Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,684 members, 7,801,967 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1501292 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by walter08: 4:29pm On Oct 19, 2017
Pls explain this for me

7) Do you have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian province, territory or federal body?
Note: A certificate of qualification lets people work in some skilled trades in Canada. Only the provinces, territories and a federal body can issue these certificates. To get one, a person must have them assess their training, trade experience and skills to and then pass a certification exam.

People usually have to go to the province or territory to be assessed. They may also need experience and training from an employer in Canada.

This isn’t the same as a nomination from a province or territory.

Yooku:
No they can't....WES (and others) do not evaluate professional certificates and hence no points can be awarded for such

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 4:32pm On Oct 19, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Sleekysilk's anointing will fall on you. grin grin You will get an ITA in the next draw. wink

Afi sleekysilk's anointing na. You go fear brand name. grin MippiShick don't worry, your ITA is next in line #team433
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 4:32pm On Oct 19, 2017
Pardon me oh, but i think its self explanatory...
If you dont have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian province, territory or federal body... Answer is NO
walter08:
Pls explain this for me

7) Do you have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian province, territory or federal body?
Note: A certificate of qualification lets people work in some skilled trades in Canada. Only the provinces, territories and a federal body can issue these certificates. To get one, a person must have them assess their training, trade experience and skills to and then pass a certification exam.

People usually have to go to the province or territory to be assessed. They may also need experience and training from an employer in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 19, 2017
sleekysilk:

Afi sleekysilk's anointing na. You go fear brand name. grin MippiShick don't worry, your ITA is next in line #team433

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Iumezinwa1: 4:40pm On Oct 19, 2017
Good Day All,

Please i have two questions. I am presenting creating a profile. I am at a crossroad on the following:

Question 1 : I started my work life in May 2010 where i worked as a credit Analyst for 6 months. After which i was moved to Marketing. I worked as a Marketing staff from November 2010 till August 2012. I then resigned and went for one year masters from Sep. 2012.

I came back to the same bank in August 2014 as a credit analyst.]My question is do i need to put my prior years’ experience before masters or do i just include the post masters experience as it accounts for over 3years work experience to claim the maximum points?

If i need to include the Marketing experience is the NOC okay as 6235.

Question 2

My husband is self-employed. DO i need to include his work experience when creating a profile? Also I do not plan to do ECA for his degree, do I need to include his degree when creating a profile and select ECA not done.

Please family help me with the above enquiry.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by JustinTrudeau: 4:42pm On Oct 19, 2017
Sleekysilk BC is still holding me to ransome, patience is really a virtue.

It's high time i tell the Minister to include TOEFL in the English Competency test.IELTS is a rip off and a delay entity.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 4:44pm On Oct 19, 2017
I actually think @cochtrance said that already in his post. Even if you combine 5 jobs in a 3 year period, they still have to be under the same NOC. That is my own understanding
manlikegb:

@cochtrane, thanks for your contribution on this topic. I hold the same opinion with you but this recent reply(find attached from 6days ago) I got from tweeting at IRCC is casting doubt on that opinion. Of course they(IRCC twitter handler) can make mistakes while giving answers to queries too which could be misleading to applicants. That’s why I’m keen on contributions from anyone in the house who has combined different NOCs before to clear the smoke. This will be very much appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by balogunsam(m): 4:44pm On Oct 19, 2017
Kingbukaz:

7m for family abi?

Yessir. Should I PM my account details?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by balogunsam(m): 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2017
Sunflowerr:
please what is their handle on fb, I can't seem to find the correct page

Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/WESAdvisor/
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by balogunsam(m): 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2017
Hephgirl:

Love ur faith.
Abeg if d money remain Abeg remember me o

hahaha....someone cannot catch you in a corner ma...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by balogunsam(m): 4:48pm On Oct 19, 2017
threadstone:

Congrats Uncle. That 7m no be here o but trust God, e go show.

Absolutely! No other way
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 4:49pm On Oct 19, 2017
Catch in a corner... Just passing by

HephBABY... wink
balogunsam:

hahaha....someone cannot catch you in a corner ma...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ugoiyke79e: 4:50pm On Oct 19, 2017
Virt:
Hello Ugoiyke,

How far with the Port Harcourt pre-arrival session you were trying secure? Is it closed. Can I register with ITA because the website states one must have PPR, COPR, PUM etc.

I hope to hear from you soon on it.

Hi Virt, we have a date for 7th November here in PH. It is still open for registration.

