Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,211 members, 7,807,722 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . (9331 Views)

Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) / Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by Vicjustice: 7:55pm On Feb 19, 2010
   I decided to come up with this thread because it has just recently occurred to me to drop this information and advice for country-men and women who are continuing to bin their thousands of naira attempting to obtain the UK visas while being unaware that they are under a ban for ten years.
   Have you ever been refused a UK visa on the basis of fraudulent, fake, or misleading documents or even serious sensitive misinformation? Then, apply for a UK visa no more, keep your application fees and try for other countries.
   It is unfortunate that, except you take measures, you might not be able to find out whether you carry the ten years ban  based on fraudulent or misleading documents presentation or, false declaration; this is the unfair method that the UK embassy uses to punish individuals who attempt to use fake or misleading documents to obtain their visa: they allow them to re-apply unaware of the ban while they extract the visa application fee from the unsuspecting applicants.
   If you are unsure of your ban/no-ban status, you are entitled to the rights of knowing your eligibility for the UK visa after refusal and the staff are oblige to let you know. But however, if you wish to make subsequent application, you can inquire before making your payment: ask them to inform you of your status before paying the visa fee, it is their duty to notify you of it if you ask them even during fresh application.
   These said, another way (perhaps the most effective way) that you can find out is your own intuition, you should know whether you were detected presenting any fake, fraudulent or misleading documents or serious sensitive misinformation to support your previous application. And if you were, then, there is no two ways about it, you've just been banned (unaware) for ten good years. Period.
   The sad truth is: you didn't receive the ban from making subsequent applications, but rather you received the ban from obtaining a UK visa of any category. So, it's up to you to apply a hundred or a thousand times while under a ban, but you will never be given a visa except after the ten years ban expires.

Watch these two videos, and in the first one, you would see that even though the Country-man came clean in his new application, but still he was refused a visa on the basis of the "fraud documents" that he submited in his previous application. Yet, the cruel visa officer did not advise the mugu applicant that he was under a ban, but the country-man who obviously found no reason for his recent refusal was wise enough to ask about his chance of getting the visa in future application, and then the visa officer was obliged to let him know that he had been under a ban even before his recently denied application was made. 
   Now, had this countryman known that he was under a ban, he wouldn't have spent his hard-earned money all through that stress and trouble to apply for a visa that will never be issued him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSk8EOcuecQ&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF5El8RSaTk

Now, considering the fact that over 9000 fraudulent documents were submitted in just one year, may i please request that you people keep this thread alive so that others would see it and avoid binning their money, this thread can save millions or even billions of naira.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by stanleymail03(m): 8:18pm On Feb 19, 2010
Nice info, but does it apply also to shengen countries. If so, what is the ban period.
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by joxiri: 2:41pm On Feb 20, 2010
very good post
i still feel the uk embassy in nigeria should make people more aware of this 10 year automatic ban because so many people seem to still be ignorant to it and still dash the embassy money when most likely they will be refused
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by sunboy(m): 4:36pm On Feb 20, 2010
nice post mr. tourist. its really good to get access to infos like this.
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by GEW: 4:38pm On Feb 20, 2010
sunboy:

nice post mr. tourist. its really good to get access to infos like this.
what would be better is for people to stop using fake documents and telling lies to obtain things they are not entitled to. british visa is not a nigerian birth right.

1 Like

Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by sunboy(m): 6:07pm On Feb 20, 2010
and you think it will ever stop? no not until we have a good leader and transformation happens in dis country.
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by Vicjustice: 8:06pm On Feb 20, 2010
Watch these two videos, and in the first one, you would see that even though the Country-man came clean in his new application, but still he was refused a visa on the basis of the "fraud documents" that he submitted in his previous application. Yet, the cruel visa officer did not advise the mugu applicant that he is under a ban, but the country-man who obviously found no reason for his recent refusal was wise enough to ask about his chance of getting the visa in future application, and the visa officer was obliged to let him know that he had been under a ban even before his recently denied application was made. 
   Now, had this countryman known that he was under a ban, he wouldn't have spent his hard-earned money all through that stress and trouble to apply for a visa that will never be issued him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSk8EOcuecQ&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF5El8RSaTk

Now, considering the fact that 9000 fraudulent documents were submitted in just one year, may i please request that you people keep this thread alive so that others would see it and avoid binning their money, this thread can save millions or even billions of Naira.
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by joxiri: 8:35pm On Feb 20, 2010
it seems like the uk embassy are refusing to inform people about the ban so that they can re-apply and swindle them out of their money
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by Tegese: 4:48pm On Feb 22, 2010
i never thought this is how it goes with the uk embassy, i was thinking that the 10 years ban is comprehensively written in the letter of refusal. i cant believe that the uk embassy could be involved in such unfair practice. those who have ears, let them hear
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by justwise(m): 4:58pm On Feb 22, 2010
Tegese:

i never thought this is how it goes with the uk embassy, i was thinking that the 10 years ban is comprehensively written in the letter of refusal. i cant believe that the uk embassy could be involved in such unfair practice. those who have ears, let them hear

I don't really think its an unfair practice, Uk embassy made it clear that if anybody submits fake/forgery document that its 10yrs ban. They don't necessarily need to write it down again. When they refused u a visa the reasons are given, so if u have submitted fake/forgery document then u know what that means.
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by Tegese: 5:21pm On Feb 22, 2010
justwise:

I don't really think its an unfair practice, Uk embassy made it clear that if anybody submits fake/forgery document that its 10yrs ban. They don't necessarily need to write it down again. When they refused u a visa the reasons are given, so if u have submitted fake/forgery document then u know what that means.
then, would it not be fairer if the uk embassy informs applicants who are under the ten years ban instead of accepting their application fee for a visa that will never be issued them?
some peep keep on applying for the visa even up to 5 times without knowing that they are under a ban, and each time, the embassy keep on accepting their application fee com'onnnn!
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by justwise(m): 5:35pm On Feb 22, 2010
Tegese:

then, would it not be fairer if the uk embassy informs applicants who are under the ten years ban instead of accepting their application fee for a visa that will never be issued them?
some peep keep on applying for the visa even up to 5 times without knowing that they are under a ban, and each time, the embassy keep on accepting their application fee com'onnnn!

