Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,150 members, 7,807,499 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback) (22497 Views)

‘you’ll Only Be President Of Nigeria Union Of Road Transport Workers’ – Omokri / Defecting PDP Members Will Come Back On Empty Stomachs - Jonathan (Throwback) / The Goat Named Jonathan - Throwback Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback) by Blizzy9ja: 11:36am On Aug 23, 2017
PassingShot:

The fact is most of us Yorubas will prefer to leave separately from Hausas and Igbos. However, we're very realistic and pragmatic. We're no jesters and comic actors.
But if you are realistic and pragmatic enough like you have said, you will realise that the call for unity is alone in itself is an indication that something is fundamentally wrong with our togetherness... We don't hear One America, One Ghana. The truth is we are not one, the earlier you realise and accept this the better for you, I like to have a Yoruba or Hausa guy as a neighbour not a fellow citizen, I can manage the Igbo man, because at least we share a whole lot in common.
Re: Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback) by konoplyanka: 12:03pm On Aug 23, 2017
AreaFada2:

Well at least GEJ took a step towards making the Nigerian entity work better. He convened a National Conference so that Nigerians can discuss the way forward.
What has Buhari done so far?

He has brought more poverty, joblessness, lopsided Federal appointments, presidential absenteeism and 97% & 5%. Hardly stuff that unify a country.

how you failed to see the trick gej was trying to pull with that conference beggars belief.

by the way, those things you mentioned were the fall out of gejs reign.
Re: Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback) by konoplyanka: 12:07pm On Aug 23, 2017
Blizzy9ja:
But if you are realistic and pragmatic enough like you have said, you will realise that the call for unity is alone in itself is an indication that something is fundamentally wrong with our togetherness... We don't hear One America, One Ghana. The truth is we are not one, the earlier you realise and accept this the better for you, I like to have a Yoruba or Hausa guy as a neighbour not a fellow citizen, I can manage the Igbo man, because at least we share a whole lot in common.

yes there is one America slogan by way of " one nation under God ". that's there own way of saying it. I believe Ghana have their own too.

Yoruba are pragmatic, that's why we stay in our land. its clear enough we don't want to have anything to do with you. how I wish you guys can stay in your land too.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback) by konoplyanka: 12:11pm On Aug 23, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:

No the thread does not expose any hypocrisy. Forget the topic and read through the speech, you'd see that even though he said the nation's unity was non negotiable he placed emphasis on dialogue below:

Jonathan said: “Even as we remain resolute in our conviction that our union is non-negotiable, we must never be afraid to embrace dialogue and strengthen the basis of this most cherished union. A strong nation is not that which shies away from those difficult questions of its existence, but that which confronts such questions, and together provides answers to them in a way that guarantees fairness, justice and equity for all stakeholders.
“My call for the National Conference in this first year of our second century is to provide the platform to confront our challenges. I am confident that we shall rise from this conference with renewed courage and confidence to march through the next century and beyond, to overcome all obstacles on the path to the fulfillment of our globally acknowledged potential for greatness.”
Stressing that nation-building is not only for great leaders and elites, he said: “All Nigerians must be involved in this national endeavour. From the threads of our regional, ethnic and religious diversities we must continuously weave a vibrant collage of values that strengthen the Nigerian spirit.

It's different from a blatant threatening speech from a man who has done almost everything in the evil book to mentally and psychologically crush people who see things differently from him. Buhari is simply shying away from the problem of our diversity instead of find a way to unite sparing factions.

When Buhari threatened the peace of the nation after loosing in 2011, GEJ didn't arrest him cos he understood that doing that would further destroy the little peace in the country after the elections. Buhari did the opposite with Nnamdi Kanu and the result is staring us in the face

how did buhari threaten the peace of the nation?
Re: Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback) by jpphilips(m): 12:29pm On Aug 23, 2017
linusbnn:

I have one question to ask you and I need just one word as an answer. Is unity by force?.

unity with who? are we united with Kanu and his IPOB? kanu should show me his tax clearance certificate for the last 3yrs, where is his british passport? kanu should shut up when nigerians are talking!!
Re: Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback) by Blizzy9ja: 12:33pm On Aug 23, 2017
konoplyanka:

yes there is one America slogan by way of " one nation under God ". that's there own way of saying it. I believe Ghana have their own too.

