Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,447 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce (8900 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery / Benny Hinn & Pat Robertson, The False Prophets Of The U.S 2012 Election / Benny Hinn And His Wife Get Back Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by princekevo(m): 7:14pm On Feb 21, 2010
Foolish barawo. . .why couldn't he heal his marriage?. . .moro.n

Sometimes i wonder how people can convienently call a man they barely know name and quickly run into conclusions.
I personally see it as an act of Ignorant. This is a[b] man [/b] of God for goodness sake and not God himself. Benny hinns is still on earth and not in heaven yet, as such must experience the realities of the world.
With your question above i began to doubt who is foolish and a slowpoke among both of you.
The news said the wife filed for a divorce and not Benny hinns himself. You dont even know what lead to that or how much the poor guy might have tried to make the marriage work out before running into conclusion.
You never contributed a dime to his ministry yet you can boldly call him a theif.
Sometimes we make a fool of ourselves just becoz of our hatred for a religion, person or thing.
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by huxley(m): 8:50pm On Feb 21, 2010
This is a great time for all Christians to display their faith in their God. This is a time for prayers, prayers, prayers, and prayers. Prayers can heal all ills - so if all the Christian community go down on their knees and pray for this Great man of God, God would send something down, maybe the Holy Ghost, to sort things out for this most Holy of families.

Pray, and Pray, and Pray for the wondrous works and miracle of God.
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by Zodiac61(m): 9:09pm On Feb 21, 2010
huxley:

This is a great time for all Christians to display their faith in their God.  This is a time for prayers, prayers, prayers, and prayers.  Prayers can heal all ills - so if all the Christian community go down on their knees and pray for this Great man of God, God would send something down, maybe the Holy Ghost, to sort things out for this most Holy of families.

Pray, and Pray, and Pray for the wondrous works and miracle of God.
And fast for 60 days and nights. Maybe a miracle will happen. Good luck, Benny, you might just hold on to your loot hard earned cash.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by Devonian(m): 10:49pm On Feb 21, 2010
Evang. Olu:

John Wesley was a great man of God but his wife was not even born again; up to the extent that after preaching his wife will start saying bad words to the congregation against him. We just have to pray for him that more of God's grace be deposited in his life. Temptations and Persecutions must come. He is a great man of God.

Yes! Not all that glitters are gold. I'll not dispute your assertion, but can you direct me to any text which supports this claim. I'm keen to know.
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by Devonian(m): 11:03pm On Feb 21, 2010
If we all take cognisance of the fact that all preachers, priests and bishops (or whatever nomenclature we choose to call them) are nothing but fallible human beings, only then can we realistically deal with news like this. For sociologists of religion, religion, amongst other things, is a social valve. It remotely or intimately underpins societal values. In order to perpetuate societal values, religious traditions become tenaciously entrenched by its adherents. No matter how adherents of religions seek to perpetuate their religions and the associated values, men and women, boys and girls, old and young, neophytes and connoisseurs, as fallible human beings are bound, wittingly or unwittingly, to renege on the values inextricably linked to their religious traditions. As such, although religion remains a social valve, like tyre valves in cars, it sometimes fails to hold the air and the tyre flattens out, preventing the car’s mobility.

John Wesley wrote several thousands of hymn poems sung across the Christendom. He was a key figure in the 18th century English Evangelicalism which not only revived the Church of England, but also led to the emergence of the CMS, which spread Anglicanism around the world. More importantly, he was the founder of the Global Methodism. Yet, John Wesley had soft spur for women. The extract culled from a key text on Wesley's life corroborates this as follows. “For [John] Wesley's weakness was women. His life was marked by a series of sex scandals that went some way to discrediting him both within the Methodist Connexion, as it was properly called, and to the delighted world at large. What usually happened was this. A vulnerable young woman would come to Wesley asking for spiritual guidance. He would lavish attention on her, not to mention a stream of intimate letters. There would be some kissing, hair-patting and, perhaps, more. Or perhaps not: one theory has it that Wesley was impotent. He would then fall ill and the woman in question would nurse him devotedly, perhaps even moving into his house. Just at the point when a proposal of marriage seemed the obvious next step, Wesley would withdraw in a flurry of hurt feelings. Often the woman went on to marry someone else, at which point Wesley would become interested all over again. Quarrels with new husbands were his particular speciality” (Hattersley, Roy. A Brand from the Burning: The Life of John Wesley, Little, Brown: London, 2002).
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by Nobody: 11:48pm On Feb 21, 2010
^^ never heard any of that before
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by aloyemeka2: 2:58am On Feb 22, 2010
bee444:

