Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,822 members, 7,806,312 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (383) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1505066 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Gambros: 9:22pm On Nov 02, 2017
Please how did you Fax using Helifax. I actually do not understand the process. Kindly put me through.

Ykjgirls:
I forwarded my certificate via hello fax.the school is actually ment to send it along with your transcript so far u attached it along with the oda form signed by you...but this is nigeria...errors could occur....hellofax doesnt cost anytin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ugoiyke79e: 9:25pm On Nov 02, 2017
Omoedeki:
I am in the pool already with a CRS score of 439. I have some questions.
1. Can I use only Tbill certificate as my POF without account statement?

2. Can I use PCC I got about 2 months ago while applying for Australian Visa? Australia was boldly written on it, will that make it invalid for Canadian Immigration?

3. Where can I take the passport photo required in Port Harcourt

Thanks for all the help I have received so far from this forum. I am grateful

Hi,
#1---yes, a statement of account isnt compulsory. your Tbills and bank letter can suffice especially if your Tbill is not recently bought.

#3)--You can have it taken at any good photostudio near you. make sure to go along with a copy of the picture dimensions requirement..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 9:41pm On Nov 02, 2017
Kontagious:

Ehn ehn, it is not my mouth you heard to go take PPR size for e-Apr o. If anyone go send e-Apr size for PPR, DHL will gladly thank you for you continued patronage grin!

I know how much I wasted on passport pictures. We took normal passport pictures. Then I read that the passport picture for submission was different and we took another set following the specs on the e-apr exactly. Only to find out that it was exactly same with the one we had before. And still had to do the big one for the COPR. Imagine how much for a family of 5 every time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Gambros: 9:43pm On Nov 02, 2017
I am a bit worried pls.

I am in early 30s and same as my hubby, however none of us has Masters, only Bsc. He is requesting I be the primary applicant.I have 5 years experience in banking. Please do you think We have opportunity of achieving the required points. I have noticed most people here has Masters ,so am a bit discouraged that since none of us has masters and not really in late 20s , that we may build points.

Pls advise me.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by hiscules: 9:53pm On Nov 02, 2017
Gambros:
I am a bit worried pls.

I am in early 30s and same as my hubby, however none of us has Masters, only Bsc. He is requesting I be the primary applicant.I have 5 years experience in banking. Please do you think We have opportunity of achieving the required points. I have noticed most people here has Masters ,so am a bit discouraged that since none of us has masters and not really in late 20s , that we may build points.

Pls advise me.

Thank you.
welcome! You have found the right place. First off, take every worry off your mind and read page 0.

Start from where you are. Just a matter to time and you will soon realise that there WAS nothing to worry about in the first place.

Ciao

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 02, 2017
Gambros:

Please how did you Fax using Helifax. I actually do not understand the process. Kindly put me through.

Hello,

Check the link below for the steps to follow.

https://faq.hellosign.com/hc/en-us/articles/206074808-How-do-I-fax-a-document-

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ethelia(f): 9:57pm On Nov 02, 2017
ribaby:
Doctors in the house please how does ECFMG contact the medical school? Is it through email or regular postal service.

I think it depends on the school. from what I've seen here most schools are contacted by regular mail but some can be contacted 'electeonically'
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by behati: 10:01pm On Nov 02, 2017
UdomoLeinad:

Sounds reasonable enough, thanks!

I was going to dive into the pool this week as I've got my ECA and IELTS with good enough points but my fiance and I thought it best to go in together, we're getting married next year but she'll be back in December for our introduction and court wedding. We expect to get ITA on the first draw after the court wedding is done. Gathered almost all our documents and its possible to submit within a week of ITA. My question is, hope this won't seem shady as the date on the marriage certificate would be recent as though we did the marriage for the sole purpose of migration, which isn't the case

Anyone been in a similar situation and gotten PPR?
This shouldn't be a problem. People that even got married after receiving AOR and added their spouse thereafter have successfully gotten PPR.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 10:01pm On Nov 02, 2017
Gambros:
I am a bit worried pls.

Pls advise me.

Thank you.
Ensure you and your husband get the max scores on IELTS. Then enter the pool with that. That'd give you about 420-something ish. Between now and next year there's a very good chance it can get you ITA.
And trust me, there's been a ton of people in your exact shoes (Bsc only and no special points boosters) who still got this PPR, whether via PNP or FSW. I can reel out names, but that'd be unnecessary.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Bimpsy99: 10:03pm On Nov 02, 2017
Goodnews grin
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream: now accepting applications

The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) is now accepting applications for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities (HCP) Stream.
ATTENTION:

You must have a valid profile in the Express Entry (EE) system in order to apply.
You must have received a Notification of Interest (NOI) from Ontario that is still valid in order to apply.

Notifications of Interest (NOI) issued prior to November 1, 2017 are valid for six months or to December 31, 2017 (whichever comes first). This means that you must submit an application for the HCP Stream in the OINP e-Filing Portal within six months of receiving your NOI from Ontario.

