Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? (5585 Views)

Is Faith Incompatible With Reason? / Faith: What It Means To An Unprovable concept of God for the religious. / Faith? What Is It 2 u: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? by jaffi: 10:55am On Feb 18, 2010
The word of faith:
let me ask if anyone could explain WHAT HEB 11 6: for without faith it's impossible to please God,
can someone explain by Revelation what this scripture means?
Answers must compare scriptures with scriptures!
we have not seen Jesus/God at anytime but believed-if you have confess the lordship JESUS CHRIST and if you are not you don't HAVE business dropping your comment.
i also advise strongly to make that declaration NOW!
YOU MIGHT NOT ALWAYS HAVE THE CHANCE-and we believed in Him,pray to Him and all that.
this must be by FAITH.
WHAT IS FAITH-READ HEB 11:1.

let look into scriptures and see for ourselves what FAITH IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO SENSE KNOWLEDGE HERE!!!!!!!

Re: Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? by Joagbaje(m): 11:07am On Feb 18, 2010
Paul gave us a good one, in chapter one; Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. One can also define faith as the response of man's spirit to the word of God.
Re: Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? by jaffi: 1:52pm On Feb 18, 2010
Thank you Bro.
but the word of faith movement is it of God or not of God??
Re: Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? by Enigma(m): 1:57pm On Feb 18, 2010
jaffi:

. . . .
but the word of faith movement is it of God or not of God??

Read these for starters:

http://www.gotquestions.org/Word-Faith.html

http://www.intotruth.org/wof/tract3.html

cool
Re: Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? by jaffi: 10:00am On Feb 19, 2010
i need your comment on this
for or against

what are you saying??
Not what others hath said or think having in mind Heb 11 :6.
Re: Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? by jaffi: 10:10am On Feb 19, 2010
From the links you gave
no scriptural references.
and the facts listed are wrong, base on what the bible says.
Reason 3: we are gods as christian.
read psalm 82.

Reason 1: To even know that there is a God in heaven it must be by revelation knowledge thru the scriptures.
what do you think?
we have not seen  God at anytime or have you?

i don't understand you pple that is against faith!
it's only the lazy pple that are against faith message 'cos it put responsibilities on you and they don't wanna responsible.
Re: Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? by Enigma(m): 11:59am On Feb 19, 2010
jaffi:

From the links you gave
no scriptural references.
and the facts listed are wrong, base on what the bible says.
read psalm 82.

Reason 1: To even know that there is a God in heaven it must be by revelation knowledge thru the scriptures.
what do you think?
we have not seen  God at anytime or have you?

i don't understand you pple that is against faith!
it's only the lazy pple that are against faith message 'cos it put responsibilities on you and they don't wanna responsible.

You are wrong on many levels but I will deal with only one and just refer to another briefly.

OK you believe you are a "god" because of Psalm 82:6, right?

OK Psalm 82:6 says
I have said, Ye [are] gods; and all of you [are] children of the most High.

You believe that Psalm 82:6 is referring to you, right?

OK then but the speech directed to "YOU" continues in Psalm 82:7 and says this:

But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

Do you still think the passage is saying that "YOU" are a god ---- a god that shall die like a man and fall like one of the princes?

Now, who do you think is "lazy" and has not studied the scriptures; could it be YOU ---- which makes it easy for charlatan "pastors" to brainwash you?

The second point I will deal with is your reference to "revelation knowledge". What you do not realise is that "revelation knowledge" is code that "pastors" use to deceive you by saying "God told me"; "God revealed to me" ----- when they are just spouting the evil from their hearts with which they brainwash you.
Re: Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? by Joagbaje(m): 12:21pm On Feb 19, 2010
The word of God is word of faith.

Romans 10:8
But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

If anyone have a problem with word of faith, the person is simply ignorant and know not scriptures.
Re: Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? by jaffi: 2:10pm On Feb 19, 2010
Psalm 82 the latter part was talking about you-that don't believe in that ye are gods
he said you shall die like mere men.
sickness
diseases
lack and want
etc
all those thing that are not meant for the children of God but,those that don't believe or function in this reality will suffer the same economic depressions,diseases sickness etc others suffer.

as for revelation knowledge?
has God revealed anything to you before?
Do u have the holy Ghost inside of you?i know you do if Jesus is your lord so question what is the ministry of the Spirit of God?
Re: Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? by viaro: 2:24pm On Feb 19, 2010
jaffi:

read psalm 82.

