Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo (21850 Views)

Carlcare Service: The Official Phone Repair Provider For Infinix, TECNO, Itel / Connect With Carlcare Service Nigeria / Carlcare Service Ng: We're Back On Nairaland! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by stefanweeks: 12:18pm On Aug 25, 2017
Carl care

more like

Can'tcare

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by libertyfather(m): 12:18pm On Aug 25, 2017
Brooke60:
I wonder where they get their staffs. Had bad experience with the branch at Ikeja too.

I guess they scammed you.
Lalasticlala, see this ooo.

Real Scam starting from the he went there to fix the touchpad, I will fix that damn touch with less than 5k
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by lanrejoe10: 12:19pm On Aug 25, 2017
Avoid experimental chinko phones
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 25, 2017
Just wait and see.
They have just drawn out money completely from you.
And yet their member agents are in this forum convincing people to buy their phones.Some very foolish ones will start comparing their mtk powered camon cx with iPhone with no shame at all.
I complained of software problems to them but it was never resolved.
I really feel for this guy.After wasting money like this.
You take home a refurbished tecno l9?
I promise never to use your devices again never.
Some will say spare parts and easy repair availability are what makes them stick to tecno.So they stay away from unpopular brands under that pretext.See as they used their Monopoly power on you.
Carlcare,you didn't just loose 2 customers here.
You and your brand should go to hell.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by Mac2016(m): 12:22pm On Aug 25, 2017
fratermathy:
I have read some negative experiences with CarlCare online that I wonder why the company has . I have seen a number of Tecno flagship devices go bad "all of a sudden" without any hope for repairs and even if they can be repaired, it'll be at exorbitant costs... Their swap deals are no better (run away from them if you can).

Read more reviews of CarlCare here: https://www.reviewnaija.com/reviews/carlcare-centre-ikeja

I commend you bro, you are a very excellent story teller. I got everything you explained.
Immediately, they told me to pay 14k to repair a phone I bought for 14.5k at Carlcare Ikeja, I knew something was wrong with them. I turned back immediately.
I work with jumia more...I would have help escalate your experience but still this ur experience shd not be swept under the carpet. Keep on escalating till you make them here...Go on twitter handles of techno, konga, nta, consumer protection agencies, SON, vanguardngr and other bodies to escalate till u get a reasonable response...ur experience could save others.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by Adiwana: 12:22pm On Aug 25, 2017
All the problems+Stress+Amount used in that "Tecno" could have given you a clean High end Samsung or even an iPhone that could have given you Peace of mind.But no,tecno is cheap and affordable and "can do what an iphone/Samsung can do.Afterall it's an android phone that snaps pictures and makes calls" Warped mentality of an avg.Nigerian.

When Buying phone,buy tested&trusted dealers like Samsung or apple or other good products instead of jumping on the infinix or tecno bandwagon. Trust me,it may be expensive but it's worth the money.They make your life stress free&do not develop unnecessary problems

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by TerrorSquad147: 12:26pm On Aug 25, 2017
Wetin concern me with tecno or wizkid? I don dey rock my S6 Edge for almost 2 years now, no issues except for the battery I changed some months ago.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by PROPHETmichael: 12:27pm On Aug 25, 2017
Frankenstein:
Please, who has that picture of a rich dapper nigga in white brocade pointing and giving orders to a police man? A car was packed at the background of what looks like an entrance to a hotel.

It's a popular picture

Below is his Instagram page, go there and select the one you want.�

https://www.instagram.com/iam_emoney1/?hl=en
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by TerrorSquad147: 12:28pm On Aug 25, 2017
Collins4u1:
Bro you're just an anologue being.. Disgraceful both you and carlcare criminals..

Btw Techno no be phone..
the guy really fall my hands

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by DesireBenjamin: 12:29pm On Aug 25, 2017
Pleaae reply my mail.
Lets talk.
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by ojtopsy: 12:33pm On Aug 25, 2017
thats how i was billed 40k for a phone I bought for 48k from slot. I simply went to buy another phone.

