Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities (36478 Views)

Atiku: Niger-Delta Can Have 100% Of Oil Revenues / Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners / Governor Dickson Enjoying A Boat Ride In Niger Delta Creeks. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by cliffypatt(m): 5:06am On Aug 24, 2017
geronimoedeh1:
Igbos want to still niger-delta oil...very greedy set of people.
Look what they have done .
Make use of your brain, it is not in that moronic vertex of yours for nothing
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by Eluwilussit(m): 5:07am On Aug 24, 2017
cliffypatt:

If Jonathan had focused on the ND, I am sure you will be one of those uttering "Sentimental buffoon" Why can't you stop complaining here and there?

Now that he didn't do nothing for his people, has he not been criticized by all? Abi niger delta never suffer reach? Nobody would have complained from the South of the country.
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by cliffypatt(m): 5:09am On Aug 24, 2017
honeychild:

I remember all of you laughing at those cautioning NDA (Niger Delta Avengers) when they were bombing pipelines. I think you have now become environmentalist too grin grin grin

Abeg nothing concern Nigerians joor. Avengers should resume bombing in September.
Without the oil, your state is nothing. I bet your so called Nigeria won't do any better than Burundi, if the ND secedes.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by hollywater: 5:57am On Aug 24, 2017
Remimadrid:
They will be busy bombing and destroying their own land, while blamiming the federal for their doing so, while their leaders from the niger delta becomes wealthier.
Niger delta youths are the most stupid set of people in the world.
You are a fu.king pretender. Osibanjo is a green snake in green grass.
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by oduastates: 6:19am On Aug 24, 2017
Just bad.
To think that these communities gain nothing from the oil
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by Larwin(m): 6:42am On Aug 24, 2017
You can't just be blaming federal government and companies for this, your community leaders is the problem. They sold you out and destroyed your lands by their greeds. No project can be embarked in all these regions without carrying them along so if anything like cleaning up is left behind then you know something is not right. But you people everything is government government... Infact the community have a greater role to play in any project.
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by nwosu1982: 7:16am On Aug 24, 2017
Remimadrid:
They will be busy bombing and destroying their own land, while blamiming the federal for their doing so, while their leaders from the niger delta becomes wealthier.
Niger delta youths are the most stupid set of people in the world.
ur fada
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by cyril83(m): 7:31am On Aug 24, 2017
legislatively:
no one bombed pipelines in ogoni and ilaje, the federal government in conjunction with the oil companies refused to do clean-up.
The case is the same in most part of nigerdelta

Many of you Niger deltans were busy looting and acquiring wealth when your brother was a president, forgetting the issue of cleaning up.
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:33am On Aug 24, 2017
Killurself:
Urhobo spillage, isoko spillage, itshekiri spillage and ijaws Master of bunkery, I know spillage happen but most of the spillage caused by damaging of pipeline by bunkerer. Most of places in Niger delta water way are full of crude oil and their brothers and sisters knows that activities of bunkery is affecting their fishing especially those of fisherman but they can says anything. One ijaw man said no fish for water I now asked him why he said the crude dey pursue the fish, I said who cause it he said nah our brothers that engaged in bunkery, I said but why can you organised fishermen's like you and talk to them, he said hummmmmm, then go kill us, I just look at him and shake my head, who re you to blame government or security.,nobody. Sometimes they should blame themselves. If it real spillage the company will come there very fast and lock the pipeline and clean the spillage. Almost all the communities in Niger delta get cooking camps, where they cook crude to diesels and kerosene. When you come to Niger delta you will know most of things am saying