I don't mean to be a damper here; but whenever a believer quotes Psalm 82 and trying to affirm a 'god-status' for a Christian, I wonder if they also read the very next verse: "But ye shall die like men" (verse 7)?

However, Scripture testifies again and again that as to Deity and Divinity, we as Christians believe in one God (1 Cor. 8:6).

Furthermore, I hear many WOF teachers saying that the only difference between God and the born-again Christian is that God is spelt with a big 'G' and we are small 'g'. That says nothing at all - for there are indeed many, many differences between the only God and believers anywhere and anytime. An example: the prophet Jeremiah long ago said, "The [b]g[/b]ods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens" (Jer. 10:11).

Let's be careful about the WOF movement: it is not every colour of yellow that is 'gold'.
Re: Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? by jaffi: 2:58pm On Feb 19, 2010
@viaro,
we are not saying small 'g' or big 'G'.FORGET ALPHABETS!!!The letter killeth but the spirit giveth life.
but functioning in his class even Jesus Christ our lord quoted this scriptures to the john 10:34.
suggest u read from verse 30.
religion will fight this like what you are doing now.
read Heb 2 and see the position God gave man.
they wanted to stone Jesus imagine!
why because He said ,He and His father are ONE!
THEY COULDN'T TAKE IT JUST LIKE YOU CAN'T TAKE THE FACT THE WE(CHRISTIANS) ARE GODS!SO THEY WANTED TO STONE HIM.
WHY ARE SO DIFFERENT?
Re: Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? by Joagbaje(m): 4:17pm On Feb 19, 2010
Jaffi,
There are things you can't discuss with babies , just give them milk because they will be offended at meat.any one who hasn't recieved the holyghost will definately have problems with the word of God. But the kingdom has to move on. We can't wait,those who can catch up will run along
Re: Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? by Enigma(m): 4:53pm On Feb 19, 2010
jaffi:

Psalm 82 the latter part was talking about you-that don't believe in that ye are gods
he said you shall die like mere men.
sickness
diseases
lack and want
etc
all those thing that are not meant for the children of God but,those that don't believe or function in this reality will suffer the same economic depressions,diseases sickness etc others suffer.

as for revelation knowledge?
has God revealed anything to you before?
Do u have the holy Ghost inside of you?i know you do if Jesus is your lord so question what is the ministry of the Spirit of God?

jaffi

May God open your eyes. Here is psalm 82:6-7 together:

I have said, Ye [are] gods; and all of you [are] children of the most High. But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

So which part is talking to different people?

As I said, may God help you!

Joagbaje:

Jaffi,
There are things you can't discuss with babies , just give them milk because they will be offended at meat.any one who hasn't recieved the holyghost will definately have problems with the word of God. But the kingdom has to move on. We can't wait,those who can catch up will run along

As for you Joagbaje, God will deliver you from heresy, from the brainwashing that you have received and from the latterly revealed arrogance with which you are trying to mislead others into your heresy.
Re: Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? by viaro: 5:27pm On Feb 19, 2010
@jaffi,

jaffi:
we are not saying small 'g' or big 'G'.FORGET ALPHABETS!!!The letter killeth but the spirit giveth life.

No problem, I can afford to forget small or big letters in any language on the subject. However, my reference to the gods of 'small letter g' is informed by the fact that such a notion is the popular teaching of many WOF proponents such as Creflo Dollar, Kenneth Copeland, Paul Crouch of TBN, and several others. Do you care to show us your position on such teachings - whether you agree with them or disagree?

but functioning in his class even Jesus Christ our lord quoted this scriptures to the john 10:34.
suggest u read from verse 30.

The question of John 10:34 is open to anyone's interpretation howsoever they may choose. Not that I applaud all sorts of interpretations; but I tend to hold the view that - (a) the Lord Jesus in that verse was not affirming deity or divinity for any human being in His audience (Christian, Jewish or otherwise); (b) as well the point in verse 38 summing up what exactly He wanted to convey.

