Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,730 members, 7,806,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily (18241 Views)

Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B / Folorunsho Alakija Adds To The Beautiful Skyline Of Lagos / Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by edunwablog: 6:18am On Aug 24, 2017
Nigeria’s Computer Village, adjudged the largest Information and Communications Technology (ICT) accessory market in Africa, contributes about N1.5 billion to the country’s economy daily.

The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) Executive Vice Chairman, Prof. Umaru Danbatta, gave the figure, while being hosted by the Computer and Allied Products Dealers Association of Nigeria (CAPDAN), the leadership of the market in Lagos, yesterday.
Danbatta, who added that the contributions of the market to the economy since the telecommunications revolution began some 16 years back, was now around $32 billion, however, informed that the figures were provided by the leadership of CAPDAN during an earlier indoor-meeting in May with the NCC in Abuja.

According to Danbatta, there are about 3000 ICT Small and Medium scale Enterprises (SMEs) doing stuffs in the market, “as such the Computer Village market needs greater support to be able to contribute more to the economy.”
While announcing the readiness of the Commission to work with CAPDAN on any front that will promote economic development, the NCC chief informed that it would sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the association.
Danbatta urged the association to address issues of phone and other devices cloning; substandard products, stressing that so many mobile devices sold in the market are not type-approved by the NCC.
According to him, these unregistered mobile devices are not safe and negatively affects the quality of service rendered by mobile network operators in the country, stressing that NCC has huge responsibility to protect Nigerians, “ we are calling on the CAPDAN to please support us to rid the market of unwanted elements peddling fake and substandard products.”
Danbatta said as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility functions, the commission would train many CAPDAN members.
In his welcome address, the President of CAPDAN, Ahmed Ojikutu, said the Village provides the highest number of ICT solutions in Nigeria and Africa at large, stressing that the market is also known as the hardware capital of Africa, which employs the highest number of graduates in the region.
Ojikutu reminded that their activities go beyond selling of mobile devices, “it is a hub where a lot of technical activities go on. The level of repairs, refurbishment and software related activities that are carried out here entails skills that are at par with the expertise needed for manufacturing mobile devices from scratch. It is the belief of CAPDAN that such expertise should be leveraged on to contribute to the Nigerian economy. For us, it is time to grow the innovative and manufacturing potential of the Computer Village by upgrading it to an African ICT Hub or Nigeria’s Silicon Valley or India’s Bangalore.”
The CAPDAN President appealed to NCC to among others offer them training and education through the Digital Bridge Institute (DBI); sponsorship of Computer Village to international seminars and conferences; facilitation of broadband in the market, among others.
full details at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/08/computer-village-adds-n15b-to-nigerias.html

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by ChangetheChange: 6:22am On Aug 24, 2017
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) Executive Vice Chairman, Prof. Umaru Danbatta, gave the figure, while being hosted by the Computer and Allied Products Dealers Association of Nigeria (CAPDAN), the leadership of the market in Lagos, yesterday.
Danbatta, who added that the contributions of the market to the economy since the telecommunications revolution began some 16 years back, was now around $32 billion, however, informed that the figures were provided by the leadership of CAPDAN during an earlier indoor-meeting in May with the NCC in Abuja.

grin grin

$32 billion dollars?

Lol.. fake over bloated figures

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by Benekruku(m): 6:25am On Aug 24, 2017
ChangetheChange:

grin grin

You said it all!

8 Likes

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by izombie(m): 6:27am On Aug 24, 2017
Very soon that money would be added to biafra. Obodo oma.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by Tolexander: 6:36am On Aug 24, 2017
izombie:
Very soon that money would be added to biafra. Obodo oma.
these people can be so funny with their buffoonery!

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by DannyJ19(m): 6:37am On Aug 24, 2017
#1.5bn daily ...
Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by madridguy(m): 6:41am On Aug 24, 2017
Kudos to our Igbo brothers.

God Bless them all.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by swiz123(m): 6:48am On Aug 24, 2017
If our log of wood president takes that money for another indefinite medical vacation ehh.... I and my ipob brothers will burn down computer village grin

1 Like

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by GogetterMD(m): 7:09am On Aug 24, 2017
ChangetheChange:

grin grin

Figures aren't overblown. You need to spend time in computer village to know how much exchanges hand daily. Went to fix my phone sometime in 2014, in one tiny 6ft by 3ft under-staircase shop like that, and in under one hour, over 400k had exchanged hands there. That is just one very small shop, not even big retailers like Westgate, Slot or Microstation

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by sotall(m): 7:15am On Aug 24, 2017
Yes!....I represent computer village.
You wanna know what I do there?...check my signature

1 Like

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 24, 2017
GogetterMD:

Figures aren't overblown. You need to spend time in computer village to know how much exchanges hand daily. Went to fix my phone sometime in 2014, in one tiny 6ft by 3ft under-staircase shop like that, and in under one hour, over 400k had exchanged hands there. That is just one very small shop, not even big retailers like Westgate, Slot or Microstation

I don't think he worth your mention. He's probably one of these individuals waiting for white collar jobs from the government. cheesy

Computer village is a huge market place and thank them for their immense contribution to the economy of Nigeria. These are entrepreneurs who have set out to break conventionalities.

Visit www.entmirror.com for Business ideas

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by Ihutomi: 7:16am On Aug 24, 2017
Yahoo boys I hail oh

1 Like

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by cr7rooney10(m): 7:16am On Aug 24, 2017
House of 419 i cant forget those boys

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by JoshMedia: 7:17am On Aug 24, 2017
Check my signature

2 Likes

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by Mechette(m): 7:17am On Aug 24, 2017
how it affect we in sokoto

2 Likes

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by Moreoffaith(m): 7:17am On Aug 24, 2017
This is one of the advantage of Obasanjo govt.

6 Likes

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by NigeriaJokesUWO: 7:18am On Aug 24, 2017
smiley
Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by nero2face: 7:19am On Aug 24, 2017
Good news, obviously 95% of this place is owned and operated by my brothers, afonjas can argue their ass off to all I care, all they do their is illegal extorting... Lazy pipu

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by fullstreets: 7:21am On Aug 24, 2017
I no believe.
Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by Saheed9: 7:21am On Aug 24, 2017
seriously
Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by DaudaAbu(m): 7:22am On Aug 24, 2017
Developing some1 elses land

2 Likes

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by MansaMoussa: 7:23am On Aug 24, 2017
They should publish the methodology used in arriving at such ludicrous figure....fools

4 Likes

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by sakalisis(m): 7:24am On Aug 24, 2017
Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by DaudaAbu(m): 7:24am On Aug 24, 2017
madridguy:
Kudos to our Igbo brothers.

God Bless them all.

For developing other pples land abi?

I too say kid o's to them

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by calberian: 7:24am On Aug 24, 2017
I'm a witness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by opalu: 7:25am On Aug 24, 2017
Wow
Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by chinawapz(m): 7:25am On Aug 24, 2017
I no believe this shit...
Re: Computer Village Adds N1.5b To Nigeria’s Economy Daily by Ajewealth123(m): 7:25am On Aug 24, 2017
cr7rooney10:
House of 419 i cant forget those boys
dem don do this one strong thing for computer village road side

10 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Firstbank Cardholders Record ₦1.18 Trillion In Transaction Value During Lockdown / First Bank: CBN Breaks Silence, Says No Individual Can Own The Bank / Corruption Not Nigeria’s Bane, Says World Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.