Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,294 members, 7,780,687 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:35 PM

We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – (24668 Views)

Senator Shehu Sani Attacks FG Over Order To Monitor Social Media Posts / FG Orders Security Agencies To Monitor Social Media Posts Of ‘prominent Nigerian / Biafra Security Service Now Monitor Social Media For Anti KANU Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – by Fearlez: 4:16pm On Aug 23, 2017
Mynd44:

https://www.channelstv.com/2017/08/23/now-monitor-social-media-anti-government-anti-military-information-military/
Is Buhari trying to militarise the country?

I wonder what the duty of the police is. The military should face Boko haram that has been a giant boil on their defeated asses.

1 Like

Re: We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – by rhektor(m): 4:17pm On Aug 23, 2017
IDEKEALUMONA:
They want to turn Nigeria to North Korea Abii? When the heat was on Jonathan they all enjoyed it,now that the table has turned they can't bear it.I have not seen this kind of hypocrisy anywhere.

We have cheap plots of land with valid documents in New Heaven Enugu for sale.

Call: 0-8-1-0-58-66-47-3:

Critisism is not a bad thing but hate speech as it is being used on our social media platforms especially on nairaland is never acceptable anywhere in the world. The fact that you are not affected today is not a guarantee that you will be free from it forever. Our social media needs to be monitored since most Nigerians had proven that they needed to be monitored so be it. Whoever r is afraid of being monitored surely has skeleton in his/her cupboard
Re: We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – by Businessideas: 4:17pm On Aug 23, 2017
Partnerbiz3:
This govt is becoming sth else. They want to gag us now..
In a democracy people are free to air their views without threats.
This is not gagging.You can criticize without breaking the law.As a matter of fact,criticism is for the intelligent ones not criminals who edit speech,inserted offensive remarks and circulate it online.

1 Like

Re: We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – by Mac2016(m): 4:17pm On Aug 23, 2017
I believe I am not the only one that's observing what this country is creeping into freedom wise.. sad. We shall overcome!
Re: We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 23, 2017
sukkot:
in that case just do what past dictators do. just drown them in the atlantic ocean and no one will hear from them again. i hear during babangidas regime people used to come up missing all the time after criticizing him. lol. you criticize him today and tomorrow no one sees you again forever. cheesy grin grin

Great contribution, sir. For my reference and learning, which dictatorship succeeded in drowning ppl in the Atlantic? I wanna study up on that bit of world history.

Missing people and coded executions engenders push back eventually... but heck, what do I know right?

By the way, brush your teeth very well, I am smelling human blood on your breath grin
Re: We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – by Emy4u(m): 4:18pm On Aug 23, 2017
Nonsense....keep monitoring since u are a monitoring lizard...very soon u will be crushed by a moving vehicle �
Re: We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – by 2016v2017: 4:20pm On Aug 23, 2017
Partnerbiz3:
This govt is becoming sth else. They want to gag us now..
In a democracy people are free to air their views without threats.
Re: We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – by Fawklicant: 4:21pm On Aug 23, 2017
These fools should concentrate on boko haram. They cant gag us. If only they'll stop thinking of how to harrass and humiliate civilians all the time. There's bluetooth, there's wifi, there's facebook, twitter, instagram, youtube, just too many. I can record an audio or a video saying anything I want and share via bluetooth till it becomes viral. I bid them goodluck with tracing the origins.
I can upload anything and send via email to foreign contacts and they'll in turn broadcast it thereby giving it wider coverage sef due to the IP address.

This is not 1984, and Bubu is not George Orwell.
Useless dolts.
Re: We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – by sukkot: 4:22pm On Aug 23, 2017
EasyWork001:

Great contribution, sir. For my reference and learning, which dictatorship succeeded in drowning ppl in the Atlantic? I wanna study up on that bit of world history.

Missing people and coded executions engenders push back eventually... but heck, what do I know right?

