Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin (36598 Views)

Abdulmumin Jibrin Defends Buhari's Tooth-picking Photo By Comparing It To Obama / President Buhari Meets With Abdulmumin Jibrin (Photo) / Abdulmumin Jibrin: "Is This The Buhari We Know? Noooooo Something Is Wrong! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin by afroniger: 4:52pm On Aug 21, 2017

Author: Buchi Obichie

- Honorable Abdulmumin Jibrin stated that he did not expect the president to read his speech as though he was announcing a coup d’etat

- The embattled former chairman of the Appropriations Committee noted that it was fair for people to have ideas and expectations about what Buhari was going to say

- The president returned to the country on Saturday, August 18, after being away for over 100 days as he tended to an undisclosed ailment in London

Honorable Abdulmumin Jibrin, the suspended member of Nigeria’s lower legislative chambers, has also reacted to the speech delivered by President Muhammadu Buhari, today, August 21.

In a post on his twitter handle, @AbdulAbmJ, the former chairman of the Appropriations Committee, described the speech as one announcing a ‘coup d’etat.

READ ALSO: Suspected ritual killer escapes from police custody

He tweeted:

The president’s speech marked the first time he had addressed the nation in a live broadcast since departing the country for the United Kingdom, to treat an undisclosed illness.

Buhari had been away for over 100 days and had taken up residence at the Abuja House, London, during that time.

He returned to the country on Saturday, August 18, and was received by APC officials and some governors at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja.

https://www.naij.com/1121359-buhari-read-speech-a-coup-detat-announcement-abdulmumin-jibrin.html

1 Share

Re: Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin by ekensi01: 4:57pm On Aug 21, 2017
Lol, i smell death all around him.

Just for laugh.

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin by KinzyeWriter(m): 4:58pm On Aug 21, 2017
grin
Re: Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin by ojun50(m): 5:09pm On Aug 21, 2017
He should jst resign

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin by DabLord: 5:11pm On Aug 21, 2017
Leave PMB alone na.abi wetin be all this madness na.. Some people brain need to be check daily... Mtcheeeew

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin by SalamRushdie: 5:11pm On Aug 21, 2017
The worst part is that he keeps threatening the citizens and the economy with poverty all the the time cry cry ..Abeg which kind president is this one Na

160 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin by Ahmed0336(m): 5:18pm On Aug 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:
The worst part is that he keeps threatening the citizens and the economy with poverty all the the time cry cry ..Abeg which kind president is this one Na
Long live PMB grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin by aminu790(m): 5:25pm On Aug 21, 2017
It pained many people. I pity them well

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin by crestedaguiyi: 5:56pm On Aug 21, 2017
hahahahahahahaha, even core hausa man condemned the threat to the citizens yet some afonja no get sense to throw Buharis trash into a trash can, shame

160 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin by Ra88: 6:23pm On Aug 21, 2017
cheesy
Re: Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin by Built2last: 6:32pm On Aug 21, 2017
Like a master talking to his subjects.

Unity of Nigeria is negotiable. Very negotiable.

Someone should please help me ask Buhari.

If unity or a union is not negotiable, why did he divorce his first wife.

The unity of Nigeria is not negotiable is the most Dumb statement of this century.

167 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 21, 2017
ojun50:
He should jst resign
WHY?... Thought you people claimed that he is dead?
Re: Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin by LesbianBoy(m): 7:24pm On Aug 21, 2017
This country don scatter embarassed

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin by Joshuasaintiago: 7:39pm On Aug 21, 2017
HE IS ONCE A COUP LEADER, WHAT DO U EXPECT FROM PLOTTER

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin by Teewhy2: 7:58pm On Aug 21, 2017
Dear President Buhari,
welcome back, we will like you to know that most of us who criticized your absence from work and some of your policies are not government haters or PDP sympathizers but want the best for ourselves and secure the future of our children. All of us can't relocate to other countries so will be happy to have a secured future.
After your medical tourism, we are sure you now know how a good hospital should look like and what a society looks like with constant electricity. We will appreciate if you can replicate all that , together with all other good things you enjoyed and saw while you're abroad, so that we won't be spending our hard earned foreign currencies on things we can enjoy here.
We will all eat the fruits of the land by GOD's grace

Considering doing a roof parapet?
check out price comparison between a concrete cast in suite against polystyrene parapet.
Polystyrene parapet is light weight and doesn't have much impact on the land.
excellent usage on swampy environment.
click below for more details.

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/4

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin by SNIPER123: 7:58pm On Aug 21, 2017
embarassed
Re: Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin by VivaDeAngelo(m): 7:58pm On Aug 21, 2017
For those that missed bubu's speech here it is below:

Ma zie citizenz, ayam sorry po zpending three kwanplete monthz in UK.

I wantad to Kwan back but Theresa wouldn't give me zat opportunity to do sur.

Even when ze national coordinator Osibande told me zat that boy call Kanu is still kwalling po Biafra, I vexed but say kawai nothing I neba spoil, I go meet him in Naijiria.

Please my fuful lets azz kwam togezar and make this kwantry a better flace.

Thanz you Lai
Thanx you Saraki
Kawai Eferemmadu
Kawai Osibande
Kawai konkonso
God bless Naijiria

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin by MrGreenMavro: 7:59pm On Aug 21, 2017
No privacy in Nigeria anymore,how will you be using your phone in the bus and somebody will say"Bro scroll back up small I no see dat girl picture wella"........

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin by PStacks(m): 7:59pm On Aug 21, 2017
grin so many sick people in Nigeria walahi
Re: Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin by cr7rooney10(m): 7:59pm On Aug 21, 2017
Thunder go fire u. Jibrin
Re: Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 21, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 7:59pm On Aug 21, 2017
We voted General Buhari to quell all enemies of the state Boko haram and their sympathizers, and all other noise makers
Re: Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin by TANKDESTROYER(m): 8:02pm On Aug 21, 2017
folks eye don dey clear

1 Like

Re: Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin by Franco93: 8:03pm On Aug 21, 2017
Truly, that speech looks like a declaration.
It looks like the declaration Arewa youths gave to igbos living in north.
Buhari's speech was exclusively directed to igbos and not the nation.
The northern mentality against the igbos remains the same.
We igbos need to fasten our seat belts.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin by LEXYCOM: 8:04pm On Aug 21, 2017
Can it be ever possible for the president to give a speech that will be acceptable to all without condemnation undecided

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin by Ladyjumong(f): 8:04pm On Aug 21, 2017
i just tire for naija embarassed
Re: Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 21, 2017
Hahaha its Troll O'clock for baba buhari
Re: Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin by princeade86(m): 8:07pm On Aug 21, 2017
I wept for this country. We the youth always support what is wrong because they are our fans.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin by rozayx5(m): 8:07pm On Aug 21, 2017
Lol dollard

On point grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin by Ladyjumong(f): 8:08pm On Aug 21, 2017
LEXYCOM:
Can it be ever possible for the president to give a speech that will be acceptable to all without condemnation undecided
bros being sincere, his speech was one-sided

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin by Willybos(m): 8:08pm On Aug 21, 2017
GreenMavro:
No privacy in Nigeria anymore,how will you be using your phone in the bus and somebody will say"Bro scroll back up small I no see dat girl picture wella"........
oboy.......
Re: Buhari Read His Speech Like A Coup D’etat Announcement - Abdulmumin Jibrin by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 21, 2017
Let this man breathe na? This is the most critisized president in this world.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo: PDP In Tight Corner Over Obaseki’s Ticket Bid / Pictures and video From The Apc Presidential Campaign Rally In Edo / Policewoman Working Under The Rain In Ibadan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.