Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (541) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1505613 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 9:45pm On Nov 29, 2017
rainazoe:
I just got PPR and we have to submit our passports within 15days. The issue now is that I have an international trip due in two weeks. Can I raise a CSE to request for a deadline or submit the passport and hope to get it back before my trip?
Did this successfully. Send a mail to your visa office and attach evidence of travel. Give them a week to get back. If they don't, follow up with a CSE. You should be able to sort it out in two weeks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 9:53pm On Nov 29, 2017
Kontagious:

Thank you fellas.

Cochtrane, precedence has it that some if not many got away with such arrangement but sadly, we hardly ever read of rejections/bans on this thread. That does not take away the fact that some do actually get banned, and of course, not a set rule that this POF arrangements leads to rejection/ban. I asked just so we exercise caution and be ready/able to defend whatever document that is put forward.

Santino1, truly, providing POF in the required format will not reveal one received a lump sum few days before printing the letter but if that particular account over the past 6 months had far lesser inflows/outflows, then the average balance for the last month will be significantly different from the previous 5. Thus, it will be easy to conclude a major inflow came in the last month. This I presume does not apply to you. Even if you had a huge deposit in the last month, judging by your posts so far, I’d assume you have such inflows/outflows over time thereby making your balance for the six months somewhat balance. But for someone whose account has been receiving salary of say N400,000 with other little inflows then getting a sudden hit of N5m, average balance for the 6th month will be way greater than the other 5. Then again, it’s safe to say most Nigerian applicants don’t get the luxury of having the CIC POF format.

Raconteur14, your input is valued. True time of deposit does not necessarily matter. But having one month (the last month at that) stand like Okorocha’s statues amongst midgets just doesn’t look good to me. Especially when I know I received the money as a gift. I’d rather back that document up necessarily before being asked to explain, then I start looking for ways to do what should have been done before.

No one is saying applicants should not receive heavy amounts at any one time but can that money be explained when the question is asked? My concern was born out of curiosity as it seems some of us prefer not to go the gift deed route, hence, we receive the money then throw in FD/Tbills. The ultimate question I silently ask is, how do you defend this if you get ADR for 6/12 months statement of account. Recently, we’ve seen some ridiculous ADR coming from LVO in particular. That statement will definitely reveal what the applicant initially tried burying. Consequence of the statement and fate of the applicant is what is left for the VO to decide.

Thank you guys.

Good observation. I must remark, though, that one thing I found very early is that a lot of people have created additional requirements not originally demanded by CIC. I think this 6-month statement thing is one of these. The POF requirements wants "date each account is opened", "the current balance of each account", and "the average balance for the past six months". If a financial institution provides all of these, nowhere does "a lump sum" become apparent. The current balance will state what's in the account presently, while the average balance for the past six month is an average of the current month & the previous five months. The lump sum is simply not visible.

The stanbic MMF letter I collected (which is one of what I presented) did not make anything evident, lump sum or not, though I opened the it sometime last year and have frequently topped up. From what was stated in the letter, I might as well have deposited some money yesterday and it wouldn't be obvious.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying guys shouldn't explain "lump sums". In fact, I think explaining is a good thing. But while it may be a good thing, I feel it goes beyond what CIC requires. In the end, everyone's risk appetite is different and most are more likely to do what others did, if only it makes them feel a bit safer. I think that's what's been going on.

Also note that after submitting POF, the applicant is not immediately off the hook. CIC can always come back to request more POF documentation and a perceptive VO can satisfactorily establish if the applicant is trying to game the system.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by jergins: 10:00pm On Nov 29, 2017
It is so true, we never get to read about rejection here, however, I often time go to Immitracker to follow cases of rejection and read up reason for rejection to avoid failure path when I finally get to the stage.

[quote author=Kontagious post=62818416]

Thank you fellas.

