Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,870 members, 7,802,803 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1501750 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by winter(f): 6:04am On Sep 01, 2017
Thanks

40manlappy:

"Additional Family Information" was not part of the requirement for me. It is either a new requirement or it is specific to your situation.

Couldn't fill the IMM008 completely so I supported it with a cover letter and wrote boldly that there has been no changes in my family composition. Experience shows that either is acceptable especially if your family composition has not changed. Interestingly, some have submitted without including the IMM008 and yet no issues since their family configuration remains unchanged but there is no harm in playing safe.

@Remxyj: Kindly share the links to the two forms. Thank you smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Tdadz: 6:05am On Sep 01, 2017
Pls house, does WES acknowledge receipt of credentials by notifying the applicant thru e-mail?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Issyman(m): 6:08am On Sep 01, 2017
Hello good people! Has anyone got luck with writing remarking?
L 8.0
R. 7.0
W 6.5
S 7.5
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Issyman(m): 6:10am On Sep 01, 2017
Tdadz:
Pls house, does WES acknowledge receipt of credentials by notifying the applicant thru e-mail?

It will be indicated on your profile as the status will change.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:11am On Sep 01, 2017
Good morning Gurus in the house...

Please, how do I change my visa office? I got my PR yesterday and told to submit my passport. However, I would be travelling with the passport, hence can't submit it yet. I'm sending a mail requesting for an extension of deadline and also change of visa office to the UK where I would be till the end of the year.

Would a mail suffice for the change in visa office to the UK? Or I have to fill a CSE (what category should I use if i fill a CSE)?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abby2017: 6:12am On Sep 01, 2017
You can put the LOE if it makes you sleep well at night but putting "(correspondence)" in front of your institution name is more important. Also, if he has visited UK for a different reason in his travel history, then the LOE is important to avoid mixup.

I didn't write any LOE for mine, I put the correspondence thing and listed Nigeria as country of education.

MRSDA:
Hello house, congratulations to all the new PPR recipients....it will be our turn soon.

So all documents uploaded, just trying to cross the is and dot the t's.

Anyone knows if we need to write an LOE for hubby's masters? He did it by distance learning from the UK so he does not need to get a police certificate.

Does this need to be explained? Please help o...we must submit tomorrow! We have danced around this mountain too long :-)

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bigfido: 6:17am On Sep 01, 2017
Issyman:

Hello good people! Has anyone got luck with reading remarking? 6.5 jeeeez!
L 8.0
R. 7.0
W 6.5
S 7.5

You should apply for eor for your writing. You can still make the cut
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by vanbaby: 6:20am On Sep 01, 2017
vanbaby:
Good day house, I am yet to do my medical. I would like to hear from those who have done. I would like to know if I can do it tomorrow which is a public holiday and what medical center would be better to do it, what I need to go with and if there's any other thing I need to do or know. I look forward to a response from you guys.thanks

Good morning house, can anyone help out?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 6:49am On Sep 01, 2017
Canadianfly:

Lol this man sef. grin I think you are wrong oh, what of ladies who used sperm banks?

I think she can do this without the father. List the child as her dependent, select single/never married on her profile.
Then she has to get along by force with the vial or straw, lol grin

Seriously though, I doubt CIC will allow her file PR for the child without the father's approval/consent, married or not married. It could have serious legal implications in the future for them and they'll want to avoid that.

Except of course she declares the child adopted and not from a relationship. In which case, she has to tender adoption papers. And if one-half of the child belongs to a sperm bank, a quality one I hope, she has to tender papers from them which the sperm donor has signed to relinquish all rights to any child brought forth by the power of his liquid explosion (read in Borat's voice!) grin

