Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1501813 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by amoese: 7:39am On Sep 02, 2017
bigfido:

I truly feel gutted for you. He's just being a terrible person. I think you should speak to an immigration lawyer about the situation. I might be wrong with my speculation. I pray your dreams come through. I also feel you can file for sole custody just to be on the safe side as well. Men, we need to do better really.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by amoese: 7:41am On Sep 02, 2017
koonlay5:

In addition, she can swear an affidavit at a Fed High Court, stating she has never been married, has a child, has lost contact with the father and effort to trace him prove abortive

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by amoese: 7:45am On Sep 02, 2017
Justiyke4u:
Why she simply tweet IRCC and direct her confusion to them I'm sure they will advise her properly and she can then save the tweet for future reference in case there is any need to.

Thank you. I will do that.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Owlette: 7:46am On Sep 02, 2017
bigfido:
By the way, who has $23000 CAD that they are not using again or that you want to throw away?
God bless u. If u find abeg tell me o.
All of you getting PPR like this abeg how una raise POF [/color][color=#000099] embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 7:47am On Sep 02, 2017
linuslynx:
Hey people, I didn't do well in ielts. LRSW 5,4.5,7,6 (overall 6). However, hubby as the PA has 8 in listening which brings our score to 461. Is there any need for me to write the test again and hope it won't affect us?

Anybody with similar experience in the house?
There's no point you guys can get ITA with that.
a few pages back someone with about the same ish talked about it and she was answered
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by amoese: 7:48am On Sep 02, 2017
cochtrane:

In order to not jeopardize your chances, don't ask him for consent. Instead, inform him you are making a move to claim full custody of the child and get a lawyer to tell him this. Have the lawyer arrange all the documents for him to sign. Effectively, he'll be "giving consent" this way without knowing. Don't mention Canada to him. Else he may just decide to frustrate your plans.

In summary, make a move to legally obtain full custody of your kid.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 7:51am On Sep 02, 2017
codebrew85:

Okay.

So I sent them a mail today to ask about getting a full refund after canceling, and I got this feedback from them.

Based on the bolded, I think one can still cancel and get a full refund despite having a file number.

Abi, wetin you think?

If you used naira or US dollars to pay, the amount refunded will be far less than what you paid. Because of the bank's rate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Bimpsy99: 8:01am On Sep 02, 2017
I changed my name on international passport post AOR. I raise a CSE with it and they acknowledged three weeks later, created a placeholder for me. My PPR came with the new surname.

I would suggest you start the process of getting the new passport immediately after ietls so that you can use it to submit the application once and for all in order to avoid an ADR. Which ever way you do it. You would be fine. Just ensure the change of name documents are uploaded when submitting.

Kontagious:

My sister, you have absolutely nothing to worry about here. You can change your name post Ielts. We've had a case of one who changed post AOR! ugoiyke79e (I think), she submitted her new passport post AOR and got PPR about three weeks after she did.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 02, 2017
Yes, you are right. I'm still with IQAS. I didn't bother canceling again jare.
XX01:

If you used naira or US dollars to pay, the amount refunded will be far less than what you paid. Because of the bank's rate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 02, 2017
codebrew85:
Yes, you are right. I'm still with IQAS. I didn't bother canceling again jare.
Better.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by winter(f): 8:23am On Sep 02, 2017
Congrats ebho. Pls how much did u pay 4 d Shi courier and how long did it take 2 get back. Thanks [quote author=ebho post=60050234]Hello house,

Got our pick up mail for our stamped passport, family of 4. some few questions I would like to ask,
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 8:25am On Sep 02, 2017
Bimpsy99:
I changed my name on international passport post AOR. I raise a CSE with it and they acknowledged three weeks later, created a placeholder for me. My PPR came with the new surname.

I would suggest you start the process of getting the new passport immediately after ietls so that you can use it to submit the application once and for all in order to avoid an ADR. Which ever way you do it. You would be fine. Just ensure the change of name documents are uploaded when submitting.
Thank you Bimpsy.

cc: La229ra
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 8:38am On Sep 02, 2017
mzjennypher:
Please is it compulsory to add payslips. i have read severally on this thread that payslips may be excluded but today i am reading something else on payslips. House pls help clarify cos i do not intend to attached it.
Just to be clear, IRCC says to add paystubs. One person who did not add had to write a letter of explanation for this https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/259#53421354

But some people have not added and still got their PPR. In the end, every application is judged on its own merit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 8:45am On Sep 02, 2017
yimiton:
When did you raise the CSE and when was your AOR? I raised one to include my spouse's IELTS on Wednesday and the only mail I've received so far is the automatic response. My AOR is 23rd of August.
It takes a while before you get the formal mail notifying you that the docs have been added to your file.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ajujuju2: 8:52am On Sep 02, 2017
perks:

Congrats @Java47..

Congratss babe. (bro?)
Lemme ask d new jamb question:
What was your visa office??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ajujuju2: 8:59am On Sep 02, 2017
bbaby84:

Ehen! See correct advise. �

@cochtrane If i wasnt already married, il have married you for your brain! Lol.

Oya all d warriors can come at me for wanting to marry "for his brain" and not love.

grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by primeson1(m): 9:11am On Sep 02, 2017
I will soon get ita and the pof is really worrying. How will I raise 3.6m in 3 months.. ?

