Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,026 members, 7,799,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment (80870 Views)

Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? / 10 Early Warning Signs Of Diabetes You Should Not Ignore / Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 19, 2017
HIV is one of the primer killer diseases in Africa and all over the world. If you know its early symptoms, you can get timely treatment and stop spreading the epidemic!

here lists 10 early symptoms of HIV every person should be aware of:

1. Sore throat

Surely all on its own this sign does not tell you to have HIV. However, in combination with the below-listed ones it should set an alarm and move you to take the HIV test. Soreness in the throat may precede fever.

2. Fever

It’s a common symptom for all kinds of infections, both viral and bacterial. However, if you got HIV, the fever may last up to 4 weeks, then disappear and reemerge later on for the same period. 77+ percent of all the patients who were diagnosed with early HIV symptoms had a lasting fever.

3. Rashes

As well as other skin problems they may indicate HIV infection. This virus affects the whole body and gets those reactions from all organs, including the skin. So, in a combination with ongoing fever and sore throat, it should alarm you and motivate to take the test.

4. Night sweats

These have nothing to do with just feeling hot. People with HIV sweats have extreme experiences. Their clothes drench and even the bed linens get all wet. Many a time person wakes up and has to change before they can go back to sleep.

5. Lymph nodes’ swelling

Since HIV affects the immune system of the body the most, it may evoke the enlargement of the immune system organs – the lymph nodes. Over half of the patients with early HIV symptoms had it.

6. Joint and muscle pain

This pain may last up to 24 hours. The fits go away and start all over.

7. Headaches

They may not be attached to any other disease. These primary headaches lead to the low quality of life of a person with HIV.

8. Diarrhea

The stomach also reacts to the infection by constant problems and diarrhea.

9. Tiredness

The sense of weakness and fatigue exhausts your energy and makes you feel unable to cope with life.

10. Vomiting

This is how your body reacts to the attack of the virus and lets you know of it.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.naij.com/amp/904864-10-early-symptoms-hiv-every-person-aware-get-timely-treatment.html

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment by jay2pee(m): 11:19pm On Aug 19, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: 10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:29am On Aug 20, 2017
some people out there have really lost the plot....shouldnt WEARING A CONDOM be the only thing to be aware of?!

14 Likes

Re: 10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 20, 2017
Depends on the Individual. You can have HIV for years without showing any of these symptoms. So, Getting tested remains the best way to know ur HIV status.

166 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment by chimeluiz: 7:51am On Aug 20, 2017
Where is the best place in terms of affordability and reliability to get a comprehensive test for hiv and other stds in Lagos
Re: 10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment by Sagay212: 10:02am On Aug 20, 2017
The symptoms mentioned are also symptoms to other infections aside HIV. The best thing is getting tested .

92 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment by Fondlebreast: 1:32pm On Aug 20, 2017
Buhari is HIV-positive. This is the reason they are not telling anyone what is wrong with him.

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment by tossie101(f): 1:33pm On Aug 20, 2017
Nice1
Re: 10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment by Famocious(m): 1:33pm On Aug 20, 2017
I agree with you perfectly.

With my little experience with RVD clients, a lot of married ones (both male and female) conceal their status from their spouses.
Majority do this out of fear while others want to infect their partners deliberately.
Some of them are even reading this post ...
People are WICKED...

80 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment by chris4gold(m): 1:34pm On Aug 20, 2017
Thank God I no get any symptoms. Only that am not sure of the guy below me grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: 10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment by Teacherng: 1:35pm On Aug 20, 2017
Re: 10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment by Harmony92(f): 1:36pm On Aug 20, 2017
nice info

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment by akanbiaa(m): 1:36pm On Aug 20, 2017
Whether there is sign or no sign, whether you expose yourself or not just make sure you go for blood screening its mostly free, I go for test almost every 6 months as a tradition, even though am negative the result boost ones confidence the more, last week I also did hepatitis test it was also negative, they said it can be contacted even thru non sexual means and kills more than AIDS.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment by Chuukwudi(m): 1:36pm On Aug 20, 2017
Feel free to join me.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment by Suspect33(m): 1:37pm On Aug 20, 2017
You are invited to Deeper Life Youth Programme, 22 - 26 August

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment by fk001(m): 1:37pm On Aug 20, 2017
HIV this HIV that
Just abstain and free your mind from unnecessary thought

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment by 1Sharon(f): 1:37pm On Aug 20, 2017
Nigeria has the highest HIV rate in west Africa undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment by TheFlex(m): 1:38pm On Aug 20, 2017
o really...

all these are non specific symptoms please and can present in other illnesses.

