Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,102 members, 7,807,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight (142572 Views)

Drama In The Tunisia Vs Mali Game As Referee Ends Match In The 89th Minute / Van Persie Gets Guard Of Honor As Referee And Players Stopped Match / Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by buckyfof(m): 1:41pm On Aug 23, 2017
May weather is fighting for prestige
Conor is for the money

Conor's highest amount from a fight was approx $3m
He can get $26m from this fight alone win/lose

I give it to mayweather

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 23, 2017
ddippset:
which one be money team is the best? na money team dey fight abi na mayweather dey fight?

"money team" is his moniker
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 23, 2017
butterflylion:

People say McGregor is bigger than MayWeather and during an analysis one of the reasons they gave for this was because McGregor had a much larger head but in boxing, the bigger the head, the bigger the target. grin

McGregor will kiss the canvas early.

I swear.

2 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by princeemmma(m): 1:45pm On Aug 23, 2017
Napoleon27:

Usain Bolt thought as much...
This could be a year for superstars to be shown how human they are.
Lets watch!!!
mc has many disadvantages, so i dont think floyd would loose in any way
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by holluwai(m): 1:48pm On Aug 23, 2017
With the way the match is set up, it certainly favors Floyd; perhaps it was an mma fight, Floyd will never ever make it past the 1st round.
But as it and from my own observation, it's a big money fight which may have been planned out to favor both parties.

4 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by anuoluwapo884(m): 1:50pm On Aug 23, 2017
obafemee80:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUYMdiZayLo

[img]http:///a/img923/2594/HLnIQf.jpg[/img]

Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor go head-to-head in Las Vegas in one of the most anticipated fights of all time.

Mayweather,an undefeated former five-weight world champion,will return to the ring for the first time in nearly two years to take on the UFC star.

THIS fight promises to be the most lucrative of all time.

Mayweather is expected to pocket around £78.5m($100m)

McGregor is set for less,but his earnings are set to be in nine figures if the fight brings in as much as predicted.

Either way,both fighters are set for a huge payday regardless of the result.

Viewing Guide
Date: Saturday Aug. 26, 2017

Venue: T-Mobile Arena,Las Vegas,Nevada

Watch: Showtime (Pay Per View)

Rules: Standard Boxing,10-ounce gloves,12-round fight

Weight Class: Super Welterweight - 154 Pounds

Who do you think will win in the McGregor vs. Mayweather fight?

Your reasons?

Team floyd Mayweather all the way he gat the knock out pounce his the undefeated god boxer

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by daviddagreat: 1:51pm On Aug 23, 2017
ALAYORMII:

The rule made by you??

Win or lose, McGregor is set to triple his networth

Win or lose, Mayweather gets the lion share of the windfall

ermm... bros u wrong Connor losing ain't gonna triple shit except the embarrassment
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by HyDef(m): 1:55pm On Aug 23, 2017
I'm hoping The Notorious will win this one.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by SOLMICHAEL(m): 1:57pm On Aug 23, 2017
dlaw70:

sharap!

u no hear say person fight 49 times loose zero times?

floyed no be beans.
check him record,e don cripple many pple.McGregor no be him match.them just wan kill mc

Yessir!! I've shattap
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by nduboss(m): 1:58pm On Aug 23, 2017
TMT will win make We drop money
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by IAmTobore(m): 1:58pm On Aug 23, 2017
ShyCypher:
Even though this bout is a joke and a disgrace to the noble sport of boxing, the boxer will certainly win.

You can't compare other fightin' sports to boxing.

All it takes is one punch and McGregor is on the floor. His head is not conditioned to take head shots like a boxer and he can't learn that in months.
Plus Mayweather's legendary defensive skills and lightnin' speed sets him apart from his peers let alone a kickboxer.

Many have tried, they all failed.

I hope say the idiot go read this write-up and credit my account for this brilliant piece of dick-ridin'...
Point of correction. Kick boxers are faster than boxers. Just that boxers have more punch weight than kick boxers. But anyway, it's still a stupid fight. I don't know why Cornor will fight him undermining the fact that the odds are against him. I think it's a fixed match.

3 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by ddippset(m): 1:59pm On Aug 23, 2017
AnthonioAlsaid:

"money team" is his moniker
nope. that's his crew. you sounded as if it's the whole crew fighting.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by gozzlin: 2:06pm On Aug 23, 2017
grin
I see both of them about to kiss in the pictures.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by gozzlin: 2:09pm On Aug 23, 2017
KingBish:
TMT
Oh my God! Who's that in your profile? Chai!
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 23, 2017
Scam.

They're both friends.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by sukkot: 2:11pm On Aug 23, 2017
idu1:
Make I put stake?

