Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,511 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! (27736 Views)

What Was The Early Islamic Attitude Toward LGBTQ? / Roman Catholicism Is Idolatry And True Christianity Is Gnosis / Why I Want To Quit Catholicism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by blackbriar: 8:29am On Oct 20, 2017
johnw74:

as before, all you have is garbage to say

i will tell you what baptism isn't,
it isn't the sprinkling of water on the forehead of a baby
who knows nothing about what is going on, and knows nothing about repentance and faith

nearly everything about the rcc is fake and goes against God's word,
satanic is what it is

i certainly am a Christian, that is why i believe God's word-the Bible,
you certainly are not a Christian, you worship deceased people and have idols of them

SIMPLE QUESTION,WHAT IS BAPTISM?
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by blackbriar: 8:31am On Oct 20, 2017
johnw74:

bb, you call the truth hate, but i already know you do, and i have already told you that

you are avoiding the question......
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 8:48am On Oct 20, 2017
blackbriar:

SIMPLE QUESTION,WHAT IS BAPTISM?

as you should know by now i point out yours and rcc lies
i don't give lessons to satans church

i did tell you some of your churches lies on baptism

now feel free to tell me what you say baptism is and i'm sure i will exdpose yet more of your lies
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 8:49am On Oct 20, 2017
blackbriar:

you are avoiding the question......

ha ha, tell me what you know about baptism
it must be something fantastic
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 8:56am On Oct 20, 2017
bb, more lies of yours and satans church

Catholicism defines a False Mother

Because the Roman Catholic Church considers sex as something somewhat unholy, they have elevated celibacy and demoted sex in marriage. Although they teach that Jesus was born of the virgin Mary, the Church has redefined who she is.. The Catholic Church says that the virgin Mary did not inherit original sin from her human parents like all other descendants of Adam and Eve. They say that the virgin Mary’s mother and father did not pass on sinfulness to their daughter. What they call the “immaculate conception” refers to the conception of Mary, not Jesus. This is a direct contradiction of scripture (Romans 3:23, 3:10). Mary herself recognized her need for a Savior (Luke 1:47). Why would Mary need to be saved if she wasn’t a sinner? Catholicism also redefines Mary’s life by claiming that her sinless body and soul were taken up to heaven without dying (assumption). The virgin Mary is also said to have been a virgin her entire life, even though the Bible says that Joseph never knew her until after she gave birth (Matt. 1:25). The Bible says that Jesus’ Mother and brothers came to see him. The people of his own town said “Who does he think he is? Isn’t he the son of Joseph, and aren’t his sisters with us?”(Matt. 13 :54-56, Mark 6:1-3). The book of James starts, “James the Lord’s Brother...” The Catholic Church denies Jesus’ mother by redefining her as being born like Jesus without original sin. This make the Catholic Jesus born of a phony mother.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by blackbriar: 9:03am On Oct 20, 2017
johnw74:

as you should know by now i point out yours and rcc lies
i don't give lessons to satans church

i did tell you some of your churches lies on baptism

now feel free to tell me what you say baptism is and i'm sure i will exdpose yet more of your lies

not until you tel me what Baptism is.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 9:53am On Oct 20, 2017
blackbriar:

not until you tel me what Baptism is.

duh, are you a nine year old girl?
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 10:04am On Oct 20, 2017
bb, more lies of yours and satans church

Save Me, Holy Mother!

The Catholic Church gives an elevated position to the Virgin Mary, calling her “Queen of Heaven” because she rules over the Church with Jesus Christ (Catechism of the Catholic Church Par. #996). They also say that she is “The All Holy One. She is the model and source of holiness” (CCC # 2677). Mary had to be willing to give her consent to be pregnant with Jesus or there would be no salvation (CCC #2030). Mary is considered to be co-redeemer with Jesus which means that she also is our savior. Catholics believe that Mary’s prayers and good works redeem us (CCC #1477). Even though the Bible says that Jesus is our only mediator between God and man (1 Tim. 2:5), the Catholic Church teaches that Mary is our mediator (mediatrix) and co-redeemer (co-redemptrix) with Christ and that no grace can be applied to man except through her (CCC #969). They also say that she has “saving office...to bring us the gifts of eternal salvation” (Documents of Vatican Council II Vol. 1 p. 418). The Catholic Church does not discourage their members from venerating Mary “higher than all other women and all other humans.” Rosaries are used by Catholics as a tool to help them to pray to Mary (and God the Father). All over the world, Catholics are worshipping Mary with the Pope’s full knowledge. If this were happening in Biblical Christian Churches, these people would be excommunicated for false worship.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6132788_jp2mary_jpeg34a70748bf9d6ce40a964480dae76307
Photo of JPII thanking statue of Mary

