Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,659 members, 7,801,913 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings (3766 Views)

Have You Ever Seen/Spoken With Beings From Other Planets/Universes / 20 Shocking Discoveries About Human Body Parts / Amazing Fact: New Species Of Predatory Dinosaur Discovered In Thailand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings by Molake94(m): 11:54am On Aug 24, 2017
1. The brain is more active at night than during the day. Scientists don't know yet why this is.
2. The higher your IQ, the more you supposedly dream.
3. Facial hair grows faster than any other hair on the body.
4. The nail on the middle finger grows faster than the other fingernails.
5. Fingernails grow nearly four times faster than toenails.
6. The lifespan of a human hair is 3 to 7 years on average.
7. The acid in your stomach is strong enough to dissolve zinc. It doesn't destroy the stomach because the stomach walls constantly renews itself.
8. Women's hearts beat faster than men's.
9. Women blink twice as many times as men do.
10. Women are born better smellers than men and remain better smellers over life.
11. Men burn fat faster than women by a rate of about 50 calories a day.
12. Men get hiccups more often than women.
13. A man has approximately 6.8 liters of blood in the body while women have approximately 5 liters.
14. The largest cell in the body is the female egg and the smallest is the male sperm.
15. During your lifetime, you will produce enough saliva to fill two swimming pools.
16. Babies are born with blue eyes more than any other color. The melanin in their eyes needs time to be fully deposited or to be darkened by ultraviolet light to reveal the baby's true eye color.
17. Men have erections every hour to hour and a half during sleep. This is because the combination of blood circulation and testosterone production can cause erections during sleep and are a necessary part of REM sleep.
18. After eating too much, your hearing is less sharp.
19. If your saliva cannot dissolve or mix with food, you will not be able to taste that food (try tasting something after drying off your tongue)
20. Noise causes the pupils of your eyes to dilate. Even very small noises can do this.
21. Everyone has a unique smell, unique fingerprint and unique tongue print.
22. By age 60, most people will have lost half their taste buds.
23. Your eyes remain the same size after birth but your nose and ears never stop growing.
24. A simple, moderately severe sunburn burns the blood vessels extensively.
25. We are about 1cm taller in the mornings than in the evenings.
26. The strongest muscle in the body is the human tongue.
27. The hardest bone in the human body is the jawbone.
28. The hands and feet contain almost half of the total bones in the human body.
29. About 32 million bacteria call every inch of your skin home, but they are mostly harmless and some of them are even helpful.
30. Humans shed and regrow outer skin every 27 days.
31. Three hundred million cells die in the human body every minute. Every day an adult produces 300 billion new cells.
32. The colder the room you sleep, the higher the chances are that you would get a nightmare.
33. Humans are the only species that produce emotional tears.
34. All babies are color blind at birth, they see only black and white.
35. The only part of your body that has no blood supply is the cornea in the eye. It gets its oxygen directly from air.
36. A normal human being can survive 20 days without eating but can survive only 2 days without drinking.
37. It is impossible to kill yourself by choking yourself with your hands.
38. Everybody has one strong eye and one weak eye.
39. Your skeleton keeps renewing itself every ten years which means that every ten years you get a new skeleton.
40. The human feet have 500,000 sweat glands and can produce more than a pint of sweat a day.

Cc:lalasticlala

Source:https://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://www.ba-bamail.com/content.aspx%3Femailid%3D14536&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjUxqu4zu_VAhVLaFAKHaVyBX4QFggyMAA&usg=AFQjCNHbUbZ3fqQo_bklGZKvyiydpU9byw

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings by LordZero(m): 12:31pm On Aug 24, 2017
wow.

Nö 29 is very interesting.
Excessive use of antiseptic soaps n co can leave the body exposed to harmful microbes cos d population of the normal flora would've been reduced. ..

2 Likes

Re: 40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings by Collins1906: 1:25pm On Aug 24, 2017
Very interesting! But I do not quite agree with u on 27. Sarojini Ramaligan; an Authority in Biology & author of D Modern Biology for High Schools posit in his book dat 'd strongest & largest bone in d human body is d thigh bone'. (I stand 2 b corrected o) Change is constant...

2 Likes

Re: 40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings by Molake94(m): 1:34pm On Aug 24, 2017
As You said change is Constant
Re: 40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings by LordZero(m): 1:53pm On Aug 24, 2017
Collins1906:
Very interesting! But I do not quite agree with u on 27. Sarojini Ramaligan; an Authority in Biology & author of D Modern Biology for High Schools posit in his book dat 'd strongest & largest bone in d human body is d thigh bone'. (I stand 2 b corrected o) Change is constant...
There is a debate about which is the strongest bone between the femur, the jaw bone and the petrous bone in the skull...
Re: 40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 2:21pm On Aug 24, 2017
amazing facts buh that one about the strongest bone is wrong oh d strongest bone in the body is that of the thigh
Re: 40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings by LOVEGINO(m): 4:48pm On Aug 24, 2017
"23. Your eyes remain the same size after birth but your nose and ears never stop growing" a very big fat lie! Dis must b from apc.

