Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Foreigner Travelling Between States - Advice - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Foreigner Travelling Between States - Advice (1019 Views)

7 Reasons Why Every Foreigner Must Visit Nigeria/next Tourist Destination / Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag / Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreigner Travelling Between States - Advice by FairOne1(f): 1:23pm On Feb 12, 2007
I plan on visiting Nigeria for two weeks the beginning of this August. And while I'll be met by my boyfriend at the airport (Murtala Mohammed) I'm still a little concerned about travelling in between states. We'll only be staying in Lagos for a night or so before travelling to Enugu. There are, as far as I know, only two ways of travelling, by either getting an internal flight or by going by coach, which is where I ask your advice. Which is safer, cheaper and simply, the easier option?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks. smiley
Re: Foreigner Travelling Between States - Advice by Saddam: 1:02am On Feb 13, 2007
email me via cutetotalk at yahoo.com so i will provide u with possible alternatives,
Re: Foreigner Travelling Between States - Advice by alabiyemmy(m): 1:07am On Feb 13, 2007
Travel by coach - see the beautiful country side - travel by air - shorter but more expensive. Your boyfriend should give you all the advice you need, you are not alone. I have travelled widely in Nigeria and I see foreigner in almost every city in Nigeria - so loose out the nervousness.
Re: Foreigner Travelling Between States - Advice by LoverBwoy(m): 2:49pm On Feb 13, 2007
Saddam:

email me via cutetotalk at yahoo.com so i will provide u with possible alternatives,
What other alternative could there be?
Re: Foreigner Travelling Between States - Advice by FairOne1(f): 12:37pm On Feb 19, 2007
Thanks for the advice guys! smiley

Alabiyemmy, I would prefer to travel by coach as I hate, hate, hate flying (I'm scared, LoL) but is it really safe? My boyfriend reasures me it is and I trust him 100% but I've been told by others that I'm likely to be "targeted" travelling so openly. Any input?

Saddam, what other alternative ways of travelling are there? I'm travelling from Lagos to Enugu. From what I've looked up and been told, they're the only ways.
Re: Foreigner Travelling Between States - Advice by alabiyemmy(m): 9:04pm On Feb 19, 2007
@Fair-One

Targetted? I dont understand how.
Re: Foreigner Travelling Between States - Advice by Hotstepper(f): 11:56pm On Feb 19, 2007
Bus oooo, you people should enter Ekene dili chukwu or any of the buses to enugu cuz that is what I used wen i was going from Lagos to Enugu. You see things as as someone said, alot of foreigners oooo, again, I dont trust Nigerian domestic airlines again, Safe journe, you will have fun
Re: Foreigner Travelling Between States - Advice by DaJunta(m): 11:40pm On Mar 28, 2007
Hotstepper:

Bus oooo, you people should enter Ekene dili chukwu or any of the buses to enugu because that is what I used when i was going from Lagos to Enugu. You see things as as someone said, alot of foreigners oooo, again, I don't trust Nigerian domestic airlines again, Safe journe, you will have fun

She is talking out of experience
Yes the sights are beautiful by coach but its about 7hrs drive, safe and the fare is cheaper

By Air is about 45mins, NO sights the fare is 4times that of the coach and it is safe.

The ministry of aviation has restructured the industry and are well regulated.

Hotstepper:

Bus oooo, you people should enter Ekene dili chukwu or any of the buses to enugu because that is what I used when i was going from Lagos to Enugu. You see things as as someone said, alot of foreigners oooo, again, I don't trust Nigerian domestic airlines again, Safe journe, you will have fun

My sister, u can now trust domestic airlines .

(1) (Reply)

Kenyan Visa / More Planes Will Go Missing In Obudu / I Was Denied Uk Visa In 2005

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.