Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,520 members, 7,808,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Why Do Evil People Live Longer? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Evil People Live Longer? (8422 Views)

Why Do EVIL People Succeed? / Only Witches And Wizards Do Evil / Where do evil Spirits come from? D Bible never attributes evil spirits to Satan! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Evil People Live Longer? by woye77: 7:01pm On Feb 18, 2010
if we look at our world today it seems most of the time, people who do good tend to be the ones who go home early - say for example, - Diana, MKO, Michael Jackson, Jesus Christ etc while evil people e.g. Idi Amin, Mugabe etc live longer - why does God allow things to be this way?
Re: Why Do Evil People Live Longer? by Fhemmmy: 7:07pm On Feb 18, 2010
Only God knows why . . . .But then, who are we to judge who is good and evil?
Re: Why Do Evil People Live Longer? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 18, 2010
woye77:

if we look at our world today it seems most of the time, people who do good tend to be the ones who go home early - say for example, - Diana, MKO, Michael Jackson, Jesus Christ etc while evil people e.g. Idi Amin, Mugabe etc live longer - why does God allow things to be this way? 
see psalm37&also God gives them time to repent&takes away good pple b4 d evil days will make them bad
Re: Why Do Evil People Live Longer? by Zodiac61(m): 11:38pm On Feb 21, 2010
Assumptions, assumptions. What makes you think that Diana, MKO and Michael Jackson were good people? Diana was an adulterer. How did MKO make his money? Michael Jackson had his issues with alleged child abuse.
Life is random, good people die young, evil people die young. Good people live long lives, evil people live long lives.
There is no correlation between length of life and character.
Re: Why Do Evil People Live Longer? by InesQor(m): 6:43am On Feb 22, 2010
Evil people don't live longer. Most times they follow cautiously, howbeit transparently, diverse spiritual, social and physical principles and codes of conduct that have time-tested and proven efficacy for their purposes. Unlike many of the so-called "good people", these "evil ones" take the bull by the horn with a solid handle on life.

The "evil ones" are like thermostats regulating the world around them, and the "good people" you mentioned are like thermometers, they only measure the temperature regulated by the thermostats.
Re: Why Do Evil People Live Longer? by jagunlabi(m): 9:44am On Feb 22, 2010
They live longer to keep the drama of life going because they are the engines that power the plot on.In other words, they are very critical negatives in the shake up of things.Weird, ain't it? smiley
Re: Why Do Evil People Live Longer? by Joagbaje(m): 2:43pm On Feb 22, 2010
Evil people don't live longer. Every man is under the control of Satan , except he receieves salvation through Christ. Another thing is that longevity is not the sign of quality . Jesus died because that was why he came ; to die and resurect so that we may have life.  It is a matter of choice how long you want to live . A Born again man has dominion over death. He determine if he has to die or not.

1 Cor3:21
Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;

Death shouldn't take a Christian he has dominion over death . If he choose to , he may command his own death. Jesus laid down his life. Death didn't take him.

John 10:17
Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

Early apostles also commanded their own death. Paul in philipians was contemplating either he should die now or not.

Phil 1:23
For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh [is] more needful for you.25 And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith;

He decided to stay arround for more time to build the brethren. But later in life , when he felt he was through, he decided to depart. Even though he was killed , It was his choice.He laid his life down.

2Tim 4:6
For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished [my] course, I have kept the faith:

The quality of life is not in how long, but how fulfiled. The purpose of a man's life is the paramount thing. When you have fulfilled your mission . The rest is left for you . According to your faith, if you want to live 100 years or more. But a man has to be bor. Again first before he can fulfilled his purpose.
Re: Why Do Evil People Live Longer? by Jenna1(f): 9:25pm On Feb 22, 2010
Evil people have no conscience, they have no stress. Loving people take everything to heart! That is the difference! Loving people pay for evils deeds!!
Re: Why Do Evil People Live Longer? by benodic: 11:32pm On Feb 22, 2010
life is not a random walk. everything is in its rightful place and time. first you have to realize that you are the author of your own destiny. everything that comes to you is as a result of your past thoughts, words and actions. what you sow is what you reap. if you sow healthy activities that will give you a good life then a good and long life you will have and if you live a life filled with bad habits then do not be surprise if disease and ill health comes knocking. the so called evil people may have been keeping the laws of health without you knowing.
Re: Why Do Evil People Live Longer? by Zodiac61(m): 11:37pm On Feb 22, 2010
benodic:

life is not a random walk. everything is in its rightful place and time. first you have to realize that you are the author of your own destiny. everything that comes to you is as a result of your past thoughts, words and actions. what you sow is what you reap. if you sow healthy activities that will give you a good life then a good and long life you will have and if you live a life filled with bad habits then do not be surprise if disease and ill health comes knocking. the so called evil people may have been keeping the laws of health without you knowing.
More meaningless mumbo jumbo.
Re: Why Do Evil People Live Longer? by Jenna1(f): 12:09am On Feb 23, 2010
Seriously what do pshycopaths worry about, nothing, they don't feel!! That was my point!! They lead totally stress free lives, no consequences!
Re: Why Do Evil People Live Longer? by sinequanon: 12:35am On Feb 23, 2010
benodic:

Interesting insight. I agree with much of what I understand by what you have said. Yes, I have learned that I am the author of my own experiences. One would have to rise above the reluctance to accept the 'seemingly unpalatable' idea that one is also author of ones problems and illnesses, but I can think of nothing more liberating than this realisation.

