Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. (6600 Views)

America 5litre Castrol Edge 0w20 Advanced Full Synthetic Engine Oil @#23,500 / What Should I Do About This Oil Warning / Is Total Quartz 9000 5w40 Full Synthetic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by b2212(m): 7:53am On Aug 23, 2017
obo389:

It is synthetic but not fully synthetic like the first oil you posted but bros, you weybe guru for this matter still dey ask this kind question? grin
the only way gurus get better and not become obsolete is to ask questions....
they are lifelong learners.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by LeJeun3: 8:53am On Aug 23, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

Lol speak of what you know... And stop cutting corners when buying items for your customers. I have proof otherwise!!! Because I use it!
Cc shoppyanno

NB
Unless you have a scientific evidence be very careful with outlandish statements @handy.

Cuttting corners?? Really?? Using Castrol edge extended performance or Mobil 1 extended performance is counted as cutting corners...

Stopped using Rymax in 2014, when after 3 months oil is all gluey and stuff.

Take up the challenge.... grin

PS: that you use it doesn't make it good.

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by sooperrescue(m): 9:24am On Aug 23, 2017
Make I talk small. The importers of rymco are my close friends. Ee used their products way back 2014 until we discoverrd it was not suitable for the kind of vehicles we were involved in. On a cloder look, the only rymco that id ideal for my kind of cars is rymco appolo and that is never going to be available in the countty. Not all synthetic are synthetics, they are packaging. Therr are also too many mobil anx castrol in the market that are not the real thing. Mobil Nigeria told me that their oils sold in the country is to make oil change affordable. My opinion about these marketing companies is that they still dont know that 90% of our vehicles comes from the US and we should be having good oils from there. I once went to Eterna oil to tell them to stop selling their 5 w20 profesdionel because a lot of people are hurting. They said no one has complained and since I am nit their Pro, make i waka pass. Ps pardon the small typo errors, i dey under car dey type

2 Likes

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by Ricmayak1: 9:49am On Aug 23, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

I poured it in the engine of a Nairalander, who is also a moderator in 1 section and when vehicle was due for oil change it was short by almost 3liters.

I think that he is a harsh driver. Except for the very late models where Toyota has redesigned their engine rings, many Toyotas driven harshly and especially at high speeds will exhibit high oil consumption. It's not the oil's issue, it's Toyota's. People don't notice it because they hardly drive at top speeds.

I have personally noticed this with camry hybrid 2007, Sienna 2003, sienna 2005 and then other user's testimonies.

Information on this flaw can be found online and it's especially for the 2az engines.

On a camry hybrid I used both mobil 1 and total quartz 9000, they were dying up only when driven aggressively.

To add to this, oils mostly not labeled synthetic or synthetic blend are mineral oils.

1 Like

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by SmartchoicesNG: 9:54am On Aug 23, 2017
LeJeun3:

Cuttting corners?? Really?? Using Castrol edge extended performance or Mobil 1 extended performance is counted as cutting corners...

Stopped using Rymax in 2014, when after 3 months oil is all gluey and stuff.

Take up the challenge.... grin

PS: that you use it doesn't make it good.

That you bought the fake doesn't make it bad bro. My testimonies are a complete opposite of your assertions or claims. I understand that the margins on oils easily available in Nigeria are low.... Compared with the ones you mentioned above cheesy
Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by SmartchoicesNG: 9:57am On Aug 23, 2017
sooperrescue:
Make I talk small. The importers of rymco are my close friends. Ee used their products way back 2014 until we discoverrd it was not suitable for the kind of vehicles we were involved in. On a cloder look, the only rymco that id ideal for my kind of cars is rymco appolo and that is never going to be available in the countty. Not all synthetic are synthetics, they are packaging. Therr are also too many mobil anx castrol in the market that are not the real thing. Mobil Nigeria told me that their oils sold in the country is to make oil change affordable. My opinion about these marketing companies is that they still dont know that 90% of our vehicles comes from the US and we should be having good oils from there. I once went to Eterna oil to tell them to stop selling their 5 w20 profesdionel because a lot of people are hurting. They said no one has complained and since I am nit their Pro, make i waka pass. Ps pardon the small typo errors, i dey under car dey type
My experience is different. I have been using it and enjoying it. My cars are not American cars! By the way do Americans even know how to make cars?
Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 23, 2017
princetom1:
So, GAZZUZZ and LeJeun3, timifakay,

Its just a marketing strategy, right?

I went through some online forums and looks like thst oil is mineral oil. But our naija dealers are greedy, they buy those oils for cheap and then sell for the price of synthetic because it is Toyota branded. Not saying it is a bad oil but when they sell for the price of synthetic and the poor customer that buys it stretches his car to 7,500km before oil change (thinking it is synthetic) then that is bad.

