Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,881 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:13 AM

Vehicle Number Plate Issue - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Vehicle Number Plate Issue (1942 Views)

Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? / FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% / Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vehicle Number Plate Issue by hiscules: 7:23pm On Aug 20, 2017
Please, I heard that when u sell a registered car, the number plate is not supposed to be sold alongside the car, how true?

If you sell with number plate, will the new owner be able to update the vehicle papers and still retain the number plate? Is it against the law?

I have had too much information about this number plate matter, I need clarification.
Re: Vehicle Number Plate Issue by herrlekan(m): 1:34pm On Aug 21, 2017
hiscules:
Please, I heard that when u sell a registered car, the number plate is not supposed to be sold alongside the car, how true?

If you sell with number plate, will the new owner be able to update the vehicle papers and still retain the number plate? Is it against the law?

I have had too much information about this number plate matter, I need clarification.

The new number plate are registered to the owner of the vehicle and not the vehicle in essence it means the number plate is the owner's property. You are not to sell your car with your number plate on it except the buyer needs it to get to his location and return them at a later date to you. If you fail to get them back from the buyer and he committed a crime with the vehicle,you're the prime suspect in any Police investigation because the number plate is registered to you.

He can not retain the number plate because it belongs to you. He needs to do what is called reregistration to get his own number plate

It is against the law of the land

1 Like

Re: Vehicle Number Plate Issue by hiscules: 3:07pm On Aug 21, 2017
herrlekan:

The new number plate are registered to the owner of the vehicle and not the vehicle in essence it means the number plate is the owner's property. You are not to sell your car with your number plate on it except the buyer needs it to get to his location and return them at a later date to you. If you fail to get them back from the buyer and he committed a crime with the vehicle,you're the prime suspect in any Police investigation because the number plate is registered to you.

He can not retain the number plate because it belongs to you. He needs to do what is called reregistration to get his own number plate

It is against the law of the land
Thanks , but VIO office said they can change the new owner's name to match with the already existing plate number, is this possible?

1 Like

Re: Vehicle Number Plate Issue by herrlekan(m): 4:24pm On Aug 21, 2017
hiscules:
Thanks , but VIO office said they can change the new owner's name to match with the already existing plate number, is this possible?

Get in touch with Pattybf 0802 313 8853,she is the walking encyclopedia when it comes to vehicle registration and driver's license.
Re: Vehicle Number Plate Issue by hiscules: 4:48pm On Aug 21, 2017
herrlekan:

Get in touch with Pattybf 0802 313 8853,she is the walking encyclopedia when it comes to vehicle registration and driver's license.
Thank you very much
Re: Vehicle Number Plate Issue by pattybf(f): 5:58pm On Aug 21, 2017
herrlekan:

Thanks for the recomendation.

You have said it all. Number plates r registered to d vehicle owner n are not transferable.
Re: Vehicle Number Plate Issue by hiscules: 6:15pm On Aug 21, 2017
pattybf:

Thanks for the recomendation.

You have said it all. Number plates r registered to d vehicle owner n are not transferable.

Hi Pattybf, since you are here, am wondering why the VIO office is allowing that to happen, what is the current price of getting the change done? please note the vehicle glass and body is engraved with the old plate number
Re: Vehicle Number Plate Issue by pattybf(f): 9:53pm On Aug 21, 2017
hiscules:
Hi Pattybf, since you are here, am wondering why the VIO office is allowing that to happen, what is the current price of getting the change done? please note the vehicle glass and body is engraved with the old plate number

VIO ve nothing to wt registering number plates. Whoever promised to issue u an already registered no plate, is planing to give u a fake version of d number.

Proper change of ownership/reregistration will take care of the bolded!

I'm available on Whatsapp/call for further details: 08023138853
Re: Vehicle Number Plate Issue by Kufie(m): 10:37pm On Aug 21, 2017
pattybf:

[/b]
VIO ve nothing to wt registering number plates. Whoever promised to issue u an already registered no plate, is planing to give u a fake version of d number.

Patty please how do I get Lagos driver's card?
Re: Vehicle Number Plate Issue by LAGATA(m): 9:20pm On Aug 22, 2017
hiscules:
Very true! I bought a registered car last month and I collected all the car documents from the seller (old owner), took it to the vio's office here in Abuja and the new vehicle particulars (vehicle licence, proof of ownership, road worthiness, insurance etc) came out in my name. Simple as that!
Re: Vehicle Number Plate Issue by pattybf(f): 10:16pm On Aug 22, 2017
LAGATA:

Very true! I bought a registered car last month and I collected all the car documents from the seller (old owner), took it to the vio's office here in Abuja and the new vehicle particulars (vehicle licence, proof of ownership, road worthiness, insurance etc) came out in my name. Simple as that!

VIO registers vehicle in Abuja?
Re: Vehicle Number Plate Issue by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 22, 2017
pattybf:

Hahahahahaaa! Whenever Ipob calls Nigeria a zoo, I don't dispute it grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Vehicle Number Plate Issue by hiscules: 8:53am On Aug 23, 2017
LAGATA:

i think they are all just confused or just dont want to do the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Vehicle Number Plate Issue by LAGATA(m): 4:06pm On Aug 23, 2017
pattybf:

Very well. I just take my documents to the office here in Abuja. Give them the money and the rest is history.
Re: Vehicle Number Plate Issue by LAGATA(m): 4:10pm On Aug 23, 2017
pattybf:

[/b]

I totally disagree! I have registered all my vehicles here from the vio's office in Abuja. Both new and renewal of registered vehicle plates. Am not a vio or road safety personnel but mind u it's never a fake version as u said. If ur in Abuja it's as simple as that!

(1) (Reply)

Corolla 2010(south Africa) Won't Shift Into 4th Gear / Buying A Car From Copart / Car Wax Wahala After Spraying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.