Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,884 members, 7,806,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe (15545 Views)

What Are The Essential Doctrines Of Christianity? / Imam Of Peace Warns Christians To Wakeup, Else Radical Muslim Will Consume Them / Pastor Kumuyi: I Will Remove Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life (Throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by adelee777: 6:53am On Aug 23, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
If your life depended on it, is this how you will, without holding back, define God?
What a sloppy attempt and insufficient definition.

So, the noun, god, is just used for superhuman beings only, hmm?

Evidently, you haven't thought well enough over and/or about what God and god means

What excuse are you talking of?
What didn't He do, that you are trying to say, is being attributed to Him?
Was God not simultaneously and concurrently in Heaven and earth?

No, Christ, otherwise called Messiah, who is Jesus, and who is God the Son, didn't anoint Himself
because according to the bible, God, the Son was anointed by God, the Father

He who overcomes,
I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God,

and he will not go out from it anymore;
and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name

- Revelation 3:12

Of course, He did.
Revelation 3:12 precisely is where He said, He will make overcomers pillars in the Temple of His God
What name or word were you expecting Jesus Christ to refer to and/or mention in Revelation 3:12?
Isn't it God you were/are expecting?
Or were you expecting Jesus, to make overcomers, pillars in the temple of Obatala or the temple of alcohol, or the temple of stomach or in the temple of drugs?

You really don't grasp the meaning of that Stephen vision.

Stephen, seeing Christ, on the right hand side of God, means, seeing Jesus Christ, God, the Son, helping and supporting God, the Father, the most, seeing Him, especially at the work God has set out to do.

Jesus, helped God the most, that is why Stephen saw Jesus on the right hand side of God.

Your inadequate definition of God and god, is the reason behind your inability to understand and so not able to figure this and others out

Wow!!! You guys just keep on inventing one fable or the other to try and justify your funny doctrines. Did Jehovah God ever called anybody 'my God' in the bible? You don't need to answer that as I'm tired of your spins. Thanx.
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 7:07am On Aug 23, 2017
adelee777:
Wow!!!
You guys just keep on inventing one fable or the other to try and justify your funny doctrines
Is saying wow, now the new fashion in town because it seems to be catching on.

I'll tell you what is funny, your claim, that guys are inventing fables, when not a single animal has yet been mentioned.
That is hilarious.

adelee777:
Did Jehovah God ever called anybody 'my God' in the bible?
Why can't you stick to one thing and grasp it first before jumping on to another.
You've now brought Yahweh, also known as Jehovah in to the fray
but if asked to explain Yahweh, you'll get stumped

FYI (i.e. For Your Information) Yahweh is God and Yahweh on record, does say, He is God.

adelee777:
You don't need to answer that as I'm tired of your spins. Thanx.
I wasn't really going to because I realise that you're used to scooping petroleum off the earth surfaces, used to plucking pearls off the ocean waves and used to picking up diamonds and charcoals off the streets.

Soft work has turned to hard work or labour, and that's enough for me to begin lose interest

1 Like

Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 6:56pm On Aug 23, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
You sound surprised
If you want something done right
or want it be done, in a very certain or particular way,
then it becomes necessary and best for you, to do it yourself

So that's what God did.
God DIY, by sending Himself.
God, became God, the Father, as well as He became God, the Son
God, a Spirit, came down to earth, embodied in flesh (i.e. human being body) in the person of Jesus Christ, God, the Son

God, the Father and God, the Son, are one

Of course, it clearly is God now.

Or who do you think is the driving force behind Jesus? Who motivates Jesus? Who influences Jesus? Who is Jesus always yielding to? Who sent Jesus?

Please tell now.
Or is it Obatala? Is it alcohol? Is it the stomach? Is it drugs?

Think about when God became God, the Father and also became God, the Son

Also who or what are you expecting Jesus to cry to, if not God.

