Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike (19278 Views)

SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action / Fg Threatens To Invoke ‘no Work, No Pay’ Law, With Ssanu, Nasu, Naat / SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by Hardeysolution(m): 4:47am On Aug 22, 2017
Three major non-academic staff unions will decide on Wednesday whether to join the strike by university lecturers, PREMIUM TIMES has learnt.

The Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities, SSANU will meet with the Non-Academic Staff Union of Universities, NASU, and the Non-Academic Technicians, NAT, on Wednesday in Abuja to decide on whether to join the ongoing industrial action by the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, an official told PREMIUM TIMES.

Abdulsubur Salaam, the National Public Relations Officer of SSANU, said during an interview on Sunday that the associations have been “pushed to the wall” by the Nigerian government.

“The federal government has been discussing with the academics but we have been reaching out to them since before now and they have refused to heed to us,” Mr. Salaam said.
The official listed some of the problems the unions had with the government.

“The issue of staff school that is being negotiated and we are not carried along was agreed on by the four unions in Nigerian varsities; our earned allowances have not been paid too and branches are really heaping pressure on us, especially on the staff school issue.
“So full blown strike may be inevitable as at now. However, we would take that meeting on Wednesday and make a decision on this there.”

The ASUU had embarked on a nationwide strike last Monday over demands for improved funding of universities and welfare of lecturers.
A meeting between the union and the Nigerian government last Thursday ended in a deadlock.
But an optimistic Adamu Adamu, the Education Minister, said the strike could be called off within one week.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/240937-nigerian-universities-set-for-more-crises-as-ssanu-nasu-nat-meet-on-nationwide-strike.html

1 Share

Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by Hardeysolution(m): 4:48am On Aug 22, 2017
Lalasticlala

Nigerian universities set for more crises as SSANU, NASU, NAT meet on nationwide strike
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by Nwodosis(m): 5:20am On Aug 22, 2017
May be they also want to go and work at/from home like the president because government of the day will not heed to their cry.

19 Likes

Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by femolacqua(m): 5:52am On Aug 22, 2017
What is Nigerian education turning into?

1 Like

Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by tayebest(m): 6:03am On Aug 22, 2017
I knew this must happen this week, angry

Nigeria education sector is a junk, cry

My planned 5years in school, gradually fading... sad

ASUU, FG And Their Conspiracy
(By - Akano Mutiu, ABU Zaria)

Another look at the schedule of ASUU demand makes me ponder if it's really feasible in this present economic crisis. Practicable, it is very well possible, but just a right demand at the very wrong time.

What I see now is ASUU who are to be in fore front in the struggle of social well being of its student are now at the peak of enriching there very self, how pitiable. I see no reason why ASUU demand should immersily stop the Nation's varsity learning. ASUU concern are to be more radical, - there are more assaults going on between lecturers and student. I beg to ask, what is ASUU doing about this? The learning environment is not conducive. ASUU should stand firmly on all this without itching the education sector.

The federal on the other hand should not have allow ASUU to embark on the said indefinite strike. Because, not only it affecting the economy of the Nation socio-econony well being but also frustrating the education sector. The FG should by now, know how the demand should be possible and make the resumption hopeful. Truth be told, the FG are not opting well for the student well being.

How I wish the National Assembly can pass bill considering all public office holder who are considering a degree should have it in any Government versities within Nigeria and also frustrating their children schooling abroad, maybe this will solve the problem. But, NO! They are aware of how shamble the schools are. They rather take their children abroad.

The FG should find a lasting solution to the ongoing strike and uphold the success of the Africa Universities.

I hereby call on FG to delegate some official to channel there effort for the course in ending this forsaken strike. ASUU should thereby go on to the negotiation table with the Federal government and work base on practicable analysis and sort the menace out.
#concernstudent #NoToStrike #ASUUvsFG #Dialogue

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by remsonik(f): 6:04am On Aug 22, 2017
What's the meaning of this? A four year course turns to a 5/6 year course. Buhari wake up!!!

Please for students and aspiring undergraduates if you have the opportunity and means to seek education outside Nigeria please do. Even if it's a backdoor African country.

1 Like

Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by Nobody: 6:57am On Aug 22, 2017
While waiting for ASUU indulge in meaningful ventures try my signature

Check out my profile/signature and [color=#006600] financially free for life!!!! [/color]
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by TheHistorian(m): 8:37am On Aug 22, 2017
ASU NNASU SANU.

They are all greedy lots!!!
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by yomibelle(f): 8:37am On Aug 22, 2017
Things fall apart
The center cannot hold
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world
W.B. Yeats

6 Likes

Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by Flexherbal(m): 8:37am On Aug 22, 2017
Our leaders do not care, their children do not school in Nigeria.
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 22, 2017
Am not suprised ,Bad luck just returned from vacation

6 Likes

Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by Kizyte(m): 8:37am On Aug 22, 2017
Nothing works in this country

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by mrlaw93(m): 8:39am On Aug 22, 2017
They should go and die jor..
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by sammyj: 8:39am On Aug 22, 2017
The government need to understated that the world is focusing and putting all their resources in Knowledge base just like what the German did back in the days that got them to where the are now "Economic power". Investing in Knowledge based will help develop our medical sector, industrial and Technology sectors providing effective man power which eliminates unemployment and poverty in the nation. angry
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by EbiraBoi(m): 8:39am On Aug 22, 2017
Who una epp?? tongue
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by massinola(m): 8:40am On Aug 22, 2017
Working from home is the ultimate now. They ain't going on strike, they are just gonna work from home. Simple
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by Blackfire(m): 8:41am On Aug 22, 2017
So this means lautec is now officially not going to open anytime soon....

Sarki over to u.
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by DRISKLEF(m): 8:41am On Aug 22, 2017
This is serious. Nigeria is vitually handicapped in all of its sector.
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by AmandaLuv(f): 8:41am On Aug 22, 2017
K
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by DrObum(m): 8:41am On Aug 22, 2017
Gbese!
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by muxyray(m): 8:41am On Aug 22, 2017
This nation is a scam! !!!� undecided
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by Hadone(m): 8:41am On Aug 22, 2017
I belong 2 SSANU, greatest SSANU!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by Daslim180(m): 8:43am On Aug 22, 2017
Lol...... This country is comic
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 22, 2017
THe only solution is fee increases.

govt cannot fund universities adequately.
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by InvertedHammer: 8:44am On Aug 22, 2017
Where are the "Sai Buhari" students?

Na for school you go stay become grandpa and grandma.

E be like say the hard times don hook Ngeneukwuenu well well abi she quench.

/

3 Likes

Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by sinkhole: 8:45am On Aug 22, 2017
I think they are doing the right thing, they should not wait for ASSU to suspend strike before embarking on their own, it should be a joint strike once and for all!
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by nnachukz(m): 8:45am On Aug 22, 2017
Bitcoin1000:
While waiting for ASUU indulge in meaningful ventures try my signature

Check out my profile/signature and [color=#006600] financially free for life!!!! [/color]
Why are we like this, always looking for an avenue to collect even the little our brother has with fake promises.
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by CornelG(m): 8:46am On Aug 22, 2017
ASUU never finish their own this idiots still want to joint too, abeg ooo!!!
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by speezyWears: 8:46am On Aug 22, 2017
k
Re: SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike by bulletproofmonk(m): 8:47am On Aug 22, 2017
I hope this settles the argument of which is better - Private Uni vs Public Uni.

Your govt Universities have failed abysmally. Better go get CU or Babcock form.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC / Waliyu Olajide Ganiyu Original WAEC Result Lost But Found / Jamb Cancels Result And Portal Is Being Closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.