Yoruba are pragmatic, that's why we stay in our land. its clear enough we don't want to have anything to do with you. how I wish you guys can stay in your land too.
You will always have an excuse, by the way i don't leave the Niger Delta, our land flows with milk and honey and it is the envy of the other region...
Re: Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback) by Yusman316(m): 1:04pm On Aug 23, 2017
Esseite:
Thought the minions claimed the agitations started during buhari's reign?

Jonathan made the statement but went ahead with a national conference in 2014, same year he made the statement... that my friend is the difference between leaders and rulers
The conference report came out before he left office, why didn't he implement it?
Re: Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback) by Eluwilussit(m): 1:20pm On Aug 23, 2017
donprinyo:
Nigeria unity is non negotiable. Is just a part of de statement. Read de full article to understand de message

True. Surprisingly most of the people commenting either don't understand the post or chose to be hypocritical. cry
Re: Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback) by AreaFada2: 1:33pm On Aug 23, 2017
konoplyanka:

how you failed to see the trick gej was trying to pull with that conference beggars belief.

by the way, those things you mentioned were the fall out of gejs reign.

Lol. GEJ caused all of Nigeria's problem since 1914. grin cheesy
Shame on you guys. A bunch of bigots. All the dictators and looters since 1966 left Nigeria similar to Singapore before Jonathan came, bah? shocked shocked shocked
Heck, before GEJ, Nigeria could not even boast largest economy in Africa, each state could not boast a Fed university, railway had been dead since early 1990.

You wanted power, now you have it but cannot use it.

Was it not to fix the so called issue caused by GEJ that APC campaigned and was voted into power?

See me see wahala o.

Now APC have realised that to make outrageous promises & to deliver are too different things, they keep going back to blame game. Shame. Serious shame on zombies.

Because you lot have evil mind, you only saw evil in all GEJ did or tried to do. What is wrong in telling Nigerians to meet to decide the way forward?
GEJ had far less than a year to implement Confab result. Which we know would still be hindered by NASS. But at least he made a good effort.
Re: Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 23, 2017
konoplyanka:

how did buhari threaten the peace of the nation?
Google "the dog and the baboon will be soaked in blood- Buhari 2012"
Re: Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback) by Adminisher: 2:03pm On Aug 23, 2017
Blizzy9ja:

Wrong.
There was no call for One Nigeria before the civil war.
One Nigeria call shows sensitivity to that history not that we were forced into a union.
All tribes in Nigeria flavoured for a united independent Nigeria together. There was no clamour for Bisfra at independence. People are just being cowardly, childish and immature because Goodluck Jonathan was booted out.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback) by Ngozi123(f): 2:03pm On Aug 23, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu and his group were anti-Jonathan before the 2015 elections so I'm not sure what all the fuss is all about . Buhari putting Kanu in jail is what got him nationwide attention and was part of the reason why he became so popular amongst Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback) by konoplyanka: 2:16pm On Aug 23, 2017
AreaFada2:

Lol. GEJ caused all of Nigeria's problem since 1914. grin cheesy
Shame on you guys. A bunch of bigots. All the dictators and looters since 1966 left Nigeria similar to Singapore before Jonathan came, bah? shocked shocked shocked
Heck, before GEJ, Nigeria could not even boast largest economy in Africa, each state could not boast a Fed university, railway had been dead since early 1990.

You wanted power, now you have it but cannot use it.

Was it not to fix the so called issue caused by GEJ that APC campaigned and was voted into power?

See me see wahala o.

Now APC have realised that to make outrageous promises & to deliver are too different things, they keep going back to blame game. Shame. Serious shame on zombies.