I have explained this, if not somewhere above, then it'll be in the reply to adelee777

Correction,
God, in His capacity, as God, the Father, spoke from heaven, saying this is my Son, in Whom, Am well pleased with

Same as the last answer above

you have twisted the scriptures. Jesus said am the son of God, you interpreted it as God the son, he said the father sent me you said he sent himself. he said the father you said he means the same as the son. the scripture has been perverted by altering the words to suit our belief.
what you wrote up here is why there are different denominations
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 7:33pm On Aug 23, 2017
walls01:
you have twisted the scriptures.
Jesus said am the son of God, you interpreted it as God the son, he said the father sent me you said he sent himself.
he said the father you said he means the same as the son.
the scripture has been perverted by altering the words to suit our belief.
what you wrote up here is why there are different denominations
Behold, the virgin shall be with child,
and shall bring forth a son,
And they shall call his name Immanuel; which is, being interpreted, God with us

- Matthew 1:23

Walls01, who is the baby in Matthew 1:23 above, whose name is interpreted as "God with us"?
In what form was that and the God with us?
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 7:38pm On Aug 23, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

Walls01, who is the baby in Matthew 1:23 above, whose name is interpreted as "God with us"?

you have greatly misunderstood the scripture. with all the words of Jesus you can't understand.
Immanuel means God with us not God on earth
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 7:47pm On Aug 23, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

read psalm 110:1 God cannot sit in his own right hand. saying God sent himself is the worst thing I have heard about Trinity. Jesus said the father sent me you said he sent himself. the Bible say son of God, you said God the son. please leave the original words of the Bible don't give unbelievers room to ridicule the bible
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 7:54pm On Aug 23, 2017
walls01:
you have greatly misunderstood the scripture. with all the words of Jesus you can't understand.
Immanuel means God with us, not God on earth
1In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God

2He was with God in the beginning.
3Through him all things were made;
without him nothing was made that has been made.
14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us
- John 1:1-3; 14

Oookaaay, so now in light of John 1:1-3 and 14 above, are you insisting and saying God wasn't on earth?
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 7:59pm On Aug 23, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, [i]and the Word was God.
2He was with God in the beginning. 3Through him all things were made;
- John 1-3; 14

Oookaaay, so now in light of John 1-3 and 14 above, are you insisting and saying God wasn't on earth?

God spoke the words to create the word are you saying the word here means Jesus. and again God said my word will not return to me void are you telling me now it means Jesus. please don't follow the lame interpretation of the scripture
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 8:01pm On Aug 23, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, [i]and the Word was God.
- John 1-3; 14

Oookaaay, so now in light of John 1-3 and 14 above, are you insisting and saying God wasn't on earth?

Jesus himself confess the father sent me I go to the father, why is it difficult to understand. please read Hebrew 1:1-end and get who Jesus is please read it
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 8:03pm On Aug 23, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
- John 1-3; 14

Jesus is the beginning of God creation
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 8:26pm On Aug 23, 2017
walls01:
read psalm 110:1
Why don't paste here what Psalm 110:1 says?
I can bet my bottom dollar, you've misunderstood it

walls01:
God cannot sit in his own right hand
The earlier Stephen explanation I gave, understandably, went over your head

walls01:
saying God sent himself is the worst thing I have heard about Trinity
The truth, always, will set you free, but first it will piss you off

walls01:
Jesus said the father sent me, you said he sent himself.
The Bible say, son of God, you said, God the son
What Jesus said and what I said are true.
What the Bible says and what I said, also is true

walls01:
please leave the original words of the Bible don't give unbelievers room to ridicule the bible
I haven't even posted anything on this thread yet, about the original words of the Bible.
You don't even know what the original words of the bible are, because if you do, you wouldn't in the manner you did, be referring me to Psalms 110.1

Unbelievers ridiculing the bible is the least of your concerns because any that does, do it at their own peril
I understandably know, you're out of your depth.
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 8:40pm On Aug 23, 2017
walls01:
God spoke the words to create the word are you saying the word here means Jesus.
and again God said my word will not return to me void are you telling me now it means Jesus. please don't follow the lame interpretation of the scripture
SMH. You make me laugh, as I am no match for your ignorance

Please, if at all you haven't picked up anything so far, take aboard that, context is king
How you managed to not properly understand John 1:1-3 and Isaiah 55:11 is unfortunate.