A- Abstain B- Be faithful C- Use Condoms D- get tested (Diagnosis) and commence Drug treatment if +VE

meanwhile...

just want to chat...make a new friend rather anonymously!

drop your number or send it as a pm- go to my bio and send an email message.

i'll call back. Yes, i'll do the calling.

Life of a Doctor cool

Blessed to be a Blessing

6 Likes

Re: 10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment by forbizconnect: 1:39pm On Aug 20, 2017
Re: 10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment by 9japrof(m): 1:39pm On Aug 20, 2017
All these rubbishes are plainly unnecessary, abstinence is the key, free from fornication and adultery.

If you are hyperactive sexually, then make sure you wear protection. Avoid unsterilized sharp objects like plague.

Finally HIV test is Important regularly for early detection and treatment.

HIV positive doesn't mean one is damned to die, a good habit and treatment can keep you alive for a long time...

OP be very careful before you even send healthy people panicking...

13 Likes

Re: 10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment by Narldon: 1:39pm On Aug 20, 2017
Cool
Re: 10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment by kindnyce(m): 1:39pm On Aug 20, 2017
OP.u forget to include how to get anti-retroviral drugs cis you've stirred trouble for some people

3 Likes

Re: 10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment by muller101(m): 1:40pm On Aug 20, 2017
HIV can be cured.

1 Like

Re: 10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 20, 2017
Ghen ghen! I'm sure many people's hearts are beating! grin
Please if your heart is beating like a talking drum now, please go and test yourself ASAP!!!

10 Likes

Re: 10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment by correctguy101(m): 1:40pm On Aug 20, 2017
akanbiaa:
Whether there is sign or no sign, whether you expose yourself or not just make sure you go for blood screening its mostly free, I go for test almost every 6 months as a tradition, even though am negative the result boost ones confidence the more, last week I also did hepatitis test it was also negative, they said it can be contacted even thru non sexual means and kills more than AIDS.

The little wound, gives it more attention and it seems or becomes big, let it be and it vanishes.--- Chinese Proverb.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 20, 2017
cheers to those that fvck anything and everything in skirts

cheers to those that love casual sex

cheers to those that invite girls over with the sole aim of fvcking them

cheers to those that belong to the ashewo thread in sexuality section.

May HIV fall on you guys
continue to refuse condom.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment by motive(m): 1:41pm On Aug 20, 2017
On a serious note i sound negative. ..

, but i think d person below me sound positive
Re: 10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment by Arysexy(m): 1:41pm On Aug 20, 2017
Hmmm, got some rashes of recent that made me start thinking and started emaciating due to too much thinking. I summoned courage and got tested. It was negative. The night between d day I got tested and next day I came for d result was d longest night of my life.

I eventually treated the rash with antifungal cream and it cleared. grin

No more chukuchuku again. NEVER! Till I say I do. I no fit put my self into such tension again

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment by Famocious(m): 1:41pm On Aug 20, 2017
Sagay212:
The symptoms mentioned are also symptoms to other infections aside HIV. The best thing is getting tested .

I agree with you perfectly.
Know your status, stay safe, roll with at least partner you can trust !

4 Likes

Re: 10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 20, 2017
akanbiaa:

That thing you are searching for, let's hope one day yu don't find it. grin

Na joke oh..

6 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) / Soldier Uses Bag For His Stomach After Being Injured At The Battlefield. Photo / Oreoluwa Finnih: Patients With Chloroquine Poisoning Now Being Admitted In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.