The Pope himself thanked Mary for saving his life (Time, Dec. 30, 1991 p. 69). Instead of excommunicating Mary worshipers, they have as part of the church, a “liturgical cult of the Blessed Virgin,...” (Vatican Council II No. 28 VIII #66, 67 - Flannery). Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said of Jesus, “There is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved” (Acts 4:12). By praying to Mary and considering her a co-savior and co-mediator, the Catholic Church puts Mary on a similar level with Jesus. Thus they deny Jesus his rightful place as our only mediator, savior, and redeemer by placing part of his work with someone else.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Ubenedictus(m): 6:31pm On Oct 20, 2017
johnw74:

God's word - the Bible is indeed proof

but not to you uben who belong to satans church,
you who go on and on about the rcc compiling the Bible
but don't believe much of what is said in it

if you don't believe some of God's inspired word then you don't believe it is God's inspired word
the rcc is just another sect honoring deceased persons through statues made to them
you are pagans and cannot see it, because you hate truth, your god has blinded you:

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

oh, you want to explain how God used a Satan organization to set the canon of scriptures, to preserve and translate it.

please which is harder to believe,

a. the holy Bible came from Satan's organization.
b. the church of Christ set the canon, translated and preserved the Bible.

now let me see those Protestant mental gymnastics
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Ubenedictus(m): 9:38pm On Oct 20, 2017
johnw74:
continue:

Good Works

According to Roman Catholicism, once a person is baptized and his original sin is removed, he must perform good works because they are also necessary for salvation.

”The specific precepts of the natural law, because their observance, demanded by the Creator, is necessary for salvation,” (CCC, par. 2010).
“The Decalogue [the Ten Commandments] contains a privileged expression of the natural law. It is made known to us by divine revelation and by human reason,” (CCC 2080).
" . . . the Second Vatican Council confirms: 'The bishops, successors of the apostles, receive from the Lord . . . the mission of teaching all peoples, and of preaching the Gospel to every creature, so that all men may attain salvation through faith, Baptism and the observance of the Commandments,'" (CCC 2068).

Good works are necessary because Roman Catholicism denies justification by faith alone. Justification is the declaration of righteousness. It is where the righteousness of Christ is reckoned to the believer (Phil. 3:9) by faith (Rom. 5:1). It is not by faith and something but by faith alone (Rom. 4:1-5). But, Roman Catholicism declares that if anyone believes in justification by faith alone in Christ alone, then he is to be cursed.

"If any one saith, that by faith alone the impious is justified; in such wise as to mean, that nothing else is required to co-operate in order to the obtaining the grace of Justification, and that it is not in any way necessary, that he be prepared and disposed by the movement of his own will; let him be anathema," (Council of Trent, Canons on Justification, Canon 9).
"If any one saith, that man is truly absolved from his sins and justified, because he assuredly believed himself absolved and justified; or, that no one is truly justified but he who believes himself justified; and that, by this faith alone, absolution and justification are effected; let him be anathema," (Council of Trent, Canons on Justification, Canon 14).
“If any one saith, that the justice [righteousness] received is not preserved and also increased before God through good works; but that the said works are merely the fruits and signs of Justification obtained, but not a cause of the increase thereof; let him be anathema." (Council of Trent, Canons on Justification, Canon 24).

So in Roman Catholicism, attaining salvation is a process that includes faith, baptism, and good works. Therefore, in Roman Catholicism, attaining salvation and being justified (being right in God’s eyes) is not an instantaneous event received by faith. It is a long process.
Biblical Response

Salvation in Roman Catholic Salvation is a system of works combined with faith. But, what does the Bible say about salvation when it comes to faith and works? It separates them and clearly says that works are not part of becoming saved.

"For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law. 29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also, 30 since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one." (Rom. 3:28-30).
"What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh, has found? 2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about; but not before God. 3 For what does the Scripture say? “And Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness.” 4 Now to the one who works, his wage is not reckoned as a favor, but as what is due. 5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is reckoned as righteousness," (Rom. 4:1-5).
"Nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we may be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified." (Gal. 2:16).