Did Jesus return void, unaccomplished?
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by adelee777: 9:14pm On Aug 23, 2017
walls01:

read psalm 110:1 God cannot sit in his own right hand. saying God sent himself is the worst thing I have heard about Trinity. Jesus said the father sent me you said he sent himself. the Bible say son of God, you said God the son. please leave the original words of the Bible don't give unbelievers room to ridicule the bible

Bro there is nothing you can say to convince a trinity believing guy dat has made vp his mind not to follow scripture. They will always have a way of spinning it, sometimes to downright comical levels. Josef Goebbels said 'when a lie is repeated over and over it starts sounding like the truth'. That's their case. Shalom.
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 9:27pm On Aug 23, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Why don't paste here what Psalm 110:1 says?
I can bet my bottom dollar, you've misunderstood it

The earlier Stephen explanation I gave, understandably, went over your head

The truth, always, will set you free, but first it will piss you off

What Jesus said and what I said are true.
What the Bible says and what I said, also is true

I haven't even posted anything on this thread yet, about the original words of the Bible.
You don't even know what the original words of the bible are, because if you do, you wouldn't in the manner you did, be referring me to Psalms 110.1

Unbelievers ridiculing the bible is the least of your concerns because any that does, do it at their own peril
I understandably know, you're out of your depth.

out of my depth. am trying to let you understand simple part of the Bible.I told you to read Hebrew 1:1-end that will reset your thinking
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 9:40pm On Aug 23, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
SMH. You make laugh as I am no match for your ignorance

Please, if at all you haven't picked up anything so far, take aboard that, context is king
How you managed to not properly understand John 1:1-3 and Isaiah 55:11 is unfortunate.

Did Jesus return void, unaccomplished?

why is Jesus referred to the lamb of God that was slained
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 9:50pm On Aug 23, 2017
walls01:
out of my depth.
am trying to let you understand simple part of the Bible.
I told you to read Hebrew 1:1-end that will reset your thinking
If you had read, as in, really read, Hebrews, the whole chapter 1, you would have noted references to verses from the Messianic Psalms and spotted, when God, precisely became Father and/or became Son
but of course, you can't,
because you're working very hard to stay and remain ignorant to truth
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 10:09pm On Aug 23, 2017
adelee777:
Bro there is nothing you can say to convince a trinity believing guy dat has made up his mind not to follow scripture. They will always have a way of spinning it, sometimes to downright comical levels.
Josef Goebbels said 'when a lie is repeated over and over it starts sounding like the truth'. That's their case. Shalom.
Don't even go trinity there.
Have you, in any slightest manner, ever read me anywhere canvassing trinity?
There you are. I didn't think so.
Now retract your remark because lied.

God, for the fact, so far, having revealed Himself in 3 persons doesn't mean He is restricted to 3.
God can't be boxed, God is limitless.
God is ∞-persons.

God's name is YHWH, also referred to as Yahweh.
It is a self disclosing name meaning, I AM I AM
God, will be whatever, He wants to be.
God, shall be whatever, He shall be
God, is I AM THAT I AM

The clichés, naivety & surface knowledge peddled on this page and the last two-three ago are something else.
Jesus, too, once was baffled of Nicodemus, that, in John 3:10, He couldn't hold back not asking:
“You are the teacher of Israel,
and do you not know these things
?
(i.e. yet you do not understand these things?)

FYI, I live, breathe, sleep and believe in the word and Word.
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 24, 2017
iliyande:
Is it okay to have differences in our biblical understanding? What essential truths should every Christian believe in?