Mac2016:

I commend you bro, you are a very excellent story teller. I got everything you explained.
Immediately, they told me to pay 14k to repair a phone I bought for 14.5k at Carlcare Ikeja, I knew something was wrong with them. I turned back immediately.
I work with jumia more...I would have help escalate your experience but still this ur experience shd not be swept under the carpet. Keep on escalating till you make them here...Go on twitter handles of techno, konga, nta, consumer protection agencies, SON, vanguardngr and other bodies to escalate till u get a reasonable response...ur experience could save others.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by curiousmind11: 12:36pm On Aug 25, 2017
In Nigeria we tolerate every bad thing. Customer service is zero in Nigeria. Most persons and businesses know nothing about good customer service. And yet we still patronize them, either because we have no alternative or we don't know our rights. Same way we tolerate and even praise our fraudulent politicians and government.

I hope things like this will open our eyes to know that a customer is king in the chain of production/business. As such we have thee right to demand for excellent services.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by VIPERVENOM(m): 12:37pm On Aug 25, 2017
Even carlcare in ph can't fix fones. they take it to Lagos. Those guys played u big time. You sef no try at all.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by dacovajnr: 12:38pm On Aug 25, 2017
If Op na my brother,I for don curse am! Choi!! You have your right trampled upon coz you acted like Mumu instead of Threatening them! Funny enough the idiot marketers go avoid this Thread grin grin Awon Werey 100%

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 25, 2017
Gionee repair center was the best experience I have ever had till date, I have been there 3 times, didn't pay a kobo and receive world class service!

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by strangest(m): 12:41pm On Aug 25, 2017
dMODShavgonemad:
Guy na u dull, all I saw was I had no other choice, u don see where people dey get choice? I can't have u as a friend and not lash u with my tongue. u were totally cheated and trampled on. If Na me I go show them werey, u dash dem balance, u pay more for lower device. Guy u no b Nigerian or e b like say change dey ur hand wella. Yr right is ur right, if dem one try rubbish with u threaten them say u go carry their case online with proof. Abeggi no tell us say dem do u strong thing, Na u cause am

Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by bonifieldstun(m): 12:42pm On Aug 25, 2017
grin cheesy op u mumu o Carl care kor, can beer Ni ,carry ya phone go alaba or computer village u for don fix am since lol god punish Carl care
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by nellyelitz(m): 12:43pm On Aug 25, 2017
Same in that Carlcare Uyo, I had my swollen Infinix Note3 battery fixed for free withing 24hrs after 6months of usage.

Op, try not to visit your village again till Christmax.
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by sammirano: 12:46pm On Aug 25, 2017
Thats why i run from anytin techn--

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by Dottune(m): 12:50pm On Aug 25, 2017
I don't think such issues are applicable in Lagos, when my mother's phone which was close to a year screen stopped responding without any crack on the phone, it was repaired for her for free although it took longer than usual.
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by Alvyn69(m): 12:59pm On Aug 25, 2017
I sympathize with you whole heartily, Different stroke for different folks. Personally I will say since i did a swap from my F7 to R7 tecno device i think i have had a clean bill of rest of mind. Maybe you met the wrongest set of individuals at the carlcare centre but don't use it to generalise atleast I am a living testimony to tecno swap so i know what am talking about. Sorry bro!
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by Frankenstein: 1:04pm On Aug 25, 2017
PROPHETmichael:

Below is his Instagram page, go there and select the one you want.�

https://www.instagram.com/iam_emoney1/?hl=en
Aha! Thanks a lot.

I couldn't find the particular picture.
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by Dlee1(m): 1:05pm On Aug 25, 2017
Any brand of phone that is not available on Aliexpress is not acceptable and buyable with my hard earned cash.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by iSpread(m): 1:08pm On Aug 25, 2017
They won't try that with me. Trust me.
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by Franky826: 1:20pm On Aug 25, 2017
fratermathy:
I have read some negative experiences with CarlCare online that I wonder why the company has refused to change its ways. Many of the negative experiences are with their Opebi branch in Lagos. Below is my own experience with CarlCare, Uyo Service Center, No 18 Ikot Ekpene Road, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria. This post is not intended to ridicule the company or discourage genuine warranty holders from using CarlCare. I am sharing this because other people need to know what to expect with CarlCare and for the company to get its acts right. The experience below happened this month (August 2017).

