Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest (31877 Views)

Makinde Appoints Julian Nwachukwu, An Igbo Woman As Liaison Officer For Ibadan / Atiku/obi Receive Warm Welcome In Lagos Despite Work Day / 21 Storey Building For Mobil In Akwa Ibom: Construction Begins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by Atouke: 1:58pm On Aug 22, 2017
Akwa Ibom State Govt. Has Gone Ahead To Award A contract for a New State Laison Office in Lagos Despite protest for the Youths in the State Against the said project.
It should be recalled that Barr. Inibeghe Effiong Led a massive protest of Indegeins of the state Against the project both in Lagos and in Uyo.

1.The protest is on the grounds that the state already has two offices in Lagos State( A State Owned Lodge and A liaison Office)and another one in Abuja, and a new office is unnecessary.

2.The contract Sum Of N9.1 Billion Naira, for the building would build industries, to provide jobs for jobless youths in the state, though the state govt has refuted the contract sum and claims it will cost less than N9.1 Billion Naira.But The Governor is yet to provide economic importance of a third Office in Lagos

3.That the state should be using its limited funds to develop its state rather than develop and Already developed former National Capital city.

4. That At a time that the country is going through a recession that it will be the height of insensitivity to the plights of the suffering masses in the state for the Govt to spend N9 billion In an elitist office that will be a glorified motel for the state politicians to lodge in Lagos, when the masses lack the basics like good schools, hospitals, power, portable water etc back home.
If govt. is desperate for befitting motel for its politicians in Lagos they could easily renovate one or both of the offices it already has in Lagos for less.

5. The protest in Uyo was the first time in the modern history of the state that such a large group of people has ever massively protested govt. policy. this shows how unpopular the policy is in the state.

From all indication, it seems that the state Governor and his rubber Stamp State Assembly has chosen to ignore the cries of the masses as it has decided to proceed with the project despite the plea of the masses in the state.

attached is the prototype of the officecomplex from the contractor http://vksconstruction.com/21-storey-office-tower/

1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by Atouke: 1:58pm On Aug 22, 2017
more

1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by Blue3k(m): 2:04pm On Aug 22, 2017
Lol our government is stupid. Instead of investing in state in education, bringing prospective investors to state owned hotel Le Meriden, or any number of things they go to lagos. They even admit to owning other properties besides this.

I find it too wild to believe they are building 21 story building. Who cares I'm sure Ambode enjoys the property tax.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by Atouke: 2:06pm On Aug 22, 2017
Blue3k:
Lol our government is stupid it. Instead of investing in state in education, bring prospective investors to state owned hotel Le Meriden, or any number of things they go to lagos. They even admit to owning other properties besides this.

I find it too wild to believe they are building 9 story building. Who cares I'm sure Ambode enjoys the property tax.

its a 21 storey building not 9 storey, mean while the tallest biuilding in Akwa Ibom Is 12 storey.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by Blue3k(m): 2:11pm On Aug 22, 2017
Atouke:

its a 21 storey building not 9 storey, mean while the tallest biuilding in Akwa Ibom Is 12 storey.

See still dumb either way. I'll wait to see if Akwa ibom government denies this. My opinion is cement either way about those losers.

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by walemoney007(m): 2:36pm On Aug 22, 2017
This building will be so dam beautiful, though I don't see how it will be useful for the indigenes of akwa ibom

19 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by psucc(m): 4:01pm On Aug 22, 2017
Udom then must be a very foolish type. He should listen to the people whose mandate and affairs he is managing. After all, he only has 2 more or 6 more years as gov and if the people say we don't need this house, what's the need building it?

11 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by Blue3k(m): 4:26pm On Aug 22, 2017
psucc:
Udom then must be a very foolish type. He should listen to the people whose mandate and affairs he is managing. After all, he only has 2 more or 6 more years as gov and if the people say we don't need this house, what's the need building it?

Hopefully this is their waterloo. If he wants to spit in their face before 2019 he's free. The arrogance of these people is their undoing.

15 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by Basic123: 4:31pm On Aug 22, 2017
But lagos is a no mans land now

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by Blue3k(m): 4:36pm On Aug 22, 2017
Basic123:
But lagos is a no mans land now

Very true that's why Akwa Ibom state has a lot of prime properties in prime areas such as Broad Street, Victoria Island, Ikoyi and other areas in Lagos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stp55aOqkZY

Front Page: Lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by Basic123: 4:39pm On Aug 22, 2017
Blue3k:

Very true that's why Akwa Ibom state has a lot of prime properties in prime areas such as Broad Street, Victoria Island, Ikoyi and other areas in Lagos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stp55aOqkZY

Front Page: Lalasticlala
so why are they protesting?
Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by Blue3k(m): 4:42pm On Aug 22, 2017
Basic123:

Because this policy is very stupid. Why develop lands outside of state. There's more pressing issues in state and place where you can host investors like Le meridian. Would you want your tax money leaving state for dumb purpose?