Non-Essential Doctrines

Some things are not worth dying on the hill for; such things as the rapture, the millennium, the Great Tribulation, the gift of tongues, and a host of other various beliefs that are enveloped within the category of non-essentials. A person can go to heaven and not believe in the rapture. Others can believe in speaking in tongues while others don’t, and they’re both going to heaven. It’s not that Christians should divide over things in the Bible, but we all come with baggage about what we believe and why we believe it. The non-essentials should never be grounds for debate or arguments. Differing beliefs is not supposed to be a battle ground but a place where we seek common ground. We agree on the essentials (John 4:16; Act 4:12; Rom 10:9-13) but can agree to disagree on those things not essential to our salvation. The point is, we can disagree while not being disagreeable.

Jesus’ Sinless-ness

There are some things that all Christians should believe in. For example, Jesus’ sinless-ness is something we don’t compromise with as Christians. He is and has always been without sin, because as God, God cannot sin and it is contrary to His nature, unlike ours (Prov 4:17). The Apostle Paul declares that “For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God" (2nd Cor 5:21). Our righteousness is supplied by Christ’s very own righteousness, so if Jesus isn’t righteous or without sin, we’re still dead in our sins, but of course, we know Jesus never once sinned. The Apostle Peter writes that we were redeemed “with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot" (1st Pet 19), so “as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, since it is written, ‘You shall be holy, for I am holy’" (1st Pet 1:15-16). God is holy, Jesus is God, therefore Jesus is Holy and without sin. You do not have the gospel without a Spotless Lamb!

Jesus’ Divinity

If you read the Gospel of John, you can read the seven “I Am’s," and in each one, Jesus points them back to the wilderness, and their utter dependence upon God for life, and in this way, Jesus shows that we absolutely dependent upon trusting in Christ. You cannot have eternal life without believing in Him (John 3:18, 36), but you must believe that Jesus is also God. The Jews wanted to stone Him because He made Himself one with God, which He is (John 8:59), saying, “Jesus said to them, ‘Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am’" (John 8:58), but Jesus was exactly right…He was equal with God and was God. Some cults who claim to “believe in Jesus," believe in a Jesus that doesn’t exist; in a created Jesus. That’s not possible because Jesus was with God and was God in the very beginning (John 1:1-2). Unless a sinless God-Man is given for us and our sins, we don’t have a Savior. We will die in our sins. Jesus once said, “Which one of you convicts me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me" (John 8:46)? I noticed that no one spoke up to accuse Him, and even Pilate declared “I find no fault in the man" (Luke 23:4).

No Works, Just Christ

Some religious groups teach that we are to observe a certain day of the week, others say we should observe some of the holy days of ancient Israel. Still others say we should tithe 10%, but it is far too easy to start adding to the finished work of Christ. It’s like Sabbath + Christ = Eternal Life, but the truth is, Christ + Works = Nothing! There is only one way we are saved and that is by grace, and it’s a gift of God and cannot be earned by a million lifetimes of works. It is Christ + Nothing = Eternal Life. Ephesians 2:8-9 declare, “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." Anything added to the gospel or the way salvation is attained renders it works. Jesus redeemed us from the curse of the law (Gal 3:13), so why would we ever want to go back to that? “The law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian" (Gal 3:24-25). We trust in Christ’s work at Calvary, not our own works which are no better than filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6). Jesus said it is finished or paid in full (John 19:30), so we have no business tampering with it. Even though we’re not saved by works, a salvation without works is a dead-on-arrival faith (James 2:14-26). We’re not saved by works but for works that God has prepared for us to do (Eph 2:10).

