your best and leave the rest for God.

For IELTS, it is English that we have speaking from birth. Ensure you understand the rudiments of the test. focus on tips and practice, practice , practice.
Above all, Trust God.

sorry for the long post, i have dreamed of this day since last year. lol. thanks to @mummyjaygirls, @ dupsyshoo and every wonderful contributor on this forum.

we will get there. Amen

Great. So, this process, from start to finish took how long, ma'am?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by deeore: 10:37pm On Oct 04, 2017
Hi dear... I really dont know when my file moved to london... I think it was first week in September.
As for the pof matter, i attached alot of stuff, my reference letters, my pension ans statement,gift deed, treasury bill advice, fixed deposit advice and statement for two accounts and it was about 50pages combined..lol...i then did loe but i attached the loe to the loe placeholder and not pof placeholder.. I think that was my mistake.
So i guess the vo couldnt deal with too much documents..and did not take out time to check my loe... Hence the request for "a coverpage summarizing balance from all source with account number and date of balance"

Lesson: keep documents as minimal as possible.. Thank God vo was kind enough to ask for summarized coverpage.

MrsBee:

That's progress. Do you remember what date your file moved to London? Was your POF the exact amount required at the time or you had additional funds? Just trying to figure out why you were asked to show POF again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by shygunXs(m): 10:41pm On Oct 04, 2017
Hephgirl:

When the country betrays you, you move on... Move on inside or outside.

You can still be in the country and switch off to its economics and chart Your Own course. Some do so by be being corrupt, some by just launching a start up and doing their stuff going global though still contributing to GDP somehow.

But all in all, Nigeria hasn't tried for her citizens.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ugoiyke79e: 10:54pm On Oct 04, 2017
damilola1978:
Please I need advise here,zenith bank charging me 2100 for reference letter and 2500 for letter of non-indebtedness...who has gotten letter from zenith bank before??

Hi. I used Zenith bank for my POF.
I cant clearly remember if/how much i was charged for reference letter.
I only remember being debited for my account statement.
Also, I only requested a reference letter and was issued their standard reference which didnt even conform to cic pattern... I submitted it alongside a LOE stating that d bank declined giving a reference in d requested format....
I submitted other POF docs but definitely didnt need/include a letter of non indebtedness.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 11:00pm On Oct 04, 2017
einsteino:

Choi! shocked see bad mouth! I pray never to have issue with you lolz. grin you fit give person existential depression
buhahahahhah... I'm a harmless someborry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MostBlessed: 11:09pm On Oct 04, 2017
Hi Damilola 1978,
I used zenith bank for my proof of funds. I was charged 2100 for the reference letter and I believe 100 Naira for each page in my statement of account. I didn't get a separate letter of non- Indebtedness. Good luck with your application.
damilola1978:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dannyko: 11:11pm On Oct 04, 2017
Many thanks!
ajiifixing:

For adults, your birth certificate is not required. Your international passport will suffice.

However, I will suggest you do an affidavit for this and KEEP for future use.

Regards,
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dannyko: 11:15pm On Oct 04, 2017
Thanks a tonne!
Santino1:

You don't need it to submit an Express Entry profile but you might if you get an ITA at a later stage
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dannyko: 11:16pm On Oct 04, 2017
Thanks!
Abby2017:
You don't need your birth certificate AT ALL
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MostBlessed: 11:26pm On Oct 04, 2017
With great joy and deep gratitude to God, I am happy to announce that I have received the PPR mail at last!!
My time line is ;

AOR in February 21st 2017
NA in April 28th 2017
Ip2 on the 29th of September 2017
PPR mail on the 2nd of October 2017

Many Thanks to all elders and members of this forum for their selfless contributions. @Jesusdway, Triv, 40manlappy,dupyshoo, vcole, Salford, esosa 4real.... etc

Guys please on planning... the way further,
What is the best way to convert funds from naira to Canadian dollars and also open an account in canada /transfer the funds into canada.

28 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 11:27pm On Oct 04, 2017
elfmann:

You and einsteino no even believe nija go ever up its game.. Chai.
lol... It's not our fault
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 11:30pm On Oct 04, 2017
Fameli:
I have come again o. HELP!!! I lived in Malaysia for sometime (School) and left there in 2013 i have collected a PCC that will expire this October can i still use it to submit my PR application. i intend to submit in November. Please HELP!!!
therein lies ur answer
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 04, 2017
Good evening everyone. Question for those with ITA and PPR. I was helping someone fill thier ITA toady and when the list for documents came out I noticed that there is no place holder for letter of explanation. Is this a recent development or its a technical mishap
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by balogunsam(m): 2:49am On Oct 05, 2017
@threadstone @senors @jummolami, WES finally got docs on October 3rd and status was changed. Just checked now again and saw status showing this yet ETA is October 24th. Though i strongly believe this will be much faster. Told them via chat to help expedite the process as i had lost a month due to their technical errors.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ITABABE: 3:10am On Oct 05, 2017
MostBlessed:
With great joy and deep gratitude to God, I am happy to announce that I have received the PPR mail at last!!
My time line is ;

AOR in February 21st 2017
NA in April 28th 2017
Ip2 on the 29th of September 2017
PPR mail on the 2nd of October 2017

Many Thanks to all elders and members of this forum for their selfless contributions. @Jesusdway, Triv, 40manlappy,dupyshoo, vcole, Salford, esosa 4real.... etc

Guys please on planning... the way further,
What is the best way to convert funds from naira to Canadian dollars and also open an account in canada /transfer the funds into canada.

wow, congratulations. That's 6 months plus.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 4:53am On Oct 05, 2017
Hamiltondreamer:
Good evening everyone. Question for those with ITA and PPR. I was helping someone fill thier ITA toady and when the list for documents came out I noticed that there is no place holder for letter of explanation. Is this a recent development or its a technical mishap
Try another browser. I've experienced that placeholder come and go like a fluttering butterfly in the Nigerian sun.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 4:57am On Oct 05, 2017
MostBlessed:

Congrats. But this your first line sha...
You should go to the living in Canada thread here. You'll get better advice from seasoned experts there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 5:12am On Oct 05, 2017
shygunXs:

Great. So, this process, from start to finish took how long, ma'am?
"This process", by which I suppose you mean the PR application process, can take anywhere from 19 days to several months (some up to 10). The other process of evaluating your certificates and writing IELTS is in large part in your hands, though influenced by other factors. It has taken some 3 months; others several years.

In the end, it isn't about how long "this process" is. You don't just get the PR handed to you across the counter; you have to work at it. And that could take you some significant time.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 5:26am On Oct 05, 2017
shygunXs:

Also, I've been to the Republic of Benin in the past, do I need to go there to get the Police clearance as well?

Plenty questions ooo.

Can I dump my expired passport that I used for the trip to republic of Benin? No other meaningful visa on it. I don't want to stress myself for a clearance from the country since I have a new passport.

I'd be glad to know.

Thanks in advance.

You are better off getting that PCC and declaring the travel history. There's greater chance you'll hurt your application if you don't.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.