So we can see that salvation is by faith alone in Christ alone. Did you also know that adding works to salvation is condemned in scripture?

"You foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified? 2 This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?" (Gal. 3:1-3).
"Behold I, Paul, say to you that if you receive circumcision, Christ will be of no benefit to you. 3 And I testify again to every man who receives circumcision, that he is under obligation to keep the whole Law. 4 You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace." (Gal. 5:2-4).
“Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ 23 “And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.’" (Matt. 7:22-23).

In Gal. 3:1-3 above, Paul is clearly teaching that the Galatians were fools. Why? They were adding works to the work of the Holy Spirit. In Gal. 5:2-4, Paul tells them if they received circumcision, that they would not be under grace. Circumcision represented the works of the Law, and Paul clearly tells them that just getting circumcised (not doing good works) would damn them. Why? Because it was a symbol of keeping the Law. That is why Paul had previously said in Gal. 3:10, "For as many as are of the works of the Law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not abide by all things written in the book of the law, to perform them.” Finally, in Matt. 7:22-23 we see an account where Jesus condemns people on the day of judgment. Why would they be condemned? They were appealing to their faith in Christ and their works for their salvation on "bad day." By adding any works into the active salvation, it means that the work of God is not sufficient, but that it needs to be perfected--completed by human effort. This is why salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone. It cannot be by faith and any of our works.

Rom. 11:6, "But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace."

matt slick

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so
faith without works is dead also.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Ubenedictus(m): 10:14pm On Oct 20, 2017
johnw74:

Jesus’ Body and Blood

Jesus said when he broke the bread that “this is my body which is given for you, do this in remembrance of me.” After the meal, he took the cup (of wine) and said, “this cup is the new testament in my blood” (Luke 22:19 & 20). As often as we do this, we proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes again. These are symbols of his body and blood just as when he said, “I am the door.” His body was not really made of wood with hinges and a latch. In the same way, the Passover feast was symbolic of the first Passover feast in Egypt where the blood of the Lambs saved the first-born of the Jews in bondage in Egypt. The bread and wine are symbols of Jesus, our Passover Lamb.

However, the Catholic Church says that the bread is actually the real body of Jesus. After the priest blesses the bread (wafer), he raises it up before the congregation and says, “Behold, the lamb of God”. When he gives it to the members he says, “The body of Christ.” Catholicism teaches that “the Eucharist is a sacrament which really, truly, and substantially contains the body and blood, soul and divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ under the appearances of bread and wine. It is the great sacrament of God’s love in which Christ is eaten, the mind is filled with grace, and a pledge is given to us of future glory.” (Question & Answer Catholic Catechism #1214). “The Eucharist is necessary for salvation.” (Q&A Catechism, #1217).

True Catholics believe that when you eat the bread and drink the wine you are actually eating Jesus’ flesh and drinking his blood, even though it tastes like bread and wine. The Roman Catholic Church uses the word “transubstantiation,” which refers to the communion bread and wine turning into the actual flesh and blood of Jesus when blessed by the Catholic Father (Q&A, #1224). “Christ is present in the Eucharist not only with everything that makes him a man, but with all that makes him this human being. He is therefore present with all his physical properties, hands and feet and head and human heart. He is present with his human soul, with his thoughts, desires, and human affections.” (Q&A, #1223). The Roman Catholic Church proclaims that its members are literally eating their Jesus.

Because of this false interpretation of the scriptures, the Catholic Church is encouraging false, idol worship of these inanimate objects. The Roman Catholic Church sets up inanimate objects (the bread and wine) as objects of worship and adoration. Because they worship and adore these objects they qualify as idols. Since Jesus said, “I am the door,” and “I am the true vine,” this most holy Catholic sacrament is the same as worshipping a door or a vine as if it were Jesus himself.

