Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

- Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / (8389 Views)

MAC Cosmetics To Expand Presence In Africa, Opens First Store In Nigeria / Ladies! What Cologne's Do You Love To Smell On A Man? / Ladies: what do you carry or keep in your hand bags? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

by Nobody: 7:38am On Feb 19, 2010
Re: by madlady(f): 8:31am On Feb 19, 2010
^Does that include beauty products If yes, then I would suggest a TOP quality Mascara and Eyeliner.
These 2 are the only beauty products I use, I buy both items 4 times a year. Beauticians recommend that Mascara be replaced every 2 months, so you should have a good turn around and your customers would become your regulars.
Re: by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 19, 2010
Re: by madlady(f): 12:31pm On Feb 19, 2010
^^ Never used Mac.

I am not a great user of Make-up so never really try anything expect Mascara and Eyeliner.

For the 1st still love Lancome, I am very hairy so my eyelashes are thick so I hate heavy duty Mascara.
Mascara a bit of a fashion thing at this time, so best get the advice of those under 25 so that you can cover the full age range.

Eyeliner, nothing better than BOBBI BROWN GEL EYELINER, never needs re-appling so no need to cart around make-up bags and great for hot climates.

Nail vanish now that's very hot so if you keep up with the trends you can sell lots.
Re: by madlady(f): 10:21am On Feb 21, 2010
cool cool cool Gosh I expected to see loads of advice from the girls/ladies.
Re: by ayettymama(f): 1:32pm On Feb 21, 2010
chair cover if ur gettin ur stuff from the uk i will tell u now they alreadi have avon really cheap and onli God knows where they get it from!!!

neutrogena is popular too but u need to check if u can profit from the price u get it

im also gna be sellin cosmetics and beauty products

but exclusives like No7 Maxfactor maybeline etc
where did u say u can get boots at wholesale??

are u sure?
Re: by Nobody: 1:10am On Feb 24, 2010
Stock up with products from MAC, Napoleon, L'oreal, Victoria Secret beauty line, Wet and Wild. Those are fabulous beauty products and are really good for the skin.

I dunno if they have those in Nigeria yet. If not let me know and maybe i could hook you up.

1 Like

Re: by chika98: 4:14am On Feb 24, 2010
Mac will definitely be on the sorta expensive side but surely stock up on those. I'd advise Wet and Wild like someone said as it is alright product without being too expensive. Also nail polish like Sally Hansen plus Wet and Wild has some alright ones as well. Revlon, Covergirl and likes. I have no idea how popular those are back home.
Re: by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 24, 2010

1 Like

Re: by Nobody: 9:09am On Feb 24, 2010
chaircover:

Thank you so much ladies.

I heard that Mac is the most counterfeited make up brand, so don't want to be competing with people who bring them in from the far east.

I had a number of requests for Victoria Secret, but the problem is that because they are only stocked in the USA, by the time I buy them from the Victoria Secret website, get them sent to the UK where I am based and then on to Nigeria, the prices are no longer competitive. I don't know if anyone can help by telling me where I can buy them cheap in the first instance.

Ive never heard about wet & wild but as its being endorsed, I will look into it. Please can anyone help with this.

Naija people seem to move along very quickly; at one point it was clinique, then Neutragena, then Boots Number 7, now its Avon. I just hope that I can keep up with the changing trends. grin

Wet and Wild is pretty good, I use thier eye liner and mascara and it last all day, the eye shadow is pretty cool as well. It's sad naija had Mac counterfieted already cos it's a really good product and I've been using their lip liner,foundation and press powder. it's a bit on the pricey side though.
Victoria Secret is not that crazy expensive though, they have good bargain in store and online especially when u buy in buck.There's a Victoria Secret shop in the mall were I work here in LA so if you want we could work something out, I normally send stuff to my aunty in the Uk. When are you aiming at going to Naija?
Better still there is 2-3 days delivery process from here to the UK so that's a possibility as well. Lemme know babe.
Re: by Nobody: 9:27am On Feb 24, 2010
Re: by Nobody: 9:43am On Feb 24, 2010
chaircover:

Thank you so much for offering to do that. I will be sending my goods by courier in the next 2 weeks so if we can work something out that will be great. How best do we arrange this?