Cochtrane, precedence has it that some if not many got away with such arrangement but sadly, we hardly ever read of rejections/bans on this thread. That does not take away the fact that some do actually get banned, and of course, not a set rule that this POF arrangements leads to rejection/ban. I asked just so we exercise caution and be ready/able to defend whatever document that is put forward.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 10:12pm On Nov 29, 2017
Santino1:

Here is mathematical illustration of what I mean:

Assuming my average balance for the first five months is 20k (e.g (20+20+20+20+20+20)/5) or any other permutations. If in the sixth month I received 40k instead of the usual 20k. My six month average will be 23k instead of 20k despite receiving double the amount in the sixth month.

Don't get me wrong, I understand your point (e.g. a guy having a near zero average for the first five month receiving 90% of his POF in the sixth month would surely raise a red flag. But my point is someone who has about 70-80% of his/her POF over 5 months on average shouldn't raise a red flag because he receives a lump sum in the sixth month.

Just to follow with this train of thought, a lump sum in the sixth month will still not show in the average. The average is the sum over the six months divided by six, while the current balance is the present account balance. I still don't see how the lump sum becomes evident? Or maybe I'm getting it wrong.

Anyways, this is just for discussion only. Applicants should definitely do what makes them comfortable.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by prideandjoy: 10:23pm On Nov 29, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by dupyshoo: 10:25pm On Nov 29, 2017
You don't need gift deed for your property. Just provide proofs of ownership and sale.
Medal007:
So in my case I earn little as a civil servant same as hubby our plan is disposing off properties when we are ready. Someone advised here days ago that cic frown at this but to raise the POF for a family of three we have to go that way so if we are able to dispose this said properties the money is going into an account in lump so will it be nice to go the gift deed way or is the explanation the best or can we just split it into two a part as gift deed and the second explanation with proof of sales
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by jergins: 10:58pm On Nov 29, 2017
Adekoolz:
Hello good people, and many thanks to you all.

I am kinda new here though I have been reading this thread for a week now, pretty long I must confess but I have a question and would really appreciate if someone can guide me.

Brief summary of myself:
I am 24 years and I have about 3 years work experience in Quality Assurance and software testing as well as Project management with an IT firm. I graduated from Babcock university in 2013 and served and been working since then. I recently just decided to pursue immigration to Canada. The question I have now are listed below:

1.I tried to get my WES evaluation done, i have registered and I have my school transcript with me as i had requested for it about 2 years ago, though I have opened the seal but its still signed. can I still use it for my WES evaluation or I have to request for another transcript?

2. Who can point me to IELTS study materials that they have used and proven helpful recently?

3. Is it wise for me to go through EE route or I should try going for my masters in Canada considering my age.

Would appreciate a prompt response.

Thank you all

You do have a better chance cos of your age, if you have a 2 degree, and good IELTS you sure to get PPR.

if you dont have Masters or 2 degrees, aim at highest IELTS Score (CLB 10 - SLRW - 7.5,8.5,8,7.5), sure to get CRS of 441.

use below to assess the possible score

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 11:07pm On Nov 29, 2017
cochtrane:

Just to follow with this train of thought, a lump sum in the sixth month will still not show in the average. The average is the sum over the six months divided by six, while the current balance is the present account balance. I still don't see how the lump sum becomes evident? Or maybe I'm getting it wrong.

Anyways, this is just for discussion only. Applicants should definitely do what makes them comfortable.

Nice one.

If you look at my illustration, a doubling of the monthly average in the sixth only leads to a paltry 3k increase over the six-month moving average. It will show but the effect will be statistically negligible over the moving average.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Obi1conte: 11:13pm On Nov 29, 2017
Hello house
Was there no draw today?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:22pm On Nov 29, 2017
Hello house ...its cool that a lot of people are progressing pls help a sister out...its about the proof of funds..Im not using an agent...now the question is for an individual I read somewhere that its 12300 canadian dollars is 3.5 in naira for one individual.I know the money cnt just be deposited for the purpose of travelling..how can the money be lodged in a way that it wont look like its for this EE purpose?...Do they allow sponsors that are not ones parents?whats the proper way of doing it so as not to be denied visa after struggling to pass language exams...please I need urgent advice...Godbless
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 29, 2017
damkola:
Hello house ...its cool that a lot of people are progressing pls help a sister out...its about the proof of funds..Im not using an agent...now the question is for an individual I read somewhere that its 12300 canadian dollars is 3.5 in naira for one individual.I know the money cnt just be deposited for the purpose of travelling..how can the money be lodged in a way that it wont look like its for this EE purpose?...Do they allow sponsors that are not ones parents?whats the proper way of doing it so as not to be denied visa after struggling to pass language exams...please I need urgent advice...Godbless
You have to prove that the money is yours and not borrowed, so it has to be in your name. In the event that it will be transferred to you by someone else, do a gift deed and notarize it to show the person is gifting you said amount and it's solely for you to use as you deem fit. Please read the cic website for more concrete explanation. Also go through page 0 of this thread. Hope this helps
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by dupyshoo: 11:42pm On Nov 29, 2017
Let's assume you had 20k for the past 5 months and you added 20k in the last month to make the final balance 40k. Your average will be 23k while your current balance will be 40k. That is like 50% of the current balance. It is obvious that the pof was obtained in the last 6 months from this analysis.

