Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (553) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1506049 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by funshobabs(m): 9:58am On Dec 03, 2017
Evaluate ur Msc industrial maths with Wes, write ielts exams and u are good to go. Goodluck
quote author=Jahluv post=62934066]Hello Everyone, Please I am new on this thread and I will like to start my journey to acquire ITA. Though I have read previous post, I will like to ask some few questions.
I currently have B.Ed in Maths and Msc Industrial Maths. I have taught Maths for 7 years in a senior secondary school.

1. I will like to know if I need a provincial teaching certificate before I can apply for ITA as a teacher.

2. Please do I also need a provincial nomination to apply.

3. What province do I stand a chance to get nominated as a Maths teacher.

Please any advice and suggestions to help me migrate to Canada as a teacher will be deeply appreciated.

Thank you.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by funshobabs(m): 10:02am On Dec 03, 2017
A single guy like you can apply but it depends on some factors such as age, highest qualification and ur ielts score. But I will advice you to read, read and read important pages on this thread and CIC website.
Freeman59:
Good morning ppl. I'm new here and still finding it hard to understand everything. but I will like to know, if a single guy like me can apply. I'm not married and will to apply alone. Will I be accepted into the pool?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ribaby(f): 10:10am On Dec 03, 2017
mcstan18:

haba! This one wasn't just about preparedness o. The test was just somehow. I think a few other persons would agree with that
you are sooo right. Am sure even the so called native English speakers won't get most of it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 03, 2017
mcstan18:

It is. Does it affect anything?
I don't know what u are comparing it with. Preparation materials are somewhat different.. Exam condition and tension.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 10:41am On Dec 03, 2017
superdoll:
Pls i have 3 kids and only one is American citizen, i have not obtained Nigerian passport for him yet. do u advice i apply with his american passport or i shuld get him a Nigerian passport and use it for his application

Welcome back optio.nese. We missed u

You can get a Naija passport so that all your info can be same and you don't have to always do something different for him (in terms of the processing). Also, it might be more difficult to get the passport later (due to distance to embassy).

Nothing wrong with using the passports as they are.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 11:11am On Dec 03, 2017
oluwashina1973:
Good people. Happy new month... I am using a pseudo moniker as the main one is well known... by my office colleagues and business associates. .. i comment here very often...My wife has refused to come home from US with my son over some time now.. I have cajoled, begged and threatened to no avail.. .

matter arising!!!

She prefers US to Canada or Nigeria. The crucifix of the matter is.. What is the implication if i decide to embark on this Canny dream alone. ..Can i do married with un-accompanying partner. ? Will i need my partner PCC ? if i do that... Any one experienced something similar... i have searched on nairaland but the closest case i found did not submit to express entry level but chickened out...

biko help a man..

Can you explain to her to do this Canny trip with you? In just 3 years, she would be a citizen and can be doing long trips to the US. She won't have to be illegal.

Peradventure, she doesn't agree, you would have to do it with non- accompanying spouse. She would still have to give you medical etc. You need to do it quick before her visa validity rubs out and she becomes illegal. They may refuse just for that.

Anyways, you could probably be placed under stricter scrutiny. But no ones knows until you give it a shot.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by superdoll: 11:11am On Dec 03, 2017
XX01:

You can get a Naija passport so that all your info can be same and you don't have to always do something different for him (in terms of the processing). Also, it might be more difficult to get the passport later (due to distance to embassy).

Nothing wrong with using the passports as they are.

Thanks alot.
Please being a US citizen as well as Nigerian, wen we get to the stage of filling for citizenship, can we also file for him? Can one have citizenship of 3 countries.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 11:13am On Dec 03, 2017
optionese:
*Slowly opens door, walks in and put my bags down*

I am pleased to report back to duty.

AOR November 15th
Meds passed:30th.

Welcome back. So happy to see that you are continuing this waka. God bless.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 11:16am On Dec 03, 2017
superdoll:

Thanks alot.
Please being a US citizen as well as Nigerian, wen we get to the stage of filling for citizenship, can we also file for him? Can one have citizenship of 3 countries.

Yes you can. But by the time he is entering college, you may want to choose which one he will maintain as Canny/US offer the same advantages but you need to be filing taxes in the 2 countries. By the time you pick which country he will have his university education, you MIGHT want to let go of the other or maybe when he starts working.

Some people keep the 3 so it's yours and his personal choice when it reaches that stage.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by optionese: 11:22am On Dec 03, 2017
XX01:

Welcome back. So happy to see that you are continuing this waka. God bless.

Thank you ,i saw your supersonic speed for PPR.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 11:43am On Dec 03, 2017
optionese:

Thank you ,i saw your supersonic speed for PPR.

Na baba God do am.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 03, 2017
This sounds..
ribaby:
you are sooo right. Am sure even the so called native English speakers won't get most of it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tobey2ng(m): 11:53am On Dec 03, 2017
arizona20:
Dear Friends

Please help a fellow.

WES sent me a mail that verification for my documentation has been sent to my School since 21st of November and up till now my School claims it hasn't been received.

Please what mode does WES use while sending for verification . Mail or Courier.

I have a trusted relative following up with the registrars office on my behalf. I do not just know what to do now as I do not have the time to go to the school myself neither do I know what next to do.
If you read the mail WES sent very well, it was written that it will take 2-3weeks to get response from your institution and they they will resend if no response after the 3weeks. This is what you need to do, ask your institution if they do acknowledge email verification or hardcopy verification because WES will send verification through those 2 means. So, it depends on which means your institution acknowledge. If your institution acknowledge only hardcopy verification, you have to give them minimum of 2weeks as started by WES but if your institution acknowledge email I am afraid you have to disturb your school very well because it has to be immediate if it's email. The bottom line is patience and proper follow up. No rushing, don't fret but building confidence. Work more on your institution in this case. Best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Jahluv: 11:53am On Dec 03, 2017
elfmann:

I would like you to read page Z... and IRCC sites.