In other verses within that same John's Gospel, it is evident that He affirmed His Deity (John 5:23) without making any reference anywhere that Christians were to function the same in essence and nature in such pointers to His Deity.

religion will fight this like what you are doing now.

Let me assure you that my aim is not to fight what Jesus said; but rather that we all try and understand what He meant by any statement He made.

It is clear that there is a fundamental reason why it is written several times that the disciples did not understand what Jesus was saying at various instances (eg., Mark 9:32; Luke 2:50 and 18:34); and it was not until after His resurrection that He opened their understanding that they might understand the scripture (Luke 24:45). In the same manner, we should not just go by the sound of the words in John 10:34 without seeking to understand what He was saying. Whatever reference we might attach to it, it is clear that He certainly was not affirming deity for any man in His audience there.

read Heb 2 and see the position God gave man.

I don't see anything anywhere in Hebrews 2 saying that God has given any position of 'god' or 'deity' to any Christian. Could you kindly show me where the contrary might've been said in that same passage?

they wanted to stone Jesus imagine!
why because He said ,He and His father are ONE!

They also condemned Him more on His confession that He is the Son of God (see John 10:36 and 19:7).

THEY COULDN'T TAKE IT JUST LIKE YOU CAN'T TAKE THE FACT THE WE(CHRISTIANS) ARE GODS!SO THEY WANTED TO STONE HIM.
WHY ARE SO DIFFERENT?

I have not denied what Jesus said in John 10:34 - but the difference is that I categorically deny the WOF proponents' confession on that verse that Christians are therefore 'deity' (Jeremiah 10:11).
Re: Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? by aletheia(m): 6:02pm On Feb 19, 2010
Proud swelling and arrogant words. I am waiting for mba_emeka to show up here to lend support to Jaffi and Joagbaje. So you are god. Interesting how we have come full cycle from the garden of Eden. You are of your father the devil who tempted Eve with this same words.

Gen 3:4-5 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
So you avidly follow in the steps of the evil one.
Isa 14:12-15 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
You operate in the spirit of the man of perdition, the son of sin
Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. [2 Th 2:4]

As Viaro rightly pointed out:
Jer 10:11 Thus shall ye say unto them, The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens.
As shown in the verse above the LORD has declared judgement against all false gods such as you. Something that is explicitly shown in Psalm 82:1.
God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.
You blithely ignore that part and quote the 6th verse, also conveniently ignoring the truth of the 7th verse. Do you see how this mirrors Lucifer's descent in Isaiah 14.

Our confession is this:
1 Co 8:5-6 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
Re: Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? by jaffi: 10:52pm On Feb 21, 2010
YOU SEE TO UNDERSTAND THIS STUFF,SPIRITUAL UNDERSTANDING IS HIGHLY NEEDED.
nO man understandeth things except God reveals it to him.
Jesus said as the father as sent me so send i you, what did he mean by this statement.

@aletha am not here forming lick .Am just dishing out the truth in all sincereity according to the eternal word of God.
there is no way you can function correctly in the kingdom without faith.
Nobody is saying we are God almighty,we are just His kids and if a dog bring forth he brings forth a dog(puppies).
the same characritics as it parent so we are born of God so what are we, ?
it's very simple to understand but not with sence knowledge.
it's got to be by revelation knowledge thru the ministry of the HOLY GHOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

didn;t you read in the book of ACT Apostle paul was refferred to as god in human skin
read that account for yourself.
even sometimes the unsaved/sinner get this stuff faster with no arguement than the saint of God.
Re: Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? by viaro: 12:04am On Feb 22, 2010
Hello jaffi,

It's true that spiritual understanding is most needed in the things of God - and I'm sure several readers would appreciate your sincerity in sharing your convictions. But here is something in yours:

jaffi:

didn;t you read in the book of ACT Apostle paul was refferred to as god in human skin
read that account for yourself.
even sometimes the unsaved/sinner get this stuff faster with no arguement than the saint of God.

