Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,744 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) (63510 Views)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo / Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos / He Was Carrying Abominable Objects - Oba Of Benin Reacts To Chief's Humiliation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by okerekeikpo: 7:55pm On Aug 21, 2017
Fourwinds:
go and find out what happened to the former military administrator (Onyeregbulem) of Edo state during Abacha's regime...there you will understand who the Oba is...when he removed the Oba of Benin as the head of Oba in Edo state.... that was the beginning of his problem.. The man was always complaining he sees coffin in his dream... he lost a child or two before he finally died
story
Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by Fourwinds: 7:59pm On Aug 21, 2017
okerekeikpo:
story
ofcourse it will be story... why not verify after all the hints I gave you is less than 30 years ago

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by matrixme(m): 8:01pm On Aug 21, 2017
evansjeff:
go to the United Kingdom and see what obtains there, your kings over here have lost thier values running after politicians. Have you ever seen the queen running up and down all in the name of attending birthdays, marraiges, and other irrelevances?

The truth is apart from Benin Kingdom, almost all other traditional rulers in Nigeria have turned to mere politicians, they're even selected or elected politically so I'm not suprised.
You ought to keep your unenlightened beer palour thoughts away from the internet. The queen of England going to attend birthdays and other irrelevant outings?
Guess she must have been seen more than once looking into the trash cans of Londoners. Maybe you think the local kind of royalty paraphernalia is what obtains there like in Benin.
Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by Blackfire(m): 8:11pm On Aug 21, 2017
evansjeff:
id.iot, many generations before me have lived without any reason to be cursed by the Oba, He's loving and also loved. I can't even remember the last decade something like this happened, that should make you understand (only if you have brains to) the hieght of what this man must have done.

Now as a traditionalist ,what could be the offence of that man for the king to have cursed and banished him and mind you the man's family will also bare in this burnt, now assuming that frail man is your dad?

U have right to abuse me once, after that...
Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by ability19: 8:12pm On Aug 21, 2017
naijaboiy:

Oga keep quiet! Do you think the people of Benin have lost their traditional values like where you come from?

If your people don't follow your traditional laws it's nobody's fault. The Benin kingdom still exists fully and the traditional laws are adhered to strictly.

People still go to the Oba to settle disputes among them. Stop bringing constitution into this matter.

Constitution that cannot solve your country's biggest problems when your president travelled out of the country for 100 days leaving his administration confused.

Leave the bini people to do what they want. Besides the oba didn't go against the constitution as you speak. There is something called customary law.

Educate yourself before you embarrass yourself on a public forum like this!

Bro u just spoke my mind... God bless you. Cos lots of persons. Hve been vomit nonsense post. So impressed with the response u gave to the guy

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by samuk: 8:12pm On Aug 21, 2017
This happened on Thursday 17th August, 2017.

Dr. Ogiugo was summoned to Obas's Palace over land issue because he constituted an impediment to the peaceful resolution of the matter by his Odionwere.

He bluntly refused to kneel down before the Oba to say his own side of the issue at stake.

Being a traditional setting, it was sensed that Ogiugo came fully armed and was immediately asked to remove his top (shirt).

As he was removing his shirt, some charms (ekhuae and akpalode) fell from his pocket.

That resulted in curses being placed on him and declaration as "oghion Oba".

Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by aigjoey(m): 8:27pm On Aug 21, 2017
HungerBAD:
This is serious.

Although i am not Benin,but i have a very strong respect for the Benin Monarchy.

What we just witnessed is a rarity,and as regards tradition,something very powerful.

The curse the palace placed on the people of Uneme (In Akoko Edo)still follows them more than a 100 years later.

And that is why in Edo State,they are referred to as the "Rejected People" and no other Edo Tribe gets married to them.

Just curious,has his offense been made public?
when people say what they don't know about a tribe and pass the wrong messages to innocent readers it saddens me and makes me cry for such a person for going low just to pass the wrong message. I am a proud unemhe boy and we are one of the most loved people in edo State. Our people are homely, our ladies are so beautiful and our men are very handsome and industrious. Hence, our ladies are the toast of every tribe in edo State as we speak. I can tell you more than 20 men from Benin who are married to the unemhe lady. Stop saying what you don't know. I am so amazed the way you spoke so confidently of a fact you know little or nothing about thereby misleading the good people of nairaland. Go to esako, owan, Igarra, esan and find out how their men are queuing to marry an unemhe lady. You have sounded so naive and i demand an apology from you. And I can tell your best girlfriend you had in the past was an unemhe girl. You are very rude for coming here to demean a tribe.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by ability19: 8:29pm On Aug 21, 2017
okerekeikpo:
story
Please help ᵐε̲ tell them
Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by courage54(m): 8:31pm On Aug 21, 2017
cy4cent:

Despite being from Edo state just heard this for the first time about the uneme people.