Because you lot have evil mind, you only saw evil in all GEJ did or tried to do. What is wrong in telling Nigerians to meet to decide the way forward?
GEJ had far less than a year to implement Confab result. Which we know would still be hindered by NASS. But at least he made a good effort.

the joke is on you ethno-religious bigot. you made it look like buhari caused all the problems that's why I responded to you. Nigeria was borrowing to pay salaries under Jonathan. so shove your epistles down your anus.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback) by tuniski: 2:16pm On Aug 23, 2017
0b100100111:

You said it all!

Some people just don't want to recover from there repetitive political blunders which has caused them being marginalised over the years.

3years ago, they thought GEJ was for them only to be shocked at the dying minute that they had lost all and spontaneously diverted there pain to an agitation for secession.

It's a constant that if they continue to play politics of hate and ethno-religion, they still be where they re in 50years time and will still be agitating at same time!

They have failed to rise from there woes and failures!
The hausa/fulani are the champions of Ethno-religious politics and domination!
Re: Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback) by konoplyanka: 2:24pm On Aug 23, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:

Google "the dog and the baboon will be soaked in blood- Buhari 2012"

lol. here they go again. it is an Hausa phrase which simply means the election is going to be a tough race between the two contestants. quit your PDP cum ipob propaganda.

the fact that you believed it raise a question about your intellect.
Re: Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 23, 2017
Yusman316:

The conference report came out before he left office, why didn't he implement it?

The same reason he didnt implement reducing the presidents rights and control just before he left office.

He is leaving, it is only wise for him not to take drastic decision few weeks to his leaving..
Re: Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback) by AreaFada2: 2:37pm On Aug 23, 2017
konoplyanka:

the joke is on you ethno-religious bigot. you made it look like buhari caused all the problems that's why I responded to you. Nigeria was borrowing to pay salaries under Jonathan. so shove your epistles down your anus.
Another from the tribe forming respectful, cultured, educated and sophisticated. shocked shocked
Keep following your Fulani masters.

Yes, Buhari is part of our problems, past & present. He has now been in the 5th govt government in Nigeria. Murtala Mohamed's, OBJ's, Abacha's and his own govt now.

You kiddies hear stories, but do not learn from history.

Buhari overthrew our nascent democracy in 1983.

Now, let reasonable people imagine the evolution our democracy would have achieved over the past 34 years. As someone who lived through Shagari govt, it was 10 times better than Buhari's current one. The so called corruption was a child's play compared to current Buhari's one that cannot equip even Aso Rock clinic.

Enjoy the recession, it will have no effect on me or my generations. I am far from it.
Re: Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback) by ItsMeAboki(m): 2:38pm On Aug 23, 2017
Jonathan not only said Nigeria's unity was non - negotiable, he also added that the amalgamation was ordained by God.
Here is the link; let the Pigdiots deny it.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/152255-nigerias-amalgamation-ordained-god-jonathan.html
Re: Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback) by konoplyanka: 2:43pm On Aug 23, 2017
AreaFada2:

Another from the tribe forming respectful, cultured, educated and sophisticated. shocked shocked
Keep following your Fulani masters.

Yes, Buhari is part of our problems, past & present. He has now been in the 5th govt government in Nigeria. Murtala Mohamed's, OBJ's, Abacha's and his own govt now.

You kiddies hear stories, but do not learn from history.

Buhari overthrew our nascent democracy in 1983.

Now, let reasonable people imagine the evolution our democracy would have achieved over the past 34 years. As someone who lived through Shagari govt, it was 10 times better than Buhari's current one. The so called corruption was a child's play compared to current Buhari's one that cannot equip even Aso Rock clinic.

Enjoy the recession, it will have no effect on me or my generations. I am far from it.

choke on your hate bro. I gat no time for OSU slaves.
Re: Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback) by AreaFada2: 2:49pm On Aug 23, 2017
konoplyanka:

choke on your hate bro. I gat no time for OSU slaves.
I now respect Igbo.