NOIs issued after November 1, 2017 are valid for 45 days or to December 31, 2017 (whichever comes first). This means that if you received your NOI after November 1, 2017, you must submit an application for the HCP in the OINP e-Filing Portal within 45 days of receiving your NOI from Ontario.

All NOIs issued in 2017 are no longer valid after December 31, 2017.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sunvick(m): 10:22pm On Nov 02, 2017
Bimpsy99:
Goodnews grin
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream: now accepting applications

The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) is now accepting applications for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities (HCP) Stream.
ATTENTION:

You must have a valid profile in the Express Entry (EE) system in order to apply.
You must have received a Notification of Interest (NOI) from Ontario that is still valid in order to apply. Checked my profile, nothing of such. shocked shocked

Notifications of Interest (NOI) issued prior to November 1, 2017 are valid for six months or to December 31, 2017 (whichever comes first). This means that you must submit an application for the HCP Stream in the OINP e-Filing Portal within six months of receiving your NOI from Ontario.

NOIs issued after November 1, 2017 are valid for 45 days or to December 31, 2017 (whichever comes first). This means that if you received your NOI after November 1, 2017, you must submit an application for the HCP in the OINP e-Filing Portal within 45 days of receiving your NOI from Ontario.

All NOIs issued in 2017 are no longer valid after December 31, 2017.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 10:23pm On Nov 02, 2017
nkigirl:

Mine got there July 27th. I called yesterday and I was told it would be mailed out on Friday.
I also confirmed that they are now processing August.
Oh wow.... Na wa
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 10:24pm On Nov 02, 2017
CannyMode:

Shift make I laugh grin
buhahahahhah
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 10:25pm On Nov 02, 2017
Newmum0615:
Thanks.
No 3 is actually not really related to my other questions like that. What I meant was, does informing the PFA of my intended relocation outta Nigeria count as early retirement? Cos my PFA states that under their T & Cs that access to 25% of funds can only be given 4 months post early retirement.

yes

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 10:27pm On Nov 02, 2017
Gambros:

Open
Create and account
Ensure document is in Dropbox or iCloud
Follow instructions ( fax number etc)
Attach documents
Type "whatever u want" in d cover page
Send

When next someone is lost about this ish... Be sure to also help out wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by platypelloid: 10:28pm On Nov 02, 2017
hello house
pls i am in dilemma,as a medical doctor pls which route is the best

1)PLAB FOR UK
2)CANADIAN PR
3)MASTERS IN CANADA

PLEASE ADVISE ,WHICH ONE IS THE SUREST?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 10:35pm On Nov 02, 2017
platypelloid:
hello house
pls i am in dilemma,as a medical doctor pls which route is the best

1)PLAB FOR UK
2)CANADIAN PR
3)MASTERS IN CANADA

PLEASE ADVISE ,WHICH ONE IS THE SUREST?
1. Plab for UK (ur status in d UK isn't a sure one... Their immigration isn't friendly per say) but u can do plab for uk work and den it's easier for u to start residency in Canada
2. Canadian PR ( at least u will leave d country, write ur exams) build ur self while u "wait" to start residency
3 . master in Canada goes with number 2.
But as PR u can get "grants" to do ur masters. Get a job as a public health worker ( assuming u r going through d public health route) while u pursue residency. And u can actually write ur mccee exams and do masters at d same time.

Summary u need ur PR

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Princess2015: 10:39pm On Nov 02, 2017
Many thanks to everyone who answered my questions.@ Glitteringstar, I can't thank you enough.God bless you.
@ eisteino,elfman and sleekysilk,its an honour to have you guys as my agents .lol

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by platypelloid: 10:49pm On Nov 02, 2017
THANK YOU
I HAVE REGISTERED FOR IELTS UKVI IN PURSUIT OF PLAB
WILL YOU ADVICE ME TO GO BACK AND CHANGE THE UKVI TO GENERAL TRAINING ?
I APPRECIATE YOU.
HOUSE KINDLY ADVICE AS AM LEFT TO CHOOSE BETWEEN UK PLAB AND CANADA PPR!

Hephgirl:

1. Plab for UK (ur status in d UK isn't a sure one... Their immigration isn't friendly per say) but u can do plab for uk work and den it's easier for u to start residency in Canada
2. Canadian PR ( at least u will leave d country, write ur exams) build ur self while u "wait" to start residency
3 . master in Canada goes with number 2.
But as PR u can get "grants" to do ur masters. Get a job as a public health worker ( assuming u r going through d public health route) while u pursue residency. And u can actually write ur mccee exams and do masters at d same time.

