Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,404 members, 7,781,167 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:09 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (477) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1489043 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 17, 2017
Guitarlife:

Succesfully paid now.
Congratulations! What did u do differently?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Chijudy: 7:03pm On Nov 17, 2017
Hello Guys, please I want to know if anybody here has successfully obtained PCC from UK. If possible, I would appreciate it if somebody would kindly take me through the process of getting UK PCC from Nigeria.

I studied there in 2010 and left since 2011. Efforts to apply for PCC on the ACRO website proved abortive as they require proof of current address of less that six months old. And of course, I don't have that proof. Please I need help from the Gurus in the house on how to obtain this PCC from UK.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Issyman(m): 7:13pm On Nov 17, 2017
mamacajah:
Hello All, in light of the new policy (see attachment) on withdrawal from Pension funds, hope it will not affect our POF plans?

This is in respect to voluntary contribution made by the contributor not the statutory pension contribution. The VC was designed to encourage people to make additional contribution towards their retirement. Also, in order to encourage this, VC was exempted from the computation of PAYE under the new tax regime thereby becoming a tax avoidance method that can be adopted by an employee to reduce his/her tax liability (paye).

Presently as Naija people wey we be, employee will contribute a certain amount as VC which is deducted from source (salary) thereby significantly reducing their tax liability then will go round and make withdrawal of same from their RSA account. So this practice defeated the purpose and short change the govt.
In conclusion, this does not affect the 25% withdrawal from the statutory pension contribution when a contributor is out of job for 4 months.
Me Sef dey rush go request for my VC on Monday to escape the deadline.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 7:17pm On Nov 17, 2017
Guitarlife:

Thanks for your time, yes I ask too many questions but isn't that the whole essence of the thread ?
Everyone keeps reprimanding me for asking too many questions but none has been magnanimous enough to even respond to the enquiry, haba !

Hello people the journey has started thanks to everyone that has encouraged me.

I spent a good number of hours sorting thru NOCs and I finally found one that fits my job description of 4 years but the job title is totally different.

I am nominating 2241 Electrical Electronic technologist while my present job title is about managing Automated Teller Machines.

My plan is to state my job role on my company reference letter to indicate I design, operate, support bla bla bla ATMachine emphasis on ATM hard ware and electronic banking systems support and repair.

Now can these fly cos if it can I can claim 4 years of work experience + my masters in electrical eng + good ielts and age =31 next year.

I need good advise, wont the VO reject it and say it doesnt match ?

My job title says admin officer, my job description is for HR, I chose HR noc and got ppr, I hope I've answered ur question
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by kingspaco: 7:19pm On Nov 17, 2017
Chijudy:
Hello Guys, please I want to know if anybody here has successfully obtained PCC from UK. If possible, I would appreciate it if somebody would kindly take me through the process of getting UK PCC from Nigeria.

I studied there in 2010 and left since 2011. Efforts to apply for PCC on the ACRO website proved abortive as they require proof of current address of less that six months old. And of course, I don't have that proof. Please I need help from the Gurus in the house on how to obtain this PCC from UK.

Thank you
The proof of address required is your Nigerian address. What most people use here is their Nigerian bank statements.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by caon: 7:42pm On Nov 17, 2017
GlitteringStar:
Searching.................

Looking for microphone..................

Okay. Seen!

#Picks Mic

Hello Everyone,

Good news! Good news!! Good news!!!

On 5th August 2017, someone assisted the newbies by summarizing the first part of this thread.

He read the whole thread, summarized it and posted FAQs to assist the Newbies.

He is one of the most helpful guys on this thread. He assisted many people even before he dived into the pool.

To cut the long story short, he submitted his application few weeks ago.

I'm very happy to announce that this helpful fellow received his Golden Mail today smiley

Congratulations to the ever outstanding data analyst of this thread.

Congratulations, my dear friend. kiss

I'm so happy for you wink

To all other PPR hopefuls, I wish you all speedy processing time and favour.

More of such good news on this thread.

#TeamDoitYourself

#Drops Mic wink
yippeeee,congrats cochtrane so happy for u.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 17, 2017
Chijudy:

Thank you

Why don’t you have a proof of address? Please note that this is proof of your current address (where you currently live here in Nigeria) and this could be your bank statements, utility bill etc. It could even be two separate bank statements if you have more than one. It is not referring to current proof of your ‘previous’ UK address which I think is what you think it is and why you think you don’t have a proof of address.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Chijudy: 7:51pm On Nov 17, 2017
Thank you so much Bsbabe for coming to my rescue. I think I kindda panicked momentarily.