Anyone with sense is now Osu? cheesy grin grin grin
It shows they really make more sense. Something masters of bigotry & betrayal hate with a passion. cheesy grin

You guys are already choking on Buhari induced poverty and hatred of Jonathan, a man who is now the unit of measuring political maturity, booming economy, rule of law, humility and fighting corruption without killing the economy.
Re: Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback) by konoplyanka: 2:58pm On Aug 23, 2017
AreaFada2:
I now respect Igbo.

Anyone with sense is now Osu? cheesy grin grin grin
It shows they really make more sense. Something masters of bigotry & betrayal hate with a passion. cheesy grin

You guys are already choking on Buhari induced poverty and hatred of Jonathan, a man who is now the unit of measuring political maturity, booming economy, rule of law, humility and fighting corruption with killing the economy.

I pray God to heal you if your self destructing hate.

please enough of the mentions.
Re: Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback) by Blizzy9ja: 3:13pm On Aug 23, 2017
Adminisher:

Wrong.
There was no call for One Nigeria before the civil war.
One Nigeria call shows sensitivity to that history not that we were forced into a union.
All tribes in Nigeria flavoured for a united independent Nigeria together. There was no clamour for Bisfra at independence. People are just being cowardly, childish and immature because Goodluck Jonathan was booted out.
After all these years can you really look back and say Nigeria is One?... What exactly is it that unites us apart from the oil in the Niger Delta? It is not about GEJ it is about equity, justice and fairness
Re: Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback) by Kingspin(m): 4:22pm On Aug 23, 2017
0b100100111:

You said it all!

Some people just don't want to recover from there repetitive political blunders which has caused them being marginalised over the years.

3years ago, they thought GEJ was for them only to be shocked at the dying minute that they had lost all and spontaneously diverted there pain to an agitation for secession.

It's a constant that if they continue to play politics of hate and ethno-religion, they still be where they re in 50years time and will still be agitating at same time!

They have failed to rise from there woes and failures!
Don't be faster than your brain. Non negotiable term have never been supported by the East. Next time try to recognize the voice of the people from that of the politicians. The much talk about succession from the East is companion by section of the people not from politician quarter. Anyway, restructuring must happen before any meaningful thing happen in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback) by Kingspin(m): 4:32pm On Aug 23, 2017
PassingShot:
No president worth his salt will say the unity of the country he presides over is negotiable.

The world over, a group of people who wants to secede will go through either of two options:

1. Referendum: This is only applicable if there is provision for such in the constitution. Unfortunately for all of us, our constitution doesn't provide for it which means no president has that privilege to allow it else he'd be committing an impeachable offence. To take this route, the group wishing to secede MUST first work to get the constitution amended through the NASS. And if GEJ from SS region couldn't work for that amendment, it's foolish to expect a president from any other region to work for it.

2. Violence: This unfortunately is the only other option. We all know what comes with it are death, destruction, sorrow, hunger and many other humanitarian crisis. If you didn't witness the civil war of 1966, and you were too young to see what happened in Liberia, Somalia, Rwanda and many other African countries, you're surely seeing what is happening in Syria, Central African Republic, DRC and many others.

So, PMB is right to have said it unequivocally that Nigeria's unity is not negotiable just as those before him were right in saying so.

The earlier the Chief Idiot and Pig of Biafra (Terrorist Kanu) and his fellow idiots and pigs realized this and be guided, the better for all of us.
Is not by talking pig or idiot, the country Nigeria will have peace if they desire and work for peace. Else it will continue to burn for ever and keep bringing sleepless night for everyone in Nigeria. Since 1960 Nigeria have go and gone that path yet no peace.The sense to get Nigeria together is by equity, rights and freedom for all.
Re: Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback) by jamjo: 4:59pm On Aug 23, 2017
PassingShot:
No president worth his salt will say the unity of the country he presides over is negotiable.