Hello,
Thank you for your response. Can you please send me the link to the page since I am unable to link up with the page.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MurphzBee: 12:01pm On Dec 03, 2017
The maximum number of citizenship's a person can have is two. An individual will have to renounce one of the citizenships in the event his/her eligibility is for more than two different nationalities.

superdoll:

Thanks alot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 03, 2017
Jahluv:

Hello,
Thank you for your response. Can you please send me the link to the page since I am unable to link up with the page.

Page zero

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 03, 2017
What?
MurphzBee:

The maximum number of citizenship's a person can have is two. An individual will have to renounce one of the citizenships in the event his/her eligibility is for more than two different nationalities.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ethelia(f): 12:16pm On Dec 03, 2017
MurphzBee:

Not sure I agree with you. I know of people having 4 and even 5. so long as 1 of the countries doesn't prohibit multiple citizenship the only problem would be tax, renewals etc.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ethelia(f): 12:17pm On Dec 03, 2017
sleekysilk:

The email should state if ur message was sent successfully.
Can u please help me with IQAS fax number. A friend needs it. Thank u.

thanks. their number is +1(780) 422-9734.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MurphzBee: 12:44pm On Dec 03, 2017
Having a countries permanent residence is different from obtaining citizenship. A person can become a citizen of another country either by birth or naturalization.

A person cannot be a citizen of more than two countries. Whilst an individual can live in different countries and possess their permanent visas, obtaining citizenship and swearing an oath of allegiance to that particular country through naturalization is a different ball game.

Any person that has more than two valid passports of different countries

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MurphzBee: 12:45pm On Dec 03, 2017
Having a countries permanent residence is different from obtaining citizenship. A person can become a citizen of another country either by birth or naturalization.

A person cannot be a citizen of more than two countries. Whilst an individual can live in different countries and possess their permanent visas, obtaining citizenship and swearing an oath of allegiance to that particular country through naturalization is a different ball game.

If a person that has more than two valid passports of different countries, please confirm from the person how he/she obtained it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ethelia(f): 1:09pm On Dec 03, 2017
MurphzBee:

If a person that has more than two valid passports of different countries, please confirm from the person how he/she obtained it.

I know the difference between citizenship and permanent residence. and I'm talking about citizenship

I know someone who has Nigerian citizenship (from parents), American citizenship (by birth) and 2 citizenships from a Caribbean nations ( citizenship by investment program). that's just 1 example. I know of 3 other people with more than 2 citizenship's and passports (not permanent residence)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by optionese: 1:12pm On Dec 03, 2017
caon:
wooow so good to have u back.

Hi how's your application going. You are the one with law degree from Ghana right ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MisterT: 1:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
Hello Guys does anyone know if you Unilag diploma and Unilag BSc would be considered as two certificates under the express entry system? Also with respect to WES in sending my certificates must it be via courier only. Is there another way/method? If yes please share.

Just to add that the Unilag diploma was a 1 year program and thereafter i was granted admission thru the direct entry route to year 2.

Thanks.

It shall end in Praise
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by caon: 1:45pm On Dec 03, 2017
optionese:

Hi how's your application going. You are the one with law degree from Ghana right ?
nahh,havent applied yet.really good to v u back
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by caon: 1:46pm On Dec 03, 2017
Santino1:

No. They are different. What my post highlighted was that you can use the same photographs for both. The only thing you have to do is use any available photo editing software (I used photoshop) to reframe the soft copy you get from your photo studio into the eAPR dimension.

Printed photo dimension: 50mm by 70mm
eAPR photo dimension: 35mm by 45mm or 420 by 540 dpi (dot per inch which is the most common way of expressing digital photo dimension)

I hope that's clear enough.
thank u so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mcstan18(m): 1:49pm On Dec 03, 2017
ribaby:

Fingers crossed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by moyinoluwa1: 1:57pm On Dec 03, 2017
Mire222:

Congratulations to you too! How did you settle your challenge for extension due to travel plans?

Thanks Sis. PPR came just before I travelled, so my 15days is still on. Thinking of Ottawa, what city are u looking at
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by uniquema: 2:00pm On Dec 03, 2017
Hello house,
Can someone with HND in accounting Upper credit be qualified for express entry?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by optionese: 2:01pm On Dec 03, 2017
caon:
nahh,havent applied yet.really good to v u back
Alright good luck
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Meoos: 2:13pm On Dec 03, 2017
HiredGames:

Are you sure you are not in this for the attention?

GlitteringStar gave a very valid answer. One you didn't acknowledge or gave any attention to.

Peradventure you missed, see below.

Sorry about not acknowledging GlitteringStar's comment, I rechecked my profile and found out it was actually 26800CAD that I wrote and not 25800 hence, that couldn't have been the problem.

What attention are you even talking about? My inability to enter the pool? Somehow for you shaa, thanks all the same.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 2:19pm On Dec 03, 2017
Of course. With your OND and HND, you have more points than someone with just a BSc.
The EE process is fair like that.
uniquema:
Hello house,
Can someone with HND in accounting Upper credit be qualified for express entry?

(1) (2) (3) ... (550) (551) (552) (553) (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.