The passage you may be referring to is Acts 14, no? Let me quote some verses:

[list]Acts 14

11And when the people saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voices, saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come down to us in the likeness of men. 12And they called Barnabas, Jupiter; and Paul, Mercurius, because he was the chief speaker. 13Then the priest of Jupiter, which was before their city, brought oxen and garlands unto the gates, and would have done sacrifice with the people.[/list]

Now, in reading the above, some in our day might have been inclined to imagine that the apostles Paul and Barnabas would have enjoyed the appellation of gods ascribed to them in the Lycaonian language. Just imagine if it were some of our celebrated WOF televangelists - wouldn't they have been so glad that some Lycaonians called them 'gods'?

But neither Paul nor Barnabas reacted or responded in such a manner. Rather, they showed they were not seeking to present themselves as 'gods' to anyone. The subsequent verses in Acts 14 speak for themselves ~

[list]14Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of, they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out, 15And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein.[/list]

I'm sure the "vanities" in verse 15 being referred to is the notion of ascribing the appellation of 'gods' to the apostles. It is indeed vanity of vanity for Christians (apostles or apostates) to pass themselves off as 'gods'. But if that is not clear, then look again at the apostles' reaction and response to the Lycaonians - "We also are men of like passions with you" {not only were they "men", they were such of "like passions" with those to whom they preached}. Does that suggest at all that the apostles thought the Lycaonians were "gods" as well?

Yet, as we have noted earlier about 'God', so the apostles pointed out Who it is that they preached: "the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein". This is clearly affirming the same thing that the prophet Jeremiah said ~

[list]"Thus shall ye say unto them, The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens" (Jeremiah 10:11).[/list]

Listen to the apostles - it doesn't do us any damage to turn away from the "vanities" of making Christian men into gods (whether of the Lycaonians or Lagosians). To do so (in the manner that WoF has entrenched themselves in) is what the apostles indeed called vanities in Acts 14:15 turn from such.
Re: Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? by mamagee3(f): 12:07am On Feb 22, 2010
Faith is the belief in God and all that he stands for, Simple!
Re: Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? by jaffi: 10:17am On Feb 22, 2010
Good point bro,
we as Christians are not suppose to accept the praises of men or allow it get to our heads-watch out for pride!
but that does not mean that we should not take our place of divinity-gods and act like one 'cos the whole waiteth for the manifastionns of the sons of God.
you know what am talking about!

Back to faith,do you believe in faithwalk?
you can't get so much done without it anyways!
i have basketful testimonies thru this tool call faith.
and when i talk about faith i mean not just faith to get material things but for spiritual development.

How do u get to pray for those that deliberately wronged you-by faith.
to respond to God's word must/is by faith.
Give offering is by faith
praying is by faith
forgiving by faith
loving is by faith
patience is by faith.what have you?think on anything in the kingdom it must be by FAITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My brother WOF is needed.
check it out.
Re: Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? by Joagbaje(m): 12:43pm On Feb 22, 2010
YE ARE GODS

There is difference between lucifer trying to be like God and Man who God has made in his image. Adam was created in the image and likeness to function like God . As a matter of fact Adam was created to be God of this world.
But he lost the glory before he could finish his training.so Adam did not fully mature in the image of God.

Psalm 115:16
The heaven, [even] the heavens, [are] the LORD'S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.

Man was creted to be superior to Satan and angels. Satan had angelic power but Adamic authority God gave man was higher than angelic power. When Satan made Adam fall, he took over Adamic power, that was what made Satan "God of this world".

2Cor 4:3,4
But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Satan began to function in Adamic power.That was why he could come into the presence of God in Job. Because Adamic power was superior to angelic power.He knew the potential of man but helped him destroy it. He did not lie to eve in a sense.

Gen 3:5[/b]
For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

This was Gods plan for man to function in the class of God as sons . God didnt deny the fact.
Gen 3:22
And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

The Adamic power lucifer gained made it impossible for man to defeat him  and made it impossible for angels to defeat him either. Angel micheal once defeated lucifer in heaven but when Satan gained Adamic power micheal could not stand him because now he had a higher authority . Remember the scenario when he was sent to prevent Satan from stealing the body of Moses. He couldn't fight him as he did before , he had to use a higher name. Angels don't toy with spiritual authority. He treated Satan with respect!

Jude 1:8
Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

But this authority belong to man. Except that he lost it prematurely to Satan.That was why when Jesus came as our representative being the second Adam ,Satan had the audacity to demand worship.

