Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce (8905 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery / Benny Hinn & Pat Robertson, The False Prophets Of The U.S 2012 Election / Benny Hinn And His Wife Get Back Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by aloyemeka2: 3:24am On Feb 19, 2010
[size=16pt]Wife of prosperity gospel televangelist Benny Hinn files for divorce in California[/size]

FILE - This Jan. 11, 2002 picture shows evangelist Benny Hinn during a service at the Blaisdell Concert Hall in Honolulu, Hawaii. His wife, Suzanne Hinn, filed divorce papers in Orange County Superior Court on Feb. 1, 2010 citing irreconcilable differences. The couple has been married for more than 30 years. (AP Photo/Ronen Zilberman) (Ronen Zilberman, AP / January 11, 2002)

ORANGE, Calif. (AP) — The wife of televangelist Benny Hinn has filed for divorce from the high-profile pastor, whose reputation as an advocate of prosperity gospel has attracted millions of followers and criticism from lawmakers and watchdog groups over his lavish lifestyle.

Suzanne Hinn filed the papers in Orange County Superior Court on Feb. 1, citing irreconcilable differences, after more than 30 years of marriage. The papers note the two separated on Jan. 26 and that Hinn has been living in Dana Point, a wealthy coastal community in southern Orange County.

"Pastor Benny Hinn and his immediate family were shocked and saddened to learn of this news without any previous notice," Benny Hinn Ministries said Thursday in a statement. "Although Pastor Hinn has faithfully endeavored to bring healing to their relationship, those efforts failed and were met with the petition for divorce that was filed without notice."

Hinn is one of the best known advocates of the prosperity gospel, which teaches that Christians who are right with God will be rewarded with wealth and health in this lifetime.

His TV broadcasts on the Trinity Broadcast Network, a Pentecostal broadcasting juggernaut, and other TV networks are seen by millions of people around the world nearly every day. He travels the globe in his ministry's plane, named Dove One, holding events he calls "Miracle Crusades" that include spiritual healings.

Hinn has never fully publicly disclosed how he spends the money he raises, but his vast ministry is believed to be a multimillion-dollar operation. There was no mention of finances in the court filing, which listed three recent Southern California addresses for the family.

Over the years, Hinn has been the target of intense criticism from fellow Christians and watchdog groups who call his teachings false and accuse him of raising money only to enrich himself.

He is one of six televangelists under investigation by Sen. Charles Grassley, the Iowa Republican on the Senate Banking Committee, over whether he complied with IRS rules for nonprofits. Hinn has said on his Web site that external auditors ensure his compliance with IRS regulations and that in 2008, 88 percent of the money he collected was spent on ministry.

Benny Hinn Ministries is based in Grapevine, Texas, and operates a church and television studio in Aliso Viejo in California's Orange County, according to its Web site.

Sorrell Trope, the attorney with the law firm representing Suzanne Hinn, did not return a call for comment. A woman at his office said the firm does not comment on divorce filings without the client's approval.

J. Lee Grady, contributing editor of Charisma, a news magazine on the Pentecostal community, said Hinn's divorce is the latest in a string of high-profile ministry divorces and moral failures among the Pentecostal leaders, beginning with Ted Haggard's fall from grace in 2006.

Haggard, who is married and has five children, admitted to receiving a massage from a male prostitute and buying drugs from him, but denied allegations he paid the man for sex.

Grady said in an e-mail Thursday that Hinn's followers will want an explanation for the divorce because of the high profile the couple had.

"It will be devastating to the people who have supported Benny Hinn's evangelistic work around the world," Grady said.

"Obviously because their ministry has been very public, they will need to issue a statement to their supporters to explain how this happened," he said.

