Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Lagos Slum Regeneration Aims At Reducing Homelessness - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos Slum Regeneration Aims At Reducing Homelessness (6498 Views)

The Cause Of Homelessness Is Lack Of Housing / Mosquito Village: Inside Lagos Slum Where Land Is Allocated At N2000 / Let's Make Homelessness History In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Slum Regeneration Aims At Reducing Homelessness by Nobody: 6:52am On Aug 22, 2017
The Lagos State Commissioner for Physical Planning and Urban Development, Abiola Anifowoshe has explained that the Lagos State government decision to re-generate slums in the state is aimed at reducing homelessness among residents of the affected areas.

Anifowoshe disclosed this to Daily Trust correspondent, at the workshop on United Nations Habitat III – Urban Thinkers Campus- TheCity We Need in Lagos. He said the government has taken into consideration, the plights of those who may be affected if the slum dwellers are simply chased out.

“The United Nation has identified 100 slums in Lagos. The responsibility of the agency is to re-generate the identified slums and make them habitable for residents. We don’t just want to chase people out which may lead to mass homelessness. And we have extended the re-generation efforts to five slums across the state and we are going to do more.

“In Isale-gangan for instance, we brought together about 25 families, who were living in shanties and bungalows. We asked them to come together and donate their lands. We then embark on re-generation of the communities, provide them with world-class facilities needed and even relaxation infrastructures like swimming pool
among others.

“While the renewal was on, the people were relocated to good apartments free of charge. And when we are through, they will be relocated back to their respective households vacated,” he said.

Anifowoshe added that the Urban Thinker Campus Forum which is an initiative of UN Habitat’s World Urban Campaign was conceived as an avenue for critical exchange of ideas between urban researchers, professionals, local governments, grassroots communities, policy makers and all stakeholders to develop solutions to address urban challenges and promote sustainable urbanization.

Source:
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/property/lagos-slum-re-generation-aims-at-reducing-homelessness-commissioner/209831.html

www.naijapropertiesonline.com

1 Share

Re: Lagos Slum Regeneration Aims At Reducing Homelessness by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 22, 2017
mynd44
Re: Lagos Slum Regeneration Aims At Reducing Homelessness by KendrickAyomide: 8:25am On Aug 22, 2017
Re: Lagos Slum Regeneration Aims At Reducing Homelessness by Okundaye4(m): 8:25am On Aug 22, 2017
hmmm, na wa o.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Slum Regeneration Aims At Reducing Homelessness by hucienda: 8:26am On Aug 22, 2017
That last picture. Damn.
Re: Lagos Slum Regeneration Aims At Reducing Homelessness by magoo10(m): 8:26am On Aug 22, 2017
So Lagos have these kind of dirty place ,I thought it was another London.later children of hate speech and tribal warriors will come and say my east is the most dirty place in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Slum Regeneration Aims At Reducing Homelessness by amdo007(m): 8:27am On Aug 22, 2017
Good development
Re: Lagos Slum Regeneration Aims At Reducing Homelessness by medolab90(m): 8:27am On Aug 22, 2017
Nice
Re: Lagos Slum Regeneration Aims At Reducing Homelessness by Mechette(m): 8:27am On Aug 22, 2017
who dat one help angrywho dat one help
Re: Lagos Slum Regeneration Aims At Reducing Homelessness by obonujoker(m): 8:30am On Aug 22, 2017
The last pic can't be in Lagos.... that place looks like a place in Kano state....
Re: Lagos Slum Regeneration Aims At Reducing Homelessness by money121(m): 8:31am On Aug 22, 2017
Ok
Re: Lagos Slum Regeneration Aims At Reducing Homelessness by Ihatepork: 8:32am On Aug 22, 2017
magoo10:
So Lagos have these kind of dirty place ,I thought it was another London.later children of hate speech and tribal warriors will come and say my east is the most dirty place in the world.

Aba is still the dirtiest city in Africa. Don't try consoling yourself with this

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Slum Regeneration Aims At Reducing Homelessness by Bolustical: 8:32am On Aug 22, 2017
magoo10:
So Lagos have these kind of dirty place ,I thought it was another London.later children of hate speech and tribal warriors [/b]will come and say my east is the most dirty place in the world.
[b]
WHO and other research bodies are children of hate abi? Why is it so difficult for you to accept the fact that you people are the dirtiest in Nigeria yet you still have the guts to taunt others as dirtiest.

Besides, Lagos is making plans for the slum, what are your states government doing as regards waste management?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Slum Regeneration Aims At Reducing Homelessness by Abudu2000(m): 8:34am On Aug 22, 2017
That last pics was more like agege back in the day
Re: Lagos Slum Regeneration Aims At Reducing Homelessness by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 22, 2017
obonujoker:
The last pic can't be in Lagos.... that place looks like a place in Kano state....

Stop dreaming bro its your Lagos.
Re: Lagos Slum Regeneration Aims At Reducing Homelessness by money121(m): 8:40am On Aug 22, 2017
Mechette:
who dat one help angrywho dat one help

People in need��

Men @ Work.. Another Roofing Project Going on @ Mowe Ofada in Ogun State
Are you Done with your woodwork and in Need of Quality Pure Aluminum Roofing Sheet? Please Call/WhatsApp 08085310359
Customers Satisfaction is our Watch Word..
#Longspan
#Biegi
#0.55mm Guage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOqEzmXjxF4&spfreload=10

Re: Lagos Slum Regeneration Aims At Reducing Homelessness by jahsharon: 8:40am On Aug 22, 2017
magoo10:

Post the pictures of your potopoto republic of drugs and crime and let us all compare and contrast.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Slum Regeneration Aims At Reducing Homelessness by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 22, 2017
ROXBURY HOMES BRINGS TO YOU THE BEST OF
LUXURIOUS LIVING WITHIN AFFORDABILITY..