Luke 4:5,6
And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
And  said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me . ; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

But what he didn't know was that Jesus came as a new Adam , he didn't have the nature of sin . He was a son of God. The term used for sonship denotes class. A son of God means "In the class of God" Adam was also called Son of God.

Luke 3:38
Adam, which was [the son] of God.

Dogs gives birth to dogs, monkey gives birth to monkey, God gave birth to his likeness.

1John 5:4
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, [even] our faith.

Anything that comes from God is God . The word of God is God. When the word of God comes to you , It makes you in his likeness. If you are born again , you become as holy as God is , as righteous as he is because you have his nature .

IJohn 4:17 
Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world  .

The jews understood this  when Jesus said he was son of God , it meant equality with the father. They were mad.

[color=#990000]John 10:34,35
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

David said prophetically in psalms " ye are gods but ye shall die like men" he explained the reason in the preceding verses . He said because they knew not , they understood not , they walk on in darkness.That is why they die like men.

It important to know that a new creation In christ right now has atttained what Adam couldn't attain. He is superior to Adam, he is superior to Satan . He is a partaker of the life and nature of God the father .

1pet1:4
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature,
Re: Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? by jaffi: 3:21pm On Feb 22, 2010
Good talk!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am a partaker of his divine nature.
Glory to God.
am a god and i reign in this life.Glory be to God.
Re: Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? by viaro: 3:27pm On Feb 22, 2010
jaffi:

. . . that does not mean that we should not take our place of divinity-gods and act like one 'cos the whole waiteth for the manifastionns of the sons of God.
jaffi:

am a god and i reign in this life.Glory be to God.

But wait. .  not so fast, brother. I have one question: did you make the heavens and the earth, yes or no?

If your answer is no, you have no business claiming your 'divinity' - please go read Jeremiah 10:11 again. grin
Re: Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? by viaro: 3:30pm On Feb 22, 2010
Joagbaje:

There is difference between lucifer trying to be like God and Man who God has made in his image. Adam was created in the image and likeness to function like God . As a matter of fact Adam was created to be God of this world.

Where did you read the bold part in Scripture? Do people have to force such falsehoods all in the name of a WOF argument?

If you cannot find any verse in Scripture referring to Adam as 'God', are you not confirming the fact that heresy is at the root of your theology as much as is characteristic of the WOF movement?
Re: Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? by fyneguy: 3:57pm On Feb 22, 2010
Viaro,

Your problem is that the statement is strong meat to you.

You need to understand what he meant by ''God of this world''. If I called my self ''The sibling of Jesus Christ'', I'm sure you would call it heresy, as it would appear there's no direct use of ''sibling'' in the scripture to describe my status.

''God of this world'' refers to one who has the God-sanctioned authority to rule over the world! Adam was in this stead until he lost it to Satan.
Re: Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? by JeSoul(f): 4:14pm On Feb 22, 2010
Viaro,

you never hear? the meat is too strong for you! grin

I respect with great honor anyone who "discusses" with these prosperity gospelers. Its like they are robots, they've been programmed to think and respond in a particular way, using a particular set of words, turning a blind eye and deaf ear to any and all scripture that contradicts that flawed, unbiblical gospel.
Re: Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? by fyneguy: 4:17pm On Feb 22, 2010
JeSoul:

Viaro,

you never hear? the meat is too strong for you!  grin

I respect with great honor anyone who "discusses" with these prosperity gospelers. Its like they are robots, they've been programmed to think and respond in a particular way, using a particular set of words, turning a blind eye and deaf ear to any and all scripture that contradicts that flawed, unbiblical gospel.

Programmed? oh Yeah I'm programed. That's another strong meat for your likes tongue
Re: Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? by viaro: 4:30pm On Feb 22, 2010
JeSoul:

Viaro,

you never hear? the meat is too strong for you! grin

Now viaro is in deep trouble! I just 'knew' somewhere that I've been drinking too much 'Cow&Gate' (afterall, my e-jailor commander Nuclearboy would not let me back on carbonated drinks!). grin

How are you doing anyways?
Re: Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? by viaro: 4:34pm On Feb 22, 2010
fyneguy:

Programmed? oh Yeah I'm programed. That's another strong meat for your likes tongue

Hey you! Just leave Jesoul my (and your) sister alone, you hear me? grin

fyneguy:

Viaro,

Your problem is that the statement is strong meat to you.