May be the  Oyakhilome's would follow suit. They seem to copy Benny Hinn to the letter.

Bad belle dey cause diarrhea.
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by Nobody: 4:35am On Feb 22, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Be careful on  what you say about the anointed men of God. Destruction may visit you.

destruction is definitely parked at your house since your mouth and genealogy have nothing but curses for your life
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by princekevo(m): 5:46am On Feb 22, 2010
Devonian:

If we all take cognisance of the fact that all preachers, priests and bishops (or whatever nomenclature we choose to call them) are nothing but fallible human beings, only then can we realistically deal with news like this. For sociologists of religion, religion, amongst other things, is a social valve. It remotely or intimately underpins societal values. In order to perpetuate societal values, religious traditions become tenaciously entrenched by its adherents. No matter how adherents of religions seek to perpetuate their religions and the associated values, men and women, boys and girls, old and young, neophytes and connoisseurs, as fallible human beings are bound, wittingly or unwittingly, to renege on the values inextricably linked to their religious traditions. As such, although religion remains a social valve, like tyre valves in cars, it sometimes fails to hold the air and the tyre flattens out, preventing the car’s mobility.

John Wesley wrote several thousands of hymn poems sung across the Christendom. He was a key figure in the 18th century English Evangelicalism which not only revived the Church of England, but also led to the emergence of the CMS, which spread Anglicanism around the world. More importantly, he was the founder of the Global Methodism. Yet, John Wesley had soft spur for women. The extract culled from a key text on Wesley's life corroborates this as follows. “For [John] Wesley's weakness was women. His life was marked by a series of intimacy scandals that went some way to discrediting him both within the Methodist Connexion, as it was properly called, and to the delighted world at large. What usually happened was this. A vulnerable young woman would come to Wesley asking for spiritual guidance. He would lavish attention on her, not to mention a stream of intimate letters. There would be some kissing, hair-patting and, perhaps, more. Or perhaps not: one theory has it that Wesley was impotent. He would then fall ill and the woman in question would nurse him devotedly, perhaps even moving into his house. Just at the point when a proposal of marriage seemed the obvious next step, Wesley would withdraw in a flurry of hurt feelings. Often the woman went on to marry someone else, at which point Wesley would become interested all over again. Quarrels with new husbands were his particular speciality” (Hattersley, Roy. A Brand from the Burning: The Life of John Wesley, Little, Brown: London, 2002).

My Guy, before you make such claim as this, can you post a reliable source for your facts? I never heard of this.
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by hugooh42(m): 11:35am On Feb 22, 2010
I know that Pastor Benny is an anointed man of God, who God has called into the healing ministry.Whatever is happening in his life now is actually a trial and we need to support him in prayers.But seeing some malicious comments by some so-called Christians here,i couldn't but wonder why such hatred for those called into the healing ministry. In Nigeria, all sorts of name have been called Pastor T.B Joshua, Pastor Oyakhilome and others.Recently Pastor Kumuyi of Deeper life church lost his wife from sickness, they called him names and asking why he couldn't heal his wife.We should know the devil is not happy with all that God does through these anointed men.
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by Devonian(m): 11:36am On Feb 22, 2010
princekevo:

My Guy, before you make such claim as this, can you post a reliable source for your facts? I never heard of this.