1 Like

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by princetom1(m): 10:14am On Aug 23, 2017
greenhulk:

I went through some online forums and looks like thst oil is mineral oil. But our naija dealers are greedy, they buy those oils for cheap and then sell for the price of synthetic because it is Toyota branded. Not saying it is a bad oil but when they sell for the price of synthetic and the poor customer that buys it stretches his car to 7,500km before oil change (thinking it is synthetic) then that is bad.

Really really bad. It's same thing in almost all part of the economy... Let's all be informed and rise above all these greediness and wickedness. You can't sell oil for me and collect money, come knock my engine ontop, Shey i no pay money ni?
Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by princetom1(m): 10:15am On Aug 23, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

My experience is different. I have been using it and enjoying it. My cars are not American cars! By the way do Americans even know how to make cars?

Lol. See question. Which model year sir? How long miles u run before u change oil?
Note that no one has called it a bad oil here
Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:05am On Aug 23, 2017
Ricmayak1:

I think that he is a harsh driver. Except for the very late models where Toyota has redesigned their engine rings, many Toyotas driven harshly and especially at high speeds will exhibit high oil consumption. It's not the oil's issue, it's Toyota's. People don't notice it because they hardly drive at top speeds.

I have personally noticed this with camry hybrid 2007, Sienna 2003, sienna 2005 and then other user's testimonies.

Information on this flaw can be found online and it's especially for the 2az engines.

On a camry hybrid I used both mobil 1 and total quartz 9000, they were dying up only when driven aggressively.

To add to this, oils mostly not labeled synthetic or synthetic blend are mineral oils.

2az built in the USA is a mess. their counteparts from asia and the middle east hardly had any issues.

thanks for the input

1 Like

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by LeJeun3: 11:11am On Aug 23, 2017

That's it the oil is fake..... argue with your eyes closed.

SmartchoicesNG:

That you bought the fake doesn't make it bad bro. My testimonies are a complete opposite of your assertions or claims. I understand that the margins on oils easily available in Nigeria are low.... Compared with the ones you mentioned above cheesy
Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 23, 2017
princetom1:

Lol. See question. Which model year sir? How long miles u run before u change oil?
Note that no one has called it a bad oil here

Yes, it is not a bad oil. even Mobil super XHP are used on some new cars and they work well provided they don't exceed 3,000km or 2 -3 months between oil change. However it is the long term effect that some people don't take note of.

1 Like

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by thebigkendo(m): 12:43pm On Aug 23, 2017
greenhulk:

lol bros that Toyota Motor oil seller in Port harcourt will soon come for you oh
Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by asumo12: 1:06pm On Aug 23, 2017
LeJeun3:

If you use Mobil XHP on an engine and change every 2 months and use Mobil 1 ESP and change it every 5months you are more likely to strike a balance....

Oils not stated as 'Synthetic' or 'Synthetic blends' are clearly "Mineral" oils....

And some people will be counting mileage!

1 Like

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by SmartchoicesNG: 1:17pm On Aug 23, 2017
LeJeun3:

That's it the oil is fake..... argue with your eyes closed.

Handy stop this!

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:29pm On Aug 23, 2017
asumo12:

Mileage is extremely important

you cannot be going from lagos to jos every weekend for 3months on any engine oil in the market.

ya engine will die!

3 Likes

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by kingreign(m): 3:28pm On Aug 23, 2017
Ricmayak1:

1MZ is sludge prone, 2AZ is oil burner, but what would you say about 2GR, 3MZ, K24 engine or J35 engines, VQ, M series (Daimler) and other engines (which don't have any of the factory defects) that burn oils when such nasties are poured into it even without harsh drivings?

Bros, there's a huge scam going on in the motor oil production.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by asumo12: 4:36pm On Aug 23, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Mileage is extremely important

you cannot be going from lagos to jos every weekend for 3months on any engine oil in the market.

ya engine will die!

grin

Naxo boss I don't understand what he meant ni kè
Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by diportivo: 9:18pm On Aug 23, 2017
thebigkendo:

lol bros that Toyota Motor oil seller in Port harcourt will soon come for you oh

mention name na

abi u dey fear??

2 Likes

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by sultaan(m): 9:21pm On Aug 23, 2017
Toyota does not have a refinery to blend oils so it is our sourced. The engineering team designs engine and figure out what type of oil will still work under all circumstances so oils that meet these conditions are now used on the car, so on the label of oil cans there is a list of manufacturers specification the oil meets and sometimes it is not backward compatible for older models.

