Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,287 members, 7,780,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:45 PM

Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) (39307 Views)

2 Chinese Men Peeping To See Buhari In China Through Curtains (Photo) / Men Caught Sharing Money To Voters In Ekiti, Bundled Away By Security Men.Photos / Soldiers Storm Gboko, Benue State After Killing Of Fulani Men. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by Iseoluwani: 9:50pm On Aug 21, 2017
Hmm
Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by ZeroUnity: 9:50pm On Aug 21, 2017
They will still come and tell us that the resources flowed from the Northern part of this country... Claimers everywhere...... kiss kiss

4 Likes

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 9:51pm On Aug 21, 2017
watch as one group go claim say this follow join thier new country infact, them get name for this area olden days, make we wait dem go soon show.

1 Like

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by Robbin7(m): 9:51pm On Aug 21, 2017
Watching closely, you people are giving NNamdi KANU more energy and reason to agitate for Biafra with Cross liver along.

Okay don't say I didn't warn u o

Both parties
KANU and NIGERIA.

Wait o, how authentic is the news before we begin apply for job
Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by HDee(m): 9:52pm On Aug 21, 2017
grin
Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by joncom(m): 9:53pm On Aug 21, 2017
please, I need to know why we don't hear about the minerals in the North? 'cos I know it's been mined daily. or is it exclusively for the north?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by Drive512(m): 9:57pm On Aug 21, 2017
oduastates:
Of what use are all the so called professor of geology, Dr of geography and all those "expert" waving and accumulating useless degrees all over the place .
When I say Nigeria is useless , some people wonder how a citizen can be so harsh .
The other time I said 99% of Nigerians are neither Muslims nor Christains because the type ,behaviour ,patriotism and humility of christains and muslims I see and I've seen around the world is different ......
Over 100 million human being , yet we need to travel across the world to find experts .
How much is it to send a couple of first class graduates on a 4 year practical training training in road construction , geology,engineering etc . Yet we spend billions sending people to worship a stone in Mecca and a burial ground in Jerusalem.
What are Nigerian professors doing ? Lazying around ,waiting to collect salaries and sell handouts .
Kudos to cross river
I wish I could join you in saying this over and over again, I've never imagined any country as useless as Nigeria. It's really pathetic

3 Likes

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by Shakingdbumbum: 9:58pm On Aug 21, 2017
The company head quarter will be in Lagos while the security personnel will be indigene.

4 Likes

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by stankezzy: 10:01pm On Aug 21, 2017
northerners farm their barren land and put their money in their pockets , South south and south east their lands are mined and the money put in general pocket , giving them ss 5%, se 5% , north 70% , West 20%

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by Bgorgeous: 10:01pm On Aug 21, 2017
We have all it takes to be self relayant but no greed won't let us
Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by Sanchez01: 10:01pm On Aug 21, 2017
biafran1stson:
The Land of the Rising Sun is richly blessed

Nigeria we reject thee!

Biafra we hail thee!
I don't understand. How is Cross River a part of Biafra

2 Likes

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 10:02pm On Aug 21, 2017
Shakingdbumbum:
I just pity for all the so called SS Niger delta tribes. The kind of disaster waiting for their children will be terrible with all these mining going on. They should never in future put eye on any Igbo land the way they did at PH during the last civil war. Nigeria know why that igbos will not tolerate this stupid mining.
Bross make Una wait till dem reach igbo Land, as it stands dem dey cross Rivers, or Una too wan claim here? grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 10:02pm On Aug 21, 2017
Sanchez01:

I don't understand. How is Cross River a part of Biafra
I nor tell Una say dem go soon show, the developer ahahaha grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 10:05pm On Aug 21, 2017
Woawwwwwww !!!! Uranium Dats soo kulll
Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by nonso84(m): 10:06pm On Aug 21, 2017
为什么我们的人民喜欢被外国人'精神上'殖民化? 为什么我们不能用我们的大脑?
上帝保佑尼日利亚。
Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by Ezyp(m): 10:06pm On Aug 21, 2017
stankezzy:
northerners farm their barren land and put their money in their pockets , South south and south east their lands are mined and the money put in general pocket , giving them ss 5%, se 5% , north 70% , West 20%
My brother God bless you for this statement