Which one have you never heard before? If it’s the theorising on religion, this is 200 Level university stuffs in Religion or Sociology of Religion.

If you were referring to John Wesley’s stuff, Para 2, Line 4 begins a quote from a published text which I referenced in the last 2 lines of the same Para 2. I quote this a second time, providing the reference as appropriate.

“For [John] Wesley's weakness was women. His life was marked by a series of intimacy scandals that went some way to discrediting him both within the Methodist Connexion, as it was properly called, and to the delighted world at large. What usually happened was this. A vulnerable young woman would come to Wesley asking for spiritual guidance. He would lavish attention on her, not to mention a stream of intimate letters. There would be some kissing, hair-patting and, perhaps, more. Or perhaps not: one theory has it that Wesley was impotent. He would then fall ill and the woman in question would nurse him devotedly, perhaps even moving into his house. Just at the point when a proposal of marriage seemed the obvious next step, Wesley would withdraw in a flurry of hurt feelings. Often the woman went on to marry someone else, at which point Wesley would become interested all over again. Quarrels with new husbands were his particular speciality” (Hattersley, Roy. A Brand from the Burning: The Life of John Wesley, Little, Brown: London, 2002, p. 58).

My brother any student of 18th Century Church History, who has completed postgradaute level modules on the Life and Works of the Wesleys wouldn't have any issues with this claim. S/he would have intensively dug into their lives. PhD theses had been written and publsihed on aspects of John and Charles Wesley's lives, too.

And when you say “post a reliable source for your facts.” Are you saying the author and/or the text isn’t reliable. If you’re in doubt, the reality is that when this book hit the shelves, it widely received glowing academic reviews not only in academic journals in theological and religious studies (which are too voluminous to download here), but also in the press, which are listed as follows.

REVIEWS:

PRAISE FOR A BRAND FROM THE BURNING: 'A first class biography, lucid and always interesting. Hattersley seems incapable of writing a dull page' -- Frank McLynn in INDEPENDENT ON SUNDAY 'A lively, forthright biography' Jenny Uglow in SUNDAY TIMES 'A full and fair biography' Kathryn Hughes in NEW STATESMAN;

SPECTATOR, 5 October 2002
"a guide to a fascinating man and episode in the past"

Scotland on Sunday 13 October, 2002
"a detailed, impartial account of the reformer's life, an intellectually and theologically compelling portrait of a riven individual."

The Times
'Splendid . . . The outline of the story is well known, but Hattersley tells it with characteristically opinionated gusto'

Scotsman
'Wesley comes off the page as the driven, passionate, phenomenally hard-working, autocratic – although self-doubting – believer that he was'

Sunday Times
'Lively, forthright biography . . . Hattersley’s achievement is the admirable clarity with which he guides us through the theological labyrinth'

Scotland on Sunday
'A detailed, impartial account of the reformer’s life . . . an intellectually and theologically compelling portrait of a riven individual'

Daily Telegraph, 6 November 2004
'This is a compelling portrait of an elusive, fascinating man eulogised as 'one of the architects of modern England'
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by GODSON2009(m): 5:07pm On Feb 22, 2010
Zodiac61:

Typical pentecostal, it is always the woman's fault. As if the man do not have any blame.
irrespective of whose fault it is,the point here is that benny hinn didnt start the divorce proceedings
Zodiac61:

And fast for 60 days and nights. Maybe a miracle will happen. Good luck, Benny, you might just hold on to your loot hard earned cash.
grin grin grin grin grin
more wild unsubstantiated allegations
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by mabell: 7:40pm On Feb 22, 2010
KunleOshob:

Obviously she would collect her own share of the loot via halimony! lipsrsealed
this shows the level of your myopic thinking, what is with you about money. don't let your over-consciousness of money finish you. hmm i even wonder how much you are worth that you always sound like a mother hen guarding her chicks undecided
@ bee444, ibime, Ganjaseed and co, back off cos you have nothing to contribute so don't pollute the innocent minds.
@ poster, what is this essence of this thread?
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by Gamine(f): 7:44pm On Feb 22, 2010
I was as surprised as i usually am when day turns into night. shocked
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by aloyemeka2: 6:07am On Feb 23, 2010
tpia.:

destruction is definitely parked at your house since your mouth and genealogy have nothing but curses for your life
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by mrmayor(m): 8:31am On Feb 23, 2010
@ Fans of Holy Man Benny

Divorce or any breakdown in family relationships are painful periods in anyone's life but the issue here is about Holy people like Born again folks who would lampoon,curse and rain down holy ghost fire anyone who does not belong to their faith and going through divorce. They would say its your fault that you are divorced because you don't pray, fast, tithe,sow seeds enough to have a happy home, your story would be part of sermon on sundays.

Holy Man Benny divorce is comic relife
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by donnie(m): 8:45am On Feb 23, 2010
Father in the name of Jesus I pray,  . .

Restore. . .  Restore. . . . heal, protect, direct.

I pray for your servants around the world,

They bear your message of salvation. Grant them utterance.

Let your light continue to shine ever more brightly, keep them in your grace, protect them

as they continue to depopulate the kingdom of darkness.

Deliver them from wicked and unreasonable men who do not have faith.

These are the last days Lord, more grace Lord, we need your grace now more than ever.

The devil is defeated!

In Jesus name. . . amen.
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by Tudor6(f): 10:13am On Feb 23, 2010
donnie:

Father in the name of Jesus I pray,  . .

Restore. . .  Restore. . . . heal, protect, direct.

I pray for your servants around the world,

They bear your message of salvation. Grant them utterance.

Let your light continue to shine ever more brightly, keep them in your grace, protect them

as they continue to depopulate the kingdom of darkness.

Deliver them from wicked and unreasonable men who do not have faith.

These are the last days Lord, more grace Lord, we need your grace now more than ever.

The devil is defeated!

In Jesus name. . . amen.
Is the "wicked and unreasonable men" who fuccked up Benny's marriage?

Has it EVER occured to you maybe benny hinn is to blame for his marital collapse?

Foolish people. Always Blame every one out there including the mythical devil for their shortcomings.

I'm sure when pastor Haggard was exposed as a homose.xual, some morons would blame "wicked and unreasonable men without faith" for Haggard's homo.se.xuality.
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by Nobody: 4:06pm On Feb 23, 2010
mrmayor:

@ Fans of Holy Man Benny

Divorce or any breakdown in family relationships are painful periods in anyone's life but the issue here is about Holy people like Born again folks who would lampoon,curse and rain down holy ghost fire anyone who does not belong to their faith and going through divorce. They would say its your fault that you are divorced because you don't pray, fast, tithe,sow seeds enough to have a happy home, your story would be part of sermon on sundays.

Holy Man Benny divorce is comic relife

in Nigeria, the culture places the blame for divorce solely on the woman, so this isnt necessarily a religious thing.

But i agree some Christians do the things you mentioned in your post.
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by ikhideman(m): 5:55pm On Feb 23, 2010
The Phd (Pull him down) syndrome is here again!!

Many unbelievers & those church goers (claiming to be christians) are just looking for opportunities to pull down great & popular men of God who are rightly dividing the word of Truth everywhere. This seems also like an opportunity for the devil to slow the spread of the Gospel, of which he has failed & will continue to do so.

Many people don't know that though marriage was divinely instituted by God, its operation is over 75% physical; hence, a man can be successful in his calling - spiritual, career, etc & @ the home front, he might be as good.

It doesn't negate the fact that God has used him mightily & will still continue to do so. I'm not a member of Christ embassy, but as a Believing one (in whom the Greater One dwells) would do my own part in resisting any attempt by the devil to slow down the Gospel by refusing to propagate the negative;while also saying propagating the power of the Gospel.