____

Associated Press Religion Writer Rachel Zoll in New York contributed to this report.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-us-televangelist-divorce,0,2770235.story
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by Mudley313: 4:41am On Feb 19, 2010
"Pastor Benny Hinn and his immediate family were shocked and saddened to learn of this news without any previous notice,"

see man wen dey claim to speak directly wit god. god nor fit tell am

holding events he calls "Miracle Crusades" that include spiritual healings

apparently he couldn't apply his spiritual healing powers to his own marriage
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by Nobody: 6:27am On Feb 19, 2010
Mudley313:

see man wen dey claim to speak directly wit god. god nor fit tell am

apparently he couldn't apply his spiritual healing powers to his own marriage
Things happen at times which re beyond man.God use such to show his superiority over man.God is all knowing&allows ministers to know alittle above average.Else they will claim divinity&equality with God
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by Joagbaje(m): 6:56am On Feb 19, 2010
People once alleged falsely that pastor Chris divorced his wife too, But If this one is verified to be true,we should pray for him, It is an attack of the enemy.He is a great man of God.
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by Annunaki(m): 7:09am On Feb 19, 2010
Pastor chris is too smart to publicly divorce his wife, he just quietly got seperated from her using the "ministry" as a cover.
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by Tudor6(f): 7:17am On Feb 19, 2010
Foolish barawo. . .why couldn't he heal his marriage?. . .moro.n
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by woye77: 8:35am On Feb 19, 2010
this is a sad news for this great man of God cry
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 19, 2010
John Wesley was a great man of God but his wife was not even born again; up to the extent that after preaching his wife will start saying bad words to the congregation against him. We just have to pray for him that more of God's grace be deposited in his life. Temptations and Persecutions must come. He is a great man of God.
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by Tonyet1(m): 10:40am On Feb 19, 2010
They put up the form of godliness but they deny the power therof- 1Tim.3:5

*shakes head in pity*
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by mrmayor(m): 11:39am On Feb 19, 2010
ha ha ha , cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy laff wan kill me o! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy, I dey laff in tougues, prosperity tongues, grin grin grin okokobioko, wetin i dey hear so, no vex wetin i dey read so. na wah o! All singing, white suit wearing, private jet flying, tithe collecting holy man no fit heal im own house! God na wetin him do, way you come give am disgrace like this!

If na me divorce now, dem go say na because God no dey my home, now na God best friend dey divorce. shocked shocked shocked shocked,
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by mrmayor(m): 11:55am On Feb 19, 2010
 Healer, Heal Thyself

Benny Hinn is no stranger to mishap and sickness, yet he preaches that those who truly have "faith" will have no need of money and will be without sickness.  Since Hinn boasts of having a superior "anointing" and even claimed to be "a little messiah" [/b]and [b]"a little god", why is it that he cannot heal himself or his family?

[size=8pt]  Two cases in point.[/size]

The (airplane) accident occurred in Avon Park, Fla. (south of Orlando) on (Thursday morning) May 26, 1983, at approximately 12:35 a.m. Hinn, along with his wife, Suzanne, a pilot and co-pilot, and two other passengers were returning to Orlando from a religious service held Wednesday evening in Naples.

Approximately 20 minutes from Orlando, the aircraft experienced power loss due to "fuel starvation." ( Hinn Did Pray Like Adeboye) The pilot turned the plane around and attempted to land at the nearest available airport, Avon Park Municipal Airport. Due to the loss of power the aircraft hit several trees during its landing approach and crashed into a field about 200-300 yards short of the runway. The plane had flipped over from impact, lying on its topside.

The Orlando Sentinel newspaper reported all six occupants were injured and admitted to the hospital.  Five remained in the hospital for treatments. The Avon Park News Sun reported the following information on Hill:

"Hinnl was the most seriously injured person in the crash, having to be transported to Florida Hospital in Orlando for plastic surgery. ..( No wonder Hinn be Fine Bros). Reports have it that Hill suffered serious injuries to the head in the accident.  He was never admitted to Walker Memorial Hospital as were the other passengers, as he was transferred almost immediately. ,  The Hinns were transferred from Walker Memorial to Florida Hospital so they could be closer to their homes."

