Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1505711 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Jades27: 10:21pm On Oct 17, 2017
BSc even though I have some IT cerifications that I have sent to WES. I dont know home far that will take me.

Hephgirl:
masters?
Ond? Hnd?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Jades27: 10:31pm On Oct 17, 2017
Jades27:
BSc even though I have some IT cerifications that I have sent to WES. I dont know how far that will take me.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kmgb: 10:45pm On Oct 17, 2017
Hello everyone, thanks for the invaluable info on this thread,I only started reading from this part about a week ago and I just crossed pg200,pls I have some pertinent questions, 1.I'm married and spouse is unaccompanying(not interested in relocating)I hope getting a visiting visa (TRV) for him with our status as PR will be a breeze for him?
2.I'm 36yrs,over 10yrs work experience,masters degree,assumption of 8777 for ielts,unaccopanying spouse will do TEF and evaluate his foreign Masters in Architecture,kindly help evaluate my ECA,as I was not able to do this using the CRS tool once I choose unaccompanying spouse.
3.has anyone evaluated Masters in public administration from Unilag,which body did u use WES?
4.I've had work experience at just one place in the last 10yrs(bank) and I know they do not give reference letter in CIC format i.e with job description et all except u resign,I can only get a regular leave reference letter stating my level and department and my gross annual income addressed to the Canadian high commission,pls how can I work with this? Thank u as I anticipate your kind responses while I go back to my reading from pg201

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 17, 2017
MRSDA:
Just so they know....
Glitteringstar and Hephgirl have never talked to me o

#flippingmywaistlengthhairandwalkingaway

kiss kiss May PPR fall on @MRSDA and all other hopefuls. wink kiss

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 11:17pm On Oct 17, 2017
elfmann:
Abeg oh.. Let me ask some questions:
1.Is there any clinic doing medicals on Saturdays? I know Children's Practice has stopped. Abi?
2.For the photo, how much does the Studio 24 collect? Can they give me 4 copies and a digital one?
3. Does Alagbon do PCC on Saturdays?
These are gathering stuff pre-ITA.

1. Yes, no more Saturdays for CP

2. #1500 for hard copy -4copies and another #1500 for soft copy. They'll send to your email. So if na only u single that's 3k. You and madam na 6k plus children just dey add 3, 3k per shyde.

3. I don't think they do PCC on Saturday. But u fit ring inspector Moshood on 08034747802 to confirm

Dazol

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by manlikegb: 11:20pm On Oct 17, 2017
Deebay:

In my own opinion or rather what I did for mine: Employer is the name of my ppa and I go ref letter from the ppa.

@Deebay, I posted this about a week ago and I think you might be able to help answering the post below;

Please is there anyone in the house that claimed work experience points by adding their NYSC year? I have 2 question for y’all.

1. Was their a gap between your NYSC year and the year you started your other job after service year?
2. Was your NYSC NOC thesame or different from your other job NOC?

Why I’m asking is this; for an applicant to have been able to add their NYSC year to their work experience, then there’s a big chance that the 1yr NYSC NOC will be different from the NOC of the job they landed post NYSC year. Except of course if they were retained at their PPA. So if they were able to claim points for the above mentioned, then we can conclude that its possible to combine two NOCs and also possible to use two employers(jobs) to claim the most points one can.

Please contribute seniors in the know, help a member not to make a costly mistake. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 11:23pm On Oct 17, 2017
Kmgb:
Hello everyone, thanks for the invaluable info on this thread,I only started reading from this part about a week ago and I just crossed pg200,pls I have some pertinent questions, 1.I'm married and spouse is unaccompanying(not interested in relocating)I hope getting a visiting visa (TRV) for him with our status as PR will be a breeze for him?
2.I'm 36yrs,over 10yrs work experience,masters degree,assumption of 8777 for ielts,unaccopanying spouse will do TEF and evaluate his foreign Masters in Architecture,kindly help evaluate my ECA,as I was not able to do this using the CRS tool once I choose unaccompanying spouse.
3.has anyone evaluated Masters in public administration from Unilag,which body did u use WES?
4.I've had work experience at just one place in the last 10yrs(bank) and I know they do not give reference letter in CIC format i.e with job description et all except u resign,I can only get a regular leave reference letter stating my level and department and my gross annual income addressed to the Canadian high commission,pls how can I work with this? Thank u as I anticipate your kind responses while I go back to my reading from pg201

Once u select un-accompanying, then u can't rake in scores using his details any longer. You are already being graded as though u are a single/unmarried applicant. So no need wasting money on TEF abi ECA. Only u wan chop all d whole CIC CRS finish? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 17, 2017
sleekysilk:

1. Yes, no more Saturdays for CP

2. #1500 for hard copy -4copies and another #1500 for soft copy. They'll send to your email. So if na only u single that's 3k. You and madam na 6k plus children just dey add 3, 3k per shyde.