The Jesus of the Roman Catholic Church is a dead victim (an idol) who is sacrificed on their altar and eaten by true Catholics at masses world wide. Thus, Jesus’ work of salvation was not finished on the cross, but is an ongoing work of sacrifice on their altars. The Jesus of the Bible declared his work of atonement to be completed on the cross: “It is Finished!” (John 19:30). Jesus gave his life as a sacrifice for sins, offering his body once for all (Hebrews 10:10-12). The real Jesus is no longer hanging dead on the cross but was resurrected from death to life. Because he has eternal life, he can never be sacrificed or die again (Romans 6:9-10). The real Jesus can not be eaten. Because the Roman Catholic Church is eating their Jesus, they have identified and are following a phony Jesus.
please where does the Bible say those are symbol ? or you just assumed it
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 10:52pm On Oct 20, 2017
Ubenedictus:

oh, you want to explain how God used a Satan organization to set the canon of scriptures, to preserve and translate it.

please which is harder to believe,

a. the holy Bible came from Satan's organization.
b. the church of Christ set the canon, translated and preserved the Bible.

now let me see those Protestant mental gymnastics

duh uben, none of the writers of the Bible, Moses Matthew etc. etc. etc. were part of satans rc church
and who cares if the rcc put all of those books into one book, so have very many others, duh uben.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 10:58pm On Oct 20, 2017
Ubenedictus:

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so
faith without works is dead also.

oh duh again uben, that's because once a person is saved through faith
then God does good works in us, and just like the faith was God given
so it is that God does the works in us, we can take no credit at all for salvation

when i say "we" i am definately not referring to you, but to other Christians.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 10:59pm On Oct 20, 2017
Ubenedictus:

ha ha read the rest of the post
they are definately not flesh and blood
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 11:07pm On Oct 20, 2017
uben, you rc's would believe anything your church tells you,
more lies of yours and satans church:

A False Priesthood

“The primary ministry of a priest is to consecrate and offer the Holy Eucharist (bread and wine), and to forgive sins.” (Q&A, # 1488). “The Sacrifice of the Cross is continued on earth through the Sacrifice of the Mass...It is the Sacrifice in which Christ is offered under the species of bread and wine in an unbloody manner.” (CCC # 1367). The Roman Catholic Church teaches that eating the body and blood of Jesus Christ makes one holier. In the sacrifice of the Mass, Christ is offered over and over again as a victim of an unbloody holy sacrifice. So the question is, when the priest blesses the wine, does it turn into Christ’s real blood or is it unbloody? (Hebrews 9:22) The Catholic Church has invented a priesthood which supposedly performs a miracle every time the priest blesses the bread and wine (turning them into flesh and blood). If this is true, why are Catholic priests so helpless to perform any other miracles?

The Roman Catholic Church teaches that a person must confess to a priest privately and the priest himself forgives sins. He is then told then by the priest what suffering (penance) he must do (usually prayers) to make up for his sins. “Penance is the sacrament instituted by Christ in which sinners are reconciled with God through the absolution of the Priest.” (Q&A #1321). “If anyone denieth...that sacramental confession...is necessary to salvation,...or saith that the manner of confessing secretly to a priest alone,...is alien from the institution and command of Christ, and is a human invention; let him be anathema.” (Council of Trent, Canon VI “On the Most Holy Sacrament of Penance”). Hebrews chapters 7 to 10, discusses Jesus’ true priesthood. Catholic priests supposedly have authority to forgive sins; however, only God can truly forgive sins. The Roman Catholic Priesthood denies and replaces Jesus’ true Biblical priesthood.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 12:07am On Oct 21, 2017
uben, you go on and on about the rcc playing a part in putting the books of the Bible together into one book
and yet you and satans church don't believe much of it, the Bible,
just read back at all of the verses i have posted against your phony doctrines,
you don't believe any of those Bible verses,

one example of your not believing the Bible:

your satans church says: "salvation comes through faith plus works etc."

God's word the Bible says: "salvation is by faith alone, not by works, so that no one can take credit,
it is a gift of God"

uben, you and satans church don't believe the Bible that you go on and on about having compiled

(Eph 2:8]  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
(Eph 2:9)  Not of works, lest any man should boast.
(Eph 2:10)  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

see how Christians are saved through faith
see how salvation is not of ourselves, but a gift of God
see how salvation is not of works
see how once we are saved God has us walk in good works

see how you don't believe the Bible uben
see how you lie uben
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 12:21am On Oct 21, 2017
Ubenedictus:

ha ha, since Jesus didn't literally give His body and blood to the Apostles to eat and drink,
then the words "body and blood" are used symbolically as explained in the very short and
very easy to understand article

not so easy for the blinded though:

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Ubenedictus(m): 1:09am On Oct 21, 2017
johnw74:

ha ha, since Jesus didn't literally give His body and blood to the Apostles to eat and drink,
then the words "body and blood" are used symbolically as explained in the very short and
very easy to understand article

not so easy for the blinded though:

Jesus said This is my body, this is my blood. you can go and argue with him and tell him he was mistaken it is only symbolic

2 Likes

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Ubenedictus(m): 1:11am On Oct 21, 2017
johnw74:

oh duh again uben, that's because once a person is saved through faith
then God does good works in us, and just like the faith was God given
so it is that God does the works in us, we can take no credit at all for salvation

when i say "we" i am definately not referring to you, but to other Christians.

did the Catholic church teach that it isn't God who does the good work in us or are you just arguing with yourself?

enjoy
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s1c3a2.htm

2 Likes

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Ubenedictus(m): 1:17am On Oct 21, 2017
johnw74:

duh uben, none of the writers of the Bible, Moses Matthew etc. etc. etc. were part of satans rc church
and who cares if the rcc put all of those books into one book, so have very many others, duh uben.

hehehe there were over 100 different books used in church then, please tell me how you will figure which one is correct if not for the Catholic church.

if you dislike the Catholic church as you claim and consider it to be satanic, go and chose your own books and make your own Bible.

if the church is satanic as you say then the Bible she compiled and preserved is satanic too, either you go collect your own books and make your own new testament or keep shut

2 Likes

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 2:15am On Oct 21, 2017
Ubenedictus:

Jesus said This is my body, this is my blood. you can go and argue with him and tell him he was mistaken it is only symbolic

ha ha, you think the bread and wine Jesus fed His apostles was literally Jesus flesh and blood cheesy

u no understand the Bible, but how could a Bible hater understand it,
did you see where you hate God too, God even said so, and of course if you hate His word then you hate Him:

Exo_20:5  Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 2:19am On Oct 21, 2017
Ubenedictus:

did the Catholic church teach that it isn't God who does the good work in us or are you just arguing with yourself?

enjoy
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s1c3a2.htm

duh uben you are twisting - lying again

the issue is the rcc saying works along with faith is needed for salvation,
not that it is God who does the good works in a saved Christian, oh lying one
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 2:48am On Oct 21, 2017
Ubenedictus:
hehehe there were over 100 different books used in church then, please tell me how you will figure which one is correct if not for the Catholic church.

if you dislike the Catholic church as you claim and consider it to be satanic, go and chose your own books and make your own Bible.

if the church is satanic as you say then the Bible she compiled and preserved is satanic too, either you go collect your own books and make your own new testament or keep shut

duh uben, you are twisting - lying again

no, the books of the Bible are not satanic, like the rcc is satanic,

you see, the books of the Bible were written by God inspired prophets,
and of course the rcc didn't write any of them

the rcc put some scriptures together into one book, some were inspired,
and some are considered by Christians not to be, and of course Christians don't use the roman catholic bible,
only satans church does

what satan does is, he mixes truth with lies to gain disciples,
it works for him, he has over a billion disciples in the rcc alone
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 5:43am On Oct 21, 2017
uben, more lies of yours and satans church:

Delusion in Biblical Christianity

Even though the Catholic Church agrees with the basic Biblical doctrines of the trinity, they deny it by adding to it with their own traditions. We covered the two teachings about Jesus which are most foreign to the Bible (the person of Jesus- the bread and wine, and the work of Jesus-the savior and mediator). We have also covered only part of their works of salvation. Because Biblical Christians are generally not familiar with all of the strange teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, they many times claim that “there are many true Christians within the Roman Catholic Church.” The problem with this argument is that most Biblical Christians have not asked their friends the right questions. Without some knowledge of the Roman Catholic teachings, Christians have little chance of asking intelligent and discerning questions and thereby getting the whole truth. Like Mormonism, Catholicism sounds like Biblical Christianity on the surface. Like Mormonism, without in-depth investigative questions, it is impossible to see the whole picture. Only when we ask scrutinizing penetrating question do we learn the real truth. Next time you encounter a Roman Catholic ask him, “Can you eat your Jesus?” or “Can your Jesus mold?”. The answer you receive will be as different as these questions are.