By the way, brush your teeth very well, I am smelling human blood on your breath grin

hmmm idi- amin, babangida, pick one. heck babangida blew up a journalist with parcel bomb grin
Re: We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – by Paperwhite(m): 4:25pm On Aug 23, 2017
Just looking for whatever means to gag freewill opinion.Stupid government. angry
Re: We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – by UncleJudax(m): 4:27pm On Aug 23, 2017
SOLMICHAEL:

I totally agree with you!!
All the sites he mentioned can be jammed...but there will always be a way out.

Anyway, make una de enjoy sai Baba. Vote him again 2019 (dead or alive)...best thing after sliced bread grin
Re: We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – by Rushmore(f): 4:27pm On Aug 23, 2017
taylor88:
Thunder fire them

my name is Charles Chinda from ikwerre, Obiakpo LGA, from a family of 5 2 boys and 3 girls

am from Adageorge Rivers state

Schooled at University of calabar, computer science 2015 set

my phone number is 070*6836*5152

tell them thunder scatter their nyash

tell buhari say his one legged president that is y he's scarred of rat

tell buhari his government is the worst from the history of Adam till 23rd August 2017

Mynd44 pls don't remove my post, it is my die not urs

thank u
Malabite I feel you!! Make I go call Dr Arikpo and Dr Eteng.
Re: We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – by jc4real(m): 4:28pm On Aug 23, 2017
2bam:
. I tot u have mind but I just confirmed these are not your informations even the phone number is for modupe folarin tell me why are u impersonating, thought you have guts.
Re: We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – by IPOB123london: 4:28pm On Aug 23, 2017
boko harem hausa fulani don enter room in aso rock with pop ceiling

na so naw

what do you expect!
Re: We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – by UncleJudax(m): 4:28pm On Aug 23, 2017
Paperwhite:
Just looking for whatever means to gag freewill opinion.Stupid government. angry
They had thought that after destroying PDP, nobody would challenge them.

1984 is back! Yes!!!!
Re: We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – by taylor88(m): 4:30pm On Aug 23, 2017
Rushmore:

Malabite I feel you!! Make I go call Dr Arikpo and Dr Eteng.

jesu

na only Arikpo?

y not tell Felix Ogban

lol

1 Like

Re: We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 23, 2017
sukkot:
hmmm idi- amin, babangida, pick one. heck babangida blew up a journalist with parcel bomb grin

Okay, death by drowning is a good idea you suggested as an alternative to imprisonment. How wise of you!

Isnt Naija too open a society though for that to work? I mean, this isn't a military regime. How would we deal with expected international sanctions, etc? How would we deal with expected foreign interference? Especially since we have a very key economic resource (crude oil) and hold strategic influence in West Africa. How do we keep it up after the Buhari years? Do we keep it up when an opposition govt wins? How would you deal with the tables turning?

I'm learning so much from you
Re: We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – by jc4real(m): 4:33pm On Aug 23, 2017
2bam:
. I tot u have mind but I just confirmed these are not your informations even the phone number is for modupe folarin tell me why are u impersonating, thought you have guts.

shocked And you had to confirm those digits with 'true caller' app.u must be a naija FBI.
Re: We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – by modsfucker: 4:34pm On Aug 23, 2017
taylor88:
Thunder fire them

my name is Charles Chinda from ikwerre, Obiakpo LGA, from a family of 5 2 boys and 3 girls

am from Adageorge Rivers state

Schooled at University of calabar, computer science 2015 set

my phone number is 070*6836*5152

tell them thunder scatter their nyash

tell buhari say his one legged president that is y he's scarred of rat

tell buhari his government is the worst from the history of Adam till 23rd August 2017

Mynd44 pls don't remove my post, it is my die not urs

thank u

Noted
Re: We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 23, 2017
2bam:

Snitch spotted grin

Bros, you dey see ooo. Oracle1 na im you be grin grin grin grin
Re: We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – by omogin(f): 4:36pm On Aug 23, 2017
Thunder fire the useless military dat can't face boko haram. Always wanting to show their might on unarmed civilians
Re: We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – by KAYD007(m): 4:37pm On Aug 23, 2017
cummando:
"We have scientific measures", I love that. But science is for the whites. I prefer ibile (local) measures. What's the point of capturing all these ritualists and yahoo pastors if we can't harness the power they use. As in automatic thunder firing on any body wey post " e post Ku post".