God I put it into your hands o.

Please when is d next crs draw likely to come..?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bigfido: 9:22am On Sep 02, 2017
cochtrane:

In order to not jeopardize your chances, don't ask him for consent. Instead, inform him you are making a move to claim full custody of the child and get a lawyer to tell him this. Have the lawyer arrange all the documents for him to sign. Effectively, he'll be "giving consent" this way without knowing. Don't mention Canada to him. Else he may just decide to frustrate your plans.

In summary, make a move to legally obtain full custody of your kid.

Do you know the irony about life? the good boy will wake up when he is of age to go look for his father. I don't know why men do that. I had a friend in similar situation. Mother told him all the terrible things his father did to her and him. My guy still went to look for his father and took his name. Sigh undecided

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 9:22am On Sep 02, 2017
XX01:

I know and I have put it to test. I have an accompanying spouse. [b]I got the minimum cut off [/b]which gave me 438. If I had gotten the maximum, I would have had 458 and then he would still give me additional 20 points meaning I would have gotten 478. I checked and rechecked.

Then you didn't read my first post properly. Or you're understanding it in another context.
What's the minimum cut off @ bolded? The maximum points you'll get for language as the PA with an accompanying spouse is 128. If and when your spouse takes the test, he or she will add 20 points. If not your maximum point you can get for language is 128 points (CRS points)

I hope I've made myself clearer?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by snt99: 9:33am On Sep 02, 2017
Good day, to all senior's in the house and to everyone making this dream come true, I need your kind advice on this issues kind of confused on this one am the PA, wife and 2 kids on POF is it a family of 4 or 3, I need help on this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 9:36am On Sep 02, 2017
snt99:
Good day, to all senior's in the house and to everyone making this dream come true, I need your kind advice on this issues kind of confused on this one am the PA, wife and 2 kids on POF is it a family of 4 or 3, I need help on this.

Family of 4 ( your family consist of 4 people including you)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 9:37am On Sep 02, 2017
Ajujuju2:

@cochtrane If i wasnt already married, il have married you for your brain! Lol.

Oya all d warriors can come at me for wanting to marry "for his brain" and not love.

grin grin grin
Haha. Na anti-Nicole campaigners go come for you. In case you don't know Nicole from the Living in Canada thread, you don miss hot gist.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 9:41am On Sep 02, 2017
bigfido:

Do you know the irony about life? the good boy will wake up when he is of age to go look for his father. I don't know why men do that. I had a friend in similar situation. Mother told him all the terrible things his father did to her and him. My guy still went to look for his father and took his name. Sigh undecided
Strong point. There was also one Swiss guy who traveled all the way to Nigeria looking for a Nigerian father who couldn't give two shits about his son from a marriage of convenience.
Probably a human thing though, not entirely limited to men, to just feel incomplete when one half is missing. Curiosity about the father/mother can also trigger a feeling of longing.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by snt99: 9:42am On Sep 02, 2017
bbaby84:

Family of 4 ( your family consist of 4 people including you)

@bbaby84 Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 9:48am On Sep 02, 2017
primeson1:

Please when is d next crs draw likely to come..?
6 Sept. Or max 13 Sep.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 9:53am On Sep 02, 2017
40manlappy:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/accra.asp

Looping: MummyJaygirls

Thanks bro, I was too lazy to do this, lol

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 02, 2017
Guys, I am asking on behalf of a friend, can a certificate like this be evaluated by WES? The person has about 3 of them

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 9:57am On Sep 02, 2017
Thanks. I went back to the auto email and noticed they said 10 days turn around time. So, you're very correct.

cochtrane:

It takes a while before you get the formal mail notifying you that the docs have been added to your file.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bedemy: 10:03am On Sep 02, 2017
Justiyke4u:
just sent you a PM. So how do we get other lawyers especially those in canada already to join the group because their input will be of immense value

Just drop your number in my mail so that I can add you to ththe group.

We may not be able to include lawyers already settled in Canada for now except you know anyone that will be willing to join
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 10:13am On Sep 02, 2017
Tee248490:
Guys, I am asking on behalf of a friend, can a certificate like this be evaluated by WES? The person has about 3 of them
I don't think so. That's a course certificate, not a diploma or degree. If he has done many of such towards a diploma, he may be able to lay a claim to the Iron Throne of multiple credentials.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by folamingo: 10:17am On Sep 02, 2017
If it's available, kindly add it. It further authenticates your work experience as claimed. VO will be at ease and might not require further verifications and possibly speeding up processing time. But if there are gray areas, please leave it out, so as not to pour sand in your garri.

mzjennypher:
Please is it compulsory to add payslips. i have read severally on this thread that payslips may be excluded but today i am reading something else on payslips. House pls help clarify cos i do not intend to attached it.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 10:18am On Sep 02, 2017
linuslynx:
Hey people, I didn't do well in ielts. LRSW 5,4.5,7,6 (overall 6). However, hubby as the PA has 8 in listening which brings our score to 461. Is there any need for me to write the test again and hope it won't affect us?

Anybody with similar experience in the house?
There's no point you guys can get ITA with that.

If your score is 461 with ur correct details, u do not need to rewrite.

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.