Since you live in the Niger Delta, you might know also that it is the endemic poverty that drives the people to bunkering.
What solution do you propose ? They should remain passive and die of hunger while Bubu the dullard spends the ND money on treating his mystery ailment in London ?
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:35am On Aug 24, 2017
Killurself:
Urhobo spillage, isoko spillage, itshekiri spillage and ijaws Master of bunkery, I know spillage happen but most of the spillage caused by damaging of pipeline by bunkerer. Most of places in Niger delta water way are full of crude oil and their brothers and sisters knows that activities of bunkery is affecting their fishing especially those of fisherman but they can says anything. One ijaw man said no fish for water I now asked him why he said the crude dey pursue the fish, I said who cause it he said nah our brothers that engaged in bunkery, I said but why can you organised fishermen's like you and talk to them, he said hummmmmm, then go kill us, I just look at him and shake my head, who re you to blame government or security.,nobody. Sometimes they should blame themselves. If it real spillage the company will come there very fast and lock the pipeline and clean the spillage. Almost all the communities in Niger delta get cooking camps, where they cook crude to diesels and kerosene. When you come to Niger delta you will know most of things am saying

Since you live in the Niger Delta, you might know also that it is the endemic poverty that drives the people to bunkering.
What solution do you propose ? They should remain passive and die of hunger while Bubu the dullard (aided by the other members of government) spends the Niger Delta money on frivolities and treating his mystery ailment in London ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by erico2k2(m): 7:47am On Aug 24, 2017
FrankGiel:

Let me make u understand how lazy ur people are..
Every service company that works on the field are mandated to employ 4 indigenes (2 skilled, 2 unskilled) from the community per job operation and those indigenes are paid..from all my experiences, they never want to learn. They will never show up to be trained.. They will blab with their entitlement mentality, that they are landlord's. when its time for payment they will show up... Every company that visits the field/rig , mandates Their CLO to pay a required levy prior to going to the field. When we get to the field, a fresh set of levy is imposed.. All these money go to a selected set of disgruntled lazy individuals..
Long story cut short.. Ur people are pretty lazy!!
When you.challenge people you have to put them into perspective . You call people like me lazy . Let me.ask you what have you in person dome to improve human life in any capacity ? Look at me who is very lazy and you who is not lazy .U manage to get on a lazy bus to a lazy land and do a job people are too lazy to do.main while the likes of you generalise people of my extract as lazy and do not want to work . Go to Lagos . Don't you have same people who smoke all day and rob at night ? All over the world there are bound to B people who can't be bothered . Even here in the UK we have English men and women who can't be bothered to work . So that mean the English are Lazy going by your own self definition of LAZY ?
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by IdeeEsperanza(m): 8:51am On Aug 24, 2017
We have our leaders in the Senate and House of Representatives. WTF are they doing there?
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by Customer80: 9:04am On Aug 24, 2017
lordjosh:

GOD & DEVIL PUNISH YOU!
why are you so frustrated? get a life man
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by khalids: 10:32am On Aug 24, 2017
omaar12:
Are they the only ones in the national assembly, they can only put forth a motion or whatever those guys do up there. they can force the rest assembly member to support the motion.
what will the north gain from the clean up ( Nothing ) so they won't support
what will the south west gain from the clean up( nothing)
what will the south east gain from the clean up( Nothing)
as far as this other region does not take it seriously and the cash flow is not stopped. the real clean up will never ever come.
But in their own country or a country shared with just one of the 3 major ethnic group they can lobby for the clean up and the motion will set sail perfectly. they can't heal the land even with restructuring and they can't push for self determination on their own.

Accepted, they cant do it alone......But have those senators, house of rep members put up these notions.....mind you same applies for all senators as regards the regions they represent.....Senators usually have to lobby and put pressure for their motions to be taken seriously......if the senator cannot get it done...then he is not the right person for the Job....it means he just there getting paid and doing nothing...

Its also part of the Governors, LG Chairmen and Counselors duty to help in creasing the pressure that the motions moved by the senators should be attended to with seriousness....but are they doing this...

Government is about politicking...lobbying....compromising ....and even blackmailing.....it appears the leadership is not playing the politics right or they don't care and are simply just interested in the money that enters their personal account
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by omaar12(m): 10:41am On Aug 24, 2017
khalids:

Accepted, they cant do it alone......But have those senators, house of rep members put up these notions.....mind you same applies for all senators as regards the regions they represent.....Senators usually have to lobby and put pressure for their motions to be taken seriously......if the senator cannot get it done...then he is not the right person for the Job....it means he just there getting paid and doing nothing...