The Avon Park paper also reported Hinn "said he was in a state of shock" and that he said "It will be the last time I will ever fly in one of these (single engine airplane) again ( I no blame my guy jare)." Hinn did not report any miracles at the scene, neither did the newspapers, sheriff, other victims or witnesses to the crash.  The Florida Hospital in Orlando confirmed the admission and stay of both Hinn and his wife, Suzanne.  Their records show both were admitted on May 26, 1983, with Benny released on May 28 and Suzanne on May 29. (SOURCE: The Confusing World Of Benny Hinn, Fisher & Goedelman, pg. 60, emphasis ours)

Another fact to take into account is that Suzanne Hinn [/b]has been reported to have been suffering from [b]mental problems for a number of years and has been on medications. ( Sista Divorce the Baga,take half of everything,Can you Imagine no healing from my hussy, even with 30 years of giving him [b]p*unani [/b] I have this on authority from some private sources.  You can also see evidence of this from her behavior captured on videos, especially the now infamous "Holy Ghost enema" rant.  She was also arrested for shoplifting in South Africa.

“Prosecutor Brandon Lawrence told the Cape Times that although he believed he had a strong case against Penny Hinn, he had dropped the serious charges because the court roll was full. . . The Benny Hinn Ministries in Florida, US, yesterday at first declined to comment on the matter, preferring instead to answer questions in writing. However, when pressed further a woman at the ministry… said pastor Hinn was married to Suzanne. This is the name Hinn says she uses in the US. He [the prosecutor] had earlier considered sending her for psychiatric evaluation. Hinn, who describes herself as a religious person, was arrested at Edgars Store in Adderley Street on December 4 and released on R1,000 bail for allegedly stealing two sets of ladies pajamas.” (sic) (Source: The Cape Times, Cape Town South Africa. Article from Court Reporter, Motshidisi Mokwena)

At the end of (the Godstuff) clip she is shouting and making gestures like a charging bull, charging across the platform back and forth and then sliding to a stop on her belly across the floor. She remained there apparently "slain in the spirit" for several minutes as Hinn's Assistant Pastor explained to visitors of the Orlando Christian Center what this strange behavior was supposedly about. (Video Source: Comedy Central, The Daily Show: Godstuff,28.8K Clip, 56k Clip)

That she suffers from mental problems is without doubt.  Is she also suffering demonic episodes?  You have to wonder. In either case, no healing has come miraculously for the Hinns through Benny.  I thought Hinn was the "man of faith"!

Hinn also prophesied in a crusade in Hawaii in 1997 that the Lord told him he would live to be 96 years old.  Only time will tell, but judging from the untimely deaths of most faith healers it is highly doubtful he will last that long.  If Hinn cannot heal himself and his wife, what makes him expect he can live long enough to heal anyone else?

Still laffing tongues grin grin grin grin grin grin

http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/healthyself.html
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 19, 2010
mrmayor:

If na me (a non-Christian) divorce now, dem go say na because God no dey my home

true sha.

I dont know what's going on.

Perhaps Benny Hinn should have retired before it came to this.

A 30 year marriage- where's the wife planning to go at this stage?
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by KunleOshob(m): 3:28pm On Feb 19, 2010
tpia.:

true sha.

I dont know what's going on.

Perhaps Benny Hinn should have retired before it came to this.

A 30 year marriage- where's the wife planning to go at this stage?
Obviously she would collect her own share of the loot via halimony! lipsrsealed
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by Ganjaseed: 4:15pm On Feb 19, 2010
She wants to collect her own share of the whoop million raised daily by her husband to enjoy herself.
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by scottN(m): 4:26pm On Feb 19, 2010
I guess Elin Nordegren has shown them the way lipsrsealed
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by Joagbaje(m): 4:51pm On Feb 19, 2010
KunleOshob:

1 Cor. 13:6
  Love Rejoiceth not in iniquity,
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by Ibime(m): 10:57pm On Feb 19, 2010
Im not surprised. . . Benny Hinn has always struck me as a charlatan. . . of all these pastors today, I only listen to the likes of Andrew Wommack and David Pawson. . . the rest of them just seem to be in[i] "church business"[/i]

KunleOshob:

I hope no be pesin tithe money dem dey use pay alimony sha!  lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by mazaje(m): 11:11pm On Feb 19, 2010
Joagbaje:

People once alleged falsely that pastor Chris divorced his wife too, But If this one is verified to be true,we should pray for him, [b]It is an attack of the enemy.[/b]He is a great man of God.