On a serious note nice one though,but I believe our freedom of speech will be seriously tampered with

If freedom of speech as in this case the social media was being put to appropriate use, the need to monitor would not have risen...but considering the tribalism,bigotry and hate speech flying around...the need to monitor the social media is a welcome development.

1 Like

Re: We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – by jrusky(m): 4:38pm On Aug 23, 2017
Guys didn't I said it few weeks ago that soon all media will be monitor and people will be soon being pick up in the street for expressing their view via social media? Go and check my past post you will find it their it has begun already they are getting their.

Finally the journey has stated from this it will go to something else and on and on till Nigeria are completely cage. I had said it number of time I belong to this clan and I'm always fortunate to see or hear about things coming to happen I have said a lot here and all has come to pass.

More indirect nightmare still loading keep watching a time is coming NL will be shut down or being raid by security operative quote me again Seun sooner or later it will happen because NL and few other forum are on the list. Millitary is not the problem but clowns has lay like a Lion to use this opportunity to hammer all foreseen social media that that are seen as a place where people talk freely. The truth is Buhari mind has be totally poison with bad news and he is very angry and I can't blame him it's one boy looking like albino that provoked this situation and it will affect all the way Osama Bin Laden provoked the world and no one can travel without stress of too much checking.

God bless.
Re: We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – by sukkot: 4:39pm On Aug 23, 2017
EasyWork001:

Okay, death by drowning is a good idea you suggested as an alternative to imprisonment. How wise of you!

Isnt Naija too open a society though for that to work? I mean, this isn't a military regime. How would we deal with expected international sanctions, etc? How would we deal with expected foreign interference? Especially since we have a very key economic resource (crude oil) and hold strategic influence in West Africa. How do we keep it up after the Buhari years? Do we keep it up when an opposition govt wins? How would you deal with the tables turning?

I'm learning so much from you
international community does not care about all that so long as you play ball. they knew ghaddafi and sadam terrorized their citizens and turned a blind eye till those two decided not to play ball anymore then they went for them. see in this game of international espionage and politics, everybody needs some dirt or scandal on them. if you are squeaky clean nobody is politicking with you. its like before you join a gang you need to kill someone so that they can have that secret on you. so ermm yeah, and especially in nigeria it is easy to get away with something like that.

listen i am someone who believes too many cooks spoil the broth. too many people with opinions destroy a nation. i believe in dictatorship. and i believe in mild brutality. its too many people these days running their mouth because of no fear of repercussions. you see all these street urchins with no achievements to their name calling a whole general like buhari a kunu sipping dullard. people like that need to be drowned or shot. i strongly believe that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 23, 2017
Compare George Orwell's 1984 with Buhari's Regime 1983-1985 and 2015-

The tyranny is ostensibly overseen by Big Brother, the Party leader who enjoys an intense cult of personality, but who may not even exist. The Party "seeks power entirely for its own sake. It is not interested in the good of others; it is interested solely in power.

Buhari enjoys a cult personality, even though technically he hasnt been ruling us for some time now

He is not intrested in the good of Nigerians (the broken economy and prevailing hardship and inability to hand over power even when extremely sick)He just wants to rule

The Ministry of Truth (or Minitrue in Newspeak), which is responsible for propaganda and historical revisionism. His job is to rewrite past newspaper articles, so that the historical record always supports the party line.

