Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

A Size 14 - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / A Size 14 (40926 Views)

For Sale- An Orange Strapless Embroded Gown Size 14 / I Am Becoming A Size 12 / ~ Challenging Sterotype Size 10 Mannequins For Size 14 Mannequins ~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Size 14 by bluespice(f): 6:17pm On Feb 21, 2010
platinumnk:

na u see am, and I thought i was being too harsh yesterday grin

harsh?
my dear this is me being nice. . . very nice
Re: A Size 14 by spikedcylinder: 10:03am On Feb 22, 2010
I am size 16, I am orobo. You people should go and nack your head on the wall if you don't like.
Awon oniranu. cheesy
Re: A Size 14 by H2O2: 10:24am On Feb 22, 2010
spikedcylinder:

I am size 16, I am orobo. You people should go and nack your head on the wall if you don't like.
Awon oniranu. cheesy

Dude we know cheesy
Re: A Size 14 by spikedcylinder: 10:47am On Feb 22, 2010
Re: A Size 14 by TeeJay6(m): 10:53am On Feb 22, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Awon oniranu. cheesy

dont mind them jare. Just added you to my wish list grin grin
Re: A Size 14 by spikedcylinder: 11:59am On Feb 22, 2010
Aha! That makes you number 1,000,030,003,000.00 grin grin grin
Re: A Size 14 by Nobody: 12:04pm On Feb 22, 2010
@ OP

you are not fat, or any of the uncomplimentary things you said about yourself. 14 is not even chubby. you could do some exercise, but the intention should be to keep fit and burn some excess fat, and not look like a stick. you need to love your body. when u open your mind to how pretty your body is, your eyes will begin to see more clothes that fit, which is approx 100% of all the nice stuff you see on other 'skinny' girls. just look out for the size 14 label and u're good to go.
Re: A Size 14 by Nobody: 12:14pm On Feb 22, 2010
that's a size 14 in full length jeans

Re: A Size 14 by minute(f): 12:34pm On Feb 22, 2010
A size 14 is not big.It most likely would be considered overweight,

depending on our BMI though.

If you feel you'd be more happier and more confident in a size 10,or even

a size 8,then go ahead. undecided undecided undecided
Re: A Size 14 by sayso: 1:05pm On Feb 22, 2010
why do ladies like crossing dear legs or bring them close to each other while posing for photographs?
Re: A Size 14 by MsTom(f): 2:00pm On Feb 22, 2010
So what is the best dress size? Dont think Size 14 is fat even to a size 16. Maybe because am a size 8.( I think). Dont mind a size 14.
Re: A Size 14 by lossa(f): 2:06pm On Feb 22, 2010
my dear please dont listen to these pple am size 14 am dont feel bad about it and i dont see my self as too big or fat. long trousers wil not make u look short. try and put on waht u think will fit u kiss wink smiley
Re: A Size 14 by Aaoe: 3:19pm On Feb 22, 2010
Girl, Just Dress according to your size; nothing too tight and nothing to big, wear well fitted cuts, they will put you in the best light.

Also be wary of too extremely bright colors and patterns that scream circus tent, though You do not need to limit yourself to black, although darker colors do slenderize.

See the pic below; what size do you think she is?

Re: A Size 14 by MsTom(f): 3:31pm On Feb 22, 2010
@Aaoe,

would love to know please. Her weight looks just right
Re: A Size 14 by TeeJay6(m): 3:44pm On Feb 22, 2010
Aaoe:

Girl, Just Dress according to your size; nothing too tight and nothing to big, wear well fitted cuts, they will put you in the best light.

Also be wary of too extremely bright colors and patterns that scream circus tent, though You do not need to limit yourself to black, although darker colors do slenderize.

never mind her size just tell me where she lives and that she is still single,
Re: A Size 14 by platinumnk(f): 5:04pm On Feb 22, 2010
Aaoe:

I would say about 12-14 smiley
Re: A Size 14 by sizzlers(m): 5:36pm On Feb 22, 2010
limmmm down grin grin
Re: A Size 14 by chic2pimp(m): 5:36pm On Feb 22, 2010
Buhahahahaha funny thread grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

I guess the poster has gotten the replies she wanted grin
Re: A Size 14 by Armenian: 6:56pm On Feb 22, 2010
From all the pics, (cheers platinum grin cheesy) size 14 seems to be a very good size for women.
Its not stick-thin nor over-weight.

Actually, i like it.
What size is kim kardashian? is that 14 too?
if so size 14 rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: A Size 14 by yme1(f): 7:29pm On Feb 22, 2010
size 14 isnt bad undecided
Re: A Size 14 by agathamari(f): 8:19pm On Feb 22, 2010
try an A-line style dress, sheath dress or even empire waisted

Re: A Size 14 by madlady(f): 10:23pm On Feb 22, 2010
Aaoe:

She's very beautiful and her body  looks well proportioned. 