At first, my device (Tecno PhonePad II) touch screen stopped responding on its own just a few months after I bought it from Konga (it was still under warranty). I took it to CarlCare, Uyo Center, and I expected that it would be fixed free of charge based on my warranty. On getting there, a plump, saucy and impatient lady called Grace examined the device and said I have to pay 15k for repairs because she could see some specks of sand between the screen guard and the LCD (which wasn't cracked in any way). The sand must have been stuck there when my screen guard was fixed. I even told them to remove the screen guard so that the sand would leave but they refused.

I was filled with utter dismay. I tried to stand my ground but the lady insisted that what happened was physical damage (even though I know NOTHING damaged the device physically). So I had no other choice than to pay the 15k (I couldn't take it elsewhere in Uyo because there are no other genuine Tecno repairers around that I know of, apart from the untrusted and untested road-side technicians). I had to get the money and pay.

After paying the 15k, I was told to come back for the phone in a week. I returned to pick the phone and truly the screen seemed changed. Fast forward a few weeks after the said change, my phone suddenly stopped charging. I tried several chargers and it didn't work. The chargers all worked in different phones but not mine. I knew the problem was from CarlCare because they were the only ones that have opened the phone so far.

I took the device back to CarlCare Service Center, Uyo. This time I was welcomed by the anti-customer face of Innocent, one of their male staff. Innocent is not someone anyone should put in front of customers at all. He examined the phone after I told him it stopped charging and that I had repaired it there before. I was billed N400. I paid N1000 and they didn't have complete change so I was owed N400 (I never got the balance). Innocent asked me to return the next day for the phone.

So I returned the next day and was asked to come the day after. I did so and was asked to come by Friday (this happened on Wednesday). I returned there on Friday and was told that my phone has been sent to Port Harcourt for repairs because they couldn't do it (which I suspected as a lie to buy themselves more time). I was yet again asked to return the next week. I was not supposed to remain in Uyo beyond that week but I stayed behind because of the device. I returned on the day they stipulated and this time I met Grace, the plump female worker. She said that my device is taking too long to repair (after Innocent said the week before that it was sent to Port Harcourt) and that they want to swap it with a new device for me. My goodness! I was elated! I never knew she kept a whole lot about the said swap from me.

I brought my receipt as Grace requested and she said that she would apply for the swap. I was asked to return the next day. When I got there on the next appointed day, I was then told the truth about the swap. Grace (the CarlCare worker) said that I have to choose between L9 and L8 Lite and PAY THE DIFFERENCE IN PRICE. Firstly, both of these devices were far lower than Tecno PhonePad II both in price and functions. Secondly, my choice was limited to ONLY both devices (even though I wanted other choices). Seeing that I had no other choice, I settled for the L9 which was higher than L8 Lite.

Grace then made it more complicated by saying that I have to pay another N13,000 for the swap difference. My PhonePad II was bought at 40k last year, the price is currently 55k in Slot. L9 is sold at 36k everywhere. So I wondered why I should pay a difference of 13k? She said the money covered both the swap and the failed attempt to repair my previous phone's damaged board. I was disappointed again. It should be noted that I didn't have any other phone to access the internet with at this point and I was basically frustrated with everything.

So I had to pay another 13k to complete the said swap for a LOWER ranking device without even 4G (which my previous phone had). After payment, I was told to wait or to go and return because their server was down. I collected Grace's number so that I could call her to know the updates but she didn't pick up all through except once when she said she would check and never returned the call or picked up again. I even sent a text but had no response.

