Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Grace Mugabe Claims She Beat Up South Africa Model To Protect Herself - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Grace Mugabe Claims She Beat Up South Africa Model To Protect Herself (22986 Views)

Grace Mugabe's Cars Stopped From Leaving Zimbabwe. Photos / Photo Of Grace And Robert Mugabe After Resignation Has Gone Viral Online / "Grace Mugabe Sleeping With Cabinet Ministers" Army To Mugabe - ZambianObserver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grace Mugabe Claims She Beat Up South Africa Model To Protect Herself by unitysheart(m): 3:57pm On Aug 20, 2017
cantok:

Please come to Nigeria and assault me sad sad sad

It fit be death o.
Re: Grace Mugabe Claims She Beat Up South Africa Model To Protect Herself by higgs: 3:58pm On Aug 20, 2017
A wild and manipulative woman who is taking undue advantage of the fact that her husband is old and silly.

1 Like

Re: Grace Mugabe Claims She Beat Up South Africa Model To Protect Herself by Burgerlomo: 4:03pm On Aug 20, 2017
Another relative of Lai Mohammed spotted in far away Zimbabwe, can you just imagine that she claimed she beat up the helpless girl to defend herself when all the security details attached to her as the first lady was there to protect her from any form of harm.

2 Likes

Re: Grace Mugabe Claims She Beat Up South Africa Model To Protect Herself by Koskio(m): 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2017
All animals are equal but some are more equal than others
Re: Grace Mugabe Claims She Beat Up South Africa Model To Protect Herself by tydi(m): 4:22pm On Aug 20, 2017
i am really ashamed of youth of this our time that nobody is condeming her sons of gangbanging that is not Africans culture the woman i guess! she is carrying out her parental duties which any mother will do more.

pls some people should think before typing.
Re: Grace Mugabe Claims She Beat Up South Africa Model To Protect Herself by tydi(m): 4:27pm On Aug 20, 2017
higgs:
A wild and manipulative woman who is taking undue advantage of the fact that her husband is old and silly.

pray you live upto half his age or his achievments!

and i ask you to shut up and be of good morals!!

have respect for elders else your children will definately throw shit @your face!!!
Re: Grace Mugabe Claims She Beat Up South Africa Model To Protect Herself by Eniolajay1519: 5:02pm On Aug 20, 2017
YomzzyDBlogger:
[img]https://2.bp..com/-oksQ2C5fMnM/WZk-_5nTQOI/AAAAAAAADBQ/BQEsdnGm8rcNoKx5lYu3HUAzyzYTylT-gCLcBGAs/s320/gra.jpg[/img]

Zimbabwe’s first lady Grace Mugabe has told South African officials that she hit 20-year-old Gabriella Engels with an extension cord in an act of self-defence.

Mugabe claims she was in fact the victim in the attack that happened last Sunday in a flat in Sandton. This allegedly took place in the presence of numerous body guards.

South African news website – iol.co.za reports:

This is according to highly-placed sources privy to the case.

“Mugabe is adamant on the issue of protecting herself because she feels she was attacked.

She says she was attacked by the victim and that she also has her own injuries which she is not going to publish in the media,” said one source.

The assault, which happened last Sunday has Zimbabwean and South African officials scurrying behind the scenes to try to defuse what has become an embarrassing international incident that has brought the diplomatic relations between the two neighbours under intense scrutiny.

Engels claims Mugabe assaulted her after she found her with her sons, Robert jr and Chatunga Bellarmine.

But it appears that the pair, known for their high-rolling lifestyles, also faced their mother’s wrath that night.

“People are not talking about the fact she did the same to her kids. She beats her kids too,” the source said.

Engels received cuts and bruises and had to crawl out of the room to escape, she claimed. She said that Mugabe’s bodyguards stood by and watched.

Since the attack, civil rights organisation AfriForum, has decided to represent Engels and the “Bulldog” advocate Gerrie Nel has taken the case and is hoping to get the Zimbabwean first lady in the dock, despite government’s fears of diplomatic fallout.

When asked why Mugabe didn’t open a police case against Engels, the official said that Mugabe didn’t see it that way. The official explained how the incident had placed the SAPS in a predicament.

“Yes, clearly it was a difficult situation, a predicament because it was a high-profile matter and all the things came colliding. It was a mad house, and we had to ensure we don’t break the international law on how to treat important delegates. In cases like this, you want to collect all the information from all sides.”

The first lady is apparently still holed-up in South Africa and is waiting for the Department of International Relations and Co-operation (Dirco) to issue her diplomatic immunity. Then she can leave.

If this happens, this will be the second time that Mugabe has used this legal loophole to escape prosecution.

In 2009, she was given diplomatic immunity by the Chinese after she allegedly assaulted a journalist in Hong Kong.