I will definitely use the suggested bank statements.
Bsbabe:

Why don’t you have a proof of address? Please note that this is proof of your current address (where you currently live here in Nigeria) and this could be your bank statements, utility bill etc. It could even be two separate bank statements if you have more than one. It is not referring to current proof of your ‘previous’ UK address which I think is what you think it is and why you think you don’t have a proof of address.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by caon: 7:51pm On Nov 17, 2017
mamacajah:
Hello All, in light of the new policy (see attachment) on withdrawal from Pension funds, hope it will not affect our POF plans?
not at all,d guideline is for voluntary contributions n nt d mandatory contributory scheme i.e it doesnt affect ur EE n ER contributions,accessin 25% is based on EE n ER
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Chijudy: 7:52pm On Nov 17, 2017
Definitely helped. Thanks a lot.
kingspaco:

The proof of address required is your Nigerian address. What most people use here is their Nigerian bank statements.

Hope this helps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by nonogoodgirl: 8:08pm On Nov 17, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Okay. Seen!

#Picks Mic

Hello Everyone,

On 5th August 2017, someone assisted the newbies by summarizing the first part of this thread.

He is one of the most helpful guys on this thread. He assisted many people even before he dived into the pool.

I'm very happy to announce that this helpful fellow received his Golden Mail today smiley

#TeamDoitYourself

#Drops Mic wink

Ppr mail is simply the best news ever. Congrats cochtrane

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 8:14pm On Nov 17, 2017
mamacajah:

People should withdraw all voluntary contributions before Dec 1 if they want to use it in Canada. However, this doesn't disturb the 25% of pension withdrawal upon 4 months of ceasing work.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tosinkay(m): 8:17pm On Nov 17, 2017
Good evening house. Please has anyone had his reading upgraded after EOR?
Please help a brother waiting for reply after applying for EOR
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Blackbuddy: 8:17pm On Nov 17, 2017
Congratulations @cochtrane, all the best ahead smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Marc0110(m): 8:24pm On Nov 17, 2017
WES doesn't work for nurses ooooo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 17, 2017
TEECANN:

Thank you buddy. I have taken your suggestion and done the needful...The idea was to seek several suggestions and pitch my tent with the popular consensus.

How is your application rolling? I pray we all celebrate at the end of it all.

It will all end in praise IJN

CRS on lock low, exploring PNP. Good looking out
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Justiyke4u: 8:59pm On Nov 17, 2017
dumsydsassy1:
Hi @Justiyke4u, please how many working days after the second mail acknowledgement did you call to ascertain your status of the assessment? Let me know when to start calling too..

26th September though I got only one email because I sent my documents together with my transcript from school
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Justiyke4u: 8:59pm On Nov 17, 2017
codebrew85:
Good. When did you get your 2nd mail from them?
26th September though I got only one email because I sent my documents together with my transcript from school
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 17, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Okay. Seen!

#Picks Mic

Hello Everyone,

#TeamDoitYourself

#Drops Mic wink
Cochtrane congrats!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by phf2be: 9:10pm On Nov 17, 2017
Congratulations "my dear friend" Cochtrane.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 10:01pm On Nov 17, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Abeg make una sorry for the delay o. Na work & movement.

My timeline

23-Aug ITA
23-Oct AOR
23-Oct NA1
06-Nov ADR for Travel History & Background Check
07-Nov ADR submitted
07-Nov IP1
12-Nov Medicals Passed
14-Nov NA2
16-Nov IP2
17-Nov PPR

Thanks everyone o for the felicitations. I'm wow'ed out of my wits. Una try wella. You guys have been the best e-family. I really appreciate the gesture. I know I'm gonna meet some people here someday and I'm sure it'll be an interesting time.

I wish all others the best on this journey.

Thanks @phf2be, @Aig84, @Blackbuddy, @nonogoodgirl, @caon, @Ljay17, @koonlay5, @sistaj, @Ronke1114, @ugoiyke79e, @Hope15, @sweetrie, @Raconteur14, @enocoded4life, @Emmasonic4me, @deeore, @threadstone, @Canadianfly, @viccee, @wisemen045, @Bsbabe, @ddymples, @philip3, @Faaz09, @chizilulu, @Owols, @Kontagious, @smslive2, @Santino1, @Newmum0615
@JustinTrudeau, @yokus (otherwise known as yokusyokoto smiley ,@Yewwygraceful, @elfmann, @40manlappy
@Guitarlife, and of course all others I failed to mention.