I take your points but then again, every applicant is responsible for his/her actions, many of those who applies 2-6times changes their details, eg, using another name, or changing passport thinking they can fool the BHC. Since the BHC stated the consequences of presenting forgery or fake documents from day one then u can't hold them responsible when somebody disregard that and went ahead and apply again.

The agency that collects  visa applications for BHC may not really know that the applicant is banned, its the responsibility of the applicant to know that.
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by joxiri: 6:00pm On Feb 22, 2010
if this situation was in the uk, I am sure the regulator would have warned/fined the organisation for failing to inform visa applicants, that they have been banned
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by segzeybaba(m): 9:16pm On Feb 22, 2010
joxiri:

if this situation was in the uk, I am sure the regulator would have warned/fined the organisation for failing to inform visa applicants, that they have been banned

Thats because they have a good administration and watchdogs established 4 dem purpose, why cant Nigeria emulate such thing and get a regulator that will warn and fine them. No bi by force.
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by joxiri: 9:56pm On Feb 22, 2010
but the uk should still have a responsibilty to act in an appropriate and ethical manner
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by segzeybaba(m): 10:12pm On Feb 22, 2010
Yeah they should but if you a business entity like the Border Agency Group, you jst want to maximise your profit, and the more application, the more money they make. Why do you think the increase visa fees every financial year? Because of the vast revenue they make from entry clearance application. Nigerians should only be conscious and stop fradulent applications.

1 Like

Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by joxiri: 10:23pm On Feb 22, 2010
but they are not a business entity though its a government agency
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by juzme: 11:14pm On Feb 22, 2010
Most European countries don't inform applicant that was banned from entry their country in writing. But the different between other european countries and UK is that most of other european countries accept only invitation that is approved from the ministry of Interior and in this case if you are banned from entry their country it will be difficult to get an invitation from their country. But in the case of Uk you may not need invitation that is approved from the ministry of interior or home office. So it will be very difficult to know when you are on a ban.
But as the OP said you can find out if you make inquiry from the embassy as regard to your status before you apply for a visa. It is their responsibility to inform you whether you are banned or not but not in writing.
You can pose this question to them when you call or visit them: That you have been applying for UK visa for a number of x time and your visa is constantly being refused even though you submited all the necessarily documents. that you wish to know your status as whether you are on ban or not. In this case you are entitle to know your status.
You can as well ask what you need to do in order to overturn your ban. There are always provision for that. So you can ask for the procedures.
Meanwhile, Stop using fake documents. if you procure any document from anybody, try to verify the documents before you submit to any embassy.

1 Like

Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by segzeybaba(m): 11:17pm On Feb 22, 2010
part of border agency is government agency and other part business entity as they already outsourcing some of its visa services, and even as a government agency, its all about making profits and balancing its accounts. with all trillions upon trillions of pounds in debts, UK govt. jst gotta cut public spending bits by bits
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by DrKitaun(m): 2:44am On Feb 24, 2010
BHC don dey defraud Naija peeps, no be today, go and ask people wey dey sleep just to queue up at 54 Marina (Wema Bank building) in those days in d 90s . . .getting a visa was like d camel passing thru d needle's eye!
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by Akolawole(m): 3:46pm On Feb 25, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

BHC don dey defraud Naija peeps, no be today, go and ask people wey dey sleep just to queue up at 54 Marina (Wema Bank building) in those days in d 90s . . .getting a visa was like d camel passing thru d needle's eye!

Chelarams building abi!

Omo, you don tay for travel thingy 0 grin
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by tkb417(m): 4:08pm On Feb 25, 2010
Akolawole:

Chelarams building abi!
Omo, you don tay for travel thingy 0 grin
shey na chellarams building na in turn to Wema Building ?

@OP
nice post
stop giving UK ur money for nothing
stay in 9ja and help make our country beta

me i like ma country. . . everything e dey for Nigeria, make we join hands, to make Nigeria better grin grin

1 Like

Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by joxiri: 4:54pm On Feb 25, 2010
anyone that traveled in the 90s will remember that iconic gold coloured building shared with uba or wema bank was it
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by candylips(m): 5:00pm On Feb 25, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

na american embassy worse. i was a victim in the late 90's chei !! man don suffer
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by gongoaso1: 5:15pm On Feb 25, 2010
@poster
nice points u've got with excellent advice.
but u could have done this thread a whole lot of good without use of the word 'binning' in the title.
wink
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 26, 2010
does this also apply to someone who is in this category you mentioned and who has a child in the uk with a fiancee and wanting to apply for a child grant access visa.
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by justwise(m): 8:46pm On Feb 26, 2010
@davidmon

You must be really desperate for money, but the bad news is that you will die a poor man
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by MrCrackles(m): 8:48pm On Feb 26, 2010
justwise:

@davidmon

You must be really desperate for money, but the bad news is that you will die a poor man
GBAM!!! grin
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 26, 2010
lol grin
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by gongoaso1: 1:13am On Feb 27, 2010
justwise:

@davidmon

not fair dude undecided
Re: Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . by justwise(m): 1:16am On Feb 27, 2010
gongo aso:

not fair dude undecided

Yes its more than fair

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy Quality Gold In Lagos Or Naija / How Can I Book A Flight Ticket to China Online. / Arik Air - Passenger Reviews!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.