This Benny Hinn wannabe is completely gone. . .Attack of the enemy eh?. . . . . grin grin grin. . . . .
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by Zodiac61(m): 12:48am On Feb 20, 2010
Joagbaje:

People once alleged falsely that pastor Chris divorced his wife too,  But If this one is verified to be true,we should pray for him, It is an attack of the enemy.He is a great man of God.
What enemy? Get real, we are responsible for our own actions. If his marriage is falling apart, surely, he is partly responsible, not god, not satan and definitely not an enemy. Why are the religious unable to see that their heroes have feet of clay?
In Hinn's case, it is no surprise that his marriage is breaking down, the man is a supercilious prick. Only surprise is that the woman remained with him so long. I hope she takes the fool for every penny he stole from his followers has.
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by aloyemeka2: 2:09am On Feb 20, 2010
Annunaki:

Pastor chris is too smart to publicly divorce his wife, he just quietly got seperated from her using the "ministry" as a cover.

Be careful on what you say about the anointed men of God. Destruction may visit you.
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by Annunaki(m): 7:04am On Feb 20, 2010
@aloy
It is you that destruction would visit angry who told you the scammer is annointed?
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by Mudley313: 7:59am On Feb 20, 2010
Posted by: mrmayor

Another fact to take into account is that Suzanne Hinn has been reported to have been suffering from mental problems for a number of years and has been on medications.

seeing the video below i dont doubt this claim

[center][flash=420,320]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/hDJU_NZFtZc[/flash][/center]
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by mazaje(m): 8:43am On Feb 20, 2010
^^

This woman is truly crazy. . . . . .
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by verycute: 12:30pm On Feb 20, 2010
Annunaki , I know u as a foolish catholic and for you and Kunle to be making hateful comments is unfortunate. A magazine in Lagos that wrote about pastor Chris divorcing the wife is now out of circulation. You people should mind how you talk. Shame will be on all of you if Pastor Benny finally settle this and come back together again as husband and wife. What is the matter with you people. As a christian, you should pray for Pastor Benny and whatever the enemy (Satan) want to do, will not work. This is how Christians behave. Paul the greatest apostle had a wound until his death, so because he healed others and could not heal himself, that disqualified him as a man of God. Kunle be careful and repent and let God forgive you. Those who killed Jesus were so passionate like you and they thought they were right. , There is a way that seemed right to a man so says the bible. IT CAN HAPPEN TO ANY CHRISTIAN. Pastor Chris and Anita are not separated, they are always together if you should know. I PRAY THAT GOD WILL HEAL PASTOR BENNY IN THIS TRYING TIME OF HIS MINISTRY. ,
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by aloyemeka2: 2:20pm On Feb 20, 2010
verycute:

Annunaki , I know u as a foolish catholic and for you and Kunle to be making hateful comments is unfortunate. A magazine in Lagos that wrote about pastor Chris divorcing the wife is now out of circulation. You people should mind how you talk. Shame will be on all of you if Pastor Benny finally settle this and come back together again as husband and wife. What is the matter with you people. As a christian, you should pray for Pastor Benny and whatever the enemy (Satan) want to do, will not work. This is how Christians behave. Paul the greatest apostle had a wound until his death, so because he healed others and could not heal himself, that disqualified him as a man of God. Kunle be careful and repent and let God forgive you. Those who killed Jesus were so passionate like you and they thought they were right.  , There is a way that seemed right to a man so says the bible. IT CAN HAPPEN TO ANY CHRISTIAN. Pastor Chris and Anita are not separated, they are always together if you should know. I PRAY THAT GOD WILL HEAL PASTOR BENNY IN THIS TRYING TIME OF HIS MINISTRY. ,