I also find it better to learn and adjust my perspective from experience than to persist with dogma about who is and isn't evil. Those who are stubborn, tend to be lumbered with the conundrum of why so-called 'bad' things happen to so-called 'good' people, and vice versa.
Re: Why Do Evil People Live Longer? by ilosiwaju: 11:11am On Feb 23, 2010
I dont have any statical data for this but i kinda agree with inesqor about some principles they follow. Growing up, the sermons i used to hear in church always said stuffs like: you must be faithful, born-again etc to prosper in life and that unbelievers dont prosper. But now, the sermon in pentecostal churches now go like this: unbelievers are prospering today because they are following some principles.
Back to the main point sha, have you noticed that the so-called evil people happen to be more meticulous folks, mostly disciplined. Look at the mafia for example with all their illegal activities: if you run your organisation like the mafia excluding the violence and law breaking of course, with the staff loyalty, honesty etc, wont that give you better profits?
These people read more than the so-called good people, they know how the world works, they dont always lookup to an afterlife, they live in the now, they believe they are responsible for their actions however unfair some turn out to be. Since life itself is a selfish and harsh business, this people excel more. Playfully sha, look at some television villains for example:
1. Mr Burns in The Simpsons is alive while Ned Flander's wife died.
2. Agent Smith in Matrix. i love this guy
and my personal favourite, Ben Linus in Lost. Always tucking in his shirt am not saying tucking in ur shirt elongates life span grin , regular use of "please" even if he is messing you up, a good listener and reads a lot.

pardon my non-academic response
grin
Re: Why Do Evil People Live Longer? by Zodiac61(m): 11:43am On Feb 23, 2010
ilosiwaju:

I dont have any statical data for this but i kinda agree with inesqor about some principles they follow. Growing up, the sermons i used to hear in church always said stuffs like: you must be faithful, born-again etc to prosper in life and that unbelievers dont prosper. But now, the sermon in pentecostal churches now go like this: unbelievers are prospering today because they are following some principles.
Back to the main point sha, have you noticed that the so-called evil people happen to be more meticulous folks, mostly disciplined. Look at the mafia for example with all their illegal activities: if you run your organisation like the mafia excluding the violence and law breaking of course, with the staff loyalty, honesty etc, wont that give you better profits?
These people read more than the so-called good people, they know how the world works, they dont always lookup to an afterlife, they live in the now, they believe they are responsible for their actions however unfair some turn out to be. Since life itself is a selfish and harsh business, this people excel more. Playfully sha, look at some television villains for example:
and my personal favourite, Ben Linus in Lost. Always tucking in his shirt am not saying tucking in your shirt elongates life span grin , regular use of "please" even if he is messing you up, a good listener and reads a lot.

grin
It would have been helpful if you did not use fictional characters, playful or not. the reality is that there is no evidence for your thesis, only wishful thinking.
Re: Why Do Evil People Live Longer? by ilosiwaju: 1:18pm On Feb 23, 2010
ilosiwaju:

and my personal favourite, Ben Linus in Lost. Always tucking in his shirt am not saying tucking in your shirt elongates life span grin , regular use of "please" even if he is messing you up, a good listener and reads a lot.

grin
Did you read the bolded parts of my post sir especially the first one? Of course you're right that my thesis has no evidence, i know that too. There is no whistle to blow as i already confessed to the crime.
grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Evil People Live Longer? by InesQor(m): 1:33pm On Feb 23, 2010
Zodiac61, isn't it strange that you are expecting statistical or theoretical answers to a problem that has no empirical support to validate its claims?

@Ilosiwaju: I agree with you on the loyalty found in organized crime, an institution primarily run by fear grin and I strongly believe that there are many cues that can be taken from them, by those of us (I'm not necessarily including you) that do not run our agenda by the element of fear.
Re: Why Do Evil People Live Longer? by jagunlabi(m): 1:26pm On Feb 24, 2010
For good people to start living longer, they should stop living the life of victims.The victim mentality shorten your lifespan more effectively than any disease can.
Re: Why Do Evil People Live Longer? by Tonyet1(m): 2:44pm On Feb 24, 2010
jagunlabi:

For good people to start living longer, they should stop living the life of victims.The victim mentality shorten your lifespan more effectively than any disease can.

Life of victims?  Sir, pls explain? undecided
Re: Why Do Evil People Live Longer? by jagunlabi(m): 4:18pm On Feb 24, 2010
Tonye-t:

Life of victims? Sir, pls explain? undecided
Living the life of a victim is to live one's life with the victim mentality, and as the ancient wisdom goes, victim mentality produces victim circumstances(accidents, bad health,etc), and victim circumstances can kill one faster than a bullet.We are what we experience in life.We have far more influence on our lives and what we experience in ou lives than we have been led to believe up till now.

How does one live a life of victim?By debasing and denigrading oneself in one's own mind with the following mantras of doom;
-I am nothing;
-I have no control over my life;
-I can't do anything by myself, so i need somebody else to do it for me(whoever that may be);
-Only god can solve my troubles, i am powerless;
-Etc.,etc., etc

If these mantras of doom sounds all too familiar, then that's because we are all living by them.Negative people do not live by such mantras and that is why they live longer and they prosper.They empower themselves with knowledge instead of disempowering themselves with empty dogma.Dogmas are for losers, and losers are mostly good people.We have been taught very erroneously that there is virtue in believing and wallowing in one's own powerlessness, they even call it "humility".That is the worst, most vicious lie ever told us by people in the know.
Good people should also begin to empower themselves with knowledge in order to assert themselves and live longer, for it is all in the mind.
Re: Why Do Evil People Live Longer? by Tonyet1(m): 4:29pm On Feb 24, 2010
jagunlabi:

Living the life of a victim is to live one's life with the victim mentality, and as the ancient wisdom goes, victim mentality produces victim circumstances(accidents, bad health,etc), and victim circumstances can kill one faster than a bullet.We are what we experience in life.We have far more influence on our lives and what we experience in ou lives than we have been led to believe up till now.

How does one live a life of victim?By debasing and denigrading oneself in one's own mind with the following mantras of doom;
-I am nothing;
-I have no control over my life;
-I can't do anything by myself, so i need somebody else to do it for me(whoever that may be);
-Only god can solve my troubles, i am powerless;
-Etc.,etc., etc

If these mantras of doom sounds all too familiar, then that's because we are all living by them.Negative people do not live by such mantras and that is why they live longer and they prosper.They empower themselves with knowledge instead of disempowering themselves with empty dogma.Dogmas are for losers, and losers are mostly good people.We have been taught very erroneously that there is virtue in believing and wallowing in one's own powerlessness, they even call it "humility".That is the worst, most vicious lie ever told us by people in the know.
Good people should also begin to empower themselves with knowledge in order to assert themselves and live longer, for it is all in the mind.

So do i take it that YOUR OWN definition of "Good People" are that:

-They are nothing;
-They have no control over their life;
-They can't do anything by themselves, so they need somebody else to do it for them(whoever that may be);
-Only god can solve their troubles, they are powerless;
-Etc.,etc., etc

If your answer is yes, then we really have to talk urgently.
Re: Why Do Evil People Live Longer? by jagunlabi(m): 4:34pm On Feb 24, 2010
I did not give you any definition of "good people".I only gave you what it means to be living with a victim mentality.I also alluded that there are way too many good people with this mentality, but there are definitely good people who are without such mentality, and they live longer as a result.But their number is too low.
Tonye-t:

So do i take it that YOUR OWN definition of "Good People" are that:

-They are nothing;
-They have no control over their life;
-They can't do anything by themselves, so they need somebody else to do it for them(whoever that may be);
-Only god can solve their troubles, they are powerless;
-Etc.,etc., etc

If your answer is yes, then we really have to talk urgently.

Re: Why Do Evil People Live Longer? by sinequanon: 5:02pm On Feb 24, 2010
jagunlabi:

I only gave you what it means to be living with a victim mentality.I also alluded that there are way too many good people with this mentality. . .

I think the victim mentality and the irresponsible blame someone else mentality are one and the same, and many people you are calling "good" have that irresponsible blame mentality.
Re: Why Do Evil People Live Longer? by jagunlabi(m): 5:10pm On Feb 24, 2010
sinequanon:

I think the victim mentality and the irresponsible blame someone else mentality are one and the same, and many people you are calling "good" have that irresponsible blame mentality.
Yes, i quite agree.The unwillingness to take responsibilities for what is happening in one's own life, and to blame others, is very much part of the victim mentality, and that pervades the nigerian society so much.And that is the reason nigerians have a very low life span on the average.
The victim mentality hangs over nigerians like an overdimensional psychic albatross, and it is killing us and turning our lives in general into hell on earth that we have created and still keep on creatig for ourselves and the coming generations.
Re: Why Do Evil People Live Longer? by Tonyet1(m): 5:20pm On Feb 24, 2010
Jagunlabi,

You are sounding confused.

Topic: "Why do Evil People Live Longer" and your paraphrased response was that " For good people to start living longer, they should stop living the life of victims" meaning " Bad people live longer becos they dont live the life of victims" right?

Ok, in clear terms what is your definition of "Good People"?
Re: Why Do Evil People Live Longer? by jagunlabi(m): 5:39pm On Feb 24, 2010
Do i really need to define what good people are before you understand what i am trying to put across?I think not.
Who are evil people?If you have the answer to that question, then the opposite of that represent the good people. grin
Re: Why Do Evil People Live Longer? by Tonyet1(m): 5:43pm On Feb 24, 2010
Not so smart, brace up and answer a simple question. Dont come up like someone who spews and run.

For the knowing, lets just say i dont know the defs of Evil people and Good people and i need you to just tell ur def of the term. embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Do Evil People Live Longer? by jagunlabi(m): 5:56pm On Feb 24, 2010
Ofcourse you know what good and evil people are, but of what relevance is that to the topic at hand.I have stated my own view on the topic, if you have something to say, then say it.I don't involve myself in the silly and useless battles of semantics that goes on in this religious forum.
Re: Why Do Evil People Live Longer? by Jenna1(f): 6:16pm On Feb 24, 2010
Jennasmiley:

Evil people have no conscience, they have no stress. Loving people take everything to heart! That is the difference! Loving people pay for evils deeds!!

Between good and bad, evil and good whatever, victim or predator, which one do you wish to be. In the end of time does the predator or the victim go to heaven?? Think about it, we are creating a world of predator in our societies with thinking like this. We are teaching the opposite of turn the other cheek, to bite before you get bitten!!! A disgrace in the eyes of God!! The meek(the one called victim) shall inheirt the earth!!
Re: Why Do Evil People Live Longer? by sinequanon: 6:21pm On Feb 24, 2010
jagunlabi:

Ofcourse you know what good and evil people are, but of what relevance is that to the topic at hand.I have stated my own view on the topic, if you have something to say, then say it.I don't involve myself in the silly and useless battles of semantics that goes on in this religious forum.

The relevance may be as follows.

Have you questioned your definition in the light of the actual behaviours you see in so-called 'good' people?

It reminds me of a similar issue with 'health food'. Much of the junk that goes under this label is still seen as health food by some people. Not all health foods are good for you?! cool
Re: Why Do Evil People Live Longer? by jagunlabi(m): 6:55pm On Feb 24, 2010
sinequanon:

The relevance may be as follows.

Have you questioned your definition in the light of the actual behaviours you see in so-called 'good' people?

It reminds me of a similar issue with 'health food'. Much of the junk that goes under this label is still seen as health food by some people. Not all health foods are good for you?! cool
Yes, and after a long and useless back and forth of semantics gymnastics, we will suddenly discover that everything is subjective afterall.What is "good" in this perspective is "bad" in another, and everybody will sign off happy.It is always the same thing.Been there a thausand times in the years gone by.
Who are the socalled "evil" people and what makes them so?Ofcourse these back and forths help one increase one's posting tally.
Re: Why Do Evil People Live Longer? by sinequanon: 7:36pm On Feb 24, 2010
jagunlabi:

Yes, and after a long and useless back and forth of semantics gymnastics, we will suddenly discover that everything is subjective afterall.What is "good" in this perspective is "bad" in another, and everybody will sign off happy.It is always the same thing.Been there a thausand times in the years gone by.
Who are the socalled "evil" people and what makes them so?Ofcourse these back and forths help one increase one's posting tally.

Alternatively, you could calmly give your definition and, if they disagree with it, let them know it is your definition -- the definition you prefer, ending the back and forth business.  wink

If you enter into discussion needing to impose your opinions, it tends to go back and forth endlessly. If you only want to share your opinions, there is no such hassle.  smiley
Re: Why Do Evil People Live Longer? by jagunlabi(m): 11:45pm On Feb 24, 2010
sinequanon:

Alternatively, you could calmly give your definition and, if they disagree with it, let them know it is your definition -- the definition you prefer, ending the back and forth business. wink

If you enter into discussion needing to impose your opinions, it tends to go back and forth endlessly. If you only want to share your opinions, there is no such hassle. smiley
What is wrong with this guy?I gave my views and moved on.Where did i impose my views?I was asked to expansiate on some parts of my views which i did.What more do you want?A neverending back and forth that ends up in a cul de sac?I don't have energy for such trips.

Why don't you offer your own view on the topic and then move on?

(1) (2) (Reply)

For Atheist: Come And Tell Us How Man Came Into Existence / Beware Of "A Balanced Message" - Olamide Obire / Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.