You need to understand what he meant by ''God of this world''. If I called my self ''The sibling of Jesus Christ'', I'm sure you would call it heresy, as it would appear there's no direct use of ''sibling'' in the scripture to describe my status.

''God of this world'' refers to one who has the God-sanctioned authority to rule over the world! Adam was in this stead until he lost it to Satan.

Okay, fyneguy, I should not be tedious to you on this one. There's more to say, but I need to take a chill pill and not force a counter-argument upon you. Maybe later we shall come back to discuss more on this, yes?

Blessings. wink
Re: Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? by fyneguy: 4:49pm On Feb 22, 2010
Viaro

lol

You can be sure I won't allow this to degenerate into an unnecessary argument with you. I have only pointed out the mistakes many christians make.

It was on this same religious forum that Kunle Oshob opened a thread that sought to belittle the word ''Born again'', by claiming that the word was not usually used in the bible.

I don't think we should allow unprofitable semantics to becloud biblical connotations.
Re: Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? by JeSoul(f): 4:51pm On Feb 22, 2010
viaro:

Now viaro is in deep trouble! I just 'knew' somewhere that I've been drinking too much 'Cow&Gate' (afterall, my e-jailor commander Nuclearboy would not let me back on carbonated drinks!). grin

Hehe grin, bad Viaro, your elders Joagbaje, Jaffi have been munching on some solid goat meat and shaki and cracking chicken bones down to the marrow and you're still on Cowbell milk?  grin  

How are you doing anyways?
I am well oh. And honestly gaining a new appreciation everyday for your entries. Not to shine your ego here but it takes massive effort to respond to these guys, going deep into muddy posts and responding in detail . . . you and TV do that very well and I salute. Me, I no fit at all, I just shake my head and move on. So multiple kudos and please carry on, like I once told your e-commander Nuclearboy (right title abi? smiley), don't let my mischeivious comedic drive-bys distract, please carry on!
Re: Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? by viaro: 5:02pm On Feb 22, 2010
fyneguy:

Viaro

lol

You can be sure I won't allow this to degenerate into an unnecessary argument with you. I have only pointed out the mistakes many christians make.

It was on this same religious forum that Kunle Oshob opened a thread that sought to belittle the word ''Born again'', by claiming that the word was not usually used in the bible.

Hehe, what would we not see again in this world? Is it not 'Nairaland' afterall - where else would you find the above?? grin

I don't think we should allow unprofitable semantics to becloud biblical connotations.

That's cool. God bless you. smiley
Re: Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? by viaro: 5:17pm On Feb 22, 2010
JeSoul:

Hehe grin, bad Viaro, your elders Joagbaje, Jaffi have been munching on some solid goat meat and shaki and cracking chicken bones down to the marrow and you're still on Cowbell milk? grin

Don't blame me . . . we should have closed down the 'Cow&Gate', SMA and 'CowBell' family of industries so we could all grow up maturely and fit for various munching. Only then (I suppose) would we be fit to chew and masticate anything and everything from dinosaurs' bones to rhinos with keratin and crustaceans/'anthrops' with solid chitin! Our 'elders' are not taking good care of us - otherwise they ought to have let us known these things! grin

I am well oh. And honestly gaining a new appreciation everyday for your entries. Not to shine your ego here but it takes massive effort to respond to these guys, going deep into muddy posts and responding in detail . . . you and TV do that very well and I salute. Me, I no fit at all, I just shake my head and move on. So multiple kudos and please carry on, like I once told your e-commander Nuclearboy (right title abi? smiley), don't let my mischeivious comedic drive-bys distract, please carry on!

Glad to know you're doing well. I salute others who handle the Word more maturely (and believe me - Nairaland has opened my eyes to many things). My e-commander is just brilliant . . . he has not disappointed me but knows just how to straighten me out with a slight clearing of his throat! grin

Much blessings.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do Ghosts Really Exist According To The Bible? @itsfact And @ravgach / There Are No Atheists! / GSA Redefined!!! Born Again Christians And Singles Come In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.