5 Likes

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by hotspec(m): 10:07pm On Aug 21, 2017
oduastates:
Of what use are all the so called professor of geology, Dr of geography and all those "expert" waving and accumulating useless degrees all over the place .
When I say Nigeria is useless , some people wonder how a citizen can be so harsh .
The other time I said 99% of Nigerians are neither Muslims nor Christains because the type ,behaviour ,patriotism and humility of christains and muslims I see and I've seen around the world is different ......
Over 100 million human being , yet we need to travel across the world to find experts .
How much is it to send a couple of first class graduates on a 4 year practical training training in road construction , geology,engineering etc . Yet we spend billions sending people to worship a stone in Mecca and a burial ground in Jerusalem.
What are Nigerian professors doing ? Lazying around ,waiting to collect salaries and sell handouts .
Kudos to cross river
Guy, u made my night. God butter ur bread. People like u and i are needed to move ds country 4wd.

2 Likes

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by VajanahDischaj(f): 10:08pm On Aug 21, 2017
Uranium? Hmmmm! Nuclear things onpoint

1 Like

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by cytell56: 10:08pm On Aug 21, 2017
PrettyCrystal:
A group of miners from China has been prospecting for solid minerals all over the state for some weeks and so far, iron ore (magnetite) that stretches the land expanse of 10 kilometres from Iso-Bendeghe in Boki Local Government to Bendeghe-Afi in Ikom Local Government Area larger than the one found in Ajaokuta in Kogi State has been discovered. Infact, it has been confirmed that the iron ore deposit found in Cross River State is the largest in Nigeria.

In Nkarasi 2, Ikom LGA, a very massive quantity of rutile was found. It has never been imagined that rutile will ever be found in Cross River untill now. Rutile is used for the production of electronic components like capacitors, transistors, diodes and ICs. This is another interesting aspect of this prospecting process because it means that Cross River has the complete raw materials to produce electronics from start to finish.

Galena (Led ore) has also been discovered in Osina, in Yala and Iyamitate in Obubra and several other Local Governments. As we know, led is used for soldering and its demand is very high. Moreover, some Galena have silver after purification.

In Okpoma, Yala, 16million metric tones of salt deposit has been discovered and the quality is very high. At Idomi in Yakurr LGA, uranium has been discovered in very large quantity. Uranium is used for the manufacturing of atomic energy by world powers.

Apart from Akamkpa, huge quantities of lime stone have been found in Idomi, Yakurr, Boki etc. The China based mining company is ready for mining, once the prospecting and exploration is completed.

Though some have argued that issues of mineral resources, as enshrined in the fundamental rules of regime, are exclusive preserve of the Federal Government, the fact remains that the federal and state could go into a confederacy mostly when the investors' partnership preferment is the state.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/08/iron-ore-marbles-salt-deposit-others-discovered-in-cross-river.html

Credit; Calabar News Machines.

Chinese are exploiters
Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by goshen26: 10:09pm On Aug 21, 2017
DickDastardLION:
grin grin
Bad News.
One more reason now for Arewa to increase the "One Nijeriya" Chant grin cheesy

And they are still looking for at least one mineral resource
Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by 0b100100111: 10:10pm On Aug 21, 2017
Zico5:
We are waiting for people from the red soil to begin their chants of Biafra in another mans land. They will soon remind the cross river that there is nothing like south south but only eastern Nigeria. I pray everyone should bear his fathers name and see who will lose at the end.

You Said it all!

If they can be laying claims to Benue, Cross-River is toy grin

1 Like

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by DMainMan: 10:10pm On Aug 21, 2017
nonso84:
为什么我们的人民喜欢被外国人'精神上'殖民化? 为什么我们不能用我们的大脑?
上帝保佑尼日利亚。

Why do our people like to be 'spiritually' colonized by
foreigners? Why can not we use our brains? God bless
Nigeria.

nice one. Common lets speak Chinese

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by Ashley86400: 10:11pm On Aug 21, 2017
Get those racist chinkos out!

