Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,689 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

Area Boys And Okada Riders Clash In Lagos. One Dead, Others Injured - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Area Boys And Okada Riders Clash In Lagos. One Dead, Others Injured (35525 Views)

Hausa Motorcyclists And "Area Boys" Clash In Ipaja, Lagos, One Dead (Photos) / Iyana Ipaja: Okada Riders Clash With Police Over Ban In Lagos / Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Area Boys And Okada Riders Clash In Lagos. One Dead, Others Injured by PrettyCrystal: 3:01pm On Aug 23, 2017
There was chaos earlier today at Egbeda, Alimosho area of Lagos State following a brawl between some area boys and commercial motorcycle operators, aka Okada in Egbeda market. The violent clash reportedly left at least one-person dead and several injured.

According to a report by Bounce News, the fight broke out when the Okada rider accidentally hit an Area boy . The area boy was said to have slapped the Okada man.

The Okada man was said to have returned the favour by slapping back. This angered all the area boys in the area who started attacking every Okada man they saw around.

In a reprisal, all the Okada riders within the area quickly mobilized against the area boys and a fight broke out.

Armed with stones and other dangerous weapons, it was free for all and everyone scampered to safety.

The only dead victim of the fracas was said to have received a fatal blow to his head when a stone was thrown.

Commercial activities have been grounded in the troubled spot as police have ordered all tricycle riders, also known as Keke Marwa, Okadas and commercial buses operating within the area, to vacate for their own safety.

https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/08/one-dead-many-injured-area-boys-okada-riders-clash-lagos-photos.html

1 Share

Re: Area Boys And Okada Riders Clash In Lagos. One Dead, Others Injured by taylor88(m): 3:02pm On Aug 23, 2017
overcrowding and congestion is killing Lagos

the other day i went to mile2 looking for a bro who gv me his address from ph

I saw exactly 3 different person looking exactly like my brother

don't even know who to hug

134 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Area Boys And Okada Riders Clash In Lagos. One Dead, Others Injured by MzDeeb(f): 3:04pm On Aug 23, 2017
Area Boys!!! At times, their level of reasoning baffles me.

Always overreacting and behaving like they possess Lagos state..Mtcheww. That's why i avoid them like plaque. lipsrsealed.

Maybe the victim went to settle fight or was just an onlooker who was unfortunate to receive a stone on his head that led to his death.

Hmmm..I pray we will never be a victim of circumstance in Jesus Name.

May the soul of the departed rest in peace.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Area Boys And Okada Riders Clash In Lagos. One Dead, Others Injured by DWJOBScom(m): 3:18pm On Aug 23, 2017
That's why living on the mainland is a no no no for me

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Area Boys And Okada Riders Clash In Lagos. One Dead, Others Injured by sweetkev(m): 3:18pm On Aug 23, 2017
MC Oluomo crew destroying Lagos since Bola Tinubu era till now cry

6 Likes

Re: Area Boys And Okada Riders Clash In Lagos. One Dead, Others Injured by 9jayes: 3:19pm On Aug 23, 2017
Re: Area Boys And Okada Riders Clash In Lagos. One Dead, Others Injured by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 23, 2017
R.I.P to the dead.

But when will they rearrest Kanu. Buhari is back already pls

2 Likes

Re: Area Boys And Okada Riders Clash In Lagos. One Dead, Others Injured by 9jayes: 3:20pm On Aug 23, 2017
DWJOBScom:
What of Yemoja on the Island?

5 Likes

Re: Area Boys And Okada Riders Clash In Lagos. One Dead, Others Injured by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 23, 2017
Ambode sef embarassed

"The only dead victim of the fracas was said to have received a fatal blow to his head when a stone was thrown." grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Area Boys And Okada Riders Clash In Lagos. One Dead, Others Injured by glosplendid(f): 3:20pm On Aug 23, 2017
Hmmmmm....that area boi is a CAPITAL IDIOT....how dare him slap his fellow man..for what nah.....and after that yeye toyin lawani will come and say yorubas are culture mannered...ejor crawling on the floor to greet doesn't mean you are well mannered...yesoooo..i know the area boi is a yoruba no doubt

13 Likes

Re: Area Boys And Okada Riders Clash In Lagos. One Dead, Others Injured by madgoat(m): 3:20pm On Aug 23, 2017
Ooops..
Re: Area Boys And Okada Riders Clash In Lagos. One Dead, Others Injured by Elslim: 3:21pm On Aug 23, 2017
when will they clash the politicians??