The following quotes from some famous leaders show that even our leaders can become deceived if they aren’t asking the proper questions: “It’s time for Protestants to go to the shepherd (the Pope) and say, ’What do we have to do to come home?’” Robert Schuller (Los Angeles Herald Examiner, September 19, 1987, Religion page); “I’ve found that my beliefs are essentially the same as those of orthodox Roman Catholics.” Billy Graham (McCall’s, January 1978). We as Biblical Christians need to expose and refute any false doctrine which creeps into the body of Christ. (Eph. 5:11, Titus 1:9, Jude 3). You might say, “How can I tell what is true Biblical Christianity? There are two questions that summarize the essentials of Biblical Christianity:

The Two Biblical Laws of Christianity
Law 1.. Who is God? .........
Law 2.. How are we saved?

Law #1: The Identity of God

Christology is the study of who Jesus is and what he has done. These two concepts are essential to establishing the true identity of the real Jesus. The first concept is his person (his nature and character). If you redefine who Jesus is then you have defined a false Jesus. The second concept is his work. If you redefine what he has done or is doing now, then you have defined a different Jesus. At what point would you acknowledge a phony Jesus? If I deny that he died on a cross, claim he didn’t raise from the dead, say he wasn’t born of a virgin, and didn’t pick any apostles; how many things he has done do I need to deny before you tell me that I redefined Jesus and no longer have the truth? Where do you draw the line? The Bible says, Jesus “by himself, purged our sins” and “sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high.” (Hebrews 1:3). In Matthew chapter 16, Jesus asked:

“Whom do you say that I am?”

Law #2: God’s Method of Salvation

We are saved by Grace, through faith alone (Eph. 2:8-10). God’s salvation is free. There is no way that anyone can earn it or become worthy of it. Catholicism has Jesus as a sacred victim on their altar, and his work is not all done by himself.

mtc dot org
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 5:59am On Oct 21, 2017
Does the Roman Catholic
Church deny the Jesus of the Bible?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6137085_newspress_gif3ed949c1378fce9657dac2ca879f1fe9

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6137086_newsflash_gif13a78aabb30d571196b82332197bae18

The answer is absolutely yes!
Just read the previous posts and pages
smiley
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Ubenedictus(m): 11:29am On Oct 21, 2017
johnw74:

ha ha, you think the bread and wine Jesus fed His apostles was literally Jesus flesh and blood cheesy

u no understand the Bible, but how could a Bible hater understand it,
did you see where you hate God too, God even said so, and of course if you hate His word then you hate Him:

Exo_20:5  Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

he took bread and said that is his body. go and argue with him

1 Like

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 12:17pm On Oct 21, 2017
Ubenedictus:
he took bread and said that is his body. go and argue with him

uben, u don't know the diffrence between literal and figurative
a child would know, but not if he is rc, u r so blinded by satan your god

and how could a God hater, Bible hater, like u and rc's know God and His word
you wouldn't know God if your life depended on it, and it does

truly uben, when you take communion u r not swallowing Jesus flesh cheesy
just a dry wafer of bread

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by johnw74: 12:27pm On Oct 21, 2017
uben, more lies of yours and satans church exposed:

THE TRUE CHURCH

The Roman Catholic Church claims to be God's true Church and all members are to promise obedience to the Bishop of Rome, whom she claims is successor to Saint Peter, Prince of the Apostles and Vicar of Jesus Christ.

The Roman Catholic Church is built on the assumption that in Matthew 16:13-19 Jesus appointed Peter the first pope and so founded His Church and established the papacy. If this is true, then all true Christians must become Catholic. If it is false, the whole Catholic religion is false and cultic and no true Christians could be identified with such a system. We must, then, search the Scriptures in order to know what is true. The Scriptures are not merely the writings of men, “But holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit” (II Peter 1:21). “All Scripture is inspired by God and useful for teaching, for reproving, for correcting, for instructing in justice; that the man of God may be perfect, equipped for every good work: (II Timothy 3:16-17). “Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words (the Bible) shall not pass away” (Matthew 24:35). Both Scripture and history testify to the authenticity, reliability, efficiency, and sufficiency of the Bible. Though some Catholic translations are better than others, all are reliable enough for general study with Catholics.