Its also part of the Governors, LG Chairmen and Counselors duty to help in creasing the pressure that the motions moved by the senators should be attended to with seriousness....but are they doing this...

Government is about politicking...lobbying....compromising ....and even blackmailing.....it appears the leadership is not playing the politics right or they don't care and are simply just interested in the money that enters their personal account
Why support something that you won't benefit anything from. let take the issue of the second Niger bridge. if this bridge was to be constructed to connect the south and north, I would have been built and we would have Even forgotten about it.
Am saying no matter how you try to lobby those senators from other regions, provided they won't be benefiting anything from it, it just won't sail.
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by khalids: 10:42am On Aug 24, 2017
omaar12:
The Igbos are pushing strongly for self determination under mazi Nnamdi kanu the question is, is he a politician (No).aside from the fact that he uses abusive words on other ethnic group I can tell u for a fact that most people from other ethnic group support him because he came out to say what everyone has been meaning to say BT to afraid to. And the ND will hold those leaders account when they are on their own, they won't blame abuja, southwest or south east. for their leaders have no reason not to be accountable.

Human beings naturally always think their problems are cause by some external forces and never by them.....The Niger Deltans are currently unable to hold their leaders to account now, how will they be able to do it when they get self determination....

As for Nnamdi Kanu,....lets assume he get Biafra to be on its own and he is even made president, Is it not majority of the politicians holding office today that will still end up as governors, senators, counselor etc....Do you think Kanu will be able to control them....or he will be running a dictatorship government.....Remember you said he is not a politician, how will then be able to maneuver the crazy political terrain that he will gain.....how will he be able to deliver on his promises if the political elites dont play ball or they begin to sabotage him.....When it comes to politics things are not as simple as we think....

See Ghana for example, even after Rawlings virtually executed the entire corrupt political class....till now not very much as changed, simply because the new political class also have the same mind set as the old...

See south Africa, even after Mandella's fight and sacrifice and later presidency.....how much better is life for black south Africans today.....today black south Africans have now looking to blame other migrant blacks for their problems.....

What I know is this the problem with Nigeria is our value system and our citizens mindset.....and this ramshackle values system/mindset as been imprinted into all tribes....
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by Cool23(m): 10:58am On Aug 24, 2017
cliffypatt:

I see why you don't want restructuring because your parasitic state will find it difficult to survive. You can only depend on the ND oil for survival. Take it or leave full restructuring will take place
with that kind of selfish reasoning that is why nigeria is where it is and the oil you are screaming will soon become useless because everyone is looking for greener energy
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by khalids: 11:06am On Aug 24, 2017
omaar12:
Why support something that you won't benefit anything from. let take the issue of the second Niger bridge. if this bridge was to be constructed to connect the south and north, I would have been built and we would have Even forgotten about it.
Am saying no matter how you try to lobby those senators from other regions, provided they won't be benefiting anything from it, it just won't sail.

Its called lobbying because the other senators also have motions to push.....When they come with theirs too, you also would not support them.....
The senate is sent up in a mutually assured destruction kind of way....if you throw away my bill, i throw away you own bill too...

The problem is our senators are not interested in what the people want only in what enters their pocket.....It is a Nigerian problem and it involves all ethnic groups...
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by KingSango(m): 11:38am On Aug 24, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

What solution do you propose ? They should remain passive and die of hunger while Bubu the dullard (aided by the other members of government) spends the Niger Delta money on frivolities and treating his mystery ailment in London ?

Now we know the horse and carriage preserved the environment. Return to traditions. Ase. Love, Sango
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by akulaxx: 11:59am On Aug 24, 2017
ijaw poeple are bisfrans
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by akulaxx: 12:08pm On Aug 24, 2017
IdeeEsperanza:
We have our leaders in the Senate and House of Representatives. WTF are they doing there?

they are there for their pocket, get that into your brain

nobody is representing your interest
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by omaar12(m): 12:46pm On Aug 24, 2017
khalids:

Its called lobbying because the other senators also have motions to push.....When they come with theirs too, you also would not support them.....
The senate is sent up in a mutually assured destruction kind of way....if you throw away my bill, i throw away you own bill too...