20w50 works well for cars built in the 70's, 10w30 in the 90's so why add 20w50 in a 2010 car if not begging for trouble. A Castrol 5w20 might not meet Toyota spec but a valvoline 5w20 might so check k the label on the bottle of oil

1 Like

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by LeJeun3: 11:27pm On Aug 23, 2017
asumo12:

Not that I use mileage for my clients, was only giving an illustration to buttress a point.

If you choose to use Mobil XHP, then change your oil every 2000miles

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by DaimlerBen(m): 12:36am On Aug 24, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
Why is this brand of oil labelled full synthetic, and the other not labelled as such.

I thought the API and ILSAC ratings were important.
Did you check the oil for your client if it was compatible for his model year?
Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by Coldplay007(f): 4:13am On Aug 24, 2017
Engine oil not labelled synthetic is mineral oil. that is Engine oil 101.
This is a car forum, I think we should desist from politics and alliances that will stop us from telling the truth. I could sense that a lot of people are not being truthful because they know the person (or people) that sell that oil.

Thanks Gazzuz.
Now that we have closed that chapter, anybody has anything negative to say about Oando Synth 5w40?.. grin

Since total 5w40 became too expensive, I changed to Oando
Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by greenengine: 6:41am On Aug 24, 2017
fully synthetic grade lubs usually are polymers of olefins and have less additives that could forms sludge, thus can sustain its essential properties for longer periods. In any case, lubs technology has gone beyond additives or polymerization to ionization - micro lubrication technology. That is where Polytron ultra performance lubrication technology USA products stand out. Use Polytron to protect your engine or equipments. For more info call 08033527026 now.

1 Share

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by symbianDON(m): 7:05am On Aug 24, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

I utterly disagree with you on this. This is simple science. Do basic laboratory tests on both oils and give us a informed opinion.
Thanks.
Meanwhile this is certified. 5W 20, 5W 30, 5W 40. And very affordable!!!
Fully synthetic oils
how much for 5w20? is it 4 litres or 5 litres?
Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:09am On Aug 24, 2017
unna don turn here to market abi.

cc marpol

1 Like

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by awiriwa: 8:19am On Aug 24, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

I poured it in the engine of a Nairalander, who is also a moderator in 1 section and when vehicle was due for oil change it was short by almost 3liters.

This kind of post coming from a so called chief engineer of Nairaland is too shameful. So oil short by 3 litres was caused by the type of oil! grin
Your dishonesty is irredeemable.

I rest my case

2 Likes

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:26am On Aug 24, 2017
awiriwa:

This kind of post coming from a so called chief engineer of Nairaland is too shameful. So oil short by 3 litres was caused by the type of oil! grin

I rest my case

your attack is very unnescssarry. you should read more
your profile only became active as soon as this thread was opened. you are an alternate profile for an oil seller.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by banky3w(m): 8:37am On Aug 24, 2017
awiriwa:

I rest my case
You see your life? Eh? Che you see abi..... Until you disgraced yourself dandan. Issokay......

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:37am On Aug 24, 2017
same way you attacked oil seller here.

https://www.nairaland.com/3715852/genuine-engine-oilgear-oilcoolant-brake#56489922

I see you singing praises.

There's no competition for oil sales. and no one has monopoly of the type of oil to sell. I could decide to start selling toyota oils today and buy a container load.

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by thebigkendo(m): 8:48am On Aug 24, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

your attack is very unnescssarry. you should read more
your profile only became active as soon as this thread was opened. you are an alternate profile for an oil seller.

awiriwa:
Let's not get carried away by labels. Let's focus on performance. One this Toyota Oil is at par with Mobil-1 in the performance. Any Toyota owner here can testify about the peculiar coolness it brings to their engines. Use the mobil-1 in your Toyota and notice the very high and uncomfortable rev it initially produces. This occurs everytime you start the car.
Use the Toyota Oil, the car engine becomes silent. No initial high rev at startup. Very distinct from the mobil-1. There is something special about the Toyota Oil. I'm pretty sure that's why the contents and nature are not publicly displayed

Another pointer is the pricing. This thing is priced at between 3 - 3,500 per Litre and 4,500 per Litre for the 0w20. That is clearly not mineral oil pricing

Right from this post, I knew it was that port harcourt oil seller, he is always comparing with Mobil 1

2 Likes

Re: Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic. by princetom1(m): 8:53am On Aug 24, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
same way you attacked oil seller here.

https://www.nairaland.com/3715852/genuine-engine-oilgear-oilcoolant-brake#56489922

I see you singing praises.

There's no competition for oil sales. and no one has monopoly of the type of oil to sell. I could decide to start selling toyota oils today and buy a container load.

Are u thinking what am thinking? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Error Code: P0741 (corolla '07) / Price Of New Model Cars On Nairaland? / Rx330 Urgent Reviews Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.