SEMI-DETACHED FOUR (4) BEDROOM and TWO (2)
BEDROOM DUPLEXES WITH BQ ARE UP FOR SALE.
COMES FULLY EQUIPPED WITH MODERN GADGETS, and
CARPORTS WITH AMPLE PARKING SPACE.

FACILITIES:
One Year Membership of Dream World Fun City,
Swimming Pool,
Event Centre, Gym Centre,
Round The Clock Security.

LOCATION: 2nd Toll gate, Orchid Hotel road by Eleganza, Lekki-Lagos.

TITLE: Governor's Consent

PRICE: #47M (Semi-detached 4 bedroom duplexes);
#33M (two bedroom fully equipped semi-detached duplex)
FLEXIBLE PAYMENT OPTIONS AVAILABLE

Call/WhatsApp: 08075256644; 08169173378
info@naijapropertiesonline.com

www.naijapropertiesonline.com/listings/2nd-toll-gate-
ochid-hotel-road-eleganza/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Slum Regeneration Aims At Reducing Homelessness by magoo10(m): 8:46am On Aug 22, 2017
jahsharon:

Post the pictures of your potopoto republic of drugs and crime and let us all compare and contrast.
lols here they come for my head,from your statements you sound frustrated even though all the drugs and whatever you accuse my people of are also done by your people even in a bigger way.
take a chill pill bro,there is no place you don't find dirt.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Slum Regeneration Aims At Reducing Homelessness by obonujoker(m): 8:46am On Aug 22, 2017
dutchnorics:

Stop dreaming bro its your Lagos.

Lies... we have a working governor with pseudo good works.... Lagos state is the neatest state in Nigeria... I lived once in Kano, I know how dirty it can be
Re: Lagos Slum Regeneration Aims At Reducing Homelessness by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 22, 2017
obonujoker:

Lies... we have a working governor with pseudo good works.... Lagos state is the neatest state in Nigeria... I lived once in Kano, I know how dirty it can be

With water logged area.
Re: Lagos Slum Regeneration Aims At Reducing Homelessness by magoo10(m): 8:56am On Aug 22, 2017
Bolustical:

WHO and other research bodies are children of hate abi? Why is it so difficult for you to accept the fact that you people are the dirtiest in Nigeria yet you still have the guts to taunt others as dirtiest.

Besides, Lagos is making plans for the slum, what are your states government doing as regards waste management?
I did not call Lagos the dirtiest o,I said so you people have dirt in Lagos and even sleep in it ,is that why you are foaming like this ?dirty dey Lagos jor,ogbeni kill yourself if you want.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Slum Regeneration Aims At Reducing Homelessness by Bolustical: 9:04am On Aug 22, 2017
magoo10:

I did not call Lagos the dirtiest o,I said so you people have dirt in Lagos and even sleep in it ,is that why you are foaming like this ?dirty dey Lagos jor,ogbeni kill yourself if you want.
Just see how frustrated you are. The thing pepper you gan o.

Please go and vent your frustrations on WHO who have not only confirmed you people as the dirtiest in Nigeria but also in the the entire world.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Slum Regeneration Aims At Reducing Homelessness by magoo10(m): 9:06am On Aug 22, 2017
Bolustical:

Just see how frustrated you are. The thing pain you gan o.

Please go an vent your frustration on WHO who have serially confirmed you people as the dirtiest in Nigeria but also in the the entire world.
story frustrate for what ? judging clearly from my statements and yours who sounds more frustrated?I laugh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Slum Regeneration Aims At Reducing Homelessness by Bolustical: 9:11am On Aug 22, 2017
magoo10:

story frustrate for what ? judging clearly from my statements and yours who sounds more frustrated?I laugh
How can a pi* & idi*t laugh?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Slum Regeneration Aims At Reducing Homelessness by nengibo: 9:14am On Aug 22, 2017
That last pic though, Lagos is a dump, the only other place I have seen something like this is in uratta Aba
Re: Lagos Slum Regeneration Aims At Reducing Homelessness by magoo10(m): 9:14am On Aug 22, 2017
Bolustical:

How can a pi* & idi*t laugh?
you are not even bold enough to spell completely the pig and idiot?you see your life,who is now frustrated?I laugh again.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Slum Regeneration Aims At Reducing Homelessness by Bolustical: 9:23am On Aug 22, 2017
magoo10:

you are not even bold enough to spell completely the pig and idiot?you see your life,who is now frustrated?I laugh again.
I don't want to give you high BP. grin

Sorry boy.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Slum Regeneration Aims At Reducing Homelessness by magoo10(m): 9:26am On Aug 22, 2017
Bolustical:

I don't want to give you high BP. grin

Sorry boy.
hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Magoo got no bps bro enjoy your freedom.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Estate Land With C Of O At Bogije Lekki Inside Beach Wood Estate / Alternative Building Materials: Plasterboards/gypsium Boards For Wall Panelling / 5 Digital Real Estate Marketing Tools That Every Agent Needs !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.