PS: are you from Edo state or that part of the state? M amazed at your knowledge of such.

What HungerBad wrote is actually the truth. When someone is been banished from a particular place in Edo State it does not implies that the person cannot stay in that same place again, it only mean that the person will not be able to do any form of business with the people of that community again as nobody can either buy or sell anything to that person. Nobody will ever attend any social events with that person again this is evident in that video as people started running away from the man immediately he was pushed out of the Palace . As for the case of Uneme in Akoko Edo, it is forbidden for anyone from my maternal village to marry someone from there.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by aigjoey(m): 8:34pm On Aug 21, 2017
Please where are you from. I would like to tell the world how many men from your maternal village are married to an unemhe girl.
courage54:

What HungerBad wrote is actually the truth. When someone is been banished from a particular place in Edo State it does not implies that the person cannot stay in that same place again, it only mean that the person will not be able to do any form of business with the people of that community again as nobody can either buy or sell anything to that person. Nobody will ever attend any social events with that person again this is evident in that video as people started running away from the man immediately he was pushed out of the Palace . As for the case of Uneme in Akoko Edo, it is forbidden for anyone from my maternal village to marry someone from there.
Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by aigjoey(m): 8:37pm On Aug 21, 2017
[when people say what they don't know about a tribe and pass the wrong messages to innocent readers it saddens me and makes me cry for such a person for going low just to pass the wrong message. I am a proud unemhe boy and we are one of the most loved people in edo State. Our people are homely, our ladies are so beautiful and our men are very handsome and industrious. Hence, our ladies are the toast of every tribe in edo State as we speak. I can tell you more than 20 men from Benin who are married to the unemhe lady. Stop saying what you don't know. I am so amazed the way you spoke so confidently of a fact you know little or nothing about thereby misleading the good people of nairaland. Go to esako, owan, Igarra, esan and find out how their men are queuing to marry an unemhe lady. You have sounded so naive and i demand an apology from you. And I can tell your best girlfriend you had in the past was an unemhe girl. You are very rude for coming here to demean a tribe. author=HungerBAD post=59676112]This is serious.

Although i am not Benin,but i have a very strong respect for the Benin Monarchy.

What we just witnessed is a rarity,and as regards tradition,something very powerful.

The curse the palace placed on the people of Uneme (In Akoko Edo)still follows them more than a 100 years later.

And that is why in Edo State,they are referred to as the "Rejected People" and no other Edo Tribe gets married to them.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by aigjoey(m): 8:40pm On Aug 21, 2017
No wonder your name is hunger bad. Go to the present day edo State unemhe ladies are the toast of all men. No tribe in edo State can contest with our ladies in beauty and intelligence. Very homely and caring. Who told you no tribe marries an unemhe girl. Liar
onuwaje:

Is it that tribe that he broke a calabash on their matter over a hidden bride?
Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by aigjoey(m): 8:43pm On Aug 21, 2017
Stop saying what you don't know pls. Who told you the unemhe people are pained by this. We are very proud people. Our ladies are the toast of all men in edo State. Please take a trip to edo State to carry out a proper research
HungerBAD:

They were guns or ironsmiths and according to folklore,they sold weapons to the enemies of Bini Kingdom and so were banished.

The Uneme people are very touchy about this subject,and ironically they have the most beautiful ladies in Edo and it is either a man from their place marry them or a stranger from outside Edo.

But never any tribe from Edo State.
Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by okerekeikpo: 8:46pm On Aug 21, 2017
Fourwinds:
ofcourse it will be story... why not verify after all the hints I gave you is less than 30 years ago
don't have time to waste
Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by itsene: 8:46pm On Aug 21, 2017
When a judge sends a conviction to jail , that is banishment.
Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by aigjoey(m): 8:47pm On Aug 21, 2017
Tell him. How can you come out here and say what you don't know. I pity your children. The unemhe are welcome anywhere in edo State
DancingSkeleton:
be mindful of what you post
Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by aigjoey(m): 8:50pm On Aug 21, 2017
It's not true, Edo people marry one another. Your ex was high on drugs when she told you that
figure007:
you just said something I remembered my ex said.. ..she said it's forbidden for her to marry an edo since she is edo... Edo people don't wanna marry edo especially those in city. .they can't marry themselves. ..alot of things that's wrong with that tribe self.. .Am sorry to say.. .i have edo friends though
Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by oyeludef(m): 8:53pm On Aug 21, 2017
evansjeff:
The problem with most of you is that whenever you hear the word "Oba”, you try to equate it with some ajalas in the west or some community heads in the east.