Heaven and Hell

Jesus actually spoke twice as much about hell as He ever did heaven. Why? Because He desired that no one would go there. I’m mystified by the fact that only 74 % of evangelical Christians believe in heaven while 59% of Americans believe in a literal hell. [1] Part of that is the fault of the pulpit. Fewer pastors want to step on anyone’s toes and mention hell. You can’t market the church very well by preaching and teaching on the reality of hell. Jesus is a softer sell to the public. My question to the 26% of Christians who don’t believe in heaven is why not?

Jesus is the Only Way

Finally, and perhaps the hardest to accept in this society, is the exclusivity of Jesus Christ as being the one and only way to be saved. The Apostle Peter said, “there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved" (Acts 4:12). Jesus declared, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6), and no one means none can come to the Father, but only through Jesus Christ. Period! He isn’t one of many ways or one of a few ways, but the one and only way for everyone. Jesus said, “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day" (John 6:44). We’re back to that “no one" statement again. No one can possibly go to the Father unless A happens; The Father draws them, and B; they come to, and then through Christ.

Conclusion

If you cannot agree with Jesus’ sinless-ness, His divinity as being God, as that it’s in Christ alone we’re saved, and that Jesus is the one and only way to enter the kingdom, and there is no other way given to us to be saved than by God granting us repentance and then trusting in Christ. The next time someone asks you, “What must I do to be saved?" you can answer like Paul did: ‘Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household’" (Acts 16:30-31).

OP, God will bless you.

You just perfectly summarized all I have been telling fellow Christians especially the Jehovah Witnesses who like to act like it is a Christendom Vs J.W thing.

This is really no need for all the doctrinal differences as long as you understand perfectly that no matter your Christian denomination or religion (be your a Muslim or Christian, Atheist or Traditionist). There is no Salvation & Eternal Life except you believe in Jesus Christ.
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 24, 2017
Sniper12:
The most confused religion is xtianity

If only you knew Christianity is not supposed to be a religion but a lifestyle for those who will model their lives after the only beloved Son of God Jesus who is your only hope of Eternal Life then you want make that blind statement.
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 7:18pm On Aug 24, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
If you had read, as in, really read, Hebrews, the whole chapter 1, you would have noted references to verses from the Messianic Psalms and spotted, when God, precisely became Father and/or became Son
but of course, you can't,
because you're working very hard to stay and remain ignorant to truth

you either do not understand or you have intentionally twisted the Bible.I know you don't know what begotten means, neither do you know the difference between father and son. you don't know what I sent you is or I send myself loL.
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 8:52pm On Aug 24, 2017
walls01:
you either do not understand or you have intentionally twisted the Bible
Obviously you haven't understood and that's what has made you incorrectly think the Bible intentionally is being twisted

walls01:
I know you don't know what begotten means, neither do you know the difference between father and son.
If it makes you feel better, be deceiving yourself there.

For unto us a Child is born,
unto us a Son is given:
and the government shall be upon His shoulder:
and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God,
The everlasting Father,
The Prince of Peace.

- Isaiah 9:6

That Isaiah 9:6 above aside, you really ought to, at least and for a start,
be asking yourself the following questions:
#1 Why did the God, need to become, God, the Father?
#2 Why did God, need to become, God, the Son?
#3 Why did God, stick to this means and follow these protocols?

walls01:
you don't know what, I sent you is
or I send myself
Seems, you aren't used to or you aren't familiar with the term; incarnation

I'll ask you this question again that you've stylishly ignored:
Is it impossible for God to simultaneously and concurrently be in Heaven and earth at any moment of time?
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 6:49pm On Aug 25, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Obviously you haven't understood and that's what has made you incorrectly think the Bible intentionally is being twisted

unto us a Son is given:
The everlasting Father,
The Prince of Peace.

Is it impossible for God to simultaneously and concurrently be in Heaven and earth at any moment of time?

no, he don't need to do that he fill the heaven and earth. you misunderstood what Isaiah is saying. let me help you to understand. sit at my right hand until I make the enemy your footstool Hebrew 1:13 read it slowly God said to Jesus sit on my right hand until I make your enemy your footstool, not make my enemy.
you keep saying God the son please which verse is that?
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 6:57pm On Aug 25, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

unto us a Son is given:
The everlasting Father,
The Prince of Peace.

