Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,824 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande (19190 Views)

Yahaya Kwande: Buhari’s Corruption Fight Is ‘Nonsense’ / Atiku's Close Friend Kwande Urges Him To 'pick Up The Phone And Call Buhari' / Kwande, APC BOT Member, Attends PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Jos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 22, 2017
malton:

Kogi is a reflection of Nigeria itself. What you said is the truth. I've lived in and know Kogi well enough to understand your POV. I just hope that someday, we'll realize that the problem is not the marriage itself and that it only seems like a marriage of strange bedfellows because we haven't been allowed the time to know each other better.

A lot of times, we form opinions off of others' perceptions without experiences of our own. We can learn to love if we try. Chances are that you have never had a direct confrontation with an Igala or Ebira person before.

Whether you are the same state or not, someday, somehow, you'd always get in each other's way. It's life. If we must solve every problem by division, not even one family will be left.

I have o. My mum just even severed ties with an Ebira woman whom she thought of as a friend. Even Igalas, I have lived with them and tried dating one self.
Re: North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande by malton: 12:34pm On Aug 22, 2017
fk001:

What's the definition of middle belt? let's start from there.

I hope you will not tell me that " middle belt is a region or territory that is predominantly occupied by Christians and detest Islam"

Joker!!!!

I wanted to explain in-depth, but seeing as you already referred to me as a joker, it means that you have made up your mind already and are not willing to listen to dissenting voices.

And no, it's nothing to do with religion. I wonder why it makes you bitter.

1 Like

Re: North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande by rhames(m): 12:34pm On Aug 22, 2017
sarrki:

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/north-north-no-middle-belt-kwande/

yes i can understand the reason why he was spewing this trash. He was chairman of Benue Cement Company in Gboko while Joshua Dariye was managing director of that same entity which both and their cronies successfully grounded as an entity until the arrival of Dangote to the rescue of the organisation from these hawks. He was one of those against Joseph Tarka's Middle Belt movement which came about when they discovered that the North West dominated the politics and the economy of then Northern Nigeria.

I dont expect him to support any youth in power because he is a very strong member of the cabal ruling this country.

Ambassador Kwande please contribute something else than spewing this thrash

1 Like 1 Share

Re: North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande by stilldoingokay(f): 12:36pm On Aug 22, 2017
there is different between middle belt and north ooh, bcoz we are two different people

1 Like

Re: North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande by stilldoingokay(f): 12:37pm On Aug 22, 2017
there is different between middle belt and north ooh, bcoz we are two different people.

1 Like

Re: North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande by malton: 12:46pm On Aug 22, 2017
kennygee:

I have o. My mum just even severed ties with an Ebira woman whom she thought of as a friend. Even Igalas, I have lived with them and tried dating one self.

Damn. That's regrettable.

I'm sorry about you and your mum's experiences. That's terrible.

Quite on the contrary, my experiences with Igalas, Ebiras, and Okun have been great thus far. I have many of them as friends and was room mates for years in the uni with An Ebira guy whom others considered as impossible. Whether it has something to do with my not being from Kogi, I can't say for sure.

At this point, I can only hope that someday you will have positive encounters that will change your opinion. Bet I understand the point you're driving home better now. But I implore you to be open-minded regardless.
Re: North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 22, 2017
malton:

Damn. That's regrettable.

I'm sorry about you and your mum's experiences. That's terrible.

Quite on the contrary, my experiences with Igalas, Ebiras, and Okun have been great thus far. I have many of them as friends and was room mates for years in the uni with An Ebira guy whom others considered as impossible. Whether it has something to do with my not being from Kogi, I can't say for sure.

At this point, I can only hope that someday you will have positive encounters that will change your opinion. Bet I understand the point you're driving home better now. But I implore you to be open-minded regardless.

Let's see how it goes.

1 Like

Re: North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande by DateMynd44(m): 1:15pm On Aug 22, 2017
royalamour:
Mr. Ambassador, we can never be part of the north.
Never! We have more than enough resources to last us billions of years.