When Jesus, in Matthew 16:18, said, "Thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it" He used the demonstrative "this" (taute), pointing to Peter's confession, "Thou are the Christ, the Son of the living God" as the rock. Jesus said, "Thou are Peter (petros, a stone - all believers are stones, see I Peter 2:5 and Ephesians 2:21), and upon this rock (petra, a huge rock foundation - the confession that Jesus is the Christ), I will build my church". He did not promise to build His Church upon Peter. Jesus would not have trusted such a precious possession as His Church to the leadership of even one fallible man much less a whole succession of them. The pope of Rome is called the Vicar of the Son of God (Vicarius Filii Dei). In the Bible we find that the Holy Spirit, not a pope, was sent to take the place of Jesus on earth. That is what Vicar means. The Holy Spirit was given to guide us into all truth (John 16:7-15) and the Scriptures were given for teaching, for reproving, for correction, and for instruction (II Timothy 3:16). Christ did not leave His Church to human leadership. Jesus Himself is still the Head of His Church. He speaks to us through His infallible Word, the Holy Scriptures, by His ever present and infallible Holy Spirit.

Let us remember that Christ is the Rock and only Head of the Church. I Corinthians 3:11. For other foundation no one can lay, but that which has been laid, which is Christ Jesus.
I Corinthians 10:4. The rock was Christ.
Ephesians 1:22,23. Head over all the Church.
Ephesians 2:20. Christ Jesus... the chief corner stone.

Around thirty-four times in the Old Testament God is call a Rock or the Rock of Israel. You see, the Bible clearly teaches that when Jesus founded His Church, He was to be the only Head, the Holy Spirit the Vicar and Guide, and the Bible the only authority for faith and practice. All true Christians constitute THE TRUE CHURCH (those in whom the Holy Spirit dwells, who believe and obey Christ's teachings). True believers were called "Christians", not "Catholics".
Acts 11:26 Disciples were first called Christians.
Acts 26:28 Persuade me to become a Christian.
I Peter 4:16 Suffer as a Christian

There were no Roman Catholics until Christianity was merged with paganism into a state religion around 315 A.D. The true Christians obeyed God's Word, they never joined in the pagan corruption. The gates of hell have never prevailed against the true believers, they are few, their way is narrow, they would rather suffer martyrdom than compromise the Word of God or deny their Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. "Go out from her, my people, that you may not share in her sins, and that you may not receive of her plagues" (Apocalypse 18:4). Believers must not be identified with compromising or counterfeit Churches!

mtc dot org
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by easymancfc(m): 3:15pm On Oct 21, 2017
johnw74:

uben, more lies of yours and satans church exposed:

THE TRUE CHURCH

The Roman Catholic Church claims to be God's true Church and all members are to promise obedience to the Bishop of Rome, whom she claims is successor to Saint Peter, Prince of the Apostles and Vicar of Jesus Christ.

The Roman Catholic Church is built on the assumption that in Matthew 16:13-19 Jesus appointed Peter the first pope and so founded His Church and established the papacy. If this is true, then all true Christians must become Catholic. If it is false, the whole Catholic religion is false and cultic and no true Christians could be identified with such a system. We must, then, search the Scriptures in order to know what is true. The Scriptures are not merely the writings of men, “But holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit” (II Peter 1:21). “All Scripture is inspired by God and useful for teaching, for reproving, for correcting, for instructing in justice; that the man of God may be perfect, equipped for every good work: (II Timothy 3:16-17). “Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words (the Bible) shall not pass away” (Matthew 24:35). Both Scripture and history testify to the authenticity, reliability, efficiency, and sufficiency of the Bible. Though some Catholic translations are better than others, all are reliable enough for general study with Catholics.

When Jesus, in Matthew 16:18, said, "Thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it" He used the demonstrative "this" (taute), pointing to Peter's confession, "Thou are the Christ, the Son of the living God" as the rock. Jesus said, "Thou are Peter (petros, a stone - all believers are stones, see I Peter 2:5 and Ephesians 2:21), and upon this rock (petra, a huge rock foundation - the confession that Jesus is the Christ), I will build my church". He did not promise to build His Church upon Peter. Jesus would not have trusted such a precious possession as His Church to the leadership of even one fallible man much less a whole succession of them. The pope of Rome is called the Vicar of the Son of God (Vicarius Filii Dei). In the Bible we find that the Holy Spirit, not a pope, was sent to take the place of Jesus on earth. That is what Vicar means. The Holy Spirit was given to guide us into all truth (John 16:7-15) and the Scriptures were given for teaching, for reproving, for correction, and for instruction (II Timothy 3:16). Christ did not leave His Church to human leadership. Jesus Himself is still the Head of His Church. He speaks to us through His infallible Word, the Holy Scriptures, by His ever present and infallible Holy Spirit.