Jesus is the son of God that makes him a God, like a son of an Italian is an Italian.
it is wonderful chatting with you I best like your great control of your emotion and you did mind what you write. what we are arguing will not make us better or less Christian. Jesus is son of God heir to all things created Hebrew 1:2.
keep the passion for Jesus going goodbye
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 7:02pm On Aug 25, 2017
adelee777:

Bro there is nothing you can say to convince a trinity believing guy dat has made vp his mind not to follow scripture. They will always have a way of spinning it, sometimes to downright comical levels. Josef Goebbels said 'when a lie is repeated over and over it starts sounding like the truth'. That's their case. Shalom.

Hi, most times I don't feel like replying cause I know it is futile. but the hand of the lord is upon me and prevent me from backing out. he let me know most conversation is not about me or who am conversing with but a wider audience that is reading it less they become convinced and deceived
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 7:58pm On Aug 25, 2017
walls01:
no, he don't need to do that he fill the heaven and earth. you misunderstood what Isaiah is saying. let me help you to understand. sit at my right hand until I make the enemy your footstool Hebrew 1:13 read it slowly God said to Jesus sit on my right hand until I make your enemy your footstool, not make my enemy
you keep saying God, the Son,
please which verse is that
?
unto us a Son is given:
The everlasting Father,
The Prince of Peace.

The same verse as above.
Don't you remember stylishly ignoring it
Anyways, I am now getting used to your feigning and delayed tactics

You won't find a verse with the term, God, the Son per se
however Isaiah 9:6, is where I highlighted, with emphasised underlines, showing Jesus prophesied to be born a Son,
then be respectively called mighty God and everlasting Father

1 Like

Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 7:59pm On Aug 25, 2017
walls01:
Jesus is the son of God that makes him a God, like a son of an Italian is an Italian
Jesus is the Son of God because He was begotten by God

And as many as received Jesus, to them, too, has been given the authority or power to become sons of God, even to them that believe on Jesus' name

I like your oversimplified Italian analogy,
but now indulge me,
Is this Italian, a spirit at all?
Is this Italian, able to manifest his Italian self in flesh
?

walls01:
it is wonderful chatting with you
The feeling is mutual

walls01:
I best like your great control of your emotion and you do mean did mind what you write
The control is down to grace and out of a labour of love
Control, self control, to be precise, is part of the fruit of the Spirit

walls01:
what we are arguing will not make us better or less Christian
We are not arguing brother, rather we, according to our understanding levels, are airing

walls01:
Jesus is son of God heir to all things created Hebrew 1:2
I second that and say Jesus is more

walls01:
Keep the passion for Jesus going goodbye
Ditto
You do same too until our paths cross again
when you are ready to answer:

2 Likes

Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 7:54am On Aug 26, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
unto us a Son is given:
The everlasting Father,
The Prince of Peace.

The same verse as above.
Don't you remember stylishly ignoring it
Anyways, I am now getting used to your feigning and delayed tactics

You won't find a verse with the term, God, the Son per se
however Isaiah 9:6, is where I highlighted, with emphasised underlines, showing Jesus prophesied to be born a Son,
then be respectively called mighty God and everlasting Father

let me help you, the verse say he shall be called mighty God the everlasting father, not he is the everlasting father. more like he shall be called Andrew or Emmanuel
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 8:03am On Aug 26, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Jesus is the Son of God because He was begotten by God

And as many as received Jesus, to them, too, has been given the authority or power to become sons of God, even to them that believe on Jesus' name

I like your oversimplified Italian analogy,
but now indulge me,
Is this Italian, a spirit at all?
Is this Italian, able to manifest his Italian self in flesh
?

