Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

"250-400 Words Stories From Front Page" - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "250-400 Words Stories From Front Page" (1952 Views)

Collection of short stories from my imagination / Stories From A Broken Mind / The chokolate series (short stories from Chidera Chokolate) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "250-400 Words Stories From Front Page" by piroux(f): 5:02pm On Aug 29, 2017
absoul:
Rat Attack

https://www.nairaland.com/4002919/president-buhari-working-home-renovations

*FP: August 22

LMAO.... cheesy

SheWrites:
THE VISITOR

Whew, saved by the bell.... cry
Some children aren't so lucky

Jazmiynne:
Hallelujah!

Inspired by: “How Much Salary Is Enough In This Economy”. FP/25thAug2017.

I really enjoyed this.
Re: "250-400 Words Stories From Front Page" by Jazmiynne: 5:04pm On Aug 29, 2017
piroux:

I really enjoyed this.

Thanks very much kiss kiss
Re: "250-400 Words Stories From Front Page" by Cmyname(m): 7:39pm On Aug 30, 2017
DANNY MY CHILD

Every year, I would come to ‘Later Generation Hall’ to watch him participate in the all secondary schools quiz and debate competition. The competition had multifarious sponsors yearly since start-ups took advantage of its popularity and acceptance to create awareness for their products. Scholarships were always offered along with consolation prizes to encourage the participants.

Today is no different when I saw him, his face brought joy within me. While some would want their sons to have their father’s resemblance, he had mine.

“Go Danny! Go with your group! We can’t wait to celebrate,” his schoolmates and teachers clapped and cheered them up as they took their seats.

He was always their group leader right from his first year to his current (last) year. Schools were allowed to cheer up their representatives in a well-organized way for few seconds when called on the stage.

A tear dropped down my cheek and I wished my husband had been alive to see how ignorant he was. He was deceived and he wouldn’t listen to my advice. He manipulated me because of my weakness to believe their accusations against our only child.

I had summoned courage this year to let him know who I am to him, however, it’s was a fearful thing to begin with. How would I start? Where would I start? How would he believe? Who would give me that opportunity to talk to him, considering the fact we had ‘lost’ him that moment my husband had accepted their lies as truth? She tried to ignore her thoughts but it kept coming. They had branded Danny, our only child a ‘witch’ at the age of 7.

“Oh poor child,” I let my tears flow freely.

I cleaned my tears and rehearsed what to tell him, irrespective of the outcome. “...They also told your father that his prosperity depends on you because you are tying him down. He would need to get rid of you soonest. I opposed, cried and fought helplessly like a chicken whose chick had been taken by her enemy. I became mentally unstable...” I tried to be truthful as far as I can remember.

Danny’s group performed brilliantly and topped the competition in both quiz and debate, receiving lots of prizes and scholarships. I became short of words to approach him when he went back to their school bus. Danny is now 16years old, he had grown with the ‘Goodwill’s Charity Home’ after they rescued him in the bush.

A hand tapped me from behind, I turned and heard one of the most shortest, simplest and yet difficult question to answer at that moment, at least for me.

“What brings you here?” He wore a strange face, and one could hardly say if he was happy or sad. It was Danny my son. My heartbeat quickened and my tongue became glued. I could literally beg for surgery to help loosen it.

40 minutes later, I felt a lump dissolving on my chest when I opened my eyes only to see Danny and a few others praying beside my hospital bed.

Before you brand that beautiful kid a ‘witch/wizard,’ think twice, you might have been deceived.
Re: "250-400 Words Stories From Front Page" by Cmyname(m): 8:51pm On Aug 30, 2017
Re: "250-400 Words Stories From Front Page" by cyberprince8(m): 5:12pm On Sep 23, 2017
Jazmiynne:
Hallelujah!
:

Congratulations Akin Ademola. We are pleased to inform you that you were successful at the interview process stage 3. The process for the final interview stage would be mailed to you shortly.”

Inspired by: “How Much Salary Is Enough In This Economy”. FP/25thAug2017.

Lmao so funny ... Nice one

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wrong Grammar On Bbc Website / The Arasaka Contract / Diary Of A University Girl Episode 4 (palaver)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.