1 Like

Re: 40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings by april4mee(m): 5:35pm On Aug 24, 2017
[quote author=Collins1906 post=59782600]Very interesting! But I do not quite agree with u on 27. Sarojini Ramaligan; an Authority in Biology & author of D Modern Biology for High Schools posit in his book dat 'd strongest & largest bone in d human body is d thigh bone'. (I stand 2 b corrected o) Change is constant... [/quote

The tigh is undoubtedly the longest bone. That we know from time immemorial. It might not necessarily be the hardest bone. Still. I stand to be corrected
Re: 40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings by kilojoDesigns: 5:59pm On Aug 24, 2017
hardest bone is the jaw bone
strongest bone is the thigh bone

op is right, since we tend to mix strong and hard up, the confusion comes up

2 Likes

Re: 40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings by kilojoDesigns: 6:04pm On Aug 24, 2017
what I think is that
strength here is measured by what it can do/carry or support , yes the hardness comes into play but the shape, size, positioning etc also largely contribute making the thigh bone the strongest.

while hardness here is just the overall density of the bone
Re: 40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings by Olibboy: 6:21pm On Aug 24, 2017
Hw many words u go type wey I go say Na lie. continue feeding us.
Re: 40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings by wolextayo: 6:26pm On Aug 24, 2017
Number 41 is really interesting. Wow!
Re: 40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings by somehow: 6:46pm On Aug 24, 2017
What's the difference between hard and strong?
Re: 40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings by emmanuel1990(m): 7:38pm On Aug 24, 2017
i can't live for mor than 2days without water? idontbilivit, i've done 7days dry fasting for more than six times..

1 Like

Re: 40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings by jericco1(m): 7:55pm On Aug 24, 2017
Nice
Re: 40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 24, 2017
Fact number #36: I can live for 2 days without drinking smiley smiley
Re: 40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings by gotnel: 8:12pm On Aug 24, 2017
Highly educative
Re: 40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings by Emeritusseun(m): 10:15pm On Aug 24, 2017
Eastatlantaniqqa:
amazing facts buh that one about the strongest bone is wrong oh d strongest bone in the body is that of the thigh

femur is d longest and largest bone but not d strongest bone!...
Re: 40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings by Emeritusseun(m): 10:18pm On Aug 24, 2017
nice facts!....as regard to the food and water!...experiment has it that you can stay without food for up to 60days while you can stay without water for up to 5days!...
Re: 40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings by snowwhyte607: 11:40pm On Aug 24, 2017
Educative
Re: 40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 12:38am On Aug 25, 2017
Emeritusseun:

femur is d longest and largest bone but not d strongest bone!...
femur is not the thigh bone oh
Re: 40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings by Emeritusseun(m): 7:33am On Aug 25, 2017
[quotemauthor=Eastatlantaniqqpost=59800481] femur is not the thigh bone oh[/quote]

lol...are u kidding me?...FEMUR is d thigh bone ooo bro. It is d only bone in d thigh just d way d humerus is d only bone of the arm!
Thank me later
FYI...please argue with me,.. I am an anatomist, and i av macerated hundreds of human thigh bones(femur)
Re: 40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 25, 2017
The hardest bone is the knee bone.

Its the only bone that a Hyena can't chew
Re: 40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings by Emeritusseun(m): 1:20pm On Aug 25, 2017
Muafrika2:
The hardest bone is the knee bone.

Its the only bone that a Hyena can't chew

lol....wch one be knee bone?...there are three bones dat make up d knee joint...femur,tibia and fibula...plus d sesamoid bone(patella)
Re: 40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 25, 2017
Emeritusseun:

lol....wch one be knee bone?...there are three bones dat make up d knee joint...femur,tibia and fibula...plus d sesamoid bone(patella)
The part that is Just right on the knee. The round part

Its the round part of the femur
Re: 40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings by Emeritusseun(m): 1:42pm On Aug 25, 2017
Muafrika2:

The part that is Just right on the knee. The round part

Its the round part of the femur

well, if u mean d distal part of d femur!?...but d bone on top of d knee gangan is patella..and it is not hard at all
Re: 40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 25, 2017
Emeritusseun:

well, if u mean d distal part of d femur!?...but d bone on top of d knee gangan is patella..and it is not hard at all
That is very technical. Its the rounded part.

If you're observant in bushy places or in the wild, you'd notice there are many of those animal oval knee bones especially if there are dogs around the area.
Re: 40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings by Emeritusseun(m): 2:06pm On Aug 25, 2017
Muafrika2:

That is very technical. Its the rounded part.

If you're observant in bushy places or in the wild, you'd notice there are many of those animal oval knee bones especially if there are dogs around the area.

okk,.,,i work wit human bones ....ad not animals,,,,,but i will get a dog or cat to macerate its bones and note ur observation..
Thanks
Re: 40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings by Nounitesportal(m): 2:32pm On Aug 25, 2017
Apply For Full Tuition Fee Emerging Global Leader Scholarships At AU, USA - 2018

Are you interested in pursuing an Undergraduate degree program from American University, USA?

We are pleased to announce that the American University, USA is offering scholarship programs to International students who wants to undergo an undergraduate degree program from the Institution.

This scholarship program provides everything from full tuition, fees, room and board for one first-year (freshman) high-achieving international student.

Application Process
CLICK HERE
Re: 40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 25, 2017
Emeritusseun:

okk,.,,i work wit human bones ....ad not animals,,,,,but i will get a dog or cat to macerate its bones and note ur observation..
Thanks
Just get one Fromm a butcher undecided
Re: 40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings by TheManofTomorrow(m): 5:08pm On Aug 25, 2017
I can totally attest to that number 22.A person loses their taste buds as one grows older.

Case study: u will be dreaming and promising yourself to eat over and over all those delicacies you were never fortunate to eat when you are young and poor. One will finally grow old and rich and you will lose the appetite for some certain food outrightly. That's the only viable explanation.
Re: 40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings by jeff1607(m): 6:45am On Aug 26, 2017
nice

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rector Warns New Poly Students Against Social Vices / Most Famous Nelson Mandela Statues From Around The World (PIX) / Yabatech Online Registration (nd1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.