I think a lot of people who indicated interest with their ITA didnt get a positive response from the co-ordinator.
However,I'd say you should should go ahead and register on the website.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 4:56pm On Oct 19, 2017
JustinTrudeau:
Sleekysilk BC is still holding me to ransome, patience is really a virtue.

It's high time i tell the Minister to include TOEFL in the English Competency test.IELTS is a rip off and a delay entity.
So sorry dear. You're correct with the TOEFL. The monoply too much. It will surely end in praise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yooku: 5:11pm On Oct 19, 2017
In Canada there is a category of work known as the skilled trades..Ranging from Plumbers, mechanics, bricklayers, woodworkers etc etc. In order to practice in one of the trades you need a certificate of qualification. The process to obtain this certificate is what is outlined below. hope this helps.

For the provincial nomination, kindly check this link https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/262#61318743

@GlitteringStar How do you do the hyperlinks pls?? e don taya me dey try

walter08:
Pls explain this for me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 5:38pm On Oct 19, 2017
oh OK...don't mind me o!
ur ITA is loading.
MippiShick:

Lol Chuckdee13. Actually, i don't have ITA yet. My CRS is 433. I was just exclaiming because i am 3 points lower than yesterday's draw. Abeg our data analysts should predict the next draw o. grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 5:40pm On Oct 19, 2017
ur right. IELTS reading o!!!
GlitteringStar:

I think he is trying to say that he missed yesterday's draw (ITA) by just few points.

Cc: Newmum0615, MippiShick

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 19, 2017
Newmum0615:
I actually think @cochtrance said that already in his post. Even if you combine 5 jobs in a 3 year period, they still have to be under the same NOC. That is my own understanding
Wrong understanding.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 19, 2017
Yooku:

@GlitteringStar How do you do the hyperlinks pls?? e don taya me dey try

Lol cheesy

Click the "insert hyperlink" icon (looks like the globe) in the editor menu, you will get something like this [url][/url]. Add an equal sign followed by the link/address you wish to link to in the first bracket. It will look like this: [url=link ]word [ /url].

Do you get it now? wink

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kingbukaz: 6:22pm On Oct 19, 2017
balogunsam:

Yessir. Should I PM my account details?

Someone can not joke with you again? Lolz
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Msp: 6:22pm On Oct 19, 2017
Hello, pls before you do anything. Google dual intent Canada. is it study or visit ?

Madcow:

Many thanks Bro.

I will proceed as advised, I applied online so i am still with my passport... I logged on to my profile and i cannot find a link/instructions to withdraw/discontinue the application.

Please from your experience, how do you think i can go about this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MrsBee: 6:23pm On Oct 19, 2017
Lordnath:

Today marks 80 days in NA2. I'm tired mehn, tired of analysing cases on immitracker just to determine possible PPR date. So I decided to take a 'siddon look' approach and focus instead on my travel plans.

Let them take their time in Trafalgar Square...when it exceeds normal processing timeframe, I'll bring down their door.
Good luck all London crew and all the best with travel plans.

85days in NA2. Waiting on London.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Mavor: 6:27pm On Oct 19, 2017
billy:
Hello @Mavor,

Please fill out your job duties using the below link and wait for your NOC code which will be sent to your email address.

http://www1.canada.ca/en/contact/noc.html

Cheers!

I did that. See below for the generic response that was sent to me. Mtschewww!!! angry

Good day,

Thank you for your interest in the National Occupational Classification (NOC).

NOC Search

§ A useful search tool can be found on the NOC Web site (http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/welcome.aspx?ver=16) by using your occupational title or keywords related to your occupation in the Quick Search box located at the top or using a complex search in the Search the NOC box located at the top left side of the menu bar. This will generate a list of possible occupations. The education, main duties and employment requirements should also correspond to your occupation.

For example, for the first job you listed, based on the information you provided, entering the term "information technology" in the Quick Search bar will generate a list of related NOC codes. It enables you to narrow down the search results to the NOC code that matches the occupation:
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/NOC/QuickSearch.aspx?ver=16&val65=information%20technology

If the search above does not yield a matching occupational profile, please try broadening or narrowing down your search by using different related keywords.

Code Confirmation

In order to confirm and validate how closely a NOC code matches a given occupation, you must refer to the NOC profiles in question and review the main duties and employment requirements to assess which one accurately represents your occupation. Other information within the NOC profile should also be assessed such as example titles, additional information, and classified elsewhere sections.