Thank you once again

What are the stuff you want to buy? I'm working morning shift tomorrow (8hrs from now) so I can go after work and talk with their manager and see if they can offer any form of discount or if i have to get it online and stuff then we can go from there.
Shoot me an email if you wish vivluv03@yahoo.com
Re: by ayettymama(f): 1:43pm On Feb 24, 2010
chaircover where do u get your no7 from

i seriously cannot imagine anyone sellin thier shizz in naija

pls help me im dazed
Re: by queenesthr(f): 3:14pm On Feb 24, 2010
jellybean:

Stock up with products from MAC, Napoleon, L'oreal, Victoria Secret beauty line, Wet and Wild. Those are fabulous beauty products and are really good for the skin.

I dunno if they have those in Nigeria yet. If not let me know and maybe i could hook you up.

These products are all over the place in Nigeria. I have the impression though that Nigerian ladies spend more on hair products than skin.
Re: by platinumnk(f): 4:01pm On Feb 24, 2010
The best time to shop at V Secret is during their annual sales when most stuff is 75% off. smiley
Re: by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 24, 2010
platinumnk:

The best time to shop at V Secret is during their annual sales when most stuff is 75% off. smiley

Yea although the problem is the international shipping especially when in bulk.
Re: by MrCrackles(m): 8:44pm On Feb 24, 2010
Topic. . .
TURA
ZARINA
MAKARI
SHIRLEY. . . . .Them stuff sell like hot cake, going by the rate at which ladies are peeling and bleaching . . .
Re: by Nobody: 8:47pm On Feb 24, 2010
anything with "quinone" in it.

ie bleaching/toning products.

keep sales to a minimum however- to reduce your risk of legal troubles.

victoria's secret is an american company- it doesnt have a global presence yet. But good lingerie doesnt necessarily have to come from only one name brand, though name recognition sells. I'd say also try to shop around for other quality and affordable ones.
Re: by Nobody: 9:26pm On Feb 24, 2010
tpia.:

anything with "quinone" in it.

ie bleaching/toning products.

keep sales to a minimum however- to reduce your risk of legal troubles.

victoria's secret is an american company- it doesnt have a global presence yet. But good lingerie doesnt necessarily have to come from only one name brand, though name recognition sells. I'd say also try to shop around for other quality and affordable ones.

Victoria Secret also have beauty products that rock, we were talking about the beauty products not lingerie.
Re: by Nobody: 12:55am On Feb 25, 2010
^^ oh, ok.

I only know them for the lingerie.

didnt notice they have other things.

i agree- clinique, maybelline, l'oreal, covergirl are among the most popular.

maxfactor too.

Going by what's being stocked at most of the major stores.

1 Like

Re: by Sissy3(f): 4:02am On Feb 25, 2010
some women tend to be a royal fan of Mary Kay ?
Re: by sexyLeamon(f): 4:08am On Feb 25, 2010
MrCrackles:

Topic. . .
TURA
ZARINA
MAKARI
SHIRLEY. . . . .Them stuff sell like hot cake, going by the rate at which ladies are peeling and bleaching . . .
haha! get out of here! are you a lady? grin

@chaicover, My favourite cosmetics brands are, 1. MAC - Infallible. Brilliant products, amazing value for money, perfection. 2. NARS - Beautiful foundations and eyeshadows. Expensive, but worth the money you pay. 3. Clinique - Amazing very natural makeup high quality. 4. Benefit - Totally unique brand, well priced and adorable products. 5. Lancome - The best brand for Mascara
Re: by Nobody: 7:31am On Feb 25, 2010
~Sissy~:

some women tend to be a royal fan of Mary Kay ?

very true.

But you have to be an agent to sell mary kay stuff.

@ topic

throwing in some hair products might also draw traffic? Extensions, etc.
Re: by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 25, 2010
Re: by Nobody: 8:37am On Feb 25, 2010
Re: by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 25, 2010
Re: by madlady(f): 2:29pm On Feb 25, 2010
@ftmom (pls o)

Yes your correct nice bags really would sell well smiley
Re: by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 25, 2010
Re: by madlady(f): 3:41pm On Feb 25, 2010
Oh I forgot fake eyelashes, my sis-in-law said the last time she went home to Lagos she took 10 pairs with her for relatives.
Re: by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 25, 2010
Re: by Nobody: 6:57pm On Feb 25, 2010

(1) (2) (Reply)

African And Nigerian Wedding Outfit For Men / Asantee Papaya Soap Vs Fair And White So White Soap / Thread For India Wears For Ladies..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.