A final Hitlerian solution is to simply choose "Never Married" and not mention the child. Bam! Then she goes to Canada and abandons the child to the harsh and despicable Nigerian weather. Problem solved.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Bankole1790: 6:53am On Sep 01, 2017
Good morning everybody.I will like to forward my profile to you and I want you to advice me on certain things.First I want to go and join my aunt in Canada,so she advised me to follow the express entry route. I have a Bsc and an Ond.I also have Ican but I have not been Inducted. The question I want to ask is that Do I have to present my Bsc and Ond results for assessment? Or I should only present a Bsc and will they accept only a statement of result from ican ?If I will be needing my transcript do I have to collect it from the school myself or I will only request for it to be sent to them?Also which assessing body should I forward them to?I also want to ask if I can do the assessment without the ielts.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abol4luv: 7:02am On Sep 01, 2017
Hello people, finally saw my result but the listening is d least (6.5) which is d most important. The good news is that I registered for two ielts which would be next week Saturday.
Plz does anyone has ielts study materials? I need it seriously as the test is nxt wk. Also, what is the least score expected from a spouse?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ugoiyke79e: 7:08am On Sep 01, 2017
Abby2017:
You can put the LOE if it makes you sleep well at night but putting "(correspondence)" in front of your institution name is more important. [/b]Also, if he has visited UK for a different reason in his travel history, then the LOE is important to avoid mixup.

I didn't write any LOE for mine, I put the correspondence thing and [b]listed Nigeria as country of education.

Spot on @ Abby2017

FSOFF:

@MRSDA U can put correspondence in bracket in front of the UK masters program when filling the generic application form.

She/he should put (correspondence beside the institition name)

MrsBee:

Yes he does need to explain, it doesn't cost a thing to explain and clear any doubt. Some people have been rejected because of missing PCCs for distant learning degrees, sometimes they reopen the file since it's in error but the stress isn't worth it. Better to dot your i's and cross your t's when you still can.

Very ver true....no need at all for that additional stressor in this journey.

MRSDA:
Hello house, congratulations to all the new PPR recipients....it will be our turn soon.

So all documents uploaded, just trying to cross the is and dot the t's.

Anyone knows if we need to write an LOE for hubby's masters? He did it by distance learning from the UK so he does not need to get a police certificate.

Does this need to be explained? Please help o...we must submit tomorrow! We have danced around this mountain too long :-)

You have been well advised ma/sir. Pls take heed so that we will celebrate your PPR soonest.
Cheers..

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:08am On Sep 01, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I have read through the 820 pages of the previous thread and I must say most of the posters are doing a great job. Thanks.

Please I need guidance on this process.

I have my passport in my maiden name, But my brother said it might complicate things for me and suggested I change my passport to my current surname before starting the process. My challenge is that it might result in further delays. Would it put me in any disadvantage?
Secondly all my certificates except the professional qualifications are in my maiden name. My MBA certificate that I intend to assess through WES is in my maiden name, so I created my WES profile with my maiden name. Is that correct?

Finally on The WES website, after creating my account/profile, there are two options
1. Start Canada application
2. Start IRCC application
Which is the correct one?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Jugdement: 7:09am On Sep 01, 2017
My wonderful people & fellow nairalanders!

Thanks to all that have contributed to this database of knowledge.

PPR at last!!!

ITA - May 17
Application Submitted - Aug 10 (I Submitted application with LOE & evidence of request for the FBI PCC)
AOR- Aug 10
MED Pass - Aug 22
ADR(FBI PCC for Spouse) - Aug 22 (Given 60days to upload).
FBI PCC uploaded to CIC profile - Aug 22
IP1 - Aug 23
2nd ADR (RPRF) - Aug 30
RPRF paid and reciept uploaded - Aug 30
NA - Did not see this status or maybe application went straight to IP2, as it was still at IP1 morning of the 31st
IP2 - Aug 31
PPR -Aug 31

Now i can allow CIC's website to rest grin

Best wishes to all still waiting......... God Almighty shall surely make it happen soon.

Note - Family size - 4, Decent travel history, Zero history of visa rejection for self & spouse.

42 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 7:10am On Sep 01, 2017
vanbaby:

Good morning house, can anyone help out?
Perks made this post about Children's practice in June. Read it.
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/564#57729211

I read somewhere Qlife doesn't open on public holidays.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ugoiyke79e: 7:12am On Sep 01, 2017
Bankole1790:
Good morning everybody.I will like to forward my profile to you and I want you to advice me on certain things.First I want to go and join my aunt in Canada,so she advised me to follow the express entry route. I have a Bsc and an Ond.I also have Ican but I have not been Inducted. The question I want to ask is that Do I have to present my Bsc and Ond results for assessment? Or I should only present a Bsc and will they accept only a statement of result from ican ?If I will be needing my transcript do I have to collect it from the school myself or I will only request for it to be sent to them?Also which assessing body should I forward them to?I also want to ask if I can do the assessment without the ielts.

