Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Southern Monarchs Slam Sultan: Nigerians Want Full Restructuring. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southern Monarchs Slam Sultan: Nigerians Want Full Restructuring. (16842 Views)

COVID-19: Four Things Nigerians Want To Hear From Buhari / Nigerians Post Pictures Of Saraki's Campaign Posters In Port Harcourt, Slam SR / Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southern Monarchs Slam Sultan: Nigerians Want Full Restructuring. by Moorish: 6:56am On Aug 23, 2017
wink2015:
Unfortunately the OVER DOMINEERING Hausa/Fulani and their hegemonic crave for powers not minding their inability to govern the country progressively still see RESTRUCTURING as a means to punish the northerners.

RESTRUCTURING is not a ploy by the south to punish the north but a necessity that is long overdue to address the age long imbalances in the country coupled with the fast dwindling resources especially crude oil money. In less than 10 years to 15 years if the different geopolitical zone do not come out with a revenue generating products the country will be seriously endangered as presently crude oil is fast taking the back stage and if we do not look for other ways to pull out our economic strength in our various zones then we will all sink together. Hence, the clamour for restructuring.

Go to Gbaramatu Kingdom in Delta state, Warri town, port harcourt, rivers state, Oloibiri town, Bayelsa state, Akwa Ibom state, oil producing Ondo state etc. it is all poverty and neglect. Edo state with their little oil have to share their crude oil money to the northern states and have less to develop Edo state. Lagos state that is contributing to Vat have to share their allocation meant for their own development to the northern states were Kano states get more federal allocation than the whole of the eastern states even though Kano is not contributing to the federation account.
Bayelsa state that has 8 local government contributes it oil money to take care of Kano states that has about 42 local government which the Late General Sani Abacha created for Kano state.

Yet the north will continued to stick to their old slogan "NIGERIA IS NOT NEGOTIABLE" NIGERIA IS INDIVISIBLE and all that BLA BLA!

The 2014 National Conference Report should be immediately opened and signed by the Executive and passed to National House of Assembly ( senate and House of Representative) for full approval and immediate implementation.

There should be no time to waste as the country is at the verge of disintegration. It is either we work together to keep this nation called Nigeria or we continue to fight one another and reap the consequences of our actions.

The north should not be afraid of RESTRUCTURING!

The north are refusing to approve restructuring because they feel it is not to their advantage but I think they are absolutely wrong.

RESTRUCTURING WILL NOT KILL YOU NORTHERNERS WITH ALL YOUR ECONOMIC STRENGTH IN AGRICULTURE INCLUDING A BIG LANDMASS THAT YOU CAN USE TO GROW FOOD FOR DOMESTIC CONSUMPTION AND EXPORT.

Very good points brother
Re: Southern Monarchs Slam Sultan: Nigerians Want Full Restructuring. by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 23, 2017
gberra:
Hahaa!!... Drake has changed his tune. cheesy Afterall, you had always been up ranting about ALL Yoruba Muslims. I was diligently awaiting a day like this when you roundly eat up your goof. cool
Drake my friend, learn not to be an easy game to bandwagon propaganda. cheesy

Abeggii...I am not changing anything. I only applaud him for distinguishing himself from other Yoruba Muslims ass lickerss. As far as I'm concerned, he's a lone wolf in the wilderness.

And FYI, the op deliberately left out some part of the article. Now see the concluding part of the article:

However, the Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi, told SUNDAY PUNCH that he agreed with the Sultan’s call for economic restructuring.

“I sat with the Sultan and he explained what he meant to me. He explained everything about the devolution of the economy to me and I agreed with him. If restructuring is about breaking up the country, I am against it. But if it is about how to improve the welfare of the people, I will support it,” he stated.

Oba Akanbi added that there should be a clear understanding of the restructuring being called for.

“So many people do not understand what the restructuring is about. Many think it is about the break-up of the country and the people must be educated that the restructuring they are clamouring for is not to break up the country.

As you can see, that's the typical behaviour of a yoruba muslim. They don't have a mind of their own. It must be what the sultan or what their aboki slave masters say. You Yoruba muslims have no shame I swear. Just imagine the trash the guy spewed - “I sat with the Sultan and he explained what he meant to me. He explained everything about the devolution of the economy to me and I agreed with him." Bullshit! What happens to having a mind of his own. Why not sit the sultan sdown and articulate his own position on restructuring but like the typical humble slave, he sat down with the sultan so that an abokiii can explain what restructuring is all about. Shame on all you yoruba Muslims for bringing disgrace to the Yoruba race.

@stanluiz, I agree with you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southern Monarchs Slam Sultan: Nigerians Want Full Restructuring. by kingsmaila(m): 8:48am On Aug 23, 2017
Please refer to the history to know who caused the current revenue sharing formula. I heard in a radio program that Aguiyi Ironsi changed it to the current one as the North was the main source of revenue in the 70s.
Re: Southern Monarchs Slam Sultan: Nigerians Want Full Restructuring. by Truckpusher(m): 8:57am On Aug 23, 2017
bedspread:
Sultan of sokoto is scared of relinquishing the power of the caliphate which has been responsible for deciding on who rules or not.
Almost all the presidents in Nigeria hv hd to be decided by the caliphate with the exception of GEJ and maybe one or 2 others.

GOD is crumbling the power....
You forgot about Abacha. grin

1 Like

Re: Southern Monarchs Slam Sultan: Nigerians Want Full Restructuring. by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:27am On Aug 23, 2017
Kazim88:

Now the problem of someone that is in the North-East or North-West cannot be the same problem of the people in the swamp region; it cannot be the same with the people in the forest region.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/punchng.com/southern-monarchs-to-sultan-nigerians-want-full-restructuring-opposing-it-unfair/amp/

A good leader should be aware of this fact!
Re: Southern Monarchs Slam Sultan: Nigerians Want Full Restructuring. by effogis: 11:16am On Aug 23, 2017
We don't want restructuring or dissolution of the economy. All we are saying, give us Biafra. Since 12th January 1970, the war stopped why didn't you restructure? rather you imposed marginalization, apartheid, persecution and religious upheaval against the Igbos, even killings. Now you are campaigning for the unity of the Nation while some section of the country are strongly feeling in-alienated.
Re: Southern Monarchs Slam Sultan: Nigerians Want Full Restructuring. by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 23, 2017
Markfemi:

Fiscal federalism and resource control !

The lawmakers are now the lawbeggers.

As they are in government, they are all blinds to see and correct the problem(fiscal federalism and resource control) so that all the states could develop their communities without waiting for peanuts from Aso Rock.

When all these representatives out of power comes 2019, their foolish eyes will clear and full of regrets.
Re: Southern Monarchs Slam Sultan: Nigerians Want Full Restructuring. by bloodykiller: 5:08am On Sep 06, 2017
[s]
IdisuleOurOwn:
[s][/s]
Bloodykiller is now making sense cheesy.
[/s]
what's this one saying?
Re: Southern Monarchs Slam Sultan: Nigerians Want Full Restructuring. by orisa37: 9:34am On Sep 06, 2017
Very good!!! Southern-monarchs should be careful with The Sultan, Emir of Kano, Wamako, Tambuwal and Mr. President on the Restructuring issue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Action Alliance National Chairman, Rejects Uche Nwosu As Governorship Candidate / Umahi: I Have Not Made Any Comment About Anambra Election / FG To Establish 18 Modular Refineries In Oil-Producing States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.