Size 14 is one size smaller than the said UK average size so she's still smaller than lots of UK ppls
Re: A Size 14 by chika98: 11:42pm On Feb 22, 2010
A size 14 is just the right size for an African woman. Remember we tend to have round, shapely hips as opposed to the white flat buttocks. A white person who weighs about 180LBS might end up wearing a size 8 jeans because she has no ass but has all of the weight in her "upper chamber" .

Those of you calling her fat that is so wrong! I can't care about being honest or not. Size 14 is not fat at all!!! How many of you have mothers who are less than a size 14?? How many?
Re: A Size 14 by ayettymama(f): 11:46pm On Feb 22, 2010
i think i shouls take one of those fotos!!

love the way she did her legs!
Re: A Size 14 by blandyne(f): 12:02am On Feb 23, 2010
I can't believe what some of you are saying, you are making me sick. What's wrong with a size 14 ?

@ Poster
You know yourself better than anyone here so i have to ask you: do u think u should lose weight? If your answer is yes then do so. However before you do, u have to know why. The reason i'm saying that it's because as women we always compare ourselves to other women and trust me i know what i'm talking about. I have 2 sisters and both of them are wayyyyy smaller than I. One is a size 8 and the other 2-4,right now I'm a size 16. Guess what? I'm not the only one looking at the mirror and pointing at my flaws, they are too. They even do it more than me, i'm just giving you proof that u'll always find something that u're not happy with. Losing weight just to please others won't make you happy, but losing weight and also learn to love yourself will.   Just take it one step at a time.

I almost forgot to tell u. Do u know that my size 8 older sister is dying to have my curves especially my thighs because of the way they look in jeans. On the other hand my size 2-4 younger sister just love my b.o.o.b.s, she literally stare at them all the time, Don't get me wrong i'm not saying i'm 100% happy with my size right now, actually i'm trying to lose weight and go back to being a 14. But i really love my body even though i want my butt to be a little smaller. Being healthy and confident it's all that matter not the numbers on the scale mine start with a 2.

Regarding of what u should wear, just like someone mentioned earlier those 3/4 pants won't do u justice. Always wear either long pants and jeans, or shorts ( not daisy duke shorts) but the one that stops above your knees only if u're comfortable with them. Try to wear heels more often, they will elongate your legs. . . . Tops and trousers are not a problem, just stay away from the ones that are too long ( that stop way below ur butt) unless they are long tunics or dresses that u can wear with leggins. . . . A line dresses and skirts are a plus, never wear 3/4 length skirts. . . . Always wear good undergarments and bras. . . . Last but not least, u know your best assets so work with them, I hope i answer ur questions.
Re: A Size 14 by platinumnk(f): 12:06am On Feb 23, 2010
ayettymama:

i think i shouls take one of those fotos!!

love the way she did her legs!

u should na!
excellent energy boost!  cheesy
take a sexy a$$ pic with barely anything and u gotta make sure its sexy!
So when other start talking smack , just look at the pic and be like they WISH!! grin grin
Re: A Size 14 by Nobody: 12:12am On Feb 23, 2010
Armenian:

From all the pics, (cheers platinum grin cheesy) size 14 seems to be a very good size for women.
Its not stick-thin nor over-weight.

Actually, i like it.
What size is kim kardashian? is that 14 too?
if so size 14 rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Say wetin? shocked cheesy

If Kimmy is size 14, then most women would be size 24.
I think she's pleasantly size 4. . . . undecided
Re: A Size 14 by blandyne(f): 12:22am On Feb 23, 2010
FL Gators:

Say wetin? shocked cheesy

If Kimmy is size 14, then most women would be size 24.
I think she's pleasantly size 4. . . . undecided

Kim Kardashian is a size 4. It's just the way she carries her weight and her big showcase butt that make people think otherwise. We have to remember that she's short also, her height is 5'2 1/2". Last i heard she weighs about 120-125 lbs.
Re: A Size 14 by Nobody: 12:25am On Feb 23, 2010
blandyne:

Kim Kardashian[b] is a size 4[/b]. It's just the way she carries her weight and her big showcase butt that make people think otherwise. We have to remember that she's short also, her height is 5'2 1/2". Last i heard she weighs about 120-125 lbs.

Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing with me?
Re: A Size 14 by blandyne(f): 12:29am On Feb 23, 2010
FL Gators:

Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing with me?

Of course i am, isn't it obvious!!!! U even put "size 4" in bold.
Re: A Size 14 by Nobody: 12:30am On Feb 23, 2010
blandyne:

Of course i am, isn't it obvious!!!! U even put "size 4" in bold.
Lol sorry, because then you went into details.
Kinda got lost grin
Re: A Size 14 by Mhismole(f): 12:52am On Feb 23, 2010
jeeeez, the chica asked for advice on WHAT TO WEAR!! all this love urself posts and all that, smh. @op, def try that empire dress thing somone posted down here. make sure the dress is reallly long, at least past ankle length, and the same colour throughout. dont go for busy designs tho. hope this helped.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Freida Pinto always stylish simply effortless / Glass Van Runway Causes Stir In Lagos (Photos) / How Do I Get My Natural Skin Colour Back?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.