Pls refer to the page 0 of this thread. All the answers u seek are extensively discussed on d posted links.
In this sojourn, u must have to read and even do self motivated research...
Welkom on board the thread.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:12am On Sep 01, 2017
cochtrane:

Then she has to get along by force with the vial or straw, lol grin

Seriously though, I doubt CIC will allow her file PR for the child without the father's approval/consent, married or not married. It could have serious legal implications in the future for them and they'll want to avoid that.

Except of course she declares the child adopted and not from a relationship. In which case, she has to tender adoption papers. And if one-half of the child belongs to a sperm bank, a quality one I hope, she has to tender papers from them which the sperm donor has signed to relinquish all rights to any child brought forth by the power of his liquid explosion (read in Borat's voice!) grin

A final Hitlerian solution is to simply choose "Never Married" and not mention the child. Bam! Then she goes to Canada and abandons the child to the harsh and despicable Nigerian weather. Problem solved.
Chai...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 7:15am On Sep 01, 2017
Jugdement:

Application Submitted - Aug 10 (I Submitted application with LOE & evidence of request for the FBI PCC)

Congrats!

Remarkable they found evidence for PCC request sufficient. Not surprised though, cos they stated that's as valid.

It's funny how people make their own laws for CIC, even when it should be understood that every application is judged on its own merit.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ddymples: 7:16am On Sep 01, 2017
Hello people,

While filling my EE profile, i could only fill details for my hubby as I wasn't asked for the details of my kids. I have checked everything over and over again but can't seem to find what is wrong. is this the norm or am I getting something wrong?

Pls assist.

Tnx
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ugoiyke79e: 7:16am On Sep 01, 2017
Jugdement:

PPR at last!!!

ITA - May 17
AOR- Aug 10
MED Pass - Aug 22
IP1 - Aug 23
2nd ADR (RPRF) - Aug 30
NA - Did not see this status or maybe application went straight to IP2, as it was still at IP1 morning of the 31st
IP2 - Aug 31
PPR -Aug 31

Best wishes to all still waiting......... God Almighty shall surely make it happen soon.

Note - Family size - 4, Decent travel history, Zero history of visa rejection for self & spouse.

meehhhnnnnn!!! the day is coming when we shall see AOR to PPR of 1 week (i.e 7days)
Congrats judgement!!!

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 01, 2017
linaskreat:
Hi Everyone,

I have read through the 820 pages of the previous thread and I must say most of the posters are doing a great job. Thanks.

I have my passport in my maiden name, But my brother said it might complicate things for me and suggested I change my passport to my current surname before starting the process. My challenge is that it might result in further delays. Would it put me in any disadvantage?
Secondly all my certificates except the professional qualifications are in my maiden name. My MBA certificate that I intend to assess through WES is in my maiden name, so I created my WES profile with my maiden name. Is that correct?

Finally on The WES website, after creating my account/profile, there are two options
2. Start IRCC application
You read 820 pages? Chai

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ddu: 7:19am On Sep 01, 2017
Abol4luv:
Hello people, finally saw my result but the listening is d least (6.5) which is d most important. The good news is that I registered for two ielts which would be next week Saturday.
Plz does anyone has ielts study materials? I need it seriously as the test is nxt wk. Also, what is the least score expected from a spouse?

Let me ve ur email address?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 01, 2017
cochtrane:

Congrats!

Remarkable they found evidence for PCC request sufficient. Not surprised though, cos they stated that's as valid.

It's funny how people make their own laws for CIC, even when it should be understood that every application is judged on its own merit.
Yeah..got some jibes when I said PCC is valid for 12months inspite the fact 3months is always written on it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Issyman(m): 7:30am On Sep 01, 2017
bigfido:

You should apply for eor for your writing. You can still make the cut

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ugoiyke79e: 7:30am On Sep 01, 2017
linaskreat:
Hi Everyone,

I have my passport in my maiden name, But my brother said it might complicate things for me and suggested I change my passport to my current surname before starting the process. My challenge is that it might result in further delays.Would it put me in any disadvantage[b]?I cant imagine how.[/b]
Secondly all my certificates except the professional qualifications are in my maiden name. My MBA certificate that I intend to assess through WES is in my maiden name, so I created my WES profile with my maiden name. Is that correct? It doesnt really matter. just send in your marriage cert/indicate married and state ur new name....both names will appear on ur ECA report

2. Start IRCC application This one

Hi, please study the posts related to your question again.
Its your personal decision to change or not change your name and there is no penalty/disadvantage for either option.
If u choose to change your name, go ahead and apply for it now and if worried about d time,find some capable hands to grease and walk home wit ur new passport within 3 days.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Justiyke4u: 7:32am On Sep 01, 2017
esosa4real:

Pls PM me let me Add u! We have created one which is still in the works because we need more docs especially those working already in Canada so we can share first hand information and ideas.