3. I don't think they do PCC on Saturday. But u fit ring inspector Moshood on 08034747802 to confirm

Dazol
Thanks. Photo get expiration? They no even get a discount for a couple. Shey one dey Ikoyi area?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:33pm On Oct 17, 2017
sleekysilk:

Once u select un-accompanying, then u can't rake in scores using his details any longer. You are already being graded as though u are a single/unmarried applicant. So no need wasting money on TEF abi ECA. Only u wan chop all d whole CIC CRS finish? shocked
Bwahahahaha.. U wicked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Osemigho: 11:45pm On Oct 17, 2017
Sorry I have been away for long. School had been very tough. PPR email delivered.

FSW-Inland Timeline.

ITA: 7th sept

Application submitted: Sept 19th

Medical passed: 30th sept

NA: Oct 7

Ip2: Oct 13

PPR email: 17th October.

Thanks to those that created Nairaland and those that opened and contribute to this thread, Most especially the Elders of this land that were helpfully one way or another.

My special appreciation goes out to 40manlappy who was answering my questions and concerns.

After failed attempt to get admission for fall 2016, I prayed to be an international student on full scholarship by December 2017 but I didn't know God had a bigger plan. He wanted me to wait a whole year, work and use the experience for PR application.

With tears dropping from my eyes, I say "Thank you lord!". Omo baba elero (son of a pepper grinder) doing all this can only be you.

Tell the son of no man to never give up!

110 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kmgb: 11:48pm On Oct 17, 2017
sleekysilk:

LOL but u remember I would have already stated Married before it gets to the part to choose accompanying or not,so do u mean i cant claim points for an unaccompanying spouse?Thanks for your reply
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 17, 2017
Osemigho:
Sorry I have been away for long. School had been very tough. PPR email delivered.

FSW-Inland Timeline.

Wow!!! Congratulations bro! smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:02am On Oct 18, 2017
Kmgb:

LOL but u remember I would have already stated Married before it gets to the part to choose accompanying or not,so do u mean i cant claim points for an unaccompanying spouse?Thanks for your reply
Have u ever used the tool? If u check unaccompanied , it won't bring the fields for those factors.. I.e TEF and ECA. Use the tool wisely and keep reading.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Geebee5: 12:28am On Oct 18, 2017
Osemigho:

FSW-Inland Timeline.

Thanks to those that created Nairaland and those that opened and contribute to this thread, Most especially the Elders of this land that were helpfully one way or another.

My special appreciation goes out to 40manlappy who was answering my questions and concerns.

After failed attempt to get admission for fall 2016, I prayed to be an international student on full scholarship by December 2017 but I didn't know God had a bigger plan. He wanted me to wait a whole year, work and use the experience for PR application.

With tears dropping from my eyes, I say "Thank you lord!". Omo baba elero (son of a pepper grinder) doing all this can only be you.

Congratulations!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by KINGTELLER: 12:36am On Oct 18, 2017
I am in the same dilemma with the poster above me. I'm married with a child but I dont want them to accompany me for now becos of the huge cost of processing for myself, wife and kid and also raising CAD 15,000 as POF.....

My plan is to apply but include their details as unaccompanied (they wont accompany me in the intial journey) and possibly show PoF of CAD 12,300..... When I get to canny, i will hustle and prepare their joining me

Gurus in the house, How easy is it for spouse and my child to join me later when one gets to Canada?

Cc: kontagious, GlitteringStar, Yooku, Hephgirl and others....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by revlane: 1:33am On Oct 18, 2017
Osemigho:

FSW-Inland Timeline.

So happy for you. Wish you the best in your journey from here

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:39am On Oct 18, 2017
KINGTELLER:
I am in the same dilemma with the poster above me. I'm married with a child but I dont want them to accompany me for now becos of the huge cost of processing for myself, wife and kid and also raising CAD 15,000 as POF.....

My plan is to apply but include their details as unaccompanied (they wont accompany me in the intial journey) and possibly show PoF of CAD 12,300..... When I get to canny, i will hustle and prepare their joining me

Gurus in the house, How easy is it for spouse and my child to join me later when one gets to Canada?

Cc: Kontagiou.s, GlitteringSta.r, Yook.u, Hephgir.l and others....

Hello,

You must show proof of funds for non-accompanying dependents (spouse and children) too. The proof of funds for three people is 18,825CAD and not 15,000CAD. They must undergo medical examinations and your spouse must provide a police report too.