The question now is what is termed as lump sum? If you earn up to 20k per month, then it is not a lump sum to you but for someone that earns just 2k per month, 20k is a lump sum.

I think everyone should just put their best and put as much as they can and trust God to perfect the rest.

Santino1:

Nice one.

If you look at my illustration, a doubling of the monthly average in the sixth only leads to a paltry 3k increase over the six-month moving average. It will show but the effect will be statistically negligible over the moving average.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by victory2017: 11:57pm On Nov 29, 2017
mcstan18:

- Visit https://app.hellofax.com/home
- Click on "Get started"
- You may only be able to send (but not receive) fax messages except you pay a subscription fee

I have used this service and WES received my document and updated my profile accordingly in less than 4 hours. That's how efficient it is. I am sure the hard copy I sent via post would still be on its way while this one had already resolved my issues. Enjoy!

Pls l have created account with hello fax. But have not seen where to navigate in sending my docs. Jus bn checking since.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 11:58pm On Nov 29, 2017
dupyshoo:
The question now is what is termed as lump sum? If you earn up to 20k per month, then it is not a lump sum to you but for someone that earns just 2k per month, 20k is a lump sum.

I don't disagree. As a matter of fact, see my earlier post:

Santino1:

Don't get me wrong, I understand your point (e.g. a guy having a near zero average for the first five month receiving 90% of his POF in the sixth month would surely raise a red flag. But my point is someone who has about 70-80% of his/her POF over 5 months on average shouldn't raise a red flag because he receives a lump sum in the sixth month.

dupyshoo:
Let's assume you had 20k for the past 5 months and you added 20k in the last month to make the final balance 40k. Your average will be 23k while your current balance will be 40k. That is like 50% of the current balance. It is obvious that the pof was obtained in the last 6 months from this analysis

Just a minor correction. The keyword in my post is average. having an "average" balance of 20k after 5 months means I must have had at least 100k cumulative within the same time frame. factor that into your calculation above and you get a different picture.

dupyshoo:
I think everyone should just put their best and put as much as they can and trust God to perfect the rest

Again. I agree:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MrsBee: 12:27am On Nov 30, 2017
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, May I have your attention please.

PPR has landed. London VO has finally released me. Glory be to God.

Timelines below.

IELTS LRWS 8,7.5,7.5,7 = Band 7.5
Spouse LRWS 9,9,7.5,7.5 = Band 8.5
CRS 431
EE May 18
ITA May 31
AOR July 11
Medicals Passed July 23
ADR (Travel history) July 23
ADR Submitted July 23
IP1 July 24
NA2 July 26
RPRF Nov 20
ADR (employment, bio data pages & Height&Eye colour Nov 20
ADR Submitted Nov 21
IP2 Nov 23
PPR Nov 29

My fellow LVO peeps still waiting @deeore @yooku @yewwygraceful and co, it shall not tarry by God’s grace.

62 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ddymples: 12:46am On Nov 30, 2017
Congratulations

MrsBee:

Timelines below.

