Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,934 members, 7,799,160 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here (7388 Views)

How Is Network Data Speed In Your Area? / How To Know Your Network Speed In Nigeria / Glo Network Speed Has Massively Improved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by Baadal(m): 7:08am On Aug 23, 2017
swagguElite:
Bros I hail oo! ...my highest na 520kb/s ....I remember I held my hand over the kitchen sink for hours ...mosquitoes enjoy that day aswear! ... I no fit shake talkless of move!

Around that 3am ...my mom came into kitchen n
Mom : what are you doing in my kitchen? ...
Me: Night browsing! ...

Mom: You kno I counted the meat!
Me: Waaat!

Mom: Beta leave the kitchen now!
Me:Mummy ooh yu can't understand! ...just leave me!

Mom: (Carries all the pots to her room)
embarassed fvccck!
This got me LMAO cheesy
Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by joeace2020(m): 7:16am On Aug 23, 2017
Shezhawt:

MTN never fails to disappoint

No they never fail to.
Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 23, 2017
IKON360:

What took you to researching or knowing the diffrence? I fear you

He doesn't need to research. He simply needs to be observative. When U're downloading with a pc, if Ur download speed reaches something like 500 kB/s, the speed in Ur modem interface will be something like 4Mbps.Thats 8 Mbps for just I megabyte per sec.
Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by chuksOG: 7:32am On Aug 23, 2017
Internet speed at Silicon Valley.

You will probably pay with your life to get this in Nigeria.

Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by seguno2: 7:42am On Aug 23, 2017
Shezhawt:
MTN never fails to disappoint

Do you mean that our country never fails to disappoint?
How many kilowatts of electricity do we generate?
How many City & Guilds certified technicians do we produce yearly?
Do you know that our country has the highest number of children roaming the streets out of school?
Can a man build a roof without first building a foundation and walls?
Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by kiddie(m): 8:42am On Aug 23, 2017
chuksOG:

That's 14mbps
Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by Ebubemg(m): 10:00am On Aug 23, 2017
My 3g and 4g speed, I'm in the same group with lots of foreigners and there speed is not so great as u people are making it look like, even in those countries ur location determines ur speed, the uks and the Americans are even complaining of there low speed, we did speed test and nigeria did not do bad in the test

Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by decountof(m): 10:28am On Aug 23, 2017
benzene00:
where u go even see 1mb\s

just 200kb/s from glo and I'm already dancing

I get about 1.2MBps from GLO network,Ibeju-Lekki (in front of Dangote Refinery Gate).
Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by Chukazu: 11:46am On Aug 23, 2017
Singapore, South Korea and Hong Kong have the fastest internet speed

undecided where are my gonna get a SONY XPERIA phone? Was told they have left Nigerian due to low sales
Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by chuksOG: 12:04pm On Aug 23, 2017
kiddie:

That's 14mbps

14 or 116mbps?
Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 23, 2017
benzene00:
where u go even see 1mb\s

just 200kb/s from glo and I'm already dancing

On my swift at home I get 3.2mbps download speed

Though they installed an external antenna for me
Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by Jackossky(m): 12:06pm On Aug 23, 2017
You guys will fear my own speed download if I tell you..From the stables of Glo

0.2kb/s at night oooo

it was with vexation that I dropped the sim.

Mtn been playing games with me...How can I subscribe for 500mb night plan, and just 2 mins to my usage having used 10 mb, the network stopped connecting.. No service

I felt like crying...

1 Like

Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by Bahddo(m): 12:07pm On Aug 23, 2017
Woah! 93MB/s is damn fast even for LTE.
I'd flex that kind of network someday. God dey.
Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by Bahddo(m): 12:10pm On Aug 23, 2017
Benstino:

He doesn't need to research. He simply needs to be observative. When U're downloading with a pc, if Ur download speed reaches something like 500 kB/s, the speed in Ur modem interface will be something like 4Mbps.Thats 8 Mbps for just I megabyte per sec.
observant*
Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 23, 2017
Bahddo:
observant*
Mr Oxford, they're still d same
Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by Gerrard59(m): 12:46pm On Aug 23, 2017
Chukazu:
Singapore, South Korea and Hong Kong have the fastest internet speed

undecided where are my gonna get a SONY XPERIA phone? Was told they have left Nigerian due to low sales

Check their office along Ikot Ekpene Road, Uyo after MTN's office. The low sales should be blamed on poor or little advertising. They advertise less than Samsung, why should do they expect huge sales?

2 Likes

Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 23, 2017
chuksOG:

Mine, Nigeria

Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by Myself2(m): 2:07pm On Aug 23, 2017
folakemigeh:
Mine, Nigeria

Hey,I got info for you
Reach me via kassimab@yahoo.com
Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by wristbangle: 3:24pm On Aug 23, 2017
folakemigeh:
Mine, Nigeria

Are u on MTN or GLO 4G? shocked
Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by Bossman(m): 6:35pm On Aug 23, 2017
Still pretty good speed. Naija will get there slowly. It used to be way slower than it currently is. Got this in a rural area on way to work

Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by iXavier: 6:53pm On Aug 23, 2017
Bossman:
Still pretty good speed. Naija will get there slowly. It used to be way slower than it currently is. Got this in a rural area on way to work

Which network is this?
Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by iXavier: 6:54pm On Aug 23, 2017
folakemigeh:
Mine, Nigeria
Smile is this fast? Wawu

1 Like

Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by Bossman(m): 6:56pm On Aug 23, 2017
NO! It's exactly what was posted. 116 mbps. Like others said, it really depends on the tower you are connected to at that particular location. Sometimes I get a little lower than what I posted above, and sometimes I get faster speeds.

kiddie:

That's 14mbps
Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by Bossman(m): 6:58pm On Aug 23, 2017
Sorry. I thought it's was showing. The whatsapp icon is blocking it. That's AT&T in a suburb of Chicago.

iXavier:

Which network is this?
Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by iXavier: 7:00pm On Aug 23, 2017
Bossman:
Sorry. I thought it's was showing. The whatsapp icon is blocking it. That's AT&T in a suburb of Chicago.

I thought it was achieved in Nigeria here, I would be shocked
Thanks for replying
Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by kingsilly(m): 7:00pm On Aug 23, 2017
Bossman:
NO! It's exactly what was posted. 116 mbps. Like others said, it really depends on the tower you are connected to at that particular location. Sometimes I get a little lower than what I posted above, and sometimes I get faster speeds.

It's 14 Sir
You divide the result by 8 when you do a Speedtest, to get the proper download Speed
The result is in megabits not megabytes
Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 23, 2017
iXavier:

Smile is this fast?
Wawu
it's not smile o.

It's ipnx
Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 23, 2017
wristbangle:

Are u on MTN or GLO 4G? shocked
ipnx
Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by wristbangle: 7:35pm On Aug 23, 2017
folakemigeh:
ipnx

Hmmm! Anyway I remember IPNX,.... it is well cry
Re: See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here by Bossman(m): 7:52pm On Aug 23, 2017
The result is always in megabits, so why divide and convert. Yes, if you are trying to determine how much it will take to download a megabyte, then you divide. However, if the results is displayed in MBps (Uppercase MB), then it's megabytes. OP posted 750 mbps (lowercase mb). All the speedtests websites or apps I have used always display it in mbps (all lowercase), at least by default.

http://www.attinternetservice.com/resources/mbps-vs-mbps/

kingsilly:

It's 14 Sir
You divide the result by 8 when you do a Speedtest, to get the proper download Speed
The result is in megabits not megabytes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Galaxy S10 Plus Review (How good is it?) / Celtel SIM GPRS Activation / Having Problem.with My Gioneef103 3g And 4g Networks Please Enter And Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.