It is WELL!!!
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by samorijack(m): 1:10am On Feb 24, 2010
Benny Hinn and his soon to be divorced wife are frauds. Adherents of the prosperity gospel which is inspired by greed. He should be probed and sent to jail if guilty. He's simply a very convincing con.
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by Zodiac61(m): 8:20am On Feb 24, 2010
ikhideman:

Many unbelievers & those church goers (claiming to be christians) are just looking for opportunities to pull down great & popular men of God who are rightly dividing the word of Truth everywhere.  This seems also like an opportunity for the devil to slow the spread of the Gospel, of which he has failed & will continue to do so.

Many people don't know that though marriage was divinely instituted by God, its operation is over 75% physical; hence, a man can be successful in his calling - spiritual, career, etc & @ the home front, he might be as good.
Another fiction peddled by the religious. Marriage existed before god. The has been a habit of the church appropriating social institutions as its own.
Benny Hinn - Man of god !!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by mamagee3(f): 12:04am On Mar 07, 2010
OMG!!! shocked shocked
A Pastor preparing for divorce? shocked
That's disastrous. . .
Re: Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce by sifonval: 8:44am On Aug 20, 2014
http://www.bennyhinn.org/emailletters/8832/reconciliation-and-restoration-continues

bennyhinn- RECONCILIATION AND RESTORATION CONTINUES

It all began at Christmas when we were together at Suzanne's house in Orlando, Florida. Suzanne and I and all of our children and grandchildren were there. It was a beautiful day I will never forget, and that is when the Lord began to do His mighty work.
Suzanne and I want to thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, for praying for us and our family. The Lord has surely answered your prayers! Suzanne and I are more in love with each other than ever before.
The covenant we made with God more than 30 years ago was never broken in His sight. Both of us believe our greatest days are ahead and the best is yet to come.
The last three years have been very painful for Suzanne and me and for the children—more painful than we can ever explain or describe. Suzanne and I will share much more with you in a future letter and soon on This Is Your Day. Please be watching next Thursday and Friday, June 7–8.
Our marriage died for two reasons. One, I, Benny Hinn, was married to the ministry, not realizing it was killing my marriage. And two, Suzanne started taking certain prescription medications to help her cope with some of her personal struggles. She became dependent on those for nearly 15 years, and those medications made her behave erratically at times. As her husband, I did not know what kinds of medicine she was taking or realize what they were doing to her.
After the divorce, Suzanne, on her own accord, decided that she needed professional help to gain freedom from her chemical dependence and checked herself into the Betty Ford clinic in early 2010. And for three and a half months she underwent exhaustive treatment. Today she is totally set free from the need for these medications—she is completely whole—and for that I give the Lord Jesus the praise.
The truth of the matter is that Suzanne filed for divorce because she was crying out for help. The divorce most certainly woke me up, and the Lord used it to show me—as a man of God and as a man—that I cannot function properly without my wife and family.
Not only did our family suffer as a result, but the ministry also suffered greatly. Many partners walked away, not realizing or knowing what took place and why. But I believe that the Lord is restoring not just my family but also the ministry.
I need you as my partner today more than ever. And I promise you I will continue to preach the Gospel with all my heart and with Suzanne at my side. She and I will travel the world together, ministering the Gospel and the power of God. And we both believe that God will not only save lives and heal bodies but will also heal families. God is no respecter of persons, and if He did it for us, He will do it for others.
Because of our experience, God will do more with us in the future.
I need to hear from you today. Again thank you, from the depths of our hearts, for your prayers and financial support. And I'm asking you again today to help Suzanne and me to continue serving the Lord as we must. We have many crusades planned oversees and in the U.S., and we must keep the ministry strong through television, crusades, and helping the needy around the world.
I await your response today and pray the Lord will bless you and keep you as the apple of His eye, hiding you under the shadow of His wings, meeting all your needs—spiritually, emotionally, physically, and financially—and blessing your family and home, bringing glory to His name,

Benny Hinn

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor David Wale Feso: What has the Ijaws done to You? / Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mother / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.