Summary u need ur PR
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by esosa4real(m): 11:03pm On Nov 02, 2017
ALBUM TITLE: "CIC CHRONICLES"
ARTIST NAME: DR. XOSA aka "I must blow'�

Track 1- Collabo (aka IELTS jam ECA) ft vcole
Track 2 - Issa Draw feat IRCC
Track 3 - Police is your Friend feat Alagbon
Track 4 - Arab Money feat @kyaggy
Track 5 - The wait begins feat @ugoiyke
Track 6 - Canadian Love
Track 7 - Don't wanna wait in vain for ur Love
Track 8 - CIC, the more u look, less u see!
Track 9 - Speed kills feat @Speeddarlignton ���
Track 10 - CIC AWOOF
Track 11 - CIC WHY EVILS
Track 12 - CIC do Ojoro
Track 13 - Chill Pills feat @Mummyjaygirls
Track 14 - Norgo Scotia oh!
Track 15 - London Bridge: Falling down
Track 16- All bone na bone says d patient dog
Track 17 - Haba, I nor do again
Track 18 - No man knoweth the hour nor day
Track 19 - Hope feat @40manlappy
Track 20 - Hope remix feat @rashidat malcolm, soulbroda, uche, olu et al
Track 21 - Desperate Measures feat @adegirl & Lala
Track 22 - Aiye le ibosi o (To God be the Glory) feat Tope Alabi
Track 23 - HYPERTENSION feat London VO whatsapp
Track 24 - PPR FALL ON ME feat @DAVIDO

So as i promised months ago, this is my 24 - track album dedicated to cic and it's relatives (nairalanders and whatsappers) on this wonderful day of my PPR!!
Ppr mall yaff come...... i am I the music studio.....I yaff blow!! ����������

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 02, 2017
esosa4real:

Track 6 - Canadian Love
Track 10 - CIC AWOOF
Track 11 - CIC WHY EVILS
Track 12 - CIC do Ojoro

So as i promised months ago, this is my 24 - track album dedicated to cic and it's relatives (nairalanders and whatsappers) on this wonderful day of my PPR!!

LMFAOOOOOO!!!!! I don talk before say una no well for this place...kai kai kai
Congrats guy!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Beblessedbaba: 11:14pm On Nov 02, 2017
Congratulations Dr Esooosa................... smiley

grin Abeg where is your booking office ? We will need you to play at Canny Naija festival 2018 tentatively April....

esosa4real:

Track 6 - Canadian Love
Track 10 - CIC AWOOF
Track 11 - CIC WHY EVILS
Track 12 - CIC do Ojoro

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 11:16pm On Nov 02, 2017
Kontagious:

Family size is 3. No visa refusal nor travel history, ditto for my wife and daughter.

Thanks for the feed back bro. Just wondering if these factors influenced the speed sort of.

@ esosa4real: congrats o even though I dey try reason your kain album wey get 24 tracks. Lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by vcole: 11:18pm On Nov 02, 2017
esosa4real:

OMG!!!!!! congrats bro!!!! Finally! I guess my appearance was led by the "spirit today after all.lol!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by vcole: 11:19pm On Nov 02, 2017
@bigfido, @ugoiyke79e, @esosa4real and all hailings oh!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Beblessedbaba: 11:19pm On Nov 02, 2017
The wife of our husband grin Please use this CRS calculator to calculate your chances...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Meanwhile, please plan around getting IELTS score and use this as your estimate in your CRS calculator above.
Listening - 8 Reading - 7 Speaking - 7 and Writing - 7.

Gambros:
I am a bit worried pls.

Pls advise me.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Emmasonic4me: 11:20pm On Nov 02, 2017
esosa4real:

Track 6 - Canadian Love
Track 10 - CIC AWOOF
Track 11 - CIC WHY EVILS
Track 12 - CIC do Ojoro

Congrats dear on your PPR. I almost scrolled past it unnoticed because of your format grin I hope you're gonna release another album once you land for canny. . grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by vcole: 11:21pm On Nov 02, 2017
Someone asked about visa refusals I can't remember the moniker.
I had a UK visa refusal. I answered yes for the questions that asked about that and I explained that I was refused a UK tourist visa on xyz date and reason for refusal was insufficient documents and I attached the visa refusal letter since I still had it thanks to my obsessive habit of keeping documents. Then I also mentioned my subsequent UK visa grants and trips after that refusal. You can do the same for the U.S.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by vcole: 11:22pm On Nov 02, 2017
@ecfmg question. Its sent by regular post. They wait 60 days and if they haven't got a response they send another and wait another 60 days then send another. After the 3rd time you can then request and pay for it to be sent by courier.
Only OAU to the best of my knowledge right now does ecfmg verification electronically. I hope this helps.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:25pm On Nov 02, 2017
esosa4real:

Wow! Congratulations!!! smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 02, 2017
Don't be discouraged, use the crs tool to see what score you can get. Both of you definitely need to ace ielts.
If the draws won't work for you,go the pnp route. Cheers.
Gambros:
I am a bit worried pls.

Pls advise me.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sweetrie(f): 11:34pm On Nov 02, 2017
vcole:
@ecfmg question. Its sent by regular post.
Only OAU to the best of my knowledge right now does ecfmg verification electronically. I hope this helps.
UNN does electronic verification too

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.