I had to return to CarlCare office again that day to know the update. Immediately Grace and Innocent (CarlCare workers) saw me, they seemed uncomfortable. I smelt something fishy. I was asked to wait yet again. Probably frustrated by my own frustration and impending anger, Grace went in and brought a Tecno L9 device in the following conditions:

1. No pack or carton
2. No accessories, including charger
3. No receipt for the new device
4. Device looked more refurbished than new
5. She declined to help me setup the phone and insisted I do it on my own (WHY?)
6. My N400 initial change wasn't returned
7. I didn't even get a printout for the transaction

I had no other choice than to accept the phone. I took it knowing that it was the only choice I had (she had said its either this or I pay for a new board amounting to over N20k). I have the new device with me now and I am not happy with its performance so far but I have no other choice, CarlCare made sure of that.

This is an experience I wouldn't want another to have. I have resolved to avoid anything that takes me to CarlCare at all costs and if something should ever take me there, I will take ice and fire along with me and give them a terribly cold hell. I advise everyone to avoid CarlCare, and in fact, if you can, Tecno products entirely (I have another Tecno 8H wasting away in my room because CarlCare couldn't repair it - barely a year after I bought it). I have seen a number of Tecno flagship devices go bad "all of a sudden" without any hope for repairs and even if they can be repaired, it'll be at exorbitant costs. Their swap deals are no better (run away from them if you can).

Read more reviews of CarlCare here: https://www.reviewnaija.com/reviews/carlcare-centre-ikeja

That's a really terrible experience.

Well I've done my part. Have cc their handles on twitter so they should hear your story

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by chukwuibuipob: 1:21pm On Aug 25, 2017
sad when we talk say TECNO and the other brand dey kal HOT is just a miserable calculator device/ useless. their die hard customers go dey behave like epilepsy patients..Stop buying worthless phone,mbanu!.@Op,there's nothing like gentleman in situation like dis,cause scene right there simple

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by CirocBoi(m): 1:21pm On Aug 25, 2017
Op you Bleep up thr 13k plus the 15k you spent eould havr gotten you a bluboo d1 with dual rear camera and Fingerprint scan amongst other things or even leagoo m8 plus via jumia, but it seems you are not smart am sure the tecno l9 is either for grace or innocent, that means they have repaired your phone and either grace or innocent is rocking it, and they sold their scrap for you, thats why it doesnt av a pack, receipt and the rest. Op you should be smart, you acted like a dull humanbeing thats why they used you, dem see u as mumu and you rili prove ur mumuness to dem by agreeing to everything they said

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by Greenthumb(m): 1:30pm On Aug 25, 2017
OP, you need to come to Lagos for lessons on how to display craze in such situations. Mahn, a typical Lagosian will never take half of what you took from those Uyo carlcare guys. What!!! you part with money like Moses parting the red sea with kondo, and because they saw how soft you were, they exploited it full dose.

That being sad, I've never bought a techno product and will never buy one. I friends who have used their products and their varying complains with after sales service. Followed one to carlcare at Opebi once and I wept for customer service in Nigeria. People looking so helpless after spending their hard earned money to buy a company's product. I just advised him to dump the phone and go back to Samsung.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by lagosrd: 1:37pm On Aug 25, 2017
Mine was Ilorin branch. Very terrible arrangement and rude customer service agents. The worst part is that they feel no remorse when you show your displeasure when they call you after services are been rendered.
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by fratermathy(m): 1:47pm On Aug 25, 2017
nellyelitz:
Same in that Carlcare Uyo, I had my swollen Infinix Note3 battery fixed for free withing 24hrs after 6months of usage.

Op, try not to visit your village again till Christmax.

Do you really want to compare replacing a swolen battery with my Experience?
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by Greenthumb(m): 1:47pm On Aug 25, 2017
iSpread:
They won't try that with me. Trust me.

Me neither! Dem dey crase??
Re: My Experience With Carlcare Service Center, Uyo by fratermathy(m): 1:48pm On Aug 25, 2017
Franky826:

That's a really terrible experience.

Well I've done my part. Have cc their handles on twitter so they should hear your story

Thank you very much for that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Get 165 MB Airtel Line With Just 100 Naira / What Phone Launcher Are You Using? Flaunt It. / Vivo Unveils New Tech That Can Charge 4,000 Mah Battery In About 13 Minutes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.