You see we don't need and want you.
Re: North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande by fk001(m): 1:16pm On Aug 22, 2017
malton:

I wanted to explain in-depth, but seeing as you already referred to me as a joker, it means that you have made up your mind already and are not willing to listen to dissenting voices.

Then what is it about?
Re: North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande by Reference(m): 1:30pm On Aug 22, 2017
kennygee:

Its not the hate self, I don't like that state Kogi, I don't like the ethnic groups we share the state with, we barely tolerate each other.

If I had a choice, I'd change the state ASAP, but I'll just wait for marriage to do that for me.

You see what I've been saying for years. We are just tolerating one another in this country. That is why we have to restructure. Right now because of the animosity no single positive, sustainable development goal can be achieved. Every Nigerian is a short term thinker by default because he nervously waits for the bomb to go off. How can we progress like this. That is why corruption thrives. It is the only viable business amongst rivals possible. Nothing legit works well because its requires absolute solidarity across the nation. A nation without shared values can never prosper. So instead of walking around with clumsy bomb proof apparel daily why not seek to difuse the danger. Instead of planting shrubs as the citizens of Pompeii did awaiting volcanic events anytime why not plant the trees of longer term, sustainable partnerships. These are the reasons why we cannot afford not to restructure Nigeria to live as real human beings and not as some unfortunately say as animals in a zoo, just tolerating each other.

Restructuring means sitting down to explore our differences and negotiating a way to appease one another by giving up everything that offends the other, simple.

3 Likes

Re: North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande by kutchs: 1:47pm On Aug 22, 2017
mrvitalis:

As an Igbo man I don't intend to go into politics

But when I watch my people complain about how the north dominate politics I laugh

Honestly it will not take me 10 years to dislodge Hausa/Fulani from power

There are a lot of oprressed tribes in the north ...build a party that will give the northern minority a chance and what Hausa/Fulani lose over 8 states in the north if not more

Igbo leaders are not calculative when it comes to politics ....Jonathan should have never been president ( igbos should have supported the north ) we would be in power now

My people are too individualistic ...

Through out my life I will try to unit the igbos (economically ).... We can dominate Nigeria like we did in the 60s to 70s
This is the most stupid comment I have read in ages. Tell me why Jonathan should never have been president. Isn't he qualified? Tell me the guarantee you have that an Igbo would have been president had the Igbo supported a northerner.
What have you gained from your previous support of the north?

2 Likes

Re: North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande by Reference(m): 1:54pm On Aug 22, 2017
fk001:

You must be joking right?

Why not kuku add Numan of Adamawa state in your middle belt imagination, since Numan are predominantly Christians

The identity these people project as being middle-beltans (permit me) is from their Christian heritage, the same way most middle-beltans of islamic heritage will want to lean towards the core north. So dividing those identities into geographical expresssions will be impossible to draw. This is where restructuring comes in. If two divided by two is one, then let one religion divide or eliminate the other to unite. That is secularism in the most puritan form. Agree to make religion of no consequence whatsoever in a future Nigeria. That is agree to make it a crminal offence to openly or privately discriminate based on ones religious affiliation. So everything from discriminatory language such as a Christian calling a moslem a heathen or a moslem calling a non moslem an infidel becomes outlawed to more contentious matters of security and capital crimes. Agree to outlaw them all. It is these things the core north saw well in advance and pushed for sharia law so that they have all their populace on alert and ready to resist a perceived de-islamization of their domains. It was a well calculated socio-political, socio-economic strategy of dark proportions aimed at confronting any attempts to restructure the country by taking a vantage point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande by Akpan107(m): 2:35pm On Aug 22, 2017
Terkimbi01:

You are very intelligent and I love your reasoning.
However, on the different approaches by the core north and the south east, I see the north as very subtle.

What they give to us is Greek gifts. we don't really wield any power. they use us at will and dump us at will.