This can be likened to the Ministry of communications that thrives on misinformation

Ministry of Plenty
The Ministry of Plenty rations and controls food, goods, and domestic production; every fiscal quarter, it publishes false claims of having raised the standard of living, when it has, in fact, reduced rations, availability, and production. The Ministry of Truth substantiates Ministry of Plenty's claims by revising historical records to report numbers supporting the current, "increased rations."

can be likened to the Ministry of Finance that publishes false reports on the economy

Ministry of Love
The Ministry of Love identifies, monitors, arrests, and converts real and imagined dissidents. In Winston's experience, the dissident is beaten and tortured, and, when near-broken, he is sent to Room 101 to face "the worst thing in the world" – until love for Big Brother and the Party replaces dissension
aka the dss
Re: We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – by ProFuhrer: 4:40pm On Aug 23, 2017
Please I'm in the final stage of seun osewa flash fiction and need your votes to help me win. Like and share the story as you are entitled to two votes. Follow this link to my story titled BEGINNING'S END and it's a six words story

https://www.nairaland.com/3919666/seun-osewa-battle-moderator-judges/4#59755653
Re: We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – by ProFuhrer: 4:41pm On Aug 23, 2017
Nairaland
Re: We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – by Rushmore(f): 4:41pm On Aug 23, 2017
taylor88:

jesu

na only Arikpo?

y not tell Felix Ogban

lol
Hahahaha
Re: We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 4:47pm On Aug 23, 2017
Act of joblesseness.
Who was that fine ASP that said the only thing the Nigeria Army was good at was to eat peppesoup and plan coups ? Please someone remind me.

1 Like

Re: We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 23, 2017
sukkot:
international community does not care about all that so long as you play ball. they knew ghaddafi and sadam terrorized their citizens and turned a blind eye till those two decided not to play ball anymore then they went for them. see in this game of international espionage and politics, everybody needs some dirt or scandal on them. if you are squeaky clean nobody is politicking with you. its like before you join a gang you need to kill someone so that they can have that secret on you. so ermm yeah, and especially in nigeria it is easy to get away with something like that.

listen i am someone who believes too many cooks spoil the broth. too many people with opinions destroy a nation. i believe in dictatorship. and i believe in mild brutality. its too many people these days running their mouth because of no fear of repercussions. you see all these street urchins with no achievements to their name calling a whole general like buhari a kunu sipping dullard. people like that need to be drowned or shot. i strongly believe that

Fair play to you. Its good to dream

Ill give you a dose of reality. There is no more life presidency. You come, you go. Buhari is halfway done, or a quarter way done if he wins 2 times. His time is already done. He's already in borrowed time. if he didn't do all those ones by now, he never will.

In other words, failure is looming grin
Re: We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – by arsenal33: 4:51pm On Aug 23, 2017
Sprumbabafather:
I miss the free speech reign of Goodluck Jonathan.

yea like those Leadership Newspaper journalists he detained.

or the treatment Rotimi Amaechi received
Re: We Now Monitor Social Media For Anti-Government And Anti-Military Information – by musicwriter(m): 4:51pm On Aug 23, 2017
"My dear citizens,

I am very grateful to God and to all Nigerians for their prayers. I am pleased to be back on home soil among my brothers and sisters.

In the course of my stay in the United Kingdom, I have been kept in daily touch with events at home. Nigerians are robust and lively in discussing their affairs, but I was distressed to notice that some of the comments, especially in the social media have crossed our national red lines by daring to question our collective existence as a nation. This is a step too far."

How could a president of a country disappear from his country, came back and the first thing he's concerned is that "Nigerians are robust and lively in discussing their affairs, especially in the social media"?.

This man have no idea what obtains in a democratic setting. His friends and associates should inform him in a democratic setting people have right to discuss anything they want, including what Buhari likes and those he don't like. If he don't like it he can move to Saudi Arabia.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

LP Gubernatorial Candidate Commissions Party Office In Akwa Ibom (Pictures) / Peter Obi Sues Peoples Gazette Over Doctored Audio Call / Twitter Naija Reacts After Bukola Saraki Tweeted That He Spoke With Buhari Last

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.