The world over, a group of people who wants to secede will go through either of two options:

1. Referendum: This is only applicable if there is provision for such in the constitution. Unfortunately for all of us, our constitution doesn't provide for it which means no president has that privilege to allow it else he'd be committing an impeachable offence. To take this route, the group wishing to secede MUST first work to get the constitution amended through the NASS. And if GEJ from SS region couldn't work for that amendment, it's foolish to expect a president from any other region to work for it.

2. Violence: This unfortunately is the only other option. We all know what comes with it are death, destruction, sorrow, hunger and many other humanitarian crisis. If you didn't witness the civil war of 1966, and you were too young to see what happened in Liberia, Somalia, Rwanda and many other African countries, you're surely seeing what is happening in Syria, Central African Republic, DRC and many others.

So, PMB is right to have said it unequivocally that Nigeria's unity is not negotiable just as those before him were right in saying so.

The earlier the Chief Idiot and Pig of Biafra (Terrorist Kanu) and his fellow idiots and pigs realized this and be guided, the better for all of us.

Nigeria as a country may not be negotiable but the way we citizens will go about living in it is negotiable.
Re: Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback) by pazienza(m): 5:16pm On Aug 23, 2017
Time will tell. At a point in history , the Yugoslavia union was also non negotiable, likewise USSR. Nothing is impossible for a united and determined set of people.

Meanwhile, the Igbo nation demand for Biafra precedes this GEJ statement.

https://www.nairaland.com/956515/16-massob-members-killed-83/5#59547374

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 23, 2017
konoplyanka:

lol. here they go again. it is an Hausa phrase which simply means the election is going to be a tough race between the two contestants. quit your PDP cum ipob propaganda.

the fact that you believed it raise a question about your intellect.
You could see why people get abused on-lineYour last paragraph passes you off as a typical online E-warrior looking for people to pick up fights with. Your high intellect should have told you that the message could have been passed simply without useless sarcasm.

I have no business with you
Re: Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback) by linusbnn(m): 7:35pm On Aug 23, 2017
jpphilips:

unity with who? are we united with Kanu and his IPOB? kanu should show me his tax clearance certificate for the last 3yrs, where is his british passport? kanu should shut up when nigerians are talking!!

What is your problem with Kanu?. You re just shouting kanu and tax clearance,when did you start paying tax or like if you have an opportunity not to pay or short pay your tax,you will not do it. My question to you again is "Is unity by force?".
Re: Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback) by jpphilips(m): 9:02am On Aug 24, 2017
linusbnn:

What is your problem with Kanu?. You re just shouting kanu and tax clearance,when did you start paying tax or like if you have an opportunity not to pay or short pay your tax,you will not do it. My question to you again is "Is unity by force?".

Obviously the Umuahia born nematode doesn't pay his tax, so what qualifies him a citizen while wielding a red passport?
Re: Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback) by jpphilips(m): 9:05am On Aug 24, 2017
pazienza:
Time will tell. At a point in history , the Yugoslavia union was also non negotiable, likewise USSR. Nothing is impossible for a united and determined set of people.

Meanwhile, the Igbo nation demand for Biafra precedes this GEJ statement.

https://www.nairaland.com/956515/16-massob-members-killed-83/5#59547374

I like it when you guys mention countries you barely understand their struggle, let me ask you, do you think Yugoslavia got independence by importing a lunatic from London, wore kippa, gallivanting the whole region on solidarity visits?
You want to achieve what the yougs achieved yet you have been f00ling around, get to work, there is no time, 2019 is around the corner, get the damn biafra and give us peace.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback) by linusbnn(m): 5:46pm On Aug 24, 2017
jpphilips:

Obviously the Umuahia born nematode doesn't pay his tax, so what qualifies him a citizen while wielding a red passport?

Do you work with FIRS?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Recruitment Crisis: Ig’s Fight With Police Commission Gets Messier / Buhari’s Govt Is Shameless For Talking About 2019 — Junaid Mohammed / Another $202m Missing From NIA Coffers – Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.