The feeling is mutual

The control is down to grace and out of a labour of love
Control, self control, to be precise, is part of the fruit of the Spirit

We are not arguing brother, rather we, according to our understanding levels, are airing

I second that and say Jesus is more

Ditto
You do same too until our paths cross again
when you are ready to answer:

I will not say impossible because nothing is impossible with God. to be on earth and heaven is not necessary that is the job of the holy spirit which he gave to all according to measures
you did not answer my question in Hebrews God told Jesus to sit in his right hand until he make his enemy his footstool please explain how God sit in his own right hand and how he refers to himself as though he his talking to another being
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 8:37am On Aug 26, 2017
walls01:
I will not say impossible because nothing is impossible with God
There you are, so why are throwing up hands, insisting that God isnt Jesus then?
Why does it sound strange to you, for God, at the same time, be a Father in Heaven and be a Son on earth?

Again, I will say, and repeat, in light of the earlier provided Isaiah 9:6 given with underlined FYIs, you really ought to, at least and for a start,

walls01:
to be on earth and heaven is not necessary
This remark sums up the reason why you've dug your heels in the ground because you don't realise that it isn't a matter of necessity but it is the reality

walls01:
that is the job of the holy spirit which he gave to all according to measures
The Holy Spirit had been involved right from the beginning.

How do you think Mary had God?

Chief, c'mon now, haba, are you really tongue in cheek seriously, suggesting that the Holy Spirit was given the task of salvation, atonement and redemption?

walls01:
you did not answer my question in Hebrews God told Jesus to sit in his right hand until he make his enemy his footstool please explain how God sit in his own right hand and how he refers to himself as though he his talking to another being
I already have answered bro, check up the thread again
and if you come back, saying you can't find it
then I don't my repeating and/or re-hashing it.

For now and/or at the moment,
you do understand, the sentiment behind
the phrase "my right hand man"?
Don't you?
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 12:20pm On Aug 26, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
There you are, so why are throwing up hands, insisting that God isnt Jesus then?
Why does it sound strange to you, for God, at the same time, be a Father in Heaven and be a Son on earth?

Again, I will say, and repeat, in light of the earlier provided Isaiah 9:6 given with underlined FYIs, you really ought to, at least and for a start,

This remark sums up the reason why you've dug your heels in the ground because you don't realise that it isn't a matter of necessity but it is the reality

The Holy Spirit had been involved right from the beginning.

How do you think Mary had God?

Chief, c'mon now, haba, are you really tongue in cheek seriously, suggesting that the Holy Spirit was given the task of salvation, atonement and redemption?

I already have answered bro, check up the thread again
and if you come back, saying you can't find it
then I don't my repeating and/or re-hashing it.

For now and/or at the moment,
you do understand, the sentiment behind
the phrase "my right hand man"?
Don't you?

I see your belief is blinding you. let me help you more revelation 3:11-13 I will quote this time. I read behold I come quickly; hold fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. 12- him that overcome will I make a pillar in the temple of my God and he shall go no more out and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is the new Jerusalem. which cometh down from my God and I will write upon him my new name.
you notice how many times Jesus referred to God and note also he will have a new name.
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by MuttleyLaff: 1:45pm On Aug 26, 2017
walls01:
I see your belief is blinding you
On the contrary, it is you that is blind to the truth

Since you have a firmly closed mind
it will be only by the sheer grace of God and power of the Holy Spirit you will notice the light to ever see the truth of this matter

walls01:
let me help you more revelation 3:11-13
I will quote this time. I read
11-behold I come quickly; hold fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
12- him that overcome will I make a pillar in the temple of my God and he shall go no more out and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is the new Jerusalem. which cometh down from my God and I will write upon him my new name.
13-He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches
When I earlier asked you, to define the noun; God, I bet you thought, I didn't have a valid reason for making the request.

OK now, why dont you put, your answered definition of God, into everywhere in Revelation 3:12 where God is mentioned, instead of reading or seeing God, to see the inadequacy of the definition of God you gave.

Here are a few more questions, but please don't evade answering them, like you've been doing to almost all previous ones.
I almost literally had to twist your arm behind your back before you involuntarily answered one of them

1/ What is God's name?
2/ What is the name of the Father?
3/ Without necessarily talking of trinity, how many to your knowledge are called God?
4/ Do you accept, agree and believe that Jesus is God?
5/ Has Jesus, to His face, ever directly been addressed as God
or has He to His face, ever directly been called God?

walls01:
you notice how many times Jesus referred to God
Who else were you expecting Jesus to refer to?
Were you expecting Him to refer to Amadioha, or to Sango, or to Obatala?

What else were you expecting Jesus to refer to?
Were you expecting Jesus to refer to alcohol, or to drugs or to His stomach?

Why are you surprised to notice Jesus referring to God?
I am not surprised because it makes perfect sense that Jesus refers to God

Please review and take a long time to thoroughly think over your definition and understanding of the noun; God

walls01:
and note also he will have a new name
What's wrong in God having a new name?

Are you surprised that God will be giving Himself a new name?

Is God not allowed or permitted to give Himself a new name ni?
Afterall, there will be a new heaven, a new Jerusalem, a new earth, new bodies.

It's called what's in vogue bro.
Let God treat Himself too, by calling Himself by a new name
He deserves the new name because He worked hard for it
Re: The Essential Doctrines For All Christians To Believe by walls01: 9:49pm On Aug 26, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
On the contrary, it is you that is blind to the truth

Since you have a firmly closed mind
it will be only by the sheer grace of God and power of the Holy Spirit you will notice the light to ever see the truth of this matter

When I earlier asked you, to define the noun; God, I bet you thought, I didn't have a valid reason for making the request.

OK now, why dont you put, your answered definition of God, into everywhere in Revelation 3:12 where God is mentioned, instead of reading or seeing God, to see the inadequacy of the definition of God you gave.

Here are a few more questions, but please don't evade answering them, like you've been doing to almost all previous ones.
I almost literally had to twist your arm behind your back before you involuntarily answered one of them

1/ What is God's name?
2/ What is the name of the Father?
3/ Without necessarily talking of trinity, how many to your knowledge are called God?
4/ Do you accept, agree and believe that Jesus is God?
5/ Has Jesus, to His face, ever directly been addressed as God
or has He to His face, ever directly been called God?

Who else were you expecting Jesus to refer to?
Were you expecting Him to refer to Amadioha, or to Sango, or to Obatala?

What else were you expecting Jesus to refer to?
Were you expecting Jesus to refer to alcohol, or to drugs or to His stomach?

Why are you surprised to notice Jesus referring to God?
I am not surprised because it makes perfect sense that Jesus refers to God

Please review and take a long time to thoroughly think over your definition and understanding of the noun; God

What's wrong in God having a new name?

Are you surprised that God will be giving Himself a new name?

Is God not allowed or permitted to give Himself a new name ni?
Afterall, there will be a new heaven, a new Jerusalem, a new earth, new bodies.

It's called what's in vogue bro.
Let God treat Himself too, by calling Himself by a new name
He deserves the new name because He worked hard for it

muttleylaff calm down, why are you interpreting the bible. I gave you direct verse from the Bible you are giving me interpretation. running round and hiding under questions. Jesus is the beginning of God creation Rev 3:14 he was begotten by God psalm 2:7 John 3:16 Jesus confirmed this by saying my God as in John 20:17 Rev 3:12. Jesus called himself son of God not God the son. Jesus said the father sent me not I sent myself.
brother why are you interpreting the Bible

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Prophetess Faith Aigbe Set To Storm Ghana / Primate Ayodele Warns Buhari On COVID-19, "Aso Rock Needs Cleansing" / Using Casket For Burial In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.