Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,717 members, 7,805,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

NBS: Banks Sacked 360 Workers Every Week From January To June - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / NBS: Banks Sacked 360 Workers Every Week From January To June (9152 Views)

Lagos Workers Get 20% Salary Increase, LASG To Implement From January 2023 / Unions To Shut Down Banks Nationwide From January 2, 2020 / Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBS: Banks Sacked 360 Workers Every Week From January To June by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 22, 2017
ETHIX:
That is so serious and no one is helping in this regards.

Bank staff lose their jobs every week.

The job is has a high risk
Yes, Job security is one reason why many commit fraud. There are things we need to check really. What use is the hug profits after tax declared by these institutions when there is no empathy for their staff. Are all th 8700 sacked staff non productive or corrupt as it may? I guess NO
Re: NBS: Banks Sacked 360 Workers Every Week From January To June by Partnerbiz3: 9:07am On Aug 22, 2017
udumosam23:
What do you expect? If it were you would you keep and continue to pay for labour you don't use? With digital and agent banking outlet everywhere.

I'll rather they send the staff as agents or marketers in the field. There are still a lot of unbanned areas. Build up an extension or a Paypoint in all of these rural communities to save them fare to reach the bank in urban areas.

There are still a lot of people that have no account at all, and still move about with huge money on them.

Rather than sack them, make them agency or agents, equip them to go to the field. There is still work to do.
Pls how do these paypoints work!
Can one venture into same as an agent?
Re: NBS: Banks Sacked 360 Workers Every Week From January To June by cupid4ig(m): 9:14am On Aug 22, 2017
sammyj:
In as much as i blame this government for his in actions and actions that lead to part of our economy crisis, i still insist the past government especially the GEJ government brought us to the point which the PMB's government could not salvage. Looking back i recalled crude oil was sold above 100$ per barrel and rather for them to save for the raining days they decided to spend and loot more from the nation's foreign reserve which the generation unborn will never forgive our generation for in the next 20 to 50 years. angry cry
here we go again,can u just STFU? Aren't u tired of making excuses for this gorverment? God how do u guys sleeping knowing the truth but lying about it

3 Likes

Re: NBS: Banks Sacked 360 Workers Every Week From January To June by udumosam23(m): 9:19am On Aug 22, 2017
Partnerbiz3:

Pls how do these paypoints work!
Can one venture into same as an agent?

All you need is a POS or MPOS, especially if you're into business already. I started as a heritage bank agent. I've made a company out of it.

Now I have 6 paypoints. All in cross river. It doesn't take much. Just register as an agent, get a good tablet or phone, you'll be given a POS. Start making money form 100 or 200 naira charges for every transaction completed.

Pls pm me for more details if you're interested. Or simply indicate interest on agent banking formally by sending a mail to lisanet.intergrity@yahoo.com
Re: NBS: Banks Sacked 360 Workers Every Week From January To June by breakeven: 9:28am On Aug 22, 2017
Buhari policies are anti people. Treasury single account is not helping Nigerians. The ideal thing is for a sensible leader to review a policy especially if jobs are being lost.
Re: NBS: Banks Sacked 360 Workers Every Week From January To June by DeRay98(m): 9:28am On Aug 22, 2017
udumosam23:
What do you expect? If it were you would you keep and continue to pay for labour you don't use? With digital and agent banking outlet everywhere.

I'll rather they send the staff as agents or marketers in the field. There are still a lot of unbanned areas. Build up an extension or a Paypoint in all of these rural communities to save them fare to reach the bank in urban areas.

There are still a lot of people that have no account at all, and still move about with huge money on them.

Rather than sack them, make them agency or agents, equip them to go to the field. There is still work to do.

You made a solid point but the banks don't want to do any of such, they make enough profit by trading on govt money in their coffers. They don't care about building the economy or empowering small businesses.
Re: NBS: Banks Sacked 360 Workers Every Week From January To June by Partnerbiz3: 9:28am On Aug 22, 2017
udumosam23:

All you need is a POS or MPOS, especially if you're into business already. I started as a heritage bank agent. I've made a company out of it.

Now I have 6 paypoints. All in cross river. It doesn't take much. Just register as an agent, get a good tablet or phone, you'll be given a POS. Start making money form 100 or 200 naira charges for every transaction completed.

Could you pls flash d no below so that I have your no and then we will discuss at your covenience.