Let us remember that Christ is the Rock and only Head of the Church. I Corinthians 3:11. For other foundation no one can lay, but that which has been laid, which is Christ Jesus.
I Corinthians 10:4. The rock was Christ.
Ephesians 1:22,23. Head over all the Church.
Ephesians 2:20. Christ Jesus... the chief corner stone.

Around thirty-four times in the Old Testament God is call a Rock or the Rock of Israel. You see, the Bible clearly teaches that when Jesus founded His Church, He was to be the only Head, the Holy Spirit the Vicar and Guide, and the Bible the only authority for faith and practice. All true Christians constitute THE TRUE CHURCH (those in whom the Holy Spirit dwells, who believe and obey Christ's teachings). True believers were called "Christians", not "Catholics".
Acts 11:26 Disciples were first called Christians.
Acts 26:28 Persuade me to become a Christian.
I Peter 4:16 Suffer as a Christian

There were no Roman Catholics until Christianity was merged with paganism into a state religion around 315 A.D. The true Christians obeyed God's Word, they never joined in the pagan corruption. The gates of hell have never prevailed against the true believers, they are few, their way is narrow, they would rather suffer martyrdom than compromise the Word of God or deny their Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. "Go out from her, my people, that you may not share in her sins, and that you may not receive of her plagues" (Apocalypse 18:4). Believers must not be identified with compromising or counterfeit Churches!

mtc dot org
I have two questions..
You said petros means stone??.. If I go to the Greek of scripture.. will I see petros for every time stone is mentioned

2. Peter was also called Kephas?? see John 1:42.. does Kephas also means stone..

Thank you..
Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Ubenedictus(m): 5:07pm On Oct 21, 2017
johnw74:

duh uben, you are twisting - lying again

no, the books of the Bible are not satanic, like the rcc is satanic,

you see, the books of the Bible were written by God inspired prophets,
and of course the rcc didn't write any of them

the rcc put some scriptures together into one book, some were inspired,
and some are considered by Christians not to be, and of course Christians don't use the roman catholic bible,
only satans church does

what satan does is, he mixes truth with lies to gain disciples,
it works for him, he has over a billion disciples in the rcc alone
go and make your own new testament, stop using the one Satan's Church compiled

2 Likes

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Ubenedictus(m): 5:10pm On Oct 21, 2017
johnw74:

duh uben you are twisting - lying again
the issue is the rcc saying works along with faith is needed for salvation, not that it is God who does the good works in a saved Christian, oh lying one
now you are lying against the Catholic church. well done

2 Likes

Re: Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! by Ubenedictus(m): 6:47pm On Oct 21, 2017
johnw74:

uben, u don't know the diffrence between literal and figurative
a child would know, but not if he is rc, u r so blinded by satan your god

and how could a God hater, Bible hater, like u and rc's know God and His word
you wouldn't know God if your life depended on it, and it does

truly uben, when you take communion u r not swallowing Jesus flesh cheesy
just a dry wafer of bread

John 6:55
For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.

Luke. 22:19

And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and
gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for
you; do this in remembrance of me."

argue with Christ.

some Protestants are just faithless.

Jesus himself took bread and said it is his body, the same body which he give for us, Jesus said it but modern day Protestant say no, it is a lie it is not the body given up for up it is only a symbol. it is just faithlessness.

Are you even aware that the heresy you believe about the Eucharist is a 16th invention by a man called John Calvin? so for 1600years no Christian ever taught that the Eucharist is symbolic but you just follow and end time doctrine, a doctrine of a man in the 16th century?

sorry for you, even the Bible prophesied it, end time Church, end time doctrine, end time Christian.

sorry, I will accept the words of Christ, and the historic witness of all Christian for 2000years over the invention and heresy of a man called John Calvin and his followers.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

One Question You Must Ask Yourself Before You Eat The Forbidden Fruit / Ogoja Catholic Diocese Welcomes Their New Bishop (Photo) / The 5 Types Of Dancers You Will See In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.