And that is Anunaki's making because? undecided undecided
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by GEW: 2:42pm On Feb 20, 2010
Joagbaje:

1 Cor. 13:6
  Love Rejoiceth not in iniquity,

the word love and brotherly compassion is not in saint kunle's bible. the english say "there goes i but for the grace of God". kunle is in a world where he is the only standing christian.

verycute:

Annunaki , I know u as a foolish catholic and for you and Kunle to be making hateful comments is unfortunate. A magazine in Lagos that wrote about pastor Chris divorcing the wife is now out of circulation. You people should mind how you talk. Shame will be on all of you if Pastor Benny finally settle this and come back together again as husband and wife. [size=18pt]What is the matter with you people. As a christian, you should pray for Pastor Benny and whatever the enemy (Satan) want to do, will not work. This is how Christians behave. [/size]Paul the greatest apostle had a wound until his death, so because he healed others and could not heal himself, that disqualified him as a man of God. Kunle be careful and repent and let God forgive you. Those who killed Jesus were so passionate like you and they thought they were right. , There is a way that seemed right to a man so says the bible. IT CAN HAPPEN TO ANY CHRISTIAN. Pastor Chris and Anita are not separated, they are always together if you should know. I PRAY THAT GOD WILL HEAL PASTOR BENNY IN THIS TRYING TIME OF HIS MINISTRY. ,
God bless you. you speak for the sane majority of us. we are a human beings first
Tudór:

Foolish barawo. . .why couldn't he heal his marriage?. . .moro.n
you obviously dont know or learn anything new. very sad
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by GODSON2009(m): 4:37pm On Feb 20, 2010
from my own little knowledge of the bible,benny hinn is not at fault here if his wife started the divorce proceedings,she is the one that will stand before GOD and explain herself,as for benny hinn not knowing his isnt the first the fact is that the devil always uses loved ones closest to men /women of GOD when he cant suceed in getting the main person.
late pastor babalola's wife was known to have publicly slapped him on the altar,including throwing his mace/walking stick out of the train e.t.c
im sure everyone has heard of abiara's daughter
i could go on and on, the point of my preamble is that this incident does not in any way remove from the awesome annointing benny hin is carrying
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by mrmayor(m): 8:24pm On Feb 20, 2010
Blame it on the devil, how convenient. whatever happened to The Holy Spirit, and the Angels at his beck and call

Mister Hinn was so full of the spirit that he could cure (sic) millions and millions through TBN and yet the Devil got his Mrs!
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by Zodiac61(m): 9:22pm On Feb 20, 2010
GODSON2009:

from my own little knowledge of the bible,benny hinn is not at fault here if his wife started the divorce proceedings,she is the one that will stand before GOD and explain herself,as for benny hinn not knowing his isnt the first the fact is that the devil always uses loved ones closest to men /women of GOD when he cant suceed in getting the main person.
late pastor babalola's wife was known to have publicly slapped him on the altar,including throwing his mace/walking stick out of the train e.t.c
im sure everyone has heard of abiara's daughter
i could go on and on, the point of my preamble is that this incident does not in any way remove from the awesome annointing benny hin is carrying

Typical pentecostal, it is always the woman's fault. As if the man do not have any blame.
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by aloyemeka2: 2:22am On Feb 21, 2010
Zodiac61:

Typical pentecostal, it is always the woman's fault. As if the man do not have any blame.

Actually, it's the other way round because the catholics are the more conservative ones. That's why there are more divorces among Pentecostals than the catholics.
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by bee444: 4:56am On Feb 21, 2010
May be the Oyakhilome's would follow suit. They seem to copy Benny Hinn to the letter.
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by akin101: 2:05pm On Feb 21, 2010
i laff in spanish
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

What The Bible Teaches About Money / 3 Ways To Effectively Bear The Mark Of Christ / Pastor David Wale Feso: What has the Ijaws done to You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.