Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

MY PEUGEOT 206 Will Crank But Will Not Start - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / MY PEUGEOT 206 Will Crank But Will Not Start (3609 Views)

Converted My Peugeot 407 Coupé V6 From Auto To Stick-shift / My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes / My Peugeot 505 V6 New XN1A Engine Conversion Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MY PEUGEOT 206 Will Crank But Will Not Start by thug: 4:22am On Aug 20, 2017
I was going out with my car yesterday, so suddenly it stopped
When I tried starting it, it will crank but will not start. I took to the mechanic, and he said it is an electrical problem that my timing belt is still intact. So the electrician did is best and suggested scanning after which they said is the brain box, they worked on it and it start but after a while it went back to its former state.
Pls, has anyone encounter this kind of problem and how did he resolve it ....
Thank you
NB there is enough fuel and the engine oil is still intact
Re: MY PEUGEOT 206 Will Crank But Will Not Start by princetom1(m): 7:06am On Aug 20, 2017
thug:
When I tried starting it, it will crank but will not start. I took to the mechanic, and he said it is an electrical problem that my timing belt is still intact. So the electrician did is best and suggested scanning after which they said is the brain box, they worked on it and it start but after a while it went back to its former state.
Thank you

Ikenna351
Re: MY PEUGEOT 206 Will Crank But Will Not Start by gambus007(m): 7:08am On Aug 20, 2017
thug:
Thank you

Scan the car and post the codes
You need not to stress yourself
Re: MY PEUGEOT 206 Will Crank But Will Not Start by Sunymoore(m): 7:17am On Aug 20, 2017
The car wants you to be a gentle man and stop your thuggish way.. � � lol. Scan the car and post the codes, Ikenna351 will interpret for you.
Re: MY PEUGEOT 206 Will Crank But Will Not Start by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:18am On Aug 20, 2017
thug:
Thank you

did you hit a pothole just b4 this happened?
Re: MY PEUGEOT 206 Will Crank But Will Not Start by thug: 8:33am On Aug 20, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

did you hit a pothole just b4 this happened?

No
Re: MY PEUGEOT 206 Will Crank But Will Not Start by thug: 7:00pm On Aug 21, 2017
I tried scanning the car today but the two different scanners cannot connect with the vehicle, the electrician is suggesting that I changed the brain box, I don't know how much brain box of Peugeot 206 is worth. I need someone who has had similar problem to help me out and also the prices of the brain box.
Thank you
Cc Ikenna335
Cc gazzuz
Cc any other person that can help
Am becoming frustrated and I don't like the way they are going about the car..
Re: MY PEUGEOT 206 Will Crank But Will Not Start by thug: 7:06pm On Aug 21, 2017
menstrualpad:

Where's your location?

Karu Abuja
Re: MY PEUGEOT 206 Will Crank But Will Not Start by kingreign(m): 7:57pm On Aug 21, 2017
menstrualpad:

Then your problem is very simple. Find kingreign. Don't mind whatever he says he can fix Peugeot. Very well. If ikenna is not available or having his usual party of ego

I stopped fixing Peugeot long ago. Besides, I am not in Abuja at the moment.
Re: MY PEUGEOT 206 Will Crank But Will Not Start by diportivo: 8:46pm On Aug 21, 2017
kingreign:

I stopped fixing Peugeot long ago. Besides, I am not in Abuja at the moment.

dude says we shldnt mind whatever u say tongue
Re: MY PEUGEOT 206 Will Crank But Will Not Start by kingreign(m): 9:18pm On Aug 21, 2017
Check CKP sensor sha. E fit don shift and you go think e dey work, wait o was this car a converted car?.
thug:
Thank you
Re: MY PEUGEOT 206 Will Crank But Will Not Start by gambus007(m): 9:47pm On Aug 21, 2017
menstrualpad:

Bros I have a 307 with transmission issues... Doesn't shift more than gear 2..... Auto tranny. Should it be converted to manual or auto transmission should be replaced. Thanks.
Scan the car.
Re: MY PEUGEOT 206 Will Crank But Will Not Start by kingreign(m): 9:48pm On Aug 21, 2017
Sell him ya scanner bro
gambus007:
Scan the car.
Re: MY PEUGEOT 206 Will Crank But Will Not Start by gambus007(m): 9:52pm On Aug 21, 2017
kingreign:
Sell him ya scanner bro
Sold out! I like dis guy head grin
I no too knw about gearbox i for help am scan the car
Re: MY PEUGEOT 206 Will Crank But Will Not Start by menstrualpad: 9:53pm On Aug 21, 2017
gambus007:

Scan the car.
A Kazeem has worked on it. Before I came on board. And no scan tool is available for Peugeot in this zone
Re: MY PEUGEOT 206 Will Crank But Will Not Start by gambus007(m): 9:54pm On Aug 21, 2017
menstrualpad:

A Kazeem has worked on it. Before I came on board. And no scan tool is available for Peugeot in this zone
Your location?
Abs light on?
Re: MY PEUGEOT 206 Will Crank But Will Not Start by gambus007(m): 9:56pm On Aug 21, 2017
thug:
I tried scanning the car today but the two different scanners cannot connect with the vehicle, the electrician is suggesting that I changed the brain box, I don't know how much brain box of Peugeot 206 is worth. I need someone who has had similar problem to help me out and also the prices of the brain box.
Thank you
Cc Ikenna335
Cc gazzuz
Cc any other person that can help
Am becoming frustrated and I don't like the way they are going about the car..
What kind of scanner did dose electrician use..?
Re: MY PEUGEOT 206 Will Crank But Will Not Start by menstrualpad: 9:58pm On Aug 21, 2017
kingreign:
Sell him ya scanner bro
You gat jokes bro

1 Like

Re: MY PEUGEOT 206 Will Crank But Will Not Start by menstrualpad: 9:59pm On Aug 21, 2017
gambus007:

Your location?
Abs light on?
I will check it tomorrow
Re: MY PEUGEOT 206 Will Crank But Will Not Start by gambus007(m): 10:00pm On Aug 21, 2017
menstrualpad:

I will check it tomorrow
Not your car?
Re: MY PEUGEOT 206 Will Crank But Will Not Start by kolaaderin: 12:46am On Aug 22, 2017
thug:
Thank you

Fuel pump... it will shot down after a while and start again when cool thanks me later
Re: MY PEUGEOT 206 Will Crank But Will Not Start by Peugeot20604: 2:02am On Jun 19, 2023
@gazzuzz

I have went too fast over the speed bump and this happened, can you help me please?
Re: MY PEUGEOT 206 Will Crank But Will Not Start by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:18am On Jun 19, 2023
Peugeot20604:
@gazzuzz

I have went too fast over the speed bump and this happened, can you help me please?

very simple, open bonnet, press this button.

Re: MY PEUGEOT 206 Will Crank But Will Not Start by Peugeot20604: 10:44am On Jun 19, 2023
I do not have this button on peugeot 206 2004
Re: MY PEUGEOT 206 Will Crank But Will Not Start by Peugeot20604: 12:04am On Jun 20, 2023
Can someone please help me where is this button located if not in engine bay?
Re: MY PEUGEOT 206 Will Crank But Will Not Start by Elsueno: 11:35pm On Jun 20, 2023
Peugeot20604:
Can someone please help me where is this button located if not in engine bay?

I don't think the 2004 version of 206 has day particular cut off switch, I have only seen it on earlier models... Perhaps u should check ur fuel pump & it's wirings

(1) (Reply)

Did You Know? (Car Facts) / Volkswagen golf4. 2002 model for sale SOLD SOLD SOLD / MC Oluomo Cars, House, Networth & Updates In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.