They hate black people and always portray Africa in a bad light in their country.

In their country they deny educated black people jobs and prefer to hire white people from third world European countries just because of their absurd worship for the white skin.

They shout "heiren" when they see black people and openly claim their race is higher than the blacks.

If they even manage to give black people jobs in their country, they'll say it's Obama skin coloured blacks they want.

A Chinese recruiter once told me they didn't like hiring black English teachers because the parents of the students taught the teacher might scare the kids because he is too black. Can you believe that ?

Most of them see black people as lesser humans.

Coming to Africa to finish what the white man didn't.
And we open them with loving arms and shout "sir, sir" when we see them- ready to give them homes, cars and money, but a similar Nigerian with the same qualifications won't be given half of that.
On the road, you see these washed up foreigners conduction road constructions. .for how many years will they keep doing our work for us. .don't we have engineering/ Geography/Geology students ? What do they do after graduating with outstanding degrees? Must they keep working under these same people and calling them "Ogas"?
One step forward, a thousand steps back.

Why was I created on this continent with it's series of ever growing problems and mental backwardness? undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by Dthespian: 10:12pm On Aug 21, 2017
Ura what! be deceiving Urself In large quantity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 10:12pm On Aug 21, 2017
0b100100111:

You Said it all!

If they can be laying claims to Benue, Cross-River is toy grin
I trust Cross River people, dem nor gentle like PH boys, dem go mix dem with dog meat take drink peper soup grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by Nbote(m): 10:12pm On Aug 21, 2017
D problem isn't discovering minerals, its actually what do we do with our discovery..
Ajaokuta is running over with iron ore and we are yet to mine any... Same goes to d hundreds of other minerals including hotcakes like Uranium and other radioactive minerals...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 10:13pm On Aug 21, 2017
VajanahDischaj:
Uranium? Hmmmm! Nuclear things onpoint
NAhh they are hoping, cos if thats the case dressed like that, dem don die B dat.Its a highly radioactive substance.You to uch you die.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by stankezzy: 10:13pm On Aug 21, 2017
oduastates:
Kudos to cross river
problem of the country is that the north ruleing does not have practical brain , West have a bit but mostly for story telling/theory , it is only south east and some south south , that can do the theory and practical so who are they going to send , an igbo man? If u daught go to oil companies where they do things on merit , most oil companies 80% of their engineers are igbos , 70% of human resource management officers are yorubas , no hausa , no middle belt , then senior officers foreigners

1 Like

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by don4real18(m): 10:14pm On Aug 21, 2017
I hope they are aware that Uranium can cause cancer

1 Like

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 10:15pm On Aug 21, 2017
biafran1stson:
The Land of the Rising Sun is richly blessed

Nigeria we reject thee!

Biafra we hail thee!

Seee this Idiotic Pig, You no here wen the Obong of Calabar reject Una ?
Attache Generals

2 Likes

Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by babooshka: 10:15pm On Aug 21, 2017
Hope they actually av mining rights, cos that's how they caught some illegal ones d oda day.
Re: Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) by oduastates: 10:17pm On Aug 21, 2017
Drive512:

I wish I could join you in saying this over and over again, I've never imagined any country as useless as Nigeria. It's really pathetic

No 1 culprit is the religion.
Religion in Nigeria is like mental illness .
One of the spirits of the yoruba religion and culture is the spirit of Revolution.
It is such the religion inspired yoruba slaves in Brazil and Haiti to conduct successful revolutions
The Spanish and French were so scared of yoruba religion that they banned it .
No way that someone who calls himself eniyan( A human being -the highest thing to aspire to ) would make excuses for all the wrongs,oppression and criminality going on in Nigeria .
Nigeria pastors and Imam ( I will partially excuse the Catholic,Anglican and Methodist) worship what is known as supply side Jesus .
This is the religion of the Market and not the religion morality and community.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku Reacts As 157 Die In Plane Crash "Ethiopian Airlines" / Photos As Kwankwaso Declares For President In Abuja. Red Caps Everywhere / Coronavirus: Bala Mohammed Recovers, Tests Negative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.