Pls pm me for more details if you're interested. Or simply indicate interest on agent banking formally by sending a mail to lisanet.intergrity@yahoo.com

Could you please flash or Whatsapp me on the no below so I will have your no and we discuss at your convenience.
I can't use pm feature.
Thanks
Re: NBS: Banks Sacked 360 Workers Every Week From January To June by Tonason: 9:48am On Aug 22, 2017
This is just the beginning, crypto currency is here to stay, what happened to Post office will happen to banks soon.
Re: NBS: Banks Sacked 360 Workers Every Week From January To June by DeRay98(m): 9:54am On Aug 22, 2017
breakeven:
Buhari policies are anti people. Treasury single account is not helping Nigerians. The ideal thing is for a sensible leader to review a policy especially if jobs are being lost.

It's the multiple govt unaccounted accounts with them that made them lazy all these years.
The banks have been feeding on govt funds to trade and make huge profit hence they don't care.
Re: NBS: Banks Sacked 360 Workers Every Week From January To June by khalids: 10:11am On Aug 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

They probably deserved it.

Sacked bank workers are mostly people who probably committed fraud, or were indicted,

Or individuals who have served for long .

What kind of nonsense talk is this.....

2 Likes

Re: NBS: Banks Sacked 360 Workers Every Week From January To June by maisauki: 10:17am On Aug 22, 2017
Once you're employed, you should expect to be sacked or you honorably resign that's why being self employed is always d best
Re: NBS: Banks Sacked 360 Workers Every Week From January To June by abefeb1(m): 10:28am On Aug 22, 2017
is banking job a job?
Re: NBS: Banks Sacked 360 Workers Every Week From January To June by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 22, 2017
sammyj:
In as much as i blame this government for his in actions and actions that lead to part of our economy crisis, i still insist the past government especially the GEJ government brought us to the point which the PMB's government could not salvage. Looking back i recalled crude oil was sold above 100$ per barrel and rather for them to save for the raining days they decided to spend and loot more from the nation's foreign reserve which the generation unborn will never forgive our generation for in the next 20 to 50 years. angry cry
It was ex gov amaechi and the APC governors that took the former government of gej to court over the withholding of the saved funds for rainy day which the court compelled the government to disbursed as at that time.

1 Like

Re: NBS: Banks Sacked 360 Workers Every Week From January To June by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 22, 2017
maisauki:
Once you're employed, you should expect to be sacked or you honorably resign that's why being self employed is always d best
Can you suggest any lucrative business one can invest in?
Re: NBS: Banks Sacked 360 Workers Every Week From January To June by sammyj: 1:02pm On Aug 22, 2017
What you are referring to is Sovereign national wealth and had nothing to do with the nation's foreign reserves they all squandered
comshots:
It was ex gov amaechi and the APC governors that took the former government of gej to court over the withholding of the saved funds for rainy day which the court compelled the government to disbursed as at that time.
Re: NBS: Banks Sacked 360 Workers Every Week From January To June by Pavarottii(m): 2:01pm On Aug 22, 2017
obonujoker:
Good..... let everyone keep losing since we detest truth in this country....
God bless you for this comment. It surpasses human thinking that people still support this govt. Even when u know life is harder for u.
Re: NBS: Banks Sacked 360 Workers Every Week From January To June by Johnnyessence(m): 3:30pm On Aug 22, 2017
The most painful part is that the more people are losing their jobs in APC government the more unemployment keep increasing by the day. All series of crimes are been recorded by the day. Banks jobs and other related jobs aren't in peoples advantage again. All is well. Lalasticla and oga seun kindly move it to promise land. More jobs will be lost till the end of this year.
Re: NBS: Banks Sacked 360 Workers Every Week From January To June by Johnnyessence(m): 3:39pm On Aug 22, 2017
abefeb1:
is banking job a job?
sorry to correct you here. Not only banking jobs. Some jobs in other firms are affected too. God will help us.
Re: NBS: Banks Sacked 360 Workers Every Week From January To June by kingsmaila(m): 9:30am On Aug 23, 2017
Bank is not a place to work. That was how I lost my job with Unity Bank last year for no just cause.
Re: NBS: Banks Sacked 360 Workers Every Week From January To June by Johnnyessence(m): 10:33am On Aug 23, 2017
kingsmaila:
Bank is not a place to work. That was how I lost my job with Unity Bank last year for no just cause.
eeyahhhhh sorry ooooooo. Mostly constract staff are affected heavily.
Re: NBS: Banks Sacked 360 Workers Every Week From January To June by ultron12345: 3:59pm On Aug 23, 2017
Is it a crime to sack people again?......or is it your fathers bank?
Re: NBS: Banks Sacked 360 Workers Every Week From January To June by RuddyFusion(m): 2:50pm On Nov 08, 2021
-

(1) (2) (Reply)

Only 20% Of Policemen Actively Working, Says AIG / Pipeline Welding Training In Port Harcourt / Audit Command Language(acl)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.