NB: For contact with Licensed Canadian doctors, (that's difficult cos the one I ve approached is truly busy)
LAWYERS IN THE HOUSE CAN DO THIS AS WELL

I'm sorry for quoting you, just wanted to use your message. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 7:33am On Sep 01, 2017
cochtrane:

Congrats!

Remarkable they found evidence for PCC request sufficient
. Not surprised though, cos they stated that's as valid.

But that's the rule especially for FBI PCC. If you're almost at your deadline and your FBI hasn't come through, you submit with proof that you've requested it. They usually give 2 months deadline to upload it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by pcachuks(f): 7:34am On Sep 01, 2017
Issyman:

Hello good people! Has anyone got luck with reading remarking? 6.5 jeeeez!
L 8.0
R. 7.0
W 6.5
S 7.5

Reading or writing?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 7:36am On Sep 01, 2017
Bankole1790:
Haha. I guess you got a taste of welcome on board this thread already. It's good advice though, I have to tell you. That first page is even better than the former one. A lot of thought was put into it by the creators, so it's understandable that they find it irritating when someone lands here and asks the most obtuse question. There's a video going around the internet where one father was caught spewing "Jesus is Lord!" to his child's indiscretion. You know that vid? How that father felt there and then? That's how it feels sometimes when one sees these enervating questions, lol.

However, I'll try at this instant to answer your questions.

It's good that you have an aunt there. You'll get more points on express entry for that. And yes, she has given you the best advice.

With the little I garner from your small profile, you should qualify easily and get PR. But there's a lot of work involved. It requires patience and fortitude.

You need to send your certificates to WES for evaluation. Please make sure to send ALL your certificates. You never know which could turn out beneficial. Send your BSc, OND, ATS (if you have) and ICAN. You'll have to get your university to send your transcripts, your polytechnic to send your transcripts and ICAN to send your transcripts, all to WES.

If you can manage to get them delivered quickly, that's perfect. If you have them already and they are still sealed and stamped like the university delivered them to you, you can send them on straight to WES for evaluation. Check here for more details www.wes.org/ca/

And yes, you have to write IELTS general training. You can't avoid it. It's a requirement for express entry, else they can't tell if you are able to speak good English. Forget you have lived with English for years and also typed that question above in English. It don't matter to them. They still need some sort of reassurance that you won't burst into Canada and start blabbing away in Yoruba or Igbo or whatever your Nigerian tongue is. So, IELTS it is.

It doesn't stop there. You not only have to write IELTS, you also need to obtain a very good score. Around 8 in listening, 7 in reading, 7 in writing and 7 in speaking. Check here for more details on that www.ielts.org

In summary, you need your credentials evaluated with WES (you obtain what's called ECA) and you need proof that you speak English (Good IELTS score).

If you have more questions, post it here. I'm sure someone will be generous enough to answer, even if it's stupid. But I can't assure you another won't tell you to go back to page 0 sha. And that's for the right reasons.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 7:37am On Sep 01, 2017
@linaskreat A similar issue was just discussed on the previous page (78). Please read up on this and other posts to assist with your application. Cheers

@primeson1 Congrats on your IELTS results.

@Issyman Please consider a remark. All the best!

Congratulations to all new PPR recipients smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 7:37am On Sep 01, 2017
bbaby84:

But that's the rule especially for FBI PCC. If you're almost at your deadline and your FBI hasn't come through, you submit with proof that you've requested it. They usually give 2 months deadline to upload it.
Actually not just for FBI PCC. It's for all PCCs
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 7:38am On Sep 01, 2017
Jugdement:

PPR at last!!!

ITA - May 17
AOR- Aug 10
MED Pass - Aug 22
IP1 - Aug 23
2nd ADR (RPRF) - Aug 30
IP2 - Aug 31
PPR -Aug 31

Congratulations!

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.