And finally @GlitteringStar. She has the most beautiful mind I have ever seen. She is a special one. Thanks.

Some quick unique things about my application

1. I used OND (National Diploma) & BSc to obtain "Two or more certificates". I remember coming to this thread and seeing instructions that only "post-Bachelor" diploma was allowed by CIC. It took some research to find out this is false. I urge everyone not to take at face value what they see here. As Canadianfly has always advised, do your own research. Only take the stuff you get here as where to set out on your research path. You could even ignore it all together!

2. After filling in my background details, including personal & educational history, I got ADR to do this again. Unfortunately I didn't take snapshots, so I'm 100% sure I got some dates mixed up in the repeat ADR, like starting an activity in April 2008 in the former & maybe September 2008 in the latter. I simply couldn't remember. After submitting, I found that I did take snapshots. Checked and saw I had filled some of the background ADR wrongly. Didn't bother to raise CSE as I expected the VO to give himself brain and understand April is not so far from September, lol. Well, it was a chance I took.

3. They didn't ask me for language details and I didn't claim points for French, but I put my french certificates anyways and added a LOE. I had filled some of the info in my personal history and thought to furnish details with a LOE. Now that I think about it, that was completely irrelevant. You really shouldn't put things you don't have to.

4. I got IP1 before getting "Medicals Passed". I honestly don't know why, but am guessing every application is just unique in its own way.

5. Initially, I submitted only current passport. Shortly after I got ADR for travel history and had to use an extra sheet to complete the information as the document did not fit in all travel information. I then added stamps & biodata page from all my passports (3 in all). But I carefully inserted hyperlinks in the cover page such that clicking each link took will take the VO to the respective passport pages.

6. I added several info on work history in addition to the requested letter. I have easy access to a lot of my career information (from coy database), so it was pretty easy to add so many stuff to prove I have the required work experience in the specified NOC. Added payslips for a year. Was easy to get from coy database.

7. Used digital photo (softcopy) from Studio 24.

8. Used Mutual funds only as POF (Stanbic & ARM). Didn't use anything else.

I hope these details help someone smiley

Thanks again to everyone!

Thing now is, I've traveled and didn't make arrangements for this 15-day deadline. I'll have to find a way to extend this.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 17, 2017
Chijudy:
Thank you so much Bsbabe for coming to my rescue. I think I kindda panicked momentarily.

I will definitely use the suggested bank statements.

Anytime smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 17, 2017
cochtrane:

Congratulations! kiss kiss

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by dumsydsassy1: 10:12pm On Nov 17, 2017
Ok thanks
Justiyke4u:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 10:13pm On Nov 17, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Congratulations! kiss kiss
Thanks. Madam news anchor, lol smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by EJIZY: 10:15pm On Nov 17, 2017
[quote author=cochtrane post=62476215]

Congrats bro...so happy for you, indeed you were of great help during my PR application. You truly deserve it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 10:17pm On Nov 17, 2017
EJIZY:

Thanks Ejizy. I'm glad to help smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 10:21pm On Nov 17, 2017
Marc0110:
WES doesn't work for nurses ooooo
Could you please provide more details about this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ajujuju2: 10:24pm On Nov 17, 2017
cochtrane:

Thing now is, I've traveled and didn't make arrangements for this 15-day deadline. I'll have to find a way to extend this.

What a real Wawu!!!
I'm certain d V. O saw all d hyperlinks and smart analytics and knew immediately that Canada wont do well without you.

Congrats Senior data analyst! Your timeline is groundbreaking!

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by hiscules: 10:25pm On Nov 17, 2017
threadstone:

If the school is where you did your ond, they most certainly will send both transcripts. It will be better for you to send in your ond certificate to wes as well as your hnd cert too before the transcripts gets there.

May you share the reason why youre evaluating hnd alone?
no am just asking if the school will use their discretion to send both transcripts. Yes its same school
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 17, 2017
What I see here is that those of us resident abroad can do total withdrawal. grin grin
mamacajah:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 10:35pm On Nov 17, 2017
cochtrane:

My timeline

23-Aug ITA
23-Oct AOR
23-Oct NA1
06-Nov ADR for Travel History & Background Check
07-Nov ADR submitted
07-Nov IP1
12-Nov Medicals Passed
14-Nov NA2
16-Nov IP2
17-Nov PPR

Thanks again to everyone!
Congrats coachy! Wish u and aunty GS well cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: kasie1(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.