CRS 431
EE May 18
ITA May 31
AOR July 11
Medicals Passed July 23
ADR Submitted July 23
IP1 July 24
NA2 July 26
RPRF Nov 20
ADR Submitted Nov 21
IP2 Nov 23
PPR Nov 29

My fellow LVO peeps still waiting @deeore @yooku @yewwygraceful and co, it shall not tarry by God’s grace.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by agates: 1:00am On Nov 30, 2017
Macy4real200:
Biko which one is MOD again.

Its another licensed examiner for IELTS; i guess because they are still pretty new most people still use British council but a couple of people have used MOD.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 1:05am On Nov 30, 2017
MrsBee:
Nice! Congrats
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by agates: 1:18am On Nov 30, 2017
Kmgb:

I think the time frame is within 10years and not beyond,someone can please clarify

Can someone please clarify this, do we list only visa refusals within the time frame of 10 years or all visa refusals. Gurus in the house help.Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yokus(f): 2:34am On Nov 30, 2017
Huge Congratulations @MrsBee
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by calalili2018: 3:17am On Nov 30, 2017
kay2011:

Can the seniors in the house kindly beg Accra to send my "pick up mail" na. I need my passport fa.

Ok, I no do again. I want my passport to go to Zimbabwe since govt has changed.

Ki lo de gan? CIO kept my application for plenty time, London Visa Office used my application do relay race. As if that was not enough, Accra too dey do them own.

I need my passport o

When did you submit?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 4:36am On Nov 30, 2017
MrsBee:

AOR July 11
PPR Nov 29

Congrats MrsBee. It is indeed the Lord's doing and so marvelous in our sight
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 5:12am On Nov 30, 2017
MrsBee:

Timelines below.

CRS 431
EE May 18
ITA May 31
AOR July 11
Medicals Passed July 23
ADR Submitted July 23
IP1 July 24
NA2 July 26
RPRF Nov 20
ADR Submitted Nov 21
IP2 Nov 23
PPR Nov 29

Congratulations!!! Been a long time coming
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ugoiyke79e: 6:32am On Nov 30, 2017
Congrats MrsBee....so happy for all our lonely londoners....
May u sow & reap bountifully in your new home.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 6:35am On Nov 30, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Your "given name(s)" is your first name and middle name.

Follow the steps in this post to edit.

=GlitteringStar I have updated it but this morning I noticed on the first screenshot my middle name is there but not on the second screenshot shld I b worried pls?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mcstan18(m): 6:45am On Nov 30, 2017
MrsBee:

Timelines below.

CRS 431

Congrats. Someday, it'll be our turn to rejoice

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 30, 2017
MrsBee:

Congratulations MrsBee. Really thrilled for you. Like a bird, may we all escape the fowler’s snare that has become LVO. The snare shall be broken in Jesus’ name!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 7:29am On Nov 30, 2017
Issa rejoicing something. Congrats.
MrsBee:

Timelines below.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by kay2011(m): 7:34am On Nov 30, 2017
calalili2018:

When did you submit?

Submitted at DHL on the 27th October and was delivered to Accra on the 30th October, 2017.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Meoos: 7:41am On Nov 30, 2017
Congrats Sis, so happy for you!!

MrsBee:

Timelines below.

CRS 431
EE May 18
ITA May 31
AOR July 11
Medicals Passed July 23
ADR Submitted July 23
IP1 July 24
NA2 July 26
RPRF Nov 20
ADR Submitted Nov 21
IP2 Nov 23
PPR Nov 29

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Meoos: 7:53am On Nov 30, 2017
Hello e-fam, good morning to you all.
Please I need your input on this.

I submitted an EE application last night and i just got a message on my profile saying that I'm not eligible for FSW.

Education- Masters wes verified

Age- 32

IELTS - 7,6.5, 7,7.5 for LRWS respectively.

Spouse 6.5.7.5,7.5,7 for LRWS respectively too

Family of 5, pof of about 25800CAD

2years+ work experience

As the PA, could that Reading score be the reason for ineligibility? Just wanted to enter the pool first and then retake the English test.

Please let me know if you have a clue, thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 4Barr: 7:54am On Nov 30, 2017
Has anyone with a Canadian Study visa rejection got transferred to London VO or gotten PPR on this thread?

(1) (2) (3) ... (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.