This is BENIN KINGDOM where the KING is TRULY KING.

There are only two kingdoms in the world, The UNITED KINGDOM and the BENIN KINGDOM.
ur oba is God abi.. Since he can curse, why can't he bless ur land that youth av to go into all types of crime. D ambition of 80% of ur youth is to travel to Europe isn't it? Why can't ur oba bless d land to become Europe

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by aigjoey(m): 8:55pm On Aug 21, 2017
I am from edo State and from that part of the state. I can emphatically tell you that what he said about the unemhe tribe are false. Every where in edo State unemhe ladies are cherished
cy4cent:

Despite being from Edo state just heard this for the first time about the uneme people.

PS: are you from Edo state or that part of the state? M amazed at your knowledge of such.
Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by DancingSkeleton(m): 8:55pm On Aug 21, 2017
aigjoey:
Tell him. How can you come out here and say what you don't know. I pity your children The unemhe are welcome anywhere in edo State
@ the bolded . me or him undecided
Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by bossmayor3(m): 8:56pm On Aug 21, 2017
yeyeboi:
If the OBA cannot curse the bad politicians then he is not serious yet
I agree with you, cultist are also included, he should place a curse..
Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by sosasatire(m): 9:00pm On Aug 21, 2017
acmilan1:
I detest this town n it's people.. Just too diabolical. can't wait to get a better job and leave this place for good

You 'detest the town..'? Does Benin look your hamlet? From the way you write it seems you finished Secondary School so you must have done Social Studies..why this foolishness in public?.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by maryjay99: 9:11pm On Aug 21, 2017
He should come to Jesus the king of kings
Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by itsene: 9:13pm On Aug 21, 2017
Does anyone know why Princess Diana was not allowed to live for wanting to marry someone else after having babies for a heir to the throne..People think it was just ordinary car accident.
Sometimes death and banishment are the only way out. Just don't get involved in matters beyond your capabilities.
Even the Oba too has rules he must follow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by naijaboiy: 9:34pm On Aug 21, 2017
oyeludef:
it is a known fact dat u ppl idolize ur oba or wateve he is called, it has beclouded ur reasoning no doubt. Customary law supercedes federal law? As long as d man is a citizen of Nigeria he has every right to stay anywhere in Nigeria. How has ur idol worship helped u land fare better dan other regions in Nigeria? Rubbish. U oba is a psycho
Like I said before it's nobody's fault that your own people have dumped their traditions to follow western laws.

Even the Queen of England is still highly respected till now and certain decisions still need her consent before it is made by the parliament.

Educate yourself.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by yomilike(m): 10:08pm On Aug 21, 2017
HungerBAD:
This is serious.

I served in uneme nnekua but I never heard of this ...
Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by Halo22: 10:33pm On Aug 21, 2017
I don't know what offence the man may have committed, but that was an irony and it z so threatening to fundamental human right for the oba to have banished and excommunicated him. The high time Edo people stopped that their traditional excesses the better and more civilized the become.
Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by gozie112(m): 10:35pm On Aug 21, 2017
SoldierBoy1:
why must you bring Yorubas into this?
comman beat me...nonsense
Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by bebe2(f): 10:53pm On Aug 21, 2017
Baawaa:
The monarch should place curses on all corrupt politicians also

I just lost respect for this oba.

He is a tyrant.

Am Benin born and bred angry
Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by Wyttcat: 11:01pm On Aug 21, 2017
Power drunk and foolish fake oba banishing a citizen n this day and age! Shior!! Was he trying to take his wife? What a disgusting oba.
Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by Akolawole(m): 11:03pm On Aug 21, 2017
These are the cases Mike 'PDP' Ozekhome should be taking up.

Where are the civil societies in Benin?
Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by evansjeff(m): 11:15pm On Aug 21, 2017
matrixme:

You ought to keep your unenlightened beer palour thoughts away from the internet. The queen of England going to attend birthdays and other irrelevant outings?
Guess she must have been seen more than once looking into the trash cans of Londoners. Maybe you think the local kind of royalty paraphernalia is what obtains there like in Benin.
what is this one saying? Which brand of Igbo is this Abeg? Read this your statement slowly and carefully and see if makes any sense to you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aramide Shekinat Celebrates Her 40th Birthday / African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) / Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.