The core north plays us like a game.

as for the East, I think its time we explore a handshake.
don't ignore the ignoble role we played during the war courtesy of the core north.

from all standards, the Igbo's are not violent, they are not killers. On these two accounts the core north can go to blazes.

Nice One! God bless you.
Re: North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande by Malawian(m): 3:27pm On Aug 22, 2017
Aufbauh:

Sure, of a truth I'm more closer to the Igbos either by proximity or blood line than any tribe in the country be it Igede or Tiv in my state. In fact my mum is from Isi uzor LG. in Enugu state, a neighbouring village to my paternal home in Benue state.

But of a truth, I've not been impressed by the way the Igbos play their politics. They should learn to consult with others, consolidate on their friendship with others before confronting a perceived opposition .
Igbo people are not meant for politics, even worse with the motley mob present in Nigeria. We are more of trailblazers, and when our BIAFRA comes, we will show the world a new method of Democracy. We are honest people, we cant compete in this Nigerian mode of politics.

3 Likes

Re: North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande by Lumig: 3:33pm On Aug 22, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
okun is an exception.....they are purely sw..I don't know how they got that far in kogi...I need history lessons..they are too far from their kinsmen
Re: North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande by Paperwhite(m): 3:52pm On Aug 22, 2017
ehie:
if this f00l who was probably around during the firt TIV uprising from 1960-1964 when the Tivs wanted to seperate from the North and then the Northerners used Pam to quell the riots he would realise from time immeorial that we the middle belters were the piooners of agitation.
The Old F00l is probably broke and needs peanuts from the Buharists .
We have nothing in common with Northernm Nigeria.
My sister I fell in love with your comment and you.Pls can we meet?
Re: North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande by Ojiofor: 3:58pm On Aug 22, 2017
If North is North when are they going to present a Northern christian as their presidential consensus candidate?

1 Like

Re: North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 22, 2017
kennygee:

I am not a northerner. I am a Yoruba woman who was unfortunate to find herself in the north.

You found yourself in the North?
That makes you a Northerner a.k.a Aboki

1 Like

Re: North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande by tuniski: 4:27pm On Aug 22, 2017
mrvitalis:

As an Igbo man I don't intend to go into politics

But when I watch my people complain about how the north dominate politics I laugh

Honestly it will not take me 10 years to dislodge Hausa/Fulani from power

There are a lot of oprressed tribes in the north ...build a party that will give the northern minority a chance and what Hausa/Fulani lose over 8 states in the north if not more

Igbo leaders are not calculative when it comes to politics ....Jonathan should have never been president ( igbos should have supported the north ) we would be in power now

My people are too individualistic ...

Through out my life I will try to unit the igbos (economically ).... We can dominate Nigeria like we did in the 60s to 70s
What a narrow assessment. Let all. Igbos support hausa/fulani for 100yrs, they will still not smell presidency. It will take the combined Might of yorubas and the minorities to birth an igbo Presidency! You can bank it.

1 Like

Re: North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande by mrvitalis(m): 4:30pm On Aug 22, 2017
tuniski:

What a narrow assessment. Let all. Igbos support hausa/fulani for 100yrs, they will still not smell presidency. It will take the combined Might of yorubas and the minorities to birth an igbo Presidency! You can bank it.
Your opinion there is no evidence in history to prove that
Re: North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande by tuniski: 4:33pm On Aug 22, 2017
mrvitalis:

Your opinion there is no evidence in history to prove that
GEJ's presidency is your proof!!!!!

1 Like

Re: North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande by mrvitalis(m): 4:42pm On Aug 22, 2017
tuniski:

GEJ's presidency is your proof!!!!!
How's is that a prove

First of all what did Jonathan do for north,name them
Re: North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande by tuniski: 4:49pm On Aug 22, 2017
mrvitalis:

How's is that a prove

First of all what did Jonathan do for north,name them
That is not my forte. The crust here is that once the yorubas together with the minorities champion a notion, it becomes a reality. In 2011 GeJ benefited from that and in 2015 buhari benefited QED!

