Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:54 AM

Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) (63514 Views)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo / Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos / He Was Carrying Abominable Objects - Oba Of Benin Reacts To Chief's Humiliation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by obi123: 4:28pm On Aug 22, 2017
yeyeboi:
If the OBA cannot curse the bad politicians then he is not serious yet

may your way never ever be narrow
Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by evansjeff(m): 7:10pm On Aug 22, 2017
nengibo:

I'm not from the west or east, but I still call bullsheet on this your Oba, can you compare Queen Eliza with this your local champion, who feels segregation should still be part of African culture
whoever told you the Oba segregated any tribe in Benin?
Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by nengibo: 9:01pm On Aug 22, 2017
evansjeff:
whoever told you the Oba segregated any tribe in Benin?
When did I mention segregation of tribe
Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by AlwaysUltraPad: 3:50am On Aug 23, 2017
naijaboiy:

You that is the king of politics and religious section stay in your lane.

Mtcheew! undecided
The lane wey you don comot from your own(romance) come carry? I go enter your lane .
Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by odigbosky(m): 8:47pm On Aug 23, 2017
First of all i am not here to speak for the palace or the King himself. I am just an ordinary Edo boy living in Benin and all i know is that nobody in Benin sees any wrong in what the Oba has done. We just feel sorry for the shame the man has brought upon himself and his entire family because the truth is that in Edo state kings are not made they are born Kings so there is very little government influence on the throne. If the Governor suspends and says it has removed any king from their palace in Edo state that is only paper talk as they cannot enthrone anybody. Some people here just dont understand how our society work and function, its very different from your own. Somebody here made a reference to Abacha dethroning the Sultan Of Sokoto and replacing him with someone else. Well that is for them over there, No government, I repeat no Government in this world can install somebody who isnt meant for the throne of the Oba of Benin as king....trust me it wont work here. Somebody also said the Esama of Benin dealt with the Previous oba and he couldnt do anything......well, the fact is that the person isnt or doesnt live in edo state if that person does, he would have remembered the numerous times Esama had to beg for forgiveness and even use his media station as an avenue to plead for the Oba's forgiveness. Market women had to beg on his behalf countless times in ringroad and at the Oba palace because the Esama was forbidden from entering. Pastors had to beg on State and Private TV stations and Radio stations for the Oba to forgive the Esama. Everybody in the state detested the name Esama not because of Lucky's governance wahala but because he choose to state against the throne. you cant survive for long if you try it here trust me. If you know his HRM Oba Erediauwa very well you would know that he was one of the most simplest and meekest monarchs in this country and so many pple in the state used this as an avenue to misbehave. Many chiefs and common citizens did rubbish in the palace. Today the HRM Oba Ewuare II is not like his father in administration. The name he answers now is a big name and we in Benin know that the shoes that the Oba has stepped into is a big one and we pray Osalobua, Osanudazi, Osanoghodua give him the strenght to lead us to glory. If you are in Benin, you would have heard about the suspension of Chief Osamede Adun (Bob Izua).....this guy played a prominent role in the coronation rite but immediately he transgressed and raised his shoulder he was hammered down, same went for Isekhuere and many other chiefs that were sent of the palace. I remember this year when the CDA issue came up, some so called community chairmen were misbehaving, one of such was Ebo of Amagba....a very rich young man. He said the oba has no jurisdiction over Amagba.....The stuff was that later on.......Ebo of Amagba was sweeping the palace of the Oba for close to two weeks.....He became humble and his punishment sent shock waves across Edo south and all those parading themselves as chairmen went into hiding. In Edo state we believe the Oba's judgement is fair and he truly represents our interest. I will never do anything to make anybody insult my Lord King, because i wont insult yours. Some persons here just delight in doing that but i feel they are cowards, because if you feel you can do it....come to Benin and try it by the time we give you short sleeve you will know if the constitution allows you to talk anyhow. God will grant our King and whoever serves as governor of Edo state the wisdom to lead us...........God bless Edo land, God bless the King..........Oba gha to kpere ise!!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by imohcares4u(m): 6:49am On Aug 24, 2017
U pple are qstin d Oba Action, n saying 21st Century blab, can any body qst d Queen of England or d Monarchy Of Japan, for worst action been done by dem?
Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by Konquest: 10:05pm On Dec 03, 2017
Ovokoo:
Here's the full video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7rmebTEVmo
^^^^^^
^^^^^^
Seeing this for the first time.
Feel sorry for the banished chief.

Oba Ewuare II is beginning to mirror
Oba Ewuare I in action... Watch out
for more movie previews now and
down the road! grin
Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by googi: 1:55am On Dec 06, 2017
Some humans are "genetically" programmed to worship their fellow man. That is why we will always have the poor among us.

Even the Queen someone mentioned has been cut to size. Some people are willing to die for these glorified humans as their god.

Was it not a governor that went to challenge someone the other day because he did not stand up when he, a whole governor came in. We have passed the age when you can force people to respect you, especially someone old enough to be your father, no matter who you are.

Those who earn respect, command it without asking. At his age, arrogant Obasanjo prostrated for Ooni. A boy younger than his son. Do you know how many traditional rulers have been disrespected?

I pity the old man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Banishes Chief Ogiugo After Cursing Him (Video) by jbblues24(m): 9:38pm On Jun 01, 2019
Mission accomplished. It's nice m8 cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aramide Shekinat Celebrates Her 40th Birthday / African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) / Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.