2 Likes

Re: Area Boys And Okada Riders Clash In Lagos. One Dead, Others Injured by Livefreeordieha(m): 3:21pm On Aug 23, 2017
taylor88:
overcrowding and congestion is killing Lagos

the other i went to mile2 looking for a bro who gv me his address from ph

I saw exactly 3 different person looking exactly like my brother

don't even know who to hug
aнaнaнaнaнa... ѕee leммe jυѕт warn υ oooo.. ιғ all dιz ғaιled coмedιanѕ caтcн υ daт υ are тryιng тo ѕтeal d ѕнow.. υ wιll вe accυѕed oғ joĸe paddιng �

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Area Boys And Okada Riders Clash In Lagos. One Dead, Others Injured by dhardline(m): 3:21pm On Aug 23, 2017
Chaos....police won't be there now o but will come back and pick innocent citizens.

The government really needs to do something about this area boys if a thing.

1 Like

Re: Area Boys And Okada Riders Clash In Lagos. One Dead, Others Injured by chynie: 3:22pm On Aug 23, 2017
na their job. Alaye work na their natural inheritance grin

3 Likes

Re: Area Boys And Okada Riders Clash In Lagos. One Dead, Others Injured by Agimor(m): 3:22pm On Aug 23, 2017
The economy is part of the fracas.
Re: Area Boys And Okada Riders Clash In Lagos. One Dead, Others Injured by Kendroid: 3:22pm On Aug 23, 2017
Some will still blame Buhari grin

1 Like

Re: Area Boys And Okada Riders Clash In Lagos. One Dead, Others Injured by taylor88(m): 3:22pm On Aug 23, 2017
Livefreeordieha:
aнaнaнaнaнa... ѕee leммe jυѕт warn υ oooo.. ιғ all dιz ғaιled coмedιanѕ caтcн υ daт υ are тryιng тo ѕтeal d ѕнow.. υ wιll вe accυѕed oғ joĸe paddιng �

joke padding?

jesu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Area Boys And Okada Riders Clash In Lagos. One Dead, Others Injured by winkmart: 3:22pm On Aug 23, 2017
Wasted
Re: Area Boys And Okada Riders Clash In Lagos. One Dead, Others Injured by magoo10(m): 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2017
I hope the one killed was one of the fighters and not just one unsuspecting passerby.

1 Like

Re: Area Boys And Okada Riders Clash In Lagos. One Dead, Others Injured by successincentiv(m): 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2017
Have they been any day we don't hear about death in nigeria
Re: Area Boys And Okada Riders Clash In Lagos. One Dead, Others Injured by SOLMICHAEL(m): 3:24pm On Aug 23, 2017
This area nonsense of a people needs to be curbed. Committing crimes always as if that is their main goal in the society.
Re: Area Boys And Okada Riders Clash In Lagos. One Dead, Others Injured by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 23, 2017
DWJOBScom:

And it doesn't happen tenfold on the Island? Are you okay?

If we investigate further, i'm sure you don't even reside in Lagos, let alone the Island.

Attention seeker.

4 Likes

Re: Area Boys And Okada Riders Clash In Lagos. One Dead, Others Injured by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 23, 2017
As I type two agbalagba dey beat sheygey for those okada men body. Just two. Them fight pass Antony Joshua. Police just dey look

Don't ask me for pictures. I just buy my phone.
Re: Area Boys And Okada Riders Clash In Lagos. One Dead, Others Injured by dadavivo: 3:26pm On Aug 23, 2017
Na Afonjas work

3 Likes

Re: Area Boys And Okada Riders Clash In Lagos. One Dead, Others Injured by Livefreeordieha(m): 3:26pm On Aug 23, 2017
taylor88:

joke padding?

jesu
yeѕ naaa... cнecĸ naιja dιcтιonary na.. υ go ѕee ѕay υ can padd anyтнιng.. even ιғ oloѕнo nor leт υ cυм υ ғιт accυѕe нer oғ paddιng υr pleaѕυre and pocĸeт.. doυвle cнargeѕ.. polιce wιll ιммedιaтely ѕeт υp a coммιттee and вe on тнe мaттer �
Re: Area Boys And Okada Riders Clash In Lagos. One Dead, Others Injured by oyienootieno: 3:26pm On Aug 23, 2017
I pray the one dead is an okada man, they are useless. No pity for okada riders.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aboubakar Hima Declared Wanted By EFCC For Contract Scam & Money Laundering / Zimbabwean Pastor Commits Suicide Over Girlfriend, Videos Himself (Photos) / Plus-Sized Woman Stealing From A Supermarket Caught On Camera (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.