2 Likes

Re: North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande by fk001(m): 5:06pm On Aug 22, 2017
Reference:

The identity these people project as being middle-beltans (permit me) is from their Christian heritage, the same way most middle-beltans of islamic heritage will want to lean towards the core north. So dividing those identities into geographical expresssions will be impossible to draw. This is where restructuring comes in. If two divided by two is one, then let one religion divide or eliminate the other to unite. That is secularism in the most puritan form. Agree to make religion of no consequence whatsoever in a future Nigeria. That is agree to make it a crminal offence to openly or privately discriminate based on ones religious affiliation. So everything from discriminatory language such as a Christian calling a moslem a heathen or a moslem calling a non moslem an infidel becomes outlawed to more contentious matters of security and capital crimes. Agree to outlaw them all. It is these things the core north saw well in advance and pushed for sharia law so that they have all their populace on alert and ready to resist a perceived de-islamization of their domains. It was a well calculated socio-political, socio-economic strategy of dark proportions aimed at confronting any attempts to restructure the country by taking a vantage point.

Well said, I also support restructuring.

And i hate division based on religion
Re: North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande by Henry22(m): 5:31pm On Aug 22, 2017
Hmmmmmmm....... Only God knows how long I have been praying for this middle belt to retrace thier step and thank God that thier youths are beginning to correct the mistakes of thier elders but if I may ask when are u guys gonna have a middle belt governors forum because for your governors to still attend the northern governors forum meetings that alone make u ppl f*cking abbokis grin

1 Like

Re: North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande by mrvitalis(m): 6:34pm On Aug 22, 2017
tuniski:

That is not my forte. The crust here is that once the yorubas together with the minorities champion a notion, it becomes a reality. In 2011 GeJ benefited from that and in 2015 buhari benefited QED!
Youruba never supported obj
Re: North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande by FriendNG: 6:42pm On Aug 22, 2017
malton:

Seyau mynd tasa keka daga ban? Welcome
Re: North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande by malton: 7:33pm On Aug 22, 2017
FriendNG:

Seyau mynd tasa keka daga ban? Welcome

Aina. Ya sake ni tun kusan sati ukwu yanzu.

I've just been low-key.

Nagode mutumi na.

1 Like

Re: North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande by malton: 7:35pm On Aug 22, 2017
fk001:

Well said, I also support restructuring.

And i hate division based on religion

Which state are you from, if you don't mind?
Re: North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande by FriendNG: 9:09pm On Aug 22, 2017
malton:

Aina. Ya sake ni tun kusan sati ukwu yanzu.

I've just been low-key.

Nagode mutumi na.

Stay Blessed no more fight.
Re: North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande by malton: 9:21pm On Aug 22, 2017
FriendNG:

Stay Blessed no more fight.

Thanks, and you too.

grin. Have a great time!

1 Like

Re: North Is North, There Is No Middle Belt — Yahaya Kwande by DateMynd44(m): 10:22pm On Aug 22, 2017
Babatundecash:
The Hausa fulani people think they are smart by handling the position of the Northern Elders forum to a christian from the middle belt just to put an end to the various agitation from the middle beltans......I am from Kogi state and enough of Hausa fulani using us for political gain.....They killed our brothers in Benue,they invade our land in Kogi,They bomb our city in Jos.....Various middle belt forum and group have come and stay and their is nothing anybody can do about it.......They prevent the Ebiras,Igalas,Tiv,Jukun and other minority Ethnic groups from the presidential ticket in the name of one North.
sorry u have no other choice than to deal with it. Be it Kogi, Benue, Jos or Nasarawa, u all are North and part of the Arewa Under Hausa Fulani. Truth is bitter but u have to accept it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

“APC Will Produce Kwara’s Next Governor” – Bukola Saraki’s Sister Gbemisola / APC Senators-elect Oppose Zoning NASS Positions To Individuals / Kogi Pays, Begins Site Clearing, To Deliver Ganaja Flyover Project This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.