Sukkot help me predict this game.
let me give you a better angle to it. there is an ancient proverb that says ' when the oldest person in the world dies is when paradigm change happens and this happens to be the etymology of the name methuselah '. now there is a white man named rocky maciano who has the same record as floyd mayweather. 49 fights and zero losses. so now they are both tied. however rocky maciano is older because he had the record before floyd did. so i expect floyd to go 50 wins and no losses so as to break that record. this is my definite answer. flloyd will win this fight. put your money on floyd
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by butterflylion: 2:16pm On Aug 23, 2017
There is also a high chance of McGregor being Disqualified during this fight. Floyd will frustrate the guy as an added tactic. McGregor is a hot head and any good boxer takes advantage of anything that would make his opponent loose his cool during a fight. grin

3 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by CaptPlanet(m): 2:18pm On Aug 23, 2017
Beat his ass Mcgregor!
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Kenon9: 2:22pm On Aug 23, 2017
Mcgregor is a fighter not a boxer and this is a boxing match..He has never boxed before but has been fighting
.Mayweather will win!!
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Dexema(m): 2:24pm On Aug 23, 2017
captainbell:
it's obvious this fight is a fixed fight, it is just to make money....... it's all fraud and scam. I'm not eager to watch it because it is just like wrestling to me that is not real. all na stage managed

Useless fight with too much hype, more like they are forcing it on the world. Connor McGregor fighting with his legs tied versus Floyd the boring defensive orthodox fighter.
I'd prefer to watch Pacquiao v. Horn or the next AJ fight than this modified wrestling match.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 23, 2017
IAmTobore:
Point of correction. Kick boxers are faster than boxers. Just that boxers have more punch weight than kick boxers. But anyway, it's still a stupid fight. I don't know why Cornor will fight him undermining the fact that the odds are against him. I think it's a fixed match.

Boxers are faster than kickboxers bro. #fact

Only an amateur will argue this sef. undecided

http://www.livestrong.com/article/436161-how-to-teach-yourself-kickboxing/

Boxers are legendary for their punching power, precision and speed
. Kickboxers are the great generalists of striking, using their hands, legs, elbows, and knees to strike an opponent. Kickboxers are comfortable using moves that boxers aren't used to, but boxers have lightning-quick speed and wit. At the end of the day, a kickboxer's versatility makes them slightly more dangerous in a fight.

That's livestrong for men oh, not one yeye site like dat.
I'm sure there are more articles related to this all over the internet.

A boxer's speed is unrivaled in sports - except you don't watch much boxing.

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by AAinEqGuinea: 2:27pm On Aug 23, 2017
Featherweight bouts lipsrsealed grin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by wimtex: 2:36pm On Aug 23, 2017
maidana beat Mayweather in their 1st fight but Mayweather won because of judges. McGregor has no boxing experience i wonder how he will beat Floyd. He can only KO floyd but on points floyd will win wink
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by idu1(m): 2:44pm On Aug 23, 2017
sukkot:
haha this is race war premonition. the black champion vs the great white hype. jacob vs esau. conor mcgregor 29 years old born in crumlin dublin. irish. mayweather floyd 40, born in grand rapids michigan.there is an ancient proverb that says ' when the oldest person in the world dies is when paradigm change happens and this happens to be the etymology of the name methuselah '. now there is a white man named rocky maciano who has the same record as floyd mayweather. 49 fights and zero losses. so now they are both tied. however rocky maciano is older because he had the record before floyd did. so i expect floyd to go 50 wins and no losses so as to break that record. this is my definite answer. flloyd will win this fight. put your money on floyd grin

grin grin grin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by seunakin231(m): 2:47pm On Aug 23, 2017
B
SOLMICHAEL:
MCGREGOR WINS!! Even though my reason might seems illogical but I'm fully convinced that Conor will win.

Lolzzz, Mayweather would school him. Yea, mcgregor would be aggressive in the first round, Buh its gonna be Mayweather at the end...
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Shaw007(m): 2:56pm On Aug 23, 2017
well . . . a previously undefeated champion was brushed twice on the track in london, Usain Bolt . . . maybe the same is set to happen again in Vegas

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Konami94: 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2017
soberdrunk:
I pity the people that are putting their money on Mayweather, that dude is a businessman, them fit just one use am make quick money, they know a high percentage of people will bet on Mayweather to win so dey fit just stage this fight to make huge profit and give Mayweather one last "BIG" retirement paycheck....... angry
Mayweather would not compromise his proud unbeaten record for money. The dude has too much money and ego to do that.

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Konami94: 3:24pm On Aug 23, 2017
Shaw007:
well . . . a previously undefeated champion was brushed twice on the track in london, Usain Bolt . . . maybe the same is set to happen again in Vegas
Bolt was never undefeated, the dude has lost races before.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Konami94: 3:27pm On Aug 23, 2017
wimtex:
maidana beat Mayweather in their 1st fight but Mayweather won because of judges. McGregor has no boxing experience i wonder how he will beat Floyd. He can only KO floyd but on points floyd will win wink
How can you say Maidana beat Floyd, if the judges said Mayweather won the fight? Like what criteria did he use then to beat Mayweather?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Afamjudeoffor(m): 3:29pm On Aug 23, 2017
If y'all watch UFC,then you would think twice before you rule out MacGregor.

UFC is a sport for BEASTS !!!

2 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight by Shaw007(m): 3:31pm On Aug 23, 2017
Konami94:

Bolt was never undefeated, the dude has lost races before.

of course...
he had never lost a world championship final, 100m ,200m, not even even 4 x 100m, 2017 was a first time he lost both in 100 and 4 X 100m finals

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (50) (Reply)

Sweden Vs Nigeria: FIFA U-17 WC Semi-Final (0 - 3) On 5th November 2013 / Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time) / Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.