Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,810 members, 7,806,272 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

The Incompetence Of Mercy Johnson:politics Vs Culture. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Incompetence Of Mercy Johnson:politics Vs Culture. (814 Views)

Court Summons Five Persons For Defamation Of Mercy Chinwo As Ibeh Apologises / Patience Ozokwor Moved To Tears As Mercy Johnson Presents Generous Gifts to her / Bedroom Photo Of Mercy Johnson And Her Husband, As She Lies On Top Of Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Incompetence Of Mercy Johnson:politics Vs Culture. by azimibraun: 6:13am On Aug 23, 2017
I would like to start by saying my two closest friends are not from the same ethnic group and religion as me, yet I love them to death and I am very confident the extent they will stand by me no matter the situation. That said, I wish to say am neither a tribalist nor a bigot. The Igala people of Kogi state are quite known and popular in the country, within the Igala nationality, you will find several dialects that really don't have much significance in our dealings with each other. The position of the Attah Igala( The Paramount Traditional Ruler) of the Igala race is often subtly contested but never seriously. Some think he should be called Attah Idah, while the vast Majority are just not bothered about the status quo. But it lies somewhere t in the minds of Igalas. The one thing that unites the Igalas and is not contestable aside other Variables by anyone or group of persons is the story of Inikpi Oma Ufedo Attah. The legendary Igala Princess buried alive with some slaves to save the Igala kingdom from the defeats of war. Now the story has never been fully told and with the absence of the social media over the years until recently, every igala child got his or her own version from what and how their parents or seniors knew and transferd to them. The true story about Inikpi is not told yet and that is what unified the Igala race from time immemorial. An alteration of that story could spell doom for the igala race. The position of the throne could come into question and anarchy might be let loose. We want the Inikpi story properly told at the appropriate time by Igala sons and daughters with no intentions of making any form of gains, financial or Political from it. The Governor of Kogi state Mr Yahaya Bello, an Ebira Man is financing Mercy Johnson an Ebira Woman to do an Igala cultural project. Sounds nice when you hear it but how does it sound When you realise it is being done for political gains, not minding how much damage they will leave behind altering the "True Story" that is not even told yet? The Ebira people have a very vibrant and old culture of Weaving and have had clothes weaved in Ebira land sold across Africa. One would think this is an opportunity for two prominent Ebira people to show case the culture of their people coupled with the fact that, the ebiras have taken more interest in movie production than any other ethnic group in kogi state. Mercy Johnson is not competent to produce a movie on Inikpi, no matter the facts she thinks she has gathered. She should have a comparative advantage on Ebira history more. She is an Actress not an Historian or an Anthropologist. Mr Bello can use other means to win a second term but certainly not by re writing the history of the Igala people. I call on all Igalas to resist this misnomer. It is most unfair and a callous thing to do. Get it wrong if you like I don't care. Mercy can act in an igala film and be paid as a professional but she is not competent to write the igala story. This is basically a write up for Igalas and Ebiras. Politician don't care about what we think they just do what they want.
Re: The Incompetence Of Mercy Johnson:politics Vs Culture. by ibkkk(f): 6:36am On Aug 23, 2017
Re: The Incompetence Of Mercy Johnson:politics Vs Culture. by OrdercityWeb: 6:49am On Aug 23, 2017
Re: The Incompetence Of Mercy Johnson:politics Vs Culture. by nuelzy: 9:46am On Aug 23, 2017
i would have equally left a dot like my people above..

bt lemme say this...
i think u re overly being smart... u feel u have something to contribute...bt no opportunity to do so..

i believe if mercy wants all the condiments needed for the story...she could get that from reputable elders who knows everything about the princess... mercy's part is to write it down nd produce...

i believe i must have made some sense... so now take this ...

(.) ..my own dot !!!

2 Likes

Re: The Incompetence Of Mercy Johnson:politics Vs Culture. by azeeza(f): 10:55am On Aug 23, 2017
you said it all, case closed
nuelzy:
i would have equally left a dot like my people above..

bt lemme say this...
i think u re overly being smart... u feel u have something to contribute...bt no opportunity to do so..

i believe if mercy wants all the condiments needed for the story...she could get that from reputable elders who knows everything about the princess... mercy's part is to write it down nd produce...

i believe i must have made some sense... so now take this ...

(.) ..my own dot !!!
Re: The Incompetence Of Mercy Johnson:politics Vs Culture. by mimiejacobz(f): 11:06am On Aug 23, 2017
who told u she's writing d story, she's just a figure head and if mercy can play Igbo, Yoruba n foreign roles in movies perfectly what's in the igala culture DT will b difficult for her to translate?u guyz just like involving tribalism in every issue, in fact every tribe should have their own country self,so we'll just rest from all this tribal nonsense, mtcheew

2 Likes

Re: The Incompetence Of Mercy Johnson:politics Vs Culture. by aolawale025: 11:35am On Aug 23, 2017
As far as kogi is concerned. Just look at whatever the governor is doing. That says it all

(1) (Reply)

Kylie Jenner Describes Her Bare Breast Photo As Her Ever First Unclad Photoshoot / Mayourkun: Girls Who Know People Are Only Good For "Kpansh" / Blac Chyna And Amber Rose Are Bff Goals In These Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.