16 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by victorDanladi: 4:42pm On Aug 22, 2017
Basic123:

Because they know lagos is not a no mans land in their sub conscious mind.The same reason why they are angry that dangote site his refinery in lagos.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by SeunFirstSon: 6:28pm On Aug 22, 2017
Good evening Nairalanders, Please i beg with the name of God, I really need help with the sum of 30k to settle my Landlord for my Lodge fee, The agent and the caretaker have really been after my neck and we are currently in exam period. He just left here few minutes ago asking me to pack out if i fail to pay up before on Tuesday or he's going to send guys to pack all my loads outside. I'm considering going to the village but I can't be attending exams from my village Cus it's a bit far, Mum is really sick she asked i packed the items back to the village but I just can't because I might miss my remaining exams Cus of transportation fees.
Nairalanders please help me, Never done this before but I'm dead frustrated here I don't think i have any other option but this.
God bless you all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by Sleyanya1(m): 6:30pm On Aug 22, 2017
Which kind insensitivity be this ?

Just another project to provide enough funds for the Governor & his cartel men.
Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by Ajibel(m): 6:30pm On Aug 22, 2017
Eko o ni baje ooo. Please let others build same in Lagos tongue tongue

14 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by femo122: 6:35pm On Aug 22, 2017
angry Too bad

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by Badonasty(m): 6:37pm On Aug 22, 2017
Atouke:
more

Let them continue developing another mans land

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by Olukokosir(m): 6:38pm On Aug 22, 2017
No wonder der educational system is backward

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by slamkobe(m): 6:38pm On Aug 22, 2017
meanwhile since this mallam became governor as little as all the dam traffic lights in the state capital are non functional. no scale of preference wat benefits has that building to the indigenes of the state. how many commoners will even have access to it?
Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by Thobiy(m): 6:39pm On Aug 22, 2017
inside another state

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by yinchar(m): 6:40pm On Aug 22, 2017
Omo Yoruba Ni wa...

Eko o ni baje o...

Come and invest in our land...

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by Sleyanya1(m): 6:40pm On Aug 22, 2017
Atouke:

That the state should be using its limited funds to develop its state rather than develop and Already developed former National Capital city.

, when the masses lack the basics like good schools, hospitals, power, portable water etc back home.
If govt. is desperate for befitting motel for its politicians in Lagos they could easily renovate one or both of the offices it already has in Lagos.

>50% of the lack of development in Niger Delta and South East is a function of Bad or corrupt Leaders in all arms of state government.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by newheart2(m): 6:40pm On Aug 22, 2017
Second tenure would be difficult 4 this man.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 22, 2017
I've learned you cannot cause a change from outside in Nigeria's political sphere. Fine, you will rant and rant some more. But these politicians will always do what they discuss over Friday night drinks and it will affect your damn lives!

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by curiousmind11: 6:42pm On Aug 22, 2017
I never thought I would say this. But Udom is too arrogant. He is taking the humility of his people as cowardice.

Imagine him causing CAN to suspend the leader of the protest. What did Akwa Ibom State do to deserve this type of governance?

10 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 22, 2017
In a time everyone is talking of separation? I believed such building is not in akwa ibom

5 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by UnknownT: 6:44pm On Aug 22, 2017
Kpatakpata make dem build am for Uyo. Doesn't this man have advisers who should advice sense into him without the fear of being sacked

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Awards Contract For 21 Storey Liaison Office In Lagos Despite Protest by free2ryhme: 6:45pm On Aug 22, 2017
Atouke:
Akwa Ibom State Govt. Has Gone Ahead To Award A contract for a New State Laison Office in Lagos Despite protest for the Youths in the State Against the said project.
It should be recalled that Barr. Inibeghe Effiong Led a massive protest of Indegeins of the state Against the project both in Lagos and in Uyo.

1.The protest is on the grounds that the state already has two offices in Lagos State( A State Owned Lodge and A liaison Office)and another one in Abuja, and a new office is unnecessary.

2.The contract Sum Of N9.1 Billion Naira, for the building would build industries, to provide jobs for jobless youths in the state, though the state govt has refuted the contract sum and claims it will cost less than N9.1 Billion Naira.But The Governor is yet to provide economic importance of a third Office in Lagos

3.That the state should be using its limited funds to develop its state rather than develop and Already developed former National Capital city.

4. That At a time that the country is going through a recession that it will be the height of insensitivity to the plights of the suffering masses in the state for the Govt to spend N9 billion In an elitist office that will be a glorified motel for the state politicians to lodge in Lagos, when the masses lack the basics like good schools, hospitals, power, portable water etc back home.
If govt. is desperate for befitting motel for its politicians in Lagos they could easily renovate one or both of the offices it already has in Lagos for less.

5. The protest in Uyo was the first time in the modern history of the state that such a large group of people has ever massively protested govt. policy. this shows how unpopular the policy is in the state.

From all indication, it seems that the state Governor and his rubber Stamp State Assembly has chosen to ignore the cries of the masses as it has decided to proceed with the project despite the plea of the masses in the state.

attached is the prototype of the officecomplex from the contractor http://vksconstruction.com/21-storey-office-tower/

It is an avenue to loot money as the amount for the project is overblooted

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buba Galadima Wears APC Shirt To Arise TV Interview (photo) / Video Of Atiku In The United States Of America / Patience Jonathan: My Fellow Widows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.