When determining your NOC code, even though the job title and the employment requirements are important, emphasis is placed on the main duties.

Please note that the final decision for selecting the most appropriate NOC code is each individual's responsibility. Our role is only to provide guidance and support in your NOC search and it is not within our mandate to determine and/or confirm NOC code selections.

We hope this information is helpful. Thank you for contacting the NOC unit and have a nice day.

The NOC Unit

Employment and Social Development Canada

Gatineau, QC, Canada
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 19, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 19, 2017
hayor2014:
Good people, i need help , though i have done it myself with the tool, i am not so sure of the scores,

Age - 32 , Married,
MBA Finance - ECA in progress with IQAS
IELTS - in 2 weeks time
Work Experience ( Banking Full staff) - 7 years - ( i already have reference letter for the first job and can easily get the one for the current place of work)
assume i get the standard score - -LSWR - 8777
wifey has 3 years job experience in Banking too( can get reference Letter)

Assume wifey does not write IELTS and she does not do ECA..
please what will our scores be ? i want to get into the pool by January, sourcing for POF..

Using the CRS tool, with an assumed score of 8777 (LRSW) in the IELTS exam, your CRS score will be 427 --(with accompanying dependents)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Canadianfly: 6:44pm On Oct 19, 2017
GlitteringStar:
Canadianfly is back! smiley kiss Welcome back, sis. wink
*waves frantically* grin

@ daremum mentioning me, why u dey ask me what to do now post ITA? Even after you asked pre ITA and I told you since you passed eligibility and 461 is your CRS score, to forget adding a relative that won't give you any points. Except na sibling. But na stone I pour water then.....so no ask me now angry grin

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Marvi4real: 6:53pm On Oct 19, 2017
MrsBee:

85days in NA2. Waiting on London.

Our London people are just lazy.
84 days on NA2
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yooku: 7:02pm On Oct 19, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Lol cheesy

Click the "insert hyperlink" icon (looks like the globe) in the editor menu, you will get something like this [url][/url]. Add an equal sign followed by the link/address you wish to link to in the first bracket. It will look like this: [url=link ]word [ /url].

Do you get it now? wink

Hahahaha....yes i get it now grin grin Chop e-kiss for this.... tongue

On a more serious note....when you scroll down the page I linked to above for the last round of invitations and check the numbers against the various CRS ranges you can see why the CRS keeps hovering around the current levels....Drop it to the 411-420 range and about 10,000 ITA's will have to be issued in the next draw...Hmmm, those of us who got ITA with only 425 na only God oh. I guess it's purely a capacity issue. Checking out the figures for the 2017 immigration projections given for FSW that those of us on this thread are pursuing, one can see how they control the numbers given ITA's in order to approach that budgeted number. It will also appear that this is done in order to ensure "timely" (rolls eyes) processing of applications. Apparently the backlog of applications pre-Express Entry had been cleared giving rise to the high levels of ITA's issued from the lowered CRS score in April/May/June. Looks like from this report also that there are less than 300 FTE's working on FSW applications. I don't know what to make of that either. For all those waiting for the CRS cutoff's to drop I say keep hope alive!!! There is hope for the future!!! abeg manke our Senior Data Analyst crunch the figures and give updated findings on the CRS scores. He has already done some preliminary analysis in one of his posts. Tuale!! grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by keji11: 7:09pm On Oct 19, 2017
@ Mire222 or any one with Ontario nominee experience

Under the Human Capital Priorities Stream for Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program, how can someone show intention to reside in Ontario in the application and not having ties Ontario.
Or it's not applicable to some people.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by deeore: 7:10pm On Oct 19, 2017
Its one of the stages in the ppr process

Kingbukaz:

Please what's NA2?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by aduredee: 7:11pm On Oct 19, 2017
Good evening house. I'm new to this forum and its been educative reading through the pages.
I have a few questions as i plan to apply for express entry soon with my husband. I have earlier applied for a study permit where i made a mistake on my work experience: i wrote 2013 october to 2015 nov instead of 2012 october to 2015 nov. I however now that i want to submit my EE im afraid this might raise a red flag even though i have employment and reference letters that can prove the date of employment as i want to claim my full 3 years or more work experience.
kindly advice me on what to do.

this is my work experience timeline:
oct 2012- nov 2015 = asst hr officer
dec 2015-may 2016=hr office (my appointment was terminated)
march 2017 till date = Hr manager.

kindly advice. thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 19, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.