I will advise you to include them in your application from the start. You can do a gift deed if you have any family members that can assist you. Learn more about gift deed here.

The sponsorship application may take up to one year (or even more).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=354&top=14

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by KINGTELLER: 1:53am On Oct 18, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Hello,

You must show proof of funds for non-accompanying dependents (spouse and children) too. The proof of funds for three people is 18,825CAD and not 15,000CAD. They must undergo medical examinations and your spouse must provide a police report too.

I will advise you to include them in your application from the start. You can do a gift deed if you have any family members that can assist you. Learn more about gift deed here.

The sponsorship application may take up to one year (or even more).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=354&top=14

Thank you for the swift response... This sponsorship of family is putting me in a tight corner.....

I like to ask, during filling of forms or issusnce of PR, will VO request for my, spouse and child international passport even if they are not accompanying me?

2. Will I also pay Visa Fee ($550 PR and $450) for my wife and kid even if they are not accompanying me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 1:59am On Oct 18, 2017
KINGTELLER:

Thank you for the swift response... This sponsorship of family is putting me in a tight corner.....

I like to ask, during filling of forms or issusnce of PR, will VO request for my, spouse and child international passport even if they are not accompanying me?

2. Will I also pay Visa Fee ($550 PR and $450) for my wife and kid even if they are not accompanying me

1. Yes. You will need to provide their details too. Also, part of the requirements needed for medicals and police report is international passport.

2. RPRF payment is not required for non-accompanying spouse but I'm not sure if processing fee is required.-----http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 2:36am On Oct 18, 2017
Kmgb:

Why not apply for both of you to go and then he can use the PR as visiting visa for the next 5 years. It is just that he wont be able to renew but he might also have changed his mind during the time. You can claim points from him since he is willing to put in the work and the cost is almost the same.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 2:37am On Oct 18, 2017
Congrats Osemigho.

Was about to say that PPR has been scarce here. The VO's need to wake up.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by czaratwork: 3:06am On Oct 18, 2017
please is any province about to do provincial nomination programme? i want my aunties score to increase.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by overcomer296: 3:35am On Oct 18, 2017
Good day all, pls has anyone successfully done ECA on a certificate from Uniabuja? How was the process? Any contact pls
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 5:08am On Oct 18, 2017
MRSDA:
Just so they know....
Glitteringstar and Hephgirl have never talked to me o

#flippingmywaistlengthhairandwalkingaway
buhahahahhah
Flipping ur wah? Buhahahahhah

Buh is this true chai Chai... U don find trouble cos now I must be looking for u everywhere
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 5:11am On Oct 18, 2017
Kmgb:
my advice
1. Do his pr as u r doing urs... Cos it's harder later... Dey always change their minds.. What's d worse that can happen?
Inshort with his pr he can visit as many times as possible. Amd when he changes his mind there won't b an issue.
4. Is fine in my opinion

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 5:14am On Oct 18, 2017
KINGTELLER:

Cc: kontagious, GlitteringStar, Yooku, Hephgirl and others....

Oga in my opinion try find that money... Isnor easy to now decide u want dem to be pr later o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 5:16am On Oct 18, 2017
Osemigho:

FSW-Inland Timeline.

Oh wow... Congratulations
I celebrate with you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kmgb: 6:02am On Oct 18, 2017
elfmann:

Have u ever used the tool? If u check unaccompanied , it won't bring the fields for those factors.. I.e TEF and ECA. Use the tool wisely and keep reading.

Yes I have just wanted to be sure I wasnt missing something,because when I check accompanying,I only get to fill one language test result for him and not 2,either TEF or ielts,and I need to know what I'll get if he does both language exams and his level of education is also not asked..I really appreciate your response. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kmgb: 6:04am On Oct 18, 2017
Hephgirl:
my advice
1. Do his pr as u r doing urs... Cos it's harder later... Dey always change their minds.. What's d worse that can happen?
Inshort with his pr he can visit as many times as possible. Amd when he changes his mind there won't b an issue.
4. Is fine in my opinion

Thank you,I will try again. Thanks for no 4 as well,saw a similar answer in pg 206.I really appreciate your response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kmgb: 6:06am On Oct 18, 2017
XX01:

Why not apply for both of you to go and then he can use the PR as visiting visa for the next 5 years. It is just that he wont be able to renew but he might also have changed his mind during the time. You can claim points from him since he is willing to put in the work and the cost is almost the same.

Thanks,will keep trying, just wanted to know what happens in d event he still doesn't agree. Thanks I appreciate your response a lot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by rossferno: 6:25am On Oct 18, 2017
Hello good people of the house. I need help regarding my transcript in lautech. I need a good contact at the transcript office to help fastrack please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.