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

News Via: http://www.yomzzyblog.com/2017/08/grace-mugabe-claims-she-beat-up-sa.html

South Africa has granted diplomatic immunity to Zimbabwean First Lady Grace Mugabe, allowing her to leave the country without answering questions about an assault allegation.
President Robert Mugabe and his wife arrived back in Harare early on Sunday.
Mrs Mugabe, 52, is accused of assaulting model Gabriella Engels a week ago at a Johannesburg hotel where her sons were staying.
She has not commented publicly on the case.
A lawyer for Ms Engels told the BBC that they were planning to challenge the immunity decision in court.
Willie Spies said he would argue that the first lady should not have been given special treatment as she had been in South Africa on private business.
The South African government's decision came in a notice from International Relations Minister Maite Nkoana-Mashabane, published in the Government Gazette on Sunday.
"I hereby recognise the immunities and privileges of the First Lady of the Republic of Zimbabwe, Dr Grace Mugabe," she said.
On Saturday, Mrs Mugabe had been due to take part in the first ladies' programme at the Southern African Development Community heads of state summit in Pretoria, which Mr Mugabe, 93, was attending.
However, she failed to show up.
South African police had said they wanted to interview Mrs Mugabe and had set up a "red alert" at the borders to try to ensure she did not leave the country.
But Zimbabwe's ZBC state broadcaster reported that President Mugabe and his wife "arrived on board an Air Zimbabwe flight early on Sunday morning".
It showed pictures of her greeting officials at Harare airport.
Ms Engels' lawyers have said their client was offered money to drop the case but she refused.
She appeared at a press conference on Thursday with a large plaster on her forehead. She has alleged that Mrs Mugabe beat her with an extension cable at the hotel where the model was staying with Mrs Mugabe's two sons.
She told the BBC: "She hit me with the plug and the extension cord. And I just remember being curled down on the floor with blood rushing down my face and down my neck."
The South African Broadcasting Corporation said the Mugabes were scheduled to attend a funeral for a state minister at Harare's Heroes Acre on Sunday... Source: BBC
Re: Grace Mugabe Claims She Beat Up South Africa Model To Protect Herself by 989900: 5:24pm On Aug 20, 2017
Liars are liable to die young.
Re: Grace Mugabe Claims She Beat Up South Africa Model To Protect Herself by 989900: 5:25pm On Aug 20, 2017
tydi:
i am really ashamed of youth of this our time that nobody is condeming her sons of gangbanging that is not Africans culture the woman i guess! she is carrying out her parental duties which any mother will do more.

Shut up!

2 Likes

Re: Grace Mugabe Claims She Beat Up South Africa Model To Protect Herself by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 20, 2017
So the rumours that she's been beating up uncle Bob are true after all undecided
Re: Grace Mugabe Claims She Beat Up South Africa Model To Protect Herself by ofuonyebi: 6:44pm On Aug 20, 2017
I hope it is time somebody tells Mrs Mugabe that enough is enough...

international diplomacy is not a license for international assault against less privileged..

1 Like

Re: Grace Mugabe Claims She Beat Up South Africa Model To Protect Herself by Amajerry83(m): 6:46pm On Aug 20, 2017
C her ugly face
Re: Grace Mugabe Claims She Beat Up South Africa Model To Protect Herself by planetx: 7:14pm On Aug 20, 2017
South Africa has granted her immunity already and she is back in Zimbabwe.
Re: Grace Mugabe Claims She Beat Up South Africa Model To Protect Herself by MICHEALADEX(m): 4:20am On Aug 21, 2017
RIPEnglish:
Dump woman, there is not differences on her and his husband.

Her husband not His husband...keep English alive
Re: Grace Mugabe Claims She Beat Up South Africa Model To Protect Herself by ddeola: 4:44am On Aug 21, 2017
At least, she didn't deny beating up the girl and causing injury to her face (mind you, the gal na model, so her face is no more flawless)

Common sense tells you that there is no way one slim model gal can attack a woman with several bodyguards because just one bodyguard can chuff her away with one hand. So Mrs. Mugabe, YOU ARE A LIAR.

If na Zimbabwe, d gal go don die and nobody go know.

My conclusion, if madam first lady will not be jailed she MUST pay damages and they must consider her medical bills and the cost of her treatment to enhance her facial beauty back to what it was before she was battered by madam.

Yeye "peoples" , dem destroy Zimbabwe economy and dem dey go enjoy for South Africa. No shame at all
Re: Grace Mugabe Claims She Beat Up South Africa Model To Protect Herself by webngnews: 9:33am On Aug 21, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Grace Mugabe Claims She Beat Up South Africa Model To Protect Herself by ichommy(m): 2:20am On Aug 22, 2017
Imagine
Re: Grace Mugabe Claims She Beat Up South Africa Model To Protect Herself by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:09pm On Aug 25, 2017
tydi:

Those boys are way over eighteen, what is an old women like her, who is the mother of the nation doing at her sons place in South Africa? If it was in their soil I would maybe side with her.

That is why people will ask if she is willing to sleep with her sons.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger Confirm Plan To Form New Confederation / Joe Biden Forgets Australian PM, Scott Morrison's Name? (Video) / Pope Declares Mankind Is 'experiencing The Outbreak Of World War Three'(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.