The problem is our senators are not interested in what the people want only in what enters their pocket.....It is a Nigerian problem and it involves all ethnic groups...

So we can both agree that those in power are the reason for our ethnic division it so divided that it best we all go our separate ways where lobbying won't be too hard a task for our senators of the various new republic states.
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by khalids: 1:49pm On Aug 24, 2017
omaar12:
So we can both agree that those in power are the reason for our ethnic division it so divided that it best we all go our separate ways where lobbying won't be too hard a task for our senators of the various new republic states.

My issue now is those in power also include people of all these regions and if we go our separate ways....they most likely will still be in charge
How then will this same people now be able to give us good governance....when they don't really care about us
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by omaar12(m): 3:23pm On Aug 24, 2017
khalids:

My issue now is those in power also include people of all these regions and if we go our separate ways....they most likely will still be in charge
How then will this same people now be able to give us good governance....when they don't really care about us
One thing with breaking into smaller unit and if I may add same ethnic group oriented country is that No one will complain of witch hunting of one region toward another.
For example u see how in Nigeria where corrupt politician tend to go scout free after embezzling it state coffers the ( ministers and senator) will be defend and hidden away from the law by those from the same region.
but in an ethnical based country take the igbos for example they have 5state and some part of delta and rivers states let just say 6 in total, it won't be 6 rather they will be broken down into smaller units. if anyone is found wanting on the basis of corruption the power to lobby a lot of people will be reduced even for a sitting president, not to talk about a provincial governor it vice and the provincial representative in the National assembly.
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by khalids: 3:35pm On Aug 24, 2017
omaar12:
One thing with breaking into smaller unit and if I may add same ethnic group oriented country is that No one will complain of witch hunting of one region toward another.
For example u see how in Nigeria where corrupt politician tend to go scout free after embezzling it state coffers the ( ministers and senator) will be defend and hidden away from the law by those from the same region.
but in an ethnical based country take the igbos for example they have 5state and some part of delta and rivers states let just say 6 in total, it won't be 6 rather they will be broken down into smaller units. if anyone is found wanting on the basis of corruption the power to lobby a lot of people will be reduced even for a sitting president, not to talk about a provincial governor it vice and the provincial representative in the National assembly.

I agree with you on this point....but you and I know our people.....You see those 5 states you mention...they are still made up of smaller tribes.
That is the time you now start having people from those different tribes pointing accusing fingers....

Take for example the Niger Delta now....it only looks united because there is a common enemy to fight, remove that common enemy and they will go back to fighting each other....Ijaw, Isekiri will now remember that they are enemies....Even in the west thats the time, the Ife and modakeke man will remember that they are enemies or the kunuri and fulani man........

For me I think we need reorientation in our value system and in our way of thinking.....otherwise we will keep dividing until each local
government stands alone and maybe each household..
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by FrankGiel: 3:48pm On Aug 24, 2017
erico2k2:

When you.challenge people you have to put them into perspective . You call people like me lazy . Let me.ask you what have you in person dome to improve human life in any capacity ? Look at me who is very lazy and you who is not lazy .U manage to get on a lazy bus to a lazy land and do a job people are too lazy to do.main while the likes of you generalise people of my extract as lazy and do not want to work . Go to Lagos . Don't you have same people who smoke all day and rob at night ? All over the world there are bound to B people who can't be bothered . Even here in the UK we have English men and women who can't be bothered to work . So that mean the English are Lazy going by your own self definition of LAZY ?
Smart Response... I hope u read my statement in context of the argument.. That is not to say that every one from the community is lazy, but a significant portion of indigenes who 'DWELL' in those communities are lazy.. On ur comparison with the UK, I agree that every part of the world has LAZY individuals.. But u can't compare the son of a rich man that refuses to work, to the son of a poor man that refuses to work.. They are both foolish, but one is more foolish..
Cheers bro
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by jpphilips(m): 3:51pm On Aug 24, 2017

Notice that in all the pictures, you didn't see a single oil dropping from a well head, so where did the oil come from? they cook, fry and milk crude oil in the creek yet someone comes to claim spill? you sincerely think oil companies spend billions of dollars in oil exploration to discharge it into the environment? hell no!! we know who open pipelines to cook Diesel.
The usual sensational crap, let me guess, how much do you guys want this time? imagine showing Bonga 2008 as a spill grin grin grin grin grin
This guys are hilarious, ok!! Bonga exports 250k barrels of crude oil daily at peak production it could get to 350k bbls, then guess what, a lunatic bombs off the export line, what happens to the oil, disappear?
When you think you are bombing Buhari, Nigeria has moved on, the effect of you deeds live with you forever!! Happy bombing!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by jpphilips(m): 3:54pm On Aug 24, 2017
Efewestern:

Tell FG to give the people what belongs to them, our land are been destroyed daily.

Which exactly belongs to you? the land, spill or the oil, which one?
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by jpphilips(m): 3:57pm On Aug 24, 2017
legislatively:
no one bombed pipelines in ogoni and ilaje, the federal government in conjunction with the oil companies refused to do clean-up.
The case is the same in most part of nigerdelta

grin grin grin grin
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by jpphilips(m): 3:59pm On Aug 24, 2017
Remimadrid:
is that all you can come up with?, are the youth the ones causing the spillage?

No, but it is the leaders that are giving the youths the weapon to destroy their own land by themselves, while blaming the federal government for the cause of their actions

The leaders install hot tap on crude lines for your Diesel cooking? the leaders formed the glorious Avengers bombing masters abi, enjoy it bro!!
Re: Photos Of Oil Spillage In Niger Delta Communities by jpphilips(m): 4:02pm On Aug 24, 2017
fratermathy:
Oil Spillage has become the sad reality of the Delta today. From the Western end of Ondo to the Eastern end of Akwa Ibom, oil spillage is a recurrent decimal.

In itself, oil spillage is not the problem because it can be cleaned and it is not unique to Nigeria. The problem, however, is the government's lack of interest in the plight of the poor fishermen and riverine dwellers of the Delta who have to face the reality of black oil on their land and waters. The oil companies pay little to no interest to these spills and even when monies are disbursed for cleanup, they end up on the stomach of the so-called Niger Delta leaders.

What about the militants that claim to fight for the rights of the people by blowing up pipes (and by extension causing more spillages)? Many of them have been bought off by the FG. The amount of money the FG spends to feed the ex-militants in a month is enough to clean up a large section of the oil spills in Urhobo/Isokoland. What are the militants doing about it now that their purses are full?

The blame for these spills goes to each and every one of us. To the government, for its negligence and blatant disregard for the welfare of its citizens who have to suffer the bitter taste of black crude, spilt over their water and land. To the Niger Delta leaders who eat the little money that may be used to satiate the plights of the jobless fishermen, farmers, and riverine dwellers who have nowhere to go. To the militants and agitators who use a genuine cause to enrich themselves at the detriment of the people they swore to fight for. To the average Nigerian who turns away from sordid images such as the ones on this thread; who rather pretends not to know what their fellow citizens are facing every day.

The Niger Delta is a mistreated and wealthy bride of Nigeria. She may not know her true worth now or have good leaders and agitators, but a day will come when the bride shall say enough is enough. When that day comes, Nigeria will stand still and see the evil its leaders and the oil companies have done against a once arable and ecologically rich region. No one, not even our closest neighbours, can help us. We alone have to break free of the chains we have allowed ourselves to be entrapped in.

Started well, ended miserably

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu: 'Like Jesus, I Am Tempted To Back Out Of Biafra Struggle' / Nweke Peter